New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

re Thread Rate: To be fair, at most one in five posts actually address anything related to the show (and that includes fanfics). At this point, the thread has become very self-referential.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

I watch ponythread.
    All day every day.
    All day every day.
    All day every day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    what's wrong with Kloudmutt?

... Ok yeah, that's a losing battle on my part XD
    Different strokes for different folks, aye?
    Now I feel bad...I think some folks got the wrong impression with what I said. I didn't exactly mean bad when I said different. I'm actually a fan of Kloudmutt myself.

I was just trying to point out that depending on your personal threshold, you can run into places where 'thar be dragons' and sometimes it's right next to unambiguously G-rated cute stuff.

/sadrobot
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

[color="green"]And I'm sure you'd be somewhat upset to come home one day to find a random pony trying to sift through your picture files, so I guess I shall just have to sit and wait for more of your good ideas to be posted.[/color
    xD
    All the ones I've done so far.
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh! Well, ok you'll have to run it by Braeburn I guess, but you've got my blessing! I think I've got a bottle of grapesalt and a Barry Maneilow CD around somewhere...
    Yay!

... Where are you hiding? We're in a closet.
    This would be funnier if any of us were wearing skirts.
    (Summons you a skirt)
    (hides in it)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Tangentially pony related:

Spoiler
    Show

Now I want pizza!

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    re Thread Rate: To be fair, at most one in five posts actually address anything related to the show (and that includes fanfics). At this point, the thread has become very self-referential.
    Very, very self-referential.

Running memes: (Off the top of my head)
    Bondage
    Phoesauce
    The Great & Powerful Lixie
    Razqol
    EsperDerek's source of love
    Orbital Friendship (and Hateship) Cannon
    Mafia Ponies (split off into separate thread)
    (Bondage) Pony Thread: The Game (also split into a separate Google Docs discussion)
    Crack shipping of various sort, which somehow includes a shotgun, rivet gun and Lyra
    Being alfafa and monocle (and moostache)
    Gender-bending
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-27 at 08:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Bondage
    Phoesauce
    Razqol
    (Bondage) Pony Thread: The Game (also split into a separate Google Docs discussion)
    Crack shipping of various sort, which somehow includes a shotgun, rivet gun and Lyra
    Wait, the mafia ponies spawned a new thread?

But yes, it is remarkably good. I was scared for a while that maybe I liked the fandom more than the actual series, but I've been pony-binging these last three days. The show is still remarkably good. It's wholesome, the animation is smooth and really good, and you don't need to be mentally deficient to sit through an episode. Sure, sometimes the plot is obvious, but it's still a treat to watch it unfold. That's what the real draw is; solid storytelling.
    Agreed with both parts of the plot. I personally like how they sometimes throw the plot in a completely unexpected direction. Best Night Ever did that. Spoiler for my point below because I think someone who hasn't watched the episode is lurking.

Spoiler
    Show

In a show like this, after the mane cast realized things weren't going as well as they had hoped, I would have expected them all to start moping and end up running into each other and reaching the end of the episode that way. Instead they go all turbo determined to FORCE the night to go their way. Honestly didn't see that coming. The Ursa Major also kind of came out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Silly Scootaloo, you're a chicken not a parrot!

Ah, c'mon! Don't be that way. Let's putthe old kettle back on the fire! Starting midnight tonight, the unofficial 32nd NATG opens. You game? One last hurrah?
    Nope, doesn't look like it's happening. I've lost interest in doing anything NATG-related. I might decide to come around and finish it some time in the future, but probably not. It's not that I'm discouraged or anything, it's just that I can't seem to get any interest in the picture anymore. This is why giving me ideas is a bad thing, because I will act on them as quickly as possible for fear that I'll lose interest and move on to something else.

Currently that something else involves finishing off a drawing of two very moustache ponies. Then I move on to the MEGAS ponies. It'll be interesting attempting to draw MEGAS in the pony art style, since I fail at drawing in just about every other art style.

Yes there was two. The second one might fit your bill more, since it deals with Coop going to their homeplanet and hilariously destroying their home in the process.

(Princess Celestia should totally be the talking head dude).
    Yeah, do you remember what episode that was? Or the name of it? Or the name of the Power Rangers? Also I'm still trying to decide if I just want to recast the Power Rangers as ponies or if I want to do a full-on crossover. I'm sure something will come to me.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Currently that something else involves finishing off a drawing of two very moustache ponies. Then I move on to the MEGAS ponies. It'll be interesting attempting to draw MEGAS in the pony art style, since I fail at drawing in just about every other art style.

