New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tentacle Spells

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Tentacle Spells

Is it just me or is the D&D world just really lacking in this department :3 Its always Black Tentacles this and black tentacles that. Well! I'm bored of just Black Tentacles.

Ideas:

Tentacle Slave

Conjuration (Creation) [Tentacle, Mind-affecting]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 7, Tentacle 6
    Components:
    V, S, M
    Casting Time:
    1 standard action
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area: 1 living creature
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates
    Spell Resistance: No
    Cause a tentacle to appear that attaches itself to the spine of a host, controlling it until removed or duration ends and tentacle leaves. The tentacle is diminutive and requires a spot of 15 or a search of 5 to notice. The Tentacle's influence is absolute, you must beat a reflex to avoid getting touched by the tentacle. If the tentacle would force the creature to do something self damaging or largely out of character they may get a Will save. DC's are typical spell save 10+Mod+Spell level.

Tentacle Wrath
    Conjuration (Creation) [Tentacle]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 8, Tentacle 7
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Area: 50ft+5/level spread
    Three large viciously spiked tentacles appear taking up a 10x10ft square each within 50ft +5ft/level they can make individual melee attacks, and make opportunity attacks. They can attack within 30ft of them using your BAB +12, and their attacks are 30ft lines 5ft wide dealing 1d8 +casters main modifier slashing damage. they can also make grapple checks to grab foes with a CL+12 modifier, the spikes dealing 1d6+4 piercing damage a round on maintained pins. The tentacles can also throw medium or smaller creatures 50ft -10ft per size category starting at -0 at tiny size.

Tentacle Lure
    Transmutation [Tentacle]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Tentacle 3
    Components: V, S
    Area: 50ft burst +5ft/level
    Saving Throw: none (harmless)
    You infuse any active [tentacle] spell to release attractive mind effecting pheromones almost magical in nature. Creatures must make a will save (as normal DC for a spell) or move half they're speed and otherwise take no action but to defend against attackers besides the tentacles. When effected, they may not save against grapples from the tentacle. New save each round (as obviously the tentacles plan to harm them in some way)

Tentacle Monster

Conjuration (Summoning) [Tentacle]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 6, Tentacle 5
    You summon a Tentacle monster, a living, mobile creature covered in many tentacles.
    [insert stats probably similar to a Hydra in the effect of tentacles rather then heads]

Tentacle Friend:

Conjuration (Creation) [Tentacle]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 1-9
    Saving Throw: none
    summon a single tentacle of given size that can attack, clumsily manipulate objects, or perform a variety of things the caster desires so long as its physically possible. One such thing is Opening a lock with a smaller tentacle, as tentacles can compact their form to fit into tight spaces, such as going into a key hole and releasing all the little pins, opening a door with less complex locks. Meanwhile bigger tentacles can do more brute things, and even make an attack at your highest attack bonus +2 per size category larger them medium it is. Tentacles size depends on the level cast at. 1 being Fine 9 being colossal. Medium sized gains no benefits, but can do many things you could do (so long as they don't require fine manipulation with more then one finger..) But for every higher category, they gain +4 Str, for every lower, +4 dex
    It can be used at a higher level to produce a higher effect, with a lower size. Effects can be mimicking "Mage Hand" (Tentacle moves it for you) or "Hold Portal" (Tentacle holds it for you) for some.

