New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I remember this comic...I love the background guard's face in the last panel.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I remember this comic...I love the background guard's face in the last panel.
    Yeah, that's why I posted it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Yeah, that's why I posted it.
    A classic. Reminds me, what happened to the saga of Guardapolis?

Also, the Raindow Dash and Wonderbolts edition.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

'The hay is Rarity's fourth leg?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #577
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    'The hay is Rarity's fourth leg?
    I'd assume it's supposed to be behind her hair and standing her up against the wall. You probably can't see it due to Applejack's head being in the way.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...BRAEBURN SAVED MY LIFE.
    Dat Braeburn 8E

That... That is clever. I really need better search parameters for pony pictures. I can't find anything good, by any definition thereof.

Can I have one too?
    Have a foal with Rainbow Dash?
    Well, I guess so. I mean, it's up to Fluttershy (or whoever else she's with in this particular timestream). I won't be able to write or illustrate it myself though, I'm afraid.

But sure! I'd actually be curious as to the results of such a union. wow, that sounds much less scientific when said aloud
    Too late!
    I have a special talent, similar to Pinkie's. Whenever a secret is about to be betrayed... BAM! Pinkie. Whenever cuddles or more are on offer? BAM! Lixie.
    I'm trying to find a good joke that is suitably insinuating, without getting myself slapped by a certain pony policemare. So pretend I said something witty, then ask Braz ;)
    Haha. This could be a fun game of 'Skirt the Line' or a bad game of 'Sleep on the Couch' XD

: I'm never going to be happy again... (cries, puts on facade)
    (1000 years later)
    Luna: (APOLOGYGLOMP)
    See? Just takes a while for the really big pay-offs. Everypony happy!

And now for what the rap caused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yo this is a story all about how my life got turned flipped outside down and I'd like to take a minute-just sit down there!
    And tell ya how I became princess in Ponyville square
    Iiiiin west fillydelphia born and raised, on a rock farm, is where I spent most of my days.
    Chillin out, digging, parties are cool
    And searching for my m-mark outside of the school
    When a couple o' colts, they were so really good!
    Started hanging round in my neighbourhood!
    I went to one big closet my mom felt ill!
    She said you're moving to your auntie's in north ponyville.
    I searched for a guide and when she came near
    Her eyes were all derped and there were bubbles on her rear
    To be honest I though this mare was chill
    So I followed her plot and said 'on to the 'ville!'
    I got to the house about seven or eight
    And I winked at the pony 'Yo mare, see ya later!'
    I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
    The new princess of Ponyville square.
    ... I do not know to properly applaud this, since there is so little room in this closet. But I'm trying, I'm trying real hard. I know, DBC. This just resonated with me more. It doesn't mean we don't love you though; RappleJack just isn't my preferred genre.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    The thing is, in terms of being a part of the whole Midnight sort of thing, I can actually see it happening. Not, like, 'The Great and Powerful Foal Emporium', like I was joking, but I can definitely see Twilight and Trixie being quietly approached by couples who want some help siring their own offspring, regardless of their sexual orientation.
    Pre-cisely! It would be an interesting burden for the couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    So I woke up this morning and planned on trying to catch up on what I missed in this thread the last two days since I've been too busy to really stop in. *Then I saw the page count. *I'll just assume insanity happened and move along.

Which leads to a question! *The frilly frou-frou dress that Applejack had to wear in Look Before You Sleep... *Where did it come from? *Why does Twilight have such a dress handy?
    Hirr hirr Hirr. Twilight likes to play dress up.

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    And the person has drawn quite a few more... interesting pictures as well it seems. Quite amusing.
    Aye, a good amount of stuff there. Some nice Flutterdash for Phoe, some infuriating whateveryoudcallPinkieandDash, a couple weird stuffs. Maybe I should consider getting back on dA?

Then again, 10k new messages...

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Er, yes. That is the flip side of DA; it is particularly evident in the case of artists like Kloudmutt...some very cute SFW things and some other things...
    what's wrong with Kloudmutt?

