New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Image dump time. Welf and I have been slacking.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, Phoe, here's MY canon.

Say hello to the image for Semper Fidelis.

I could almost see them working.

Oh my goodness!!! A Toph!Pony!!!! THAT IS SO CUTE!!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

2. - Top - End - #482
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    So, thinking on my simhata's back story, what are poniverse lions like? We know they have, had or at least know what they are, thanks to Gilda. We've seen two part lion creatures, the manticore, and of course griffons.

The manticore seemed to be little more than a wild animal, perhaps slightly higher intelligence than normal, while griffons are sentient, if jerks from the one canon example.
    the lions of the Pack's Republc of Foo have been the foremost antagonist to the peoples of Nipony for thousands of years. Both are culturally reclusive, while the Lions of Foo have used their dramatic fireworks displays and lethal pack tactics to hold Equestrian expansion at bay, where the Niponies just use their tiny islands and dramatically turbulent waters and weather to maintain distance.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

This calls for a PARTY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDCNYTTvSZ0

Hopefully this party doesn't get out of hand.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

the lions of the Pack's Republc of Foo have been the foremost antagonist to the peoples of Nipony for thousands of years. Both are culturally reclusive, while the Lions of Foo have used their dramatic fireworks displays and lethal pack tactics to hold Equestrian expansion at bay, where the Niponies just use their tiny islands and dramatically turbulent waters and weather to maintain distance.
    I personally see lions in Equestria being something like this guy

5. - Top - End - #485
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

*Pops into pony thread*

"I reject your reality and substitute pony"

Huge Image - my new Desktop.
    Spoiler
    Show

Makes my want to RP ponies for some reason.

Oh, and... ummm... hello pony thread. I look to participate in this madness called pony.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome! I never have the official welcome image handy, so let me present you my ad-hoc duo of double barrel Scootaloo.

Spoiler
    Show

My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

7. - Top - End - #487
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    Woah woah woah. You're STILL a mare?
    *checks around for witnesses*
    *shoves SiuiS in a closet, joins her and shuts the door*
    *hangs a DO NOT DISTURB sign*
    oh, Uh, hey there, Poker Buddy. Gee, it sure is weird you wanted to play a game of poker, just you and I, here in this closet <.<psst. If you do this sort of thing in public, other ponies may think they can jump in. I don't wanna be dragged closet to closet, and YOU prolly don't want other ponies joining in.
    Thanqol, I don't see that as opposed to my views. In fact, it sounds about right.

Fine, DBC, fine. Resist my attempts to make a cultural analog which is neither pony nor silly. Be that way.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-27 at 02:29 AM. Reason: So... Many... Typoes

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

oh, Uh, hey there, Poker Buddy. Gee, it are is weird you wanted to play a game of poker, just you and I, here in this closet <.<psst. If you do this sort of thing in public, other ponies may think they can jump in. I don't wanna be dragged closet to closet, and YOU prolly don't want other ponies joining in.
    Thanqol, I don't see that as opposed to my views. In fact, it sounds about right.

Fine, DBC, fine. Resist my attempts to make a cultural analog Whig is neither pony nor silly. Be that way.
    I don't understand what you're saying I did. I heard rumblings of harvesting plans, but I decided to play along.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Halfling in the Playground

<_<
    >_>
    BAM!

Peter Sagal and Bill Clinton as ponies. The horror...the horrorrrrrr...

10. - Top - End - #490
    Banned

I don't understand what you're saying I did. I heard rumblings of harvesting plans, but I decided to play along.
    I thought 'Foo Lion' and went to China. You then used your facts to present a different view entirely.

Well, actually I think your view was posted first, but I thought we would argue good-naturally rather than me just confuse you and now here we are with you standing there and I'm apologizing and it's kind of awkward and I just won't shut up and now it's even more awkward because I should have control over that kind of thing and squeak.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-27 at 02:43 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I just don't think Crystal Dragon enough for this fandom sometimes.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Banned

Heh. I just don't think Crystal Dragon enough for this fandom sometimes.
    odd, considering you're the cause of most of the direct analogs already; ponyconian, Neighponese, Hisponia (land of something something and sensuality), etc.

Or maybe I need to go back and re-read a couple of the really old threads. Either way.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Since the consensus of two of the thread's most notable theory-crafters is that lions are intelligent, and are civilized (even if they don't agree on what that civilization is... Bonus idea: Civilization: Equestria), which do you like better: Lab Experiment or the Power of Love for how this hybrid came to be?