Tentastical Implantation
    Conjuration (creation) [Tentacle]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Tentacle 4
    Area: 1 creature
    Duration: 3 rounds
    You conjure a thin, whip like tentacle thats surprisingly strong. It makes a grapple check at +4 modifier. If it succeeds, target is grappled. its slime coating is infused with a paralysis agent that starts to take effect, they take a -4 penalty to Str, Dex, wis and Int.and are shaken for 2d6 rounds
    Round 2. New grapple check, In a fail, target takes -8 penalty to Str, Dex, Wiz, and Int. and become Frightened for 2d6 rounds
    Round 3, another grapple check. If failed, victim becomes Helpless for 1d4 rounds, becomes panicked for 2d6 rounds and is implanted with an egg that hatches 3d3 days later (Notice check DC 20 after half time passed, unnoticeable until then) On a notice, or if someone knew (whether it be through watching or otherwise) they can make a DC 15+2 per day after implantation Heal check to remove the egg.
    When it hatches, it deals 1 point of constitution drain (1d4 if victim is male), and releases a small sized permanent Tentacle Friend thats loyal to whoever it hatched from... for 1d12 weeks before it tries to do as it would normally in the wild and eat the mother (gaining 1/4th their levels as temporary levels, and growing 1 character level, and becoming Medium sized) and go out on its own.
    Those who witness the Implantation in 2n'd stage are Nauseated Those who witness the 3'rd stage are Sickened and Shaken for 1d3 rounds on a successful will save. On a fail, they are Sickened/Shaken for 1 day per point they failed by. A person who witnessed or Experienced Tentastical Implantation before suffers only half the effects of fear, Nausea, or sickening. On a third time, they suffer no ill Fear, Nausea or Sickening effectively having immunity against this spell besides the grapple, helplessness (and its previous stages), and the implantation itself.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-24 at 06:09 PM.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Tentacle Spells

Need some clarification. Tentacle Slave, just to what or whom is this tentacle attached?
    Also, you know what, why not just drop all pretense…

Molesting Tentacles
    As Black Tentacles but does no damage. The tentacles tend to probe for… certain anatomical features of any living creature they successfully grapple. Grappled creatures must make a Will save each turn or pass out from… lets say ‘over stimulation’.
    ...with a vengeance!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Doh-ho-ho. Tentacles do indeed need a little more love. I don't know much about homebrew but I think I'll try making a spell or two, should be fun. I shall think of something!

Know what else we need? A discipline focused around the power fluid motion of the tentacle. That'd be great.
    ParsonxMaggie Shipper in the Playground

4. - Top - End - #4

added some fairly usable stats to my ideas.

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Tentacle Slave should be higher level (it's Dominate Monster with a shorter duration and a Reflex save which tends to be lower on high level monsters), and should either be even higher level or mind-affecting.

Tentacle Wrath needs its attack bonus defined. And is its total grapple modifier +12 or is it (like black tentacles) X + 12 where X is based on something of yours (in black tentacles' case CL)?

Tentacle Friend needs damage clarified and the attack bonus needs to define whether it's at your BAB + 2/size category or your BAB with all modifiers (not good design) +2/size category and even then it remains odd (Str 18 at Colossal with a -8 size penalty to hit, so it's BAB is +12 more than yours at that point).

As for my own additions:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137043 an old work from mine when I was playing a chaos (tentacle) mage. He'd had a Lovecraftian trip through the non-existence that surrounded his world and it left him... odd.

Another one I never got around to posting at the time:

(Tom’s) Single Tentacle:
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 3
    Effect: 1 tentacle
    Saving Throw: None
    You summon a single large tentacle. This functions as Black Tentacles except the tentacle can only grapple one creature at a time which must be within 10-ft of where the tentacle was placed. It will grapple whatever creature you designate when you cast it and may change its target as a move action. The tentacle must make a melee touch attack to initiate grapple (bonus is caster level +4 [Str] -1 [size]).

Another that he was going to make in game (my friends tried to make me make it chains instead of tentacles):

(Tom’s) Tripping Tentacles:
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 2
    Casting Time: 1 standard action.
    Range: 20-ft burst centered on yourself.
    Targets: Enemies within area and within 1-ft of the ground.
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates.
    Spell Resistance: No.
    You create dozens tentacles that spring out from your body. These chains stretch 20-ft away from you and pull any opponents within range prone. A successful reflex save negates this effect, and any creature more than 1 foot above the ground is immune.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hentacle
    Prerequisites: Able to cast black tentacles, or any spell that creates tentacles, caster level 12.
    Benefit: As long as you have a black tentacles or similar spell available to cast, you may create a lesser baleful polymorph effect on any humanoid or monstrous humanoid that polymorphs them into a (Rierdran/Japanese/Asian) schoolgirl in a short school uniform (treat as 1st-level human commoner) with no save. So long as you cast black tentacles or similar in the following round, the duration of this polymorph is 1 minute per spell level, otherwise it ends on the target's following initiative count.