... Ok yeah, that's a losing battle on my part XD
    Different strokes for different folks, aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    After reading this ponythread I think we need a change in parameters. *It's actually really rare for there to be a normal conversation while insanity is a dime-a-dozen.
    What would a normal conversation be? We tried to have one about a theoretical lion race, but then I had to go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    How do you define normal in the context of pony thread anyway? *
    Or, well, I guess Grif could beat me to it.
    You're lucky you're pretty, Grif. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Now that NATG is over (though I didn't have time to finish my submission for the last day, and now that it's over I can't seem to find any motivation to finish it ) I can devote the time that crossover deserves to it. *Going to watch a few episodes today to get everything fresh in my mind. *Until then I'm working on another idea that amuses me, which I'll put up later today.
    Ah, c'mon! Don't be that way. Let's putthe old kettle back on the fire! Starting midnight tonight, the unofficial 32nd NATG opens. You game? One last hurrah?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    5 pages.....
    Why is it that whenever I am not around, you make an insane amount of pages for me to skim through.
    All the joy of catching up on webcomics, none of that pesky waiting. What's not to love, mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I was aiming for Grif's bandwidth. I know most here have enough to easily download a few MB's within a second. You always have to target the weak members of the herd.
    Glad there was something new for you. I always wonder if anybody even looks at them.
    Good point, I've been remiss and didn't realize it until you said this.
    I go through every image dump (though not all the images load, sometimes). There is almost always something new, and always something good. I do appreciate the work you and Bobcat do, and I'm sure all the new folks who stumble in and get both barrels of Pony to the chest like it too

Oh deviant art. I activated Mature Content. that is good, because I see naughty stuff on the main page. That is also bad, because sometime I see naughty stuff in my pony updates. Stuff that is burned into my mind and I cannot forget. And we're not talking about the harmless stuff Kloudmutt draws. That one picture of Twilight... it haunts me.
    I must be immune to most of what you guys worry about. The worst I've come across just made me mentally snark the artist. "oh, your phallus with a rose. Quaint."

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    Apologies if you've already tried this with no success, but when I said the same problem this fixed it for me.

Open Inkscape using the tablet pen (I typically have it on the quick launch bar, simplifying things.)

File > Input Devices, and make sure everything is enabled.
    I will try that as soon as I get home. Thanks, mate; here's hoping it works!

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    Just hope you don't see a certain picture of Celestia...
    Doyou guys have to frame this like a challenge? Now I'm going to wonder if it's one I've seen, or where to find it if I hadn't... Stop playing on my mental weaknesses that you'd have no way of knowing about before hand!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    You heard the man. Stop posting .png files, let's go FULL BITMAP
    OH CELESTIA NO WE ARE DOOMED

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Killing Grif's bandwidth sounds fun, and I do need to clear out my deviantWATCH folder.1 Anyone want me to do a few art dumps over the next couple of days?

1It turns out that forgetting to check that for a week or two fills it up pretty well if you're watching several pony groups.
    YEAH, folder diving is pretty darn painful.

I happened. We hashed out the script, I started sketching, and just had all sorts of things explode on me. I still intend to finish it, and soon, too.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-06-27 at 06:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Also, the Raindow Dash and Wonderbolts edition.
    Nice. Especially the Shadowbolts

Now, how about making Flutthershy dump? XD

I'd make it myself, but my dumps are pretty much always ignored
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

10. - Top - End - #580
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

-snip-

I'm trying to find a good joke that is suitably insinuating, without getting myself slapped by a certain pony policemare. So pretend I said something witty, then ask Braz ;)
    Haha. This could be a fun game of 'Skirt the Line' or a bad game of 'Sleep on the Couch' XD

-snip-
    YOU MEAN GIANT BEAN BAG!!!!!!
    Blasphemy!
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

...I feel there is some kind of joke I'm not getting here ;P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

That... That is clever. I really need better search parameters for pony pictures. I can't find anything good, by any definition thereof.
    I made that motivator.

Have a foal with Rainbow Dash?
    Well, I guess so. I mean, it's up to Fluttershy (or whoever else she's with in this particular timestream). I won't be able to write or illustrate it myself though, I'm afraid.

But sure! I'd actually be curious as to the results of such a union. wow, that sounds much less scientific when said aloud
    I meant Luna.

... I do not know to properly applaud this, since there is so little room in this closet. But I'm trying, I'm trying real hard. I know, DBC. This just resonated with me more. It doesn't mean we don't love you though; RappleJack just isn't my preferred genre.
    (So much blushing. Hides)
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-06-27 at 06:33 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    YOU MEAN GIANT BEAN BAG!!!!!!
    Blasphemy!
    I think you're focusing on the wrong part of the conversation, luv.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Troll in the Playground

...aren't we all.

Ok, sleepy time :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Sleep is a conspriacy to keep me from PONY.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Well you already can draw. I'd be unfair if you could do both.

Good point, I've been remiss and didn't realize it until you said this.
    I go through every image dump (though not all the images load, sometimes). There is almost always something new, and always something good. I do appreciate the work you and Bobcat do, and I'm sure all the new folks who stumble in and get both barrels of Pony to the chest like it too
    i'd be surprised if there wasn't something new; I most cases I see new pictures within 12 hours after they were first uploaded in the internet.

I must be immune to most of what you guys worry about. The worst I've come across just made me mentally snark the artist. "oh, your phallus with a rose. Quaint."