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ah'm too lazy to pull the picture of the Hoity Toity Cosplayer from Bronycon off mah phone. Somepony will havta remind me later when Ah'm at work if ya'll wanna see it, okay.

In other news. I have to decide how my custom pony toy I commissioned from an artist will look. She made an awesome Zecora, Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, and Soarin. I could get a OC pony too.

I have to tell her soon but... I CAN'T DECIDE!!!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

odd, considering you're the cause of most of the direct analogs already; ponyconian, Neighponese, Hisponia (land of something something and sensuality), etc.

Or maybe I need to go back and re-read a couple of the really old threads. Either way.
    Hispania: Land of SCIENCE AND SENSUALITY.

Though Hisponia is better.

And Neighpon wasn't my idea, it's drifted around the fandom for a few months now.

And what I mean is that I tend to assume real world political, economic, physical and biological forces are in place until I see them violated in the show, even though you could make a good case that I shouldn't. Hence my desire to make lions like their real world equivalent, on the basis that it makes life easier (from my POV)

If you want lions to be sentient, actually, I'd make them a tribal society. Like, hunter gatherer type, built on African models. Of course, they would be real predators, I think, so the odds of any relationship with ponies but an agreement that horse is off the menu would be really tenuous.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

If you want lions to be sentient, actually, I'd make them a tribal society. Like, hunter gatherer type, built on African models. Of course, they would be real predators, I think, so the odds of any relationship with ponies but an agreement that horse is off the menu would be really tenuous.
    I disagree somewhat. It's seen in the show that Gryphons are peaceful enough with ponies, so I don't see lions being too much different if they're in universe. If you abide by earthly laws, then sure, no hope. But by Equestrian standards...

I do like the idea of My Little Lions though :D

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dispozition View Post
    I disagree somewhat. It's seen in the show that Gryphons are peaceful enough with ponies, so I don't see lions being too much different if they're in universe. If you abide by earthly laws, then sure, no hope. But by Equestrian standards...

I do like the idea of My Little Lions though :D
    Well, I'm reluctant to make them sentient at all, given the Manticore. And Gilda stole an apple, so it isn't all meat for her.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    This. This. This a hundred times.

I have read too many fanfics, especially crossover ones that offend this key tenet of MLP:FiM. Seriously it's ponies. Why the hell would you wish something bad to happen to them with no obvious happy endings?

(I'm especially careful with this in my own fics.)
    Why?

Because not even the canon stories, the Episodes, end well all the time, and sometimes bad ending is really needed to drive the point home?

Say, you're writing a fic about Luna/Celestia conflict 1000 years ago, how exactly you will make that have a good ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Ah'm too lazy to pull the picture of the Hoity Toity Cosplayer from Bronycon off mah phone. Somepony will havta remind me later when Ah'm at work if ya'll wanna see it, okay.

In other news. I have to decide how my custom pony toy I commissioned from an artist will look. She made an awesome Zecora, Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy, and Soarin. I could get a OC pony too.

I have to tell her soon but... I CAN'T DECIDE!!!
    ...You know what I'd suggest already, don't you?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Seems there wasn't a consensus after all. I blame sleep deprivation and nerves...

I'll wait until some more people give their opinions on the matter. I can see the benefits of either way (and if poniverse lions are just animals, that pretty much limits it to being a magical experiment ) so I'm not picky with what ever the thread decides.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

And before I get some long overdue sleep, new version of Semper Fidelis. New stuff in blue text.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FE/edit?hl=en#

21. - Top - End - #501
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Since the consensus of two of the thread's most notable theory-crafters is that lions are intelligent, and are civilized (even if they don't agree on what that civilization is... Bonus idea: Civilization: Equestria), which do you like better: Lab Experiment or the Power of Love for how this hybrid came to be?
    I would prefer Power of Love. Or be a celestial creature. It's entirely possible your Si... Um. I can't remember how it's spelled but I read it as Shivatta. It's entirely possible it serves a similar purpose as I would in it's home mythology.

Hispania: Land of SCIENCE AND SENSUALITY.

Though Hisponia is better.

And Neighpon wasn't my idea, it's drifted around the fandom for a few months now.

And what I mean is that I tend to assume real world political, economic, physical and biological forces are in place until I see them violated in the show, even though you could make a good case that I shouldn't. Hence my desire to make lions like their real world equivalent, on the basis that it makes life easier (from my POV)

Hm. True, I haven't kept tabs on the fandom as a whole.
    Hispania was yours. But since I couldn't remember the whole thing (kind of embarrassed sensuality is all I could recall, actually) I hanged a vowel.