As a secondary benefit, your black tentacles or similar spells are no longer impeded by freedom of movement or similar effects.
    Brought to you by Relentless Imp from brilliant gameologists. I think it is a great reserve feat.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Wikipedia-like cross-indexing: Begetter of the Black Bothria
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Wikipedia-like cross-indexing: Begetter of the Black Bothria
    I would honestly be terrified if a DM put this in a campaign with me. It's got interesting flavor, but i can only imagine what some one would plan with this

9. - Top - End - #9

Tentacle Slam
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 2
    Range: Cone 25-ft+5ft/level
    Targets: All in cone
    You summon a long tentacle covered in spikes that protrudes from you chest to attack those before you dealing 1d4/caster level slashing damage to each. Tentacle then disappears back into your body, vanishing back to wherever it may have come from.

Thieving Tentacle
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5
    Range: Close 25-ft+5ft/level
    Targets: single creature
    You summon a long tentacle with powerful suction cups that protrudes from you chest to attack, it makes a grapple attempt (caster level+5). If it succeeded, it pulls the victim back with it as it disappears back to where it came from. (effectively killing it). Cannot pull creatures larger then you are.
    If a PC gets caught in this spell it could lead to an interesting quest to the Tentacular Plane where PC's must rescue they're friend who is otherwise eternally being used as a hold for the tentacles to carry they're eggs until the day the character dies.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-22 at 09:11 PM.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGirl View Post
    I would honestly be terrified if a DM put this in a campaign with me. It's got interesting flavor, but i can only imagine what some one would plan with this
    Eh, there are some options that are squickier than others with that PrC.
    I actually find the PrC more "Eldritch Horror", while this thread is more "Naughty Tentacles".
    I prefer the PrC.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, this thread seems interesting. I wonder if there are enough tentacle spell to make a grouping of about 2 per spell level. I'm not seeing much in the way of level 1 spells here, and the tentacle friend is a little vague (for example, does it have a move speed or what sizes are required to do certain actions).

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

This is making me think of a joke class I made one Saturday evening, around the time I joined these forums. Might have to find where I saved it.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    Well, this thread seems interesting. I wonder if there are enough tentacle spell to make a grouping of about 2 per spell level. I'm not seeing much in the way of level 1 spells here, and the tentacle friend is a little vague (for example, does it have a move speed or what sizes are required to do certain actions).

Owrtho

Ya, I tried to make a list of things for each level. I just copied spell names and effects, pasted them at the effective Tentacle Friend level. Didn't actually turn out so swell...
    I can retry, and as said it these are just Ideas, I don't necessarily claim them as my own so if some one else wants to give it a go thats fine.

here, I'll give a level 1 tentacle attempt:
    Helpful Tentacle
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 1, Tentacle 1
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: One invisible, mindless, shapeless servant
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    Tentacle performs simple tasks at your command. It can run and fetch things, open unstuck doors, and hold chairs, as well as clean and mend. The tentacle can perform only one activity at a time, but it repeats the same activity over and over again if told to do so as long as you remain within range. It can open only normal doors, drawers, lids, and the like. It has an effective Strength score of 8 (so it can lift 60 pounds or drag 300 pounds). It can trigger traps and such, but it can exert only 60 pounds of force, which is enough to activate certain pressure plates and other devices. It can’t perform any task that requires a skill check with a DC higher than 10 or that requires a check using a skill that can’t be used untrained. It has a burrow speed of 20ft, but no land speed. from where it appears it has a reach within 10ft of where it pops up. Its "Burrowing" is special, and extraordinary as it leaves no trail, or sign that it was ever there as it passed, and can "burrow" in as little as 1inch of any solid material.

The tentacle cannot attack in any way; it is never allowed an attack roll. It can be killed, and it disappears into the ground if it takes 6 points of damage. (It gets no saves against attacks.) If you attempt to send it beyond the spell’s range (measured from your current position), the tentacle assumes its job is done and disappears back into the ground.

Material component: diminutive piece of squid, or octopus, condition is of no consequence.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-22 at 09:57 PM.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Vaarsuvius' tentacle spell...
    Last edited by panaikhan; 2011-06-23 at 07:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

While I'm sure that someone else has done this better, Here goes:

Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
    Conjuration(Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 5

This spell functions like Black Tentacles except as follows:

The tentacles have an effective strength score of 20 (grapple modifier of Caster Level plus 9).