Yeah, do you remember what episode that was? Or the name of it? Or the name of the Power Rangers? Also I'm still trying to decide if I just want to recast the Power Rangers as ponies or if I want to do a full-on crossover. I'm sure something will come to me.
    This will interest you.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Bugbear in the Playground

Diamond dog names revealed, go go fic writers, them dogs needs some love.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

10. - Top - End - #610

One week and several groups? Wow. That'll take some time. Meanwhile I'll make my next attempt at his bandwidth. With Rainbow Dash edition.
    Yeah, I think my "over the next couple couple days" estimate is a bit low, but then again, I do have a slight tendancy to understate things. Also, that dresses in style one is priceless.
    "Gadora, übernehmen Sie!"
    Apologies on the delay in getting started; I wound up having to run (jog, actually) to an appointment halfway through typing this up. Life then proceeded to interrupt twice more, meaning I'm getting this up about four hours later than I'd planned. That said, I hear and obey, despite delay!

Time for me to begin the image dumps. I think I'll start off with #MyLittleDerpyHooves Edition, part one. I know some of these have been posted previously, but there's no harm in seeing them again, is there?

Spoiler
    Show

This figure is actually up for sale. (A little pricy by my standards though)

Derpy Gundam should make some people happy. Yes?

And then Dinky was a goddess.

There, that drops me down to 1507 things left to sort through, though not all will be pony, and there are bound to be some duplicates amongst the different groups.

So my browser decided to hiccup and not load any image now. Going to recopy each link to Firefox and see how things go.
    The stated reason behind my doing the image dumps just got a lot less funny. Have you tried clearing your cache? From the way some people talk, it seems to work like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

MY TIME HAS COME!

ARRRRRRRRRRGH PONIES LETS BE THREAD PIRATES
    Spoiler
    Show

Arr-har, I likes the cut of your jib, matey!

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

MY TIME HAS COME!

I fully support this new direction for pony thread. A-harr! What could be better than robot pirates anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Wait, the mafia ponies spawned a new thread?
    EEE-yup: Pony Pulp Noir

Unrelated: After seeing several more background stills, it looks like psycho!Lyra pops up surprisingly often...

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    The stated reason behind my doing the image dumps just got a lot less funny. Have you tried clearing your cache? From the way some people talk, it seems to work like magic.
    Now it works again... for about 70% of the images anyway. I blame it on my crappy internet speed though.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Gonna do this one separately, for comment's sake.

First up, d'awwwwww:

Spoiler
    Show

Next, transparent background version of that awesome official ad:

Spoiler
    Show

Finally, alfalfa!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Bondage
    Phoesauce
    Razqol
    Gender-bending
    The Pink One finds her lack of representation disturbing...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

The Pink One finds her lack of representation disturbing...
    The Pink One is great enough that no mere meme can describe her. She is canon and thus above our petty memes.

Thread needs more Lyra.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Project: Budding Friendship is going well. More or less, anyway.

I've got an early prototype build, which, for the time being, just lets the player move around and change the color of field squares. Going to work on an inventory screen next, since I want to manipulate the field in more specific ways, like with different tools, and instead of just giving myself a bunch of buttons, I decided to make an inventory screen instead.

And, in weird tangential ideas I had regarding the project, I decided that displayed on the inventory screen somewhere near the time and date should be a picture of your pony, acting as a visual representation of how tired they are. If you just woke up, they might be bouncing up and down, if you've worked all day, they might be hunched over with an exhausted look. All that sort of stuff.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

You also left Rainbow Miriam Dash off the list.

Also, the fact that you call her the Pink One is a meme itself.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    You also left Rainbow Miriam Dash off the list.

Also, the fact that you call her the Pink One is a meme itself.
    Crud. I just remembered that I promised to look at IASiF part 2. Do you have a link to the latest incarnation?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Banned

It's apparently a subjective thing. I've seen the Celestia picture and I thought it was funny; other think the Celestia picture is worse than the picture that scarred me (worse not necessarily in a bad way).
    You're not helping my curiosity, friend

Ah, I know that. I'm working since January on part two of a promised story.
    Oh, well at least I'm in good company.

MY TIME HAS COME!