Doyou guys have to frame this like a challenge? Now I'm going to wonder if it's one I've seen, or where to find it if I hadn't... Stop playing on my mental weaknesses that you'd have no way of knowing about before hand!
    It's apparently a subjective thing. I've seen the Celestia picture and I thought it was funny; other think the Celestia picture is worse than the picture that scarred me (worse not necessarily in a bad way).

I happened. We hashed out the script, I started sketching, and just had all sorts of things explode on me. I still intend to finish it, and soon, too.
    Ah, I know that. I'm working since January on part two of a promised story.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Nice. Especially the Shadowbolts

Now, how about making Flutthershy dump? XD

I'd make it myself, but my dumps are pretty much always ignored
    I'm afraid I ran out of Fluttershy. I made onesome time ago and used up all the good stuff I had stored. It'll take a while till I have enough new ones worth presenting.
    By the way, didn't we have enough Fluttershy today? ;)

And didn't I want to go to bed half an hour ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Killing Grif's bandwidth sounds fun, and I do need to clear out my deviantWATCH folder.1 Anyone want me to do a few art dumps over the next couple of days?

1It turns out that forgetting to check that for a week or two fills it up pretty well if you're watching several pony groups.
    So my browser decided to hiccup and not load any image now. Going to recopy each link to Firefox and see how things go.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? Twelve threads in six months?

I may need to actually watch this. I'm... floored by the interest.
    Avatar by the incomparable araveugnitsuga!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post

I only hang out in here. What's a more normal rate for these GITP media discussion threads?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Please do.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I only hang out in here. What's a more normal rate for these GITP media discussion threads?
    Well for a quick comparison, the Girl Genius thread (following the awesome webcomic of the same name) is in its 10th iteration. A quick search of the thread title goes back as far as #4, which was opened in January of 2009.

There are faster threads, sure, but.
    Last edited by Occasional Sage; 2011-06-27 at 07:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

Well for a quick comparison, the Girl Genius thread (following the awesome webcomic of the same name) is in its 10th iteration. A quick search of the thread title goes back as far as #4, which was opened in January of 2009.

(Blinks) Wow.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

PONYTHREAD! FULL SPEED AHEAD! WE ARE PIRATES NOW AND LET US SEIZE THE TITLE OF THE GREATEST IN THE OCEAN THREADS!
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

PONYTHREAD! FULL SPEED AHEAD! WE ARE PIRATES NOW AND LET US SEIZE THE TITLE OF THE GREATEST IN THE OCEAN THREADS!
    Pirate ponies? With eyepatches?

I may need a new avvie. Although without a peg leg. That'd be a bit much.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering the posters devote themselves to far more restrained discussion on the Girl Genius story itself, I can see why.

On the other hand, we here in ponythread are about anything and everything pony. Including spawning our very own memes.

Now I feel alfafa.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that only Random Banter and some stuff in SMBG keep ahead of the Pony Post Rate (PPR) for the Mane Thread (MT). And since several of our sister threads are in SMBG...
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-27 at 07:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I put up a link in the first couple posts of the first Pony Thread, then promptly forgot about the whole thing. This is what I get for blinking, it seems....

28. - Top - End - #598
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, I put up a link in the first couple posts of the first Pony Thread, then promptly forgot about the whole thing. This is what I get for blinking, it seems....
    Join us. Join the herd forever. We will love and tolerate you. Surrender your will to the Pink One and cupcakes will be eternal.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #599
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I made that motivator.

And I'm sure you'd be somewhat upset to come home one day to find a random pony trying to sift through your picture files, so I guess I shall just have to sit and wait for more of your good ideas to be posted.

I meant Luna.
    Oh! Well, ok you'll have to run it by Braeburn I guess, but you've got my blessing! I think I've got a bottle of grapesalt and a Barry Maneilow CD around somewhere...

Hm. Comic time.

(So much blushing. Hides)
    ... Where are you hiding? We're in a closet.
    This would be funnier if any of us were wearing skirts.

To be fair, roughly 2 threads' worth of content has almost nothing to do with the show. Only about X threads should count. The rest is spill-over insanity and reality warping, and an entire thread that didn't have nearly as much bondage S it said on the label.

But yes, it is remarkably good. I was scared for a while that maybe I liked the fandom more than the actual series, but I've been pony-binging these last three days. The show is still remarkably good. It's wholesome, the animation is smooth and really good, and you don't need to be mentally deficient to sit through an episode. Sure, sometimes the plot is obvious, but it's still a treat to watch it unfold. That's what the real draw is; solid storytelling.

This is funnier for having watched Monty Python's The Meaning of Life last night. Go, Pirate accountants Pony Thread!

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

MY TIME HAS COME!

ARRRRRRRRRRGH PONIES LETS BE THREAD PIRATES
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.