Once the tentacles have grappled an opponent, they may make a grapple check each round to *censored* dealing 1d4 points of Intelligence and Wisdom damage in addition to 1d6+5 points of piercing damage.

The tentacles do not distinguish friend from foe, and will attempt to *censored* anyone within its area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait a minute, didn't V ban conjuration?
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

16. - Top - End - #16

Tentastical Autohypnosis
    Conjuration (Creation) [mind-effecting]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 0, Tentacle 0
    Casting Time: swift Action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: 1 living creature in range
    Duration: 1 min /level
    Saving Throw: Reflex (harmless)
    You conjure a small tentacle that attaches itself somewhere on you or another. The tentacle then tightens or focuses your thoughts, even guides them. They gain Autohypnosis with a score of Caster level + spellcasting modifier.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-24 at 12:05 AM.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17

Tentacle of Might

Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz/tentacle 1-9
    Casting Time: Full-round action
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Saving Throw: None (harmless)
    This strong, muscular tentacle inserts itself into the body, connecting itself to nerve systems, traveling along under your skin to stack over your own muscle. +1 Str per spell level, starting at +2 at level spell level 1. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Skill
    Conjuration (Creation)
    This thin, wiry, but incredibly long and spry tentacle inserts itself into the body, connecting with nerves and traveling along under your skin to ingrain itself into muscular tissue and recommending links to better thought-to-deed action. You gain +1 Dex per spell level, starting at +2 at Spell level 1. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Health
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz/Tentacle 1-9
    This fishing wire thin tentacle inserts itself into the body, connecting itself to all flesh. The pattern it makes covers enough, and each segment strengthens the normal tissue around it. You gain +1 Con per spell level, starting at +2 at level 1. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Knowledge
    Conjuration (Creation)
    This small, but stocky tentacle inserts itself into the body and works its way to the brain. From there it makes a connection to your mind and aids in the recollection of memory, and offers its own knowledge to aid in your quest. You gain +1 Intelligence per spell level, starting at +2 at level one. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Insight

Conjuration (Creation)
    This small, but lengthy tentacle inserts itself into the body and works its way to the brain. From there it makes a connection to your mind and subtly alters the subconscious mind, connecting it to the conscious mind, and aiding in deep thought. You gain +1 Wisdom per spell level, starting at +2 at level one. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Presence
    Conjuration (Creation)
    This wiry, somewhat stocky small tentacle seems to give off an aura of confidence. The tentacle inserts itself into the body, and seeks out the brain. from there it makes a connection to your Habits, Memories, and general sense of self. It even gives a few modifications it things are nice. Tentacle gives you a +1 Charisma per spell level, starting at +2 at level 1. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Attraction
    Conjuration (Creation)
    This tentacle looks similar to the Tentacle of Health, but thicker, and a bit shorter. This tentacle inserts itself into the body and immediately fills itself out, spreads around the body to modify your physical appearance to make you look more attractive to other members of your race. You gain a +1 per spell level bonus to Appearance per spell level, starting at +2. This bonus is untyped. The tentacle leaves the body once your magic ceases to be enough to sustain its existence away from its homeland. (once the Duration expires)

Tentacle of Perfection
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz/Tentacle 9
    Casting Time: 20 minutes
    Duration: 1 hour /level
    This magnificent tentacle is large, and on the outside appears to be a writhing mass of tentacles. The tentacles bring you in where the Seven tentacles all work on you at once. You gain a +5 untyped bonus to each ability score. These tentacles however are more potent then they're brothers due to the unique commander behind them, The tentacles need not linger. Instead, the effect wears off after a certain time on its own.
    In addition to the seven ability tentacles, You gain +5 natural armor, Fast healing 5, and Your base attack bonus equals 1/3rd your character level which may give you multiple attacks.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-23 at 11:11 PM.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Quick Tentacle
    Transmutation
    Level:Sor/Wiz 1
    Casting time:1 swift action
    Range: Self
    Target:Caster
    Duration: 1 round
    Spell Resistance: no

This spell swiftly changes one of the casters limbs into a long rubbery tentacle. The tentacle has a reach of 15 feet, a +2 to initiative, a strength of 20, does 1d8+5 damage on a strike and possesses the feats Improved Grab and Improved Trip.