I think adopting Africa as the immediate equivalent for lions (or even most African animals) does a disservice to the wide array of options at our disposal. Zebras have only African mythology, but lions don't, and I do so love coming at things from new and differing angles. Foo lions (and their lesser versions, foo dogs) present a new facet of MLP to look at, where if they just clung to African tropes then we risk lions becoming background elements mug like Gilda did, rather than something new, exciting, and at the fore.

-

So I buckled. I picked up inkscape on a tablet laptop of a friend. I can't draw on a tablet, but thought I sire could trace something fierce.

Except, well, for some reason inkscape doesn't register any pressure on the stylus. A quick search shows this is a known problem... But I couldn't find a solution.

In the interests of having an avatar to match the thread (and maybe start helping out in the avatar thread) does anyone with inkscape experience have any advice for how to fix this?

And now, an experiment; can I sleep, knowing there is pony to pony? I shall try.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

I would prefer Power of Love. Or be a celestial creature. It's entirely possible your Si... Um. I can't remember how it's spelled but I read it as Shivatta. It's entirely possible it serves a similar purpose as I would in it's home mythology.
    Simhata or just Lion-Horse.

And in their home mythology, they're combat steeds for semi-divine/semi mortal warriors imbued with the powers of the sun god, moon god(dess. It varies based on their mood/which version you're talking to), the goddesses of the stars/planets (Mercury, Mars, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn), the 5 elements (fire, air, water, earth and wood *hurrhurrhurr*), and may have been made by magical genetic engineering.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Why?

Because not even the canon stories, the Episodes, end well all the time, and sometimes bad ending is really needed to drive the point home?

Say, you're writing a fic about Luna/Celestia conflict 1000 years ago, how exactly you will make that have a good ending?
    If it ends in some sort of hopeful note, it's still bearable. There are fics which are grimdark for the sole purpose of being grimdark. (And Rainbow Dash will always be the hilarious comical gal to die first for some reason.)

24. - Top - End - #504
    Bugbear in the Playground

I read "Fluttershy being taught by Twilight Sparkle" and went in a whole different direction with this <_<"
    That works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    If it's any consolation, you're in good company. We're waiting for season 2, as well.
    With us being as we are, are you sure being lumped in with us is a good thing?

That was, what, eight pages? I lay down my head and bring it up again to pages and pages of pony. There can never be too much, but really.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Go to Bronycon, meet Hoity Toity.

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, the only pony I could cosplay is Caramel.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #506
    Barbarian in the Playground

Confound this pony thread, it grows eight pages whenever I go to sleep.
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That person is awesome. I could say more, but it would be entirely redundant. Awesome.

Now I wonder who I could cosplay as...

Edit:@^ I don't recognise you, have you been properly captured introduced?
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-06-27 at 06:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That's amazing. AMAZING.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, he is nice, but the suit should scream CLASS and it sadly doesn't here.
    Above Us Only Sky

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Somepony totally needs to write a fic with Krastos the Glue Maker. I can see him as a full-on moustache twiddling, completely inept villain, in the mold of DickDastardly. (Though that might be because I caught part of a very old Hanna Barbera cartoon film that had the Dread Baron and Mumbly, Dastardly and Muttely's earliest incarntaions.)

Maybe he could be Dock Dastardly and Sootley's boss. General Krastos the Glue Maker...

Dock Dastardly: *speaking into an old candlestick phone* Yes gen-er-al, don't worry, we'll capture that pathetic pegasus pony for your glue factory! Ee-hehehe! You can rely on Vulture Squadron, sir! When have we ever let you down!

*A hoof comes out of the phone and beans him on the head, before snatching the reciever out of Dastardly's hand and hanging the phone up*

Dock Dastardly: Rassumfrassumgeneral... Sootley! Sootely! Where is that ridiculous dragon! Ah there you are, you lazy lizard! Why haven't you finished mopping the hangar!

Sootely: Rassumfrassumwockwastardly

*Ditzy flies past, with her mail bag and blows her trumpet right in Dastardly's ears, causing him to fall over swirled-eyed, before streaking off. Sootley makes his trademark snicker*

Dock Dastardly: *jumping to his feet and waving his hoof* I'll get that pony if it's the last thing I do!

Sooo...stop the pony
    Stop the pony...

*dives for cover as people throw things at him*

I don't care! This is now my fanon.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-27 at 08:11 AM.