YARR!
    wait I don't know. Going into and plundering other threads is wrong. That isn't tolerating and loving, it's kinda mean.

Maybe we should just plunder ourselves? *absconds with Baron Awesome's monocle*

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Now I feel bad...I think some folks got the wrong impression with what I said. I didn't exactly mean bad when I said different. I'm actually a fan of Kloudmutt myself.

I was just trying to point out that depending on your personal threshold, you can run into places where 'thar be dragons' and sometimes it's right next to unambiguously G-rated cute stuff.

/sadrobot
    No worries, Robocomrade, I was just teasing you. I know that my tastes in pony run on the ... Weird side, I'll say, and so it's fun to sort of tease myself about it. I'm sorry I happened to trigger your dynamic emotion unit thereby.

Which reminds me. Is it odd that I plan to look up parts of a rivet gun so I can write side arms erotica? Because that sounds ludicrous even to me, but I'll still probably do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    xD
    All the ones I've done so far.
    Spoiler
    Show

You did the Browing? I remember somepony beating me to it, but not that it was you.
    Also, I'm sensing a theme on appropriate subject matter... Are you sure you don't want to have a fall with RD?

Yay!
    Guess that's a "yes I'm sure" ;)

(Summons you a skirt)
    (hides in it)
    Horsefeathers. Locked in a closet, being made to play 'poker' in clear public view... How could this get any more embarrassing?

Spoiler
    Show

Braeburn: Lllaaaaaadiiees~

>///>
    ok, that's it. Everypony out of the closet now!

*Brazen Shield and Lix Lorn are forcibly pushed out of the closet door. It takes a second for both of them to notice that neither Braeburn nor SiuiS have followed*

*closet door locks*

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Which reminds me. Is it odd that I plan to look up parts of a rivet gun so I can write side arms erotica? Because that sounds ludicrous even to me, but I'll still probably do it.
    The surrealist in me finds absolutely nothing wrong with that. Have at it! Provided I get to see what you come up with...it is my rivet gun after all, and I won't have it gallivanting off without proper supervision.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

The Pink One is great enough that no mere meme can describe her. She is canon and thus above our petty memes.

Thread needs more Lyra.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yeah baby, just like that. The drooling is just so cute... *fumbles* Celestia damn it, why is it so hard to hold binoculars with hooves?!

Um. I mean. I like ponies.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-06-27 at 10:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Oh yeah baby, just like that. The drooling is just so cute... *fumbles* Celestia damn it, why is it so hard to hold binoculars with hooves?!

Um. I mean. I like ponies.
    Hmm.

Phoe stalks Lyra.

Lyra stalks Twilight.

How can we continue this chain?

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm.

Phoe stalks Lyra.

Lyra stalks Twilight.

In fanon, TwilightxLuna seems to be most popular.

Also, bad Phoe. Were you spying on me again? I most definitely do not drool in my sleep. Yeah. Most definitely. That puddle of water is just that. Water.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-27 at 10:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #625

Hmm.

Phoe stalks Lyra.

Lyra stalks Twilight.

I am sure you can find plenty of Phoe fanboys on ED. Also I realized... like around 40% of ponies I've drawn are phoe-related, that's borderline stalkerish, I guess?
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Twilight stalks Pinkie. (Canon!)

Lyra stalks Twilight.

Phoe stalks Lyra.

Raz stalks Phoe.

Thanqol stalks Raz.

SiuiS stalks Thanqol.

Brazen stalks SiuiS.

Grif stalks Brazen.

Olympia stalks Grif.

Rivet stalks Olympia.

Pinkie stalks Rivet.

INFINITE LOOP
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    I am sure you can find plenty of Phoe fanboys on ED. Also I realized... like around 40% of ponies I've drawn are phoe-related, that's borderline stalkerish, I guess?
    It amuses me that of all the fandoms to go into "there are no girls on the internet" territory in terms of a dearth of highly visible female fans, it's my little pony.

I think Phoe and Madmax are it.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It amuses me that of all the fandoms to go into "there are no girls on the internet" territory in terms of a dearth of highly visible female fans, it's my little pony.

Brazen Shield as well, at least in this thread.

I'm not familiar with the fandom outside of the people here.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Well if we count the thread, we've got a bunch. Trixie, Lixie, the new girl with the Fluttershy icon, among many others who I apologize for not thinking of by name.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

And, apparently, Yamino