Other then making a quick grapple, trip, or attack, this spell is most often used as a 'rope' by the caster. For example one could use the tentacle to grab a tree branch and swing over a pit.

Material Component-a small tentacle
    Last edited by bloodtide; 2011-06-24 at 12:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtide View Post
    Quick Tentacle
    Transmutation
    Level:Sor/Wiz 1
    Casting time:1 swift action
    Range: Self
    Target:Caster
    Duration: 1 round
    Spell Resistance: no

This spell swiftly changes one of the casters limbs into a long rubbery tentacle. The tentacle has a reach of 15 feet, a +2 to initiative, a strength of 20, does 1d8+4 damage on a strike and possesses the feats Improved Grab and Improved Trip.

Other then making a quick grapple, trip, or attack, this spell is most often used as a 'rope' by the caster. For example one could use the tentacle to grab a tree branch and swing over a pit.

Material Component-a small tentacle
    I don't get it. The tentacle has a Str of 20, but it does +4 damage? Shouldn't it either be +5 or +2?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    I don't get it. The tentacle has a Str of 20, but it does +4 damage? Shouldn't it either be +5 or +2?
    Minor typo...

21. - Top - End - #21

Hundred hands of Death
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz/tentacle 9
    You spend some time to concentrate, chant the Lost Words of power, and upon completion your body seems to be composed completely of darkness, only your now glowing eyes and a twisted smile remain visible in the black mass. Then, finally, no matter where one is looking from Tentacles of darkness seem to spring from behind you. Hundreds of tentacles come forth to strike at those around you. Make an attack roll (3/4ths Caster Level+ Casting Modifier+ 1d20) to deal 1d8 piercing damage per caster level to every foe within 30ft +5ft/casting modifier. Repeat attack roll until you miss against the target (s).
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-24 at 04:20 AM.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22

Puppeteer Tentacle
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz/tentacle 7
    Casting Time: Standard Action
    Range: One creature in close contact
    Target: One creature
    Duration: --
    You place a small piece of tentacle inside the mouth of a dead creature. Chanting a few words, you place your hands over the mouth and the tentacle sparks to life, growing, and filling out the body until it has total control of the corpse.
    This spell functions mostly like Animate Dead, but does not gain the undead template, it instead games the aberration template, and cannot be killed unless totally destroyed. Otherwise the tentacle continues to grow around remaining bone. If you cut off a limb, it regenerates as pure tentacle mass 1d4 rounds later This regeneration is stopped by Electric damage. You can only command 1 of these per 4 caster levels.

================================================== ===========
    {Scrubbed}
    ^- Mybad... wrong version was posted.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-27 at 02:33 PM.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23

Tentacle Thief
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sorc/Wiz 2, tentacle 2
    Range: Close
    Target: Area of Effect
    Duration: 1 round/2 levels (maximum 10 rounds)

You create a long, whipping tentacle arm somewhere near you that protects you by taking a creature's weapon before it even hits you. The tentacle is a Large sized creature with a Strength score of 19. It threatens the squares within its reach and may make one attack of opportunity per round. The tentacle is incapable of dealing damage, but makes Disarm checks with a bonus of 8+your caster level, +4 if you have the Improved Disarm feat, and +4 if you are wielding a two-handed weapon. (There is no penalty if you are wielding a light or no weapon). On your turn, you may direct it to attempt to disarm any creature within its reach as a free action, otherwise it will remain motionless. If the tentacle successfully disarms a creature, it throws the weapon in the opposite direction, 10 feet plus 10 feet per 2 caster levels, (maximum 100 feet away).

