New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Vale Of Shadows (FR 3.5 IC)

Solinal mostly just scoffed off the drow's words - he hated being spied on, and would have to take better care to ensure that he wasn't watched in the future. But the diviner's 'words of caution' were both interesting, and amusing - he'd be successful in which? Obtaining the location of the crown? Finding the crown itself? He smiled, mulling it over, No pleasure - hah. There is never pleasure in killing a man. But the crown? There is much in finding that.

He stood silent as he listened to the others discuss their path, the strange requirements of the portals, and the method in which they'd have to tackle such a thing. They were strange, but correct in that the portals could only be the design of a mad man. They required quite the touch of a killer. But he'd have to stay his hand for now - completing the tasks with a smile on his lips wouldn't do. No, definitely wouldn't do.

As the others prepared to head out, the drow mentioned something about a song - he shook his head, his tone serious and unamused, "I'd much rather we move out at the first chance. Time is of essence, and we have very little to waste on trifles such as song and dance. Revelry can come later - when you've saved those poor souls kept captive." He brushed past the others and towards the exit.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

"well," pursing her lips in thought, "we still have to figure out how we are gunna tell time in the tunnels. one of the portals require it to be highsun. if we want to figure out a device before leaving, then Nae and I have time."
    she looked directly to the male, "It is not just some revelry, it is how we honor her. It would be less than half an hour. and if you leave, its not like you cant be caught up with again."
    Last edited by Zarae; 2011-07-06 at 02:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed. It pleases the Goddess, and Her favour could be of great benifit to you as well, and not only us. After all, do you not pray when you are in need? It is how we do the same, only through dance rather than words," Naethalee explains, frowning at Solinal's words.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"How interesting. Perhaps I will attend and see this.

"As for keeping time, are there not devices for such things? Or perhaps we could use sunrods? Or simply divine the time by one means or another?"

5. - Top - End - #65

Solinal stops as Naethalee speaks and the elf answers curtly, "No." He turns slowly, and keeps a rather somber look upon his face, "While I am not one of the Faithless, I have little use for 'prayer' in the literal sense - for my deity was lost in the Time of Troubles - I'm quite sure you cannot comprehend how that effects one's outlook on the divine. However, if your goddess was really as benevolent as you say - gracing you with her blessing, why then would she require you to stall doing good in her name, and saving others, for little more than song and dance?"

The wild elf grinned wickedly beneath his hood, looking out at the drow, and her half-blooded partner, "If Elistraee sought to give you her blessing, why would you not find it in aiding others in her name - to bring others into your fold by claiming that it is Elistraee's wish to save them. Instead, you would let more suffer because you are selfish and believe your rituals more important than the lives of others." Solinal simply shrugged, ending with offhand remark, "I would say that would make you more of a killer than our gracious host's diviner believes me to be." The elf cracks his neck, and stretches a bit, before crossing his arm over his chest again, awaiting to see the reaction.
    Last edited by Naki; 2011-07-11 at 08:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"As if advancing the cause of ones god is always an all or nothing affair. A singularly black and white interpretation for one who seems so... grey.

"Such rituals serve their purposes, and it is not just to sing and dance. If I did nothing but the most direct and obvious to advance my own cause I would still be a wanderer in the desert. Much less would truly be done."

Rustle winks at Solinal, "Perhaps if you are lucky, you will get to see some of my rituals, elf."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanae isn't sure how to react to these strangers. She knew nothing of the ceremony but what Zarae had mentioned, and though it sounded intriguing, she didn't wish to intrude on a sacred ceremony.

"It's true that time is of the essence," Kanae ventures diplomatically. "But if the Evening Song is imminent, we're likely to gain more by allowing Zarae and Naethelee to participate than the few minutes we would lose. If the delay is more than half an hour, though, perhaps we should get moving."