24. - Top - End - #24

Tricky Tentacles
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz/tentacle 2
    Duration: 1 round/level
    You cause tentacles to appear in your square. They know your thoughts and act for your benefit. They give you a +2 to all modes of combat you attempt to perform, from Feinting to Intimidating. They even hinder your foes, giving them a -2 to hit you.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25

Because you keep posting Tentacle as a spell list, I figured I'd make a Tentacle Domain

Tentacle Domain
    Deities: Lolth, Ceres, Any Stormwrack Deity
    Granted Power: Tentacles you call or summon have a +2 bonus to their Strength score per spell level (Max +18 to 9th level tentacles)
    Spell List
    1-Quick Tentacle
    2-Tentacle Thief
    3-Tentacle Lure
    4-Black Tentacles
    5-Tentacle Monster
    6-Tentacle Slave
    7-Tentacle Wrath
    8-Tentacle Friend
    9-Tentacle of Perfection

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chilling Tentacles

Spell level: Innate level: 5, Warlock: Greater
    Components: Verbal and Somatic
    Range: Medium
    Target/Area: Large, 1d4 Tentacles
    Duration: 6 sec.*cLevel
    1 Round (cLevel).
    Save: Fortitude partial
    Spell resistance: No

This invocation allows you to conjure forth a field of soul-chilling black tentacles that ooze from the ground, groping for victims. For every round that a creature is caught in the area of effect, it suffers attacks from 1d4 tentacles, each capable of doing 1d6+4 points bludgeoning damage. With each hit the target must also make a fortitude save or be paralyzed for one round. In addition, each creature within the area of the invocation takes 2d6 points of cold damage each round regardless of whether they are struck by any tentacles. The tentacles last for 6 seconds per caster level.

The secondary effect of 2d6 cold damage is applied for each casting of Chilling Tentacles, and cannot be avoided except by resistance to cold damage, so it can be surprisingly effective when stacked with itself multiple times.
    This happens to be one of the most broken spells in nwn2 since you can stack it and deal hundreds of damage a round and prevent people from moving/actions.

Edit: nevermind, you said no black tentacles
    Last edited by Fera Tian; 2011-06-26 at 01:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Fera Tian View Post
    This happens to be one of the most broken spells in nwn2 since you can stack it and deal hundreds of damage a round and prevent people from moving/actions.

Edit: nevermind, you said no black tentacles
    Chilling Tentacles

Spell level: sorcerer/wizard 5
    Area: 20ft Spread
    Duration: 1 round/ level
    Save: Fortitude partial
    Spell resistance: No

This invocation allows you to conjure forth a field of soul-chilling black tentacles that ooze from the ground, groping for victims. For every round that a creature is caught in the area of effect, it suffers attacks from 1d4 tentacles, each capable of doing 1d6+4 points bludgeoning damage. With each hit the target must also make a fortitude save or be paralyzed for one round. In addition, each creature within the area of the invocation takes 2d6 points of cold damage each round regardless of whether they are struck by any tentacles. The tentacles last for one round per caster level.

You can cast Chilling tentacles in an area more then once at a time, for each additional casting you add half the previous ones effect. Meaning a second casting would be 1d6 cold, with 1d2 tentacles capable of doing 1d3+2 that stun on a hit, To a minimum of 1 cold damage, 1 tentacle dealing 1 damage, and no special effect on a hit.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Tentacle Monster[/B]
    You summon a Tentacle monster, a living, mobile creature covered in many tentacles.
    [insert stats probably similar to a Hydra in the effect of tentacles rather then heads]
    Reflex save?
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Reflex save?
    notice how that spell isn't even close to being done

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    Tentacle Monster
    Tentacle Monster
    Large thingamajig
    12d12+58
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 22 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +12 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 20
    Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+25
    Attack: 12 slams +17 melee (2d8+6)
    Full Attack: 12 slams +17 melee (2d8+6)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: fast healing 10, Blindsight 30ft, Tremorsense 60ft, Compaction (Tentacle Monster can fit anywhere a diminutive creature may fit.)
    Saves: Fort +13, Ref +9, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 23, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Skills: Listen +9, Spot +9, Swim +14
    Feats: Combat ReflexesB, Improved Natural Attack (slam), Iron Will, Toughness, Weapon Focus (slam), Improved Grapple
    Environment: Temperate marshes, Sewers, Basements, Closets, Bathroom Stalls.
    Alignment: Usually chaotic neutral
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-06-27 at 01:10 AM.

My Homebrew