Kanae

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: so do we just go ahead move to us traveling in the tunnels as if time has past?
    i mentioned participating in the Song partially b/c i figure folks might needed time to get ready and get needed supplies. and 2nd to be in character.

short reply to not waste a post:

The rogue didnt know how to explain it, she wasnt super religious, much less a priestess. but the two wouldnt be gone long at all. a few minutes would be enough.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

(ooc I forget where we are timeline wise so this might not actually be correct to say at this time but its all I've got right now)

Nairiyn flicks a bit of ash in Solinal's direction. "You seem to forget that the gods and goddesses need our worship, deed alone does not suffice. We're in this together so we must learn to make due for our companions needs. Besides it will give the rest of use who do not worship their goddess time to make last minute preparations if required."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

For those who attend the Dance of Eilistraee, it is a ten minute prayer in the form of dance, a frantic, yet somehow soothing affair that seems to reaffirm life. The group gather their belongings, and set out on their journey. It is mere hours before...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and listen checks, people, +3 modifier! I shall be describing surroundings pretty soon, but we'll need those checks to see who notices what!
    Last edited by darkpuppy; 2011-07-17 at 02:22 AM.
    Pembrokeshire: A place where madness is an aid, not only to gainful employment, but continued existence.

"Wizards... the class everyone whines about, but I destroy whenever I feel like it"
    - Darkpuppy, on Wizards in his DnD games.

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

All The Kings Men IC (DEAD)
    All The Kings Men OOC (DEAD)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rustle observed the dance keenly, and seems thoughtful as the journey begins.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+21)[35]
    Listen: (1d20+13)[32]

12. - Top - End - #72

Zarae seamed refreshed in a new way and yet saddened. when they headed out, she took the lead in scouting ahead, remaining just out of sight of the light sourses used. her cowl low over her face, the cloak tight around her frame. the rogue vanished with the rocks, her heat shadow hidden well with her camouflaging piwafwi.
    she periodically she would step back in sight to assure the way had been ok.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+20)[35] spot
    (1d20+19)[32] listen
    (1d20+19)[24] search (did not add +3)
    if needed:
    (1d20+43)[63] move silently
    (1d20+43)[55] hide
    Last edited by Zarae; 2011-07-17 at 12:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Perched on the quietly padding Daevain, Nairiyn takes the opportunity to think about the route ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nairiyn
    spot
    (1d20+25)[36]
    listen
    (1d20+25)[40]
    Daevain
    spot
    (1d20+1)[20]
    listen
    (1d20+1)[5]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanae follows along, cheerfully oblivious to her surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+4)[13]
    Listen: (1d20+4)[20]

Kanae

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee, perhaps surprisingly, pours her heart and soul into the dance, her lithe body well-adapted to the dances of her Goddess...

When they depart, she looks refreshed and even smiling, keeping her senses alert as they travel down the road.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+12)[23]
    Listen: (1d20+12)[14]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #76

Solinal keeps to the back of the group, his hood pulled far forward and watching carefully as they move ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+15)[22] Spot
    (1d20+15)[27] Listen

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The gallery ahead is vast, stretching off into the distance. The river Rauryn can be heard rushing up ahead, echoing around the cavern like a roaring beast. Despite this, Zarae is the first to spot, off in the distance, large shapes that, from the bellows of communication dimly heard over the river, to be minotaurs. They are somewhat difficult to see, because, while portions of the stone of the gallery glows, they, also, are glowing, and somewhat more angular than animals should be. There are two groups of 6, both within shouting distance of each other, and they have not yet seen Zarae, or the group trailing behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first group is 100 feet southeast of the entry to the gallery, the second a further 50 feet downriver. They are, unfortunately, currently blocking the only way further into their territory, and the group organisation is unclear at this time.
    Pembrokeshire: A place where madness is an aid, not only to gainful employment, but continued existence.

"Wizards... the class everyone whines about, but I destroy whenever I feel like it"

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

18. - Top - End - #78

Pausing, she turned back to face the group, her hand beginning to sign the warning before she remembered that it would be of no use.
    Instead, she moved a hand to her lips then pointed into the distance her other hand indicating a number then moving to a hilt of her weapon.
    if she got to a spot that was concealed, she could drop faerie fire on them and make a few very visible.

Spoiler
    Show
    (im guessing yall hear them already)
    --
    (1d20+43)[59] hide
    (1d20+43)[63] move silently
    going to attempt to sneak by and get behind so there is someone on the other side when/if things go bad. but since there was discussion on what to do, let those commence/be attempted first?
    Last edited by Zarae; 2011-07-28 at 02:49 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Naethalee freezes at the warning, her hands dropping to the hilts of her swords as she squints into the distance, trying to discern precisely what they are up against.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+9)[18]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rustle palms her holy symbol and watches ahead, eyes wide. She stays on the side of the group away from the river.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+15)[26] if I need another spot check (oops, plus another 3)

Last edited by Silver Night; 2011-07-28 at 02:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

As Daevain quits moving Nairiyn peer at the figures. "Hmm... quarrel over personal territory perhaps? I could nail one of the groups with a spell..." She says softly with a shrug. "Bide here a few minutes?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and a few other rolls just in case.
    Nairiyn Spot
    (1d20+25)[38]
    Arcana
    (1d20+25)[27]
    Nature
    (1d20+25)[34]
    Spellcraft
    (1d20+26)[41]
    Last edited by userpay; 2011-07-31 at 11:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The two groups do not, to Nairiyn's eyes, appear to be quarreling, as there is none of the display behaviour associated with a social challenge between members of bestial races, such as bugbears or minotaurs. Although bestial species are not related, Nairiyn's education allows her to quickly discern that the two groups are members of the same tribe, presumably low status, although the mutations do concern her somewhat. Their fishing appears to be a communal activity. Animosity between the two groups could, perhaps, be incited, but Nairiyn is uncertain as to how the mutation should affect things.

@Userpay
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not certain how they're mutated, and that doubt is throwing off your guesses about whether you can cast a spell to incite an argument between them. Otherwise, your nature and spot rolls combined were enough to take a guess at their general co-operation, although your observations took a total of 5 minutes, so if combat does occur before that 5 minutes is up (Zarae's going to cross the river in about that time). Well thought out!

@Zarae
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to roll their spot and listen (penalty to their Listen for the noise of the river close by) when everyone else has declared their actions. Otherwise, similarly good thinking.

@The Bushranger
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see nothing much new, although you can just about discern that the angular bits of the minotaurs resemble crystal growths... you're not certain about that though.

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

23. - Top - End - #83

the rogue pulled the crimson material even closer to her thin frame, it was almost impossible to see her, her heat shadow hidden beneath the piwafwi.
    her steps light, she traversed the cavern quietly up to the water. She peeked back to see what the others might be doing.
    when at the water, and (if) still unspotted, she then reached deep in her and called an an ability she had developed.
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show
    if the river is less than 20 ft across: shadow jump.
    as far as i know its not casting a spell type.
    since its all darkness their should be no problems of shadows.

if spotted, she'll drop a globe of darkness over herself

24. - Top - End - #84

Staying back, Solinal works to keep out of sight of the minotaur, as he slowly moves in closer, readying his blades, while keeping an eye out for the others and their actions, as they move to deal with the minotaur. He says nothing for the moment on the matter, watching to see how they will deal with this situation before making suggestions of his own.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently [1d20+29]
    Hide [1d10+31]

OOC: I also noted that I forgot to choose which spells Solinal has prepared for the day. I'll have to do do that >-<

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanae seems a bit lost. It's clear she's never dealt with minotaurs before, so she's content to stay back while the others analyze the situation.

Before Zarae sneaks off, Kanae casts Speechlink on her, allowing the two to communicate at any distance as if they were standing next to each other (duration: 150 minutes).

Kanae Passiontune

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Zarae is almost to the river when she hears a bellow of rage from one of the minotaurs. Looking, she has time to see that one of the group has lowered its horns and pounded toward somebody in darkness... as they are forced to leap aside, it is revealed to be Solinal!

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who knows Giant will translate the bellow as "SNEAK-THIEF!", and Group B is now aware of Solinal, but no-one else as yet.

Vale of Shadows OOC
    Vale of Shadows IC

27. - Top - End - #87

Zarae sighed quietly, lighting the minotaur with red faerie fire in hopes of making him believe he's on fire. she also readies a globe of darkness to be dropped in front of his path to her travel companion.

Spoiler
    Show

its a simple racial spell, shouldnt have to speak.

INT- (1d20+6)[26]

do they speak undercommon?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[18]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show

Init: (1d20+2)[9]

I'll figure out some actions when I get home from work - or should we post them in order?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    init (1d20-1)[11]