New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Cool stuff:

I got a dude who volunteered to put together music for my Harvest Moon/MLP project.

Their stuff's here.

I actually like it. A lot of it could pretty easily be adapted into the stuff I'd need. Granted, I'm nowhere even close to needing music yet, my next big step is an inventory screen.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Ok i won't, but may i ask why you don't want to be in them.
    Huge thanks to Kairaven for my avatar.

At the moment pony.uk are low on Fan-Fics and could really use some, find out more here.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Trixie opened her mouth:
    "It looks like-"
    She put on her heart sunglasses.
    "They weren't horsing around."
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    ...regardless of what happened, the number of times I was put in fanfics today makes it good day
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

"It looks like-"
    Hahah oh man, this is beyond excellent.
    Thanks to zegma for my awesome avatar.
    Proudly the founder of the Mr. Scruffy fanclub.
    We will not let Nessie down! http://www.petitiononline.com/PLEAOSAR/
    My DMs' Guild Stuff

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ember_Glow View Post
    Ok i won't, but may i ask why you don't want to be in them.
    I'm sorry, but I can't tell you that. Just please leave me out of them.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...regardless of what happened, the number of times I was put in fanfics today makes it good day
    I knew you'd like that part especially.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

I just noticed you specifically label them as heart sunglasses. You sir, win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Kyouhen; 2011-06-29 at 05:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, I was going to put them down as regular sunglasses, but then I remembered her avatar.
    And that FanFic was made entirely on the spot. It's amazing if anypony likes it.
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I say, quite monocle of you, good chap.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Banned

Speaking of nukes, the Orbital Friendship Cannon is now canon.
    That is fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Ember_Glow View Post
    {Scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    They aren't mutually exclusive. You could be trollin via fiction.
    Good catch, by the bye. I was going to call you out, but you didn't say you were writing fanfiction

You need to work on fleshing out the backgrounds more. Fiction shouldn't read like a bland chat log, unless you are doing it specifically for the absurdity (which goes a long way towards admitting you're trolling, so I'll presume you just aren't good with fiction writing yet). Brevity is fine, but I find you're lacking in descriptions. A nuke goes off? Bland. Describe instead the sensations of one's skin being charred and peeled away by nucular fire.

Trixie wanders on the scene of Ember_Glows latest FanFic. She has a lit candy cigar in her mouth, and she breaths out a perfect circle of candy dust. She takes the bit that is left, and eats it. She wanders up to the Mod that is on the scene.
    "What happened?" she asked, rather nervously.
    "Ember_Glow released their latest FanFic, and unfortunetly, he did so without other's permission to be put in the story, we believe he got iced, and is now swimming with the fishes in the Internet River. We haven't found a body yet to prove it though-" the head detective on the scene is interrupted by a yell by the river. A younger detective ran up, rather excited.
    "Chief, we found the murder weapon!" the young detective exclaimed, he held up a bag with something blurry in it, "It was an angry post!"
    "My god, this is serious! Do we know who the poster was?"
    "I think it wasn't just one poster, but two! They might have been the two posters that didn't want to be put in his FanFic!"
    Another excited shout came from the river, they pulled up the body of Ember_Glow's user profile, with obvious wounds from an angry post. Trixie opened her mouth:
    "It looks like-"
    Delightfully meta. Poignant; four stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Cool stuff:

I got a dude who volunteered to put together music for my Harvest Moon/MLP project.

Their stuff's here.

I actually like it. A lot of it could pretty easily be adapted into the stuff I'd need. Granted, I'm nowhere even close to needing music yet, my next big step is an inventory screen.
    Cool! I wasn't sure what the inventory screen you were working on was for (though ironically, when you described the pony stamina meter, I thought "that would be useful in harvest moon"). Can't wait to see the fruits of your labors, friend

Last edited by averagejoe; 2011-06-30 at 03:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1091

Trixie arrived yet again at another scene of a crime, her pipe puffed out large puffs of candy dust. She took out the pipe and tipped out the remaining candy contents on her hoof. She then threw the candy in the air, and caught it in her mouth. Crunching it between her teeth, she walked up to the Mod on the scene, the delightful KPenguin(A notorious Brony).
    "What happened here?" Said Trixie, looking at the large crater in the earth.
    "One SiuiS suggested that Ember_Glow try to describe the effect of a nuclear warhead peeling off your skin. He did so, and he deployed the nuke here on GitP Street. We have a motive, we just need to identify the shadows on the wall and find Ember_Glow, then we are good to go. That's why we called you, The Great and Powerful Trixie."
    She put more candy in her pipe, and lit it. She looked at the shadows imprinted on the wall thoughtfully as she puffed on her pipe.
    "This one is clearly Siuis, I say she was still around when Ember_Glow decided to set it off. That one over there," Trixie pointed with her hoof, "Is a couple other posters who he had angered previously. They were probably fixing to get their revenge with an angry post. But that one there is Ember_Glow himself. He forgot to get out of range."
    KPenguin gave her a confused look, "Are you sure?"
    "Yes I'm sure," she replied angrily, "The Great and Powerful Trixie is never wrong!"
    One of the younger detectives looked at the shadow she claimed to be Ember_Glow, he then exclaimed: "That isn't Ember_Glow! That's Grif! The poor guy must have logged on quickly to see what all the fuss was about, and then was obliterated in the events the transpired!"
    Trixie took the pipe out of her mouth, "Then why is Grif over there!" she pointed at Grif who was behind the Mod Tape looking at the scene.
    "The Great and Powerful Trixie is never wrong!" exclaimed KPenguin, "I can't believe he forgot to get out of the way before he detonated it!"
    Trixie looked at the scene again, and took out her pipe again:
    "It looks like,"
    "He put the horse before the cart."
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-06-29 at 07:19 PM.
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Esper, I just finished Moonlight Over Midnight. Thoughts are below:

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to say, before today I hadn't read your previous work. Partially because I hadn't looked, and partially because that sort of story really doesn't appeal to me. Although I could see (sort of) why Twilight and Trixie might get together, the whole relationship felt rushed to me. Although the rest of it was well-written and had a decent plot, I found it not really my cup of tea, as it were. I say this so you know what I was thinking going into this story.

After reading it, all I can say is this; Brilliant. Simply, and utterly Brilliant.

You've managed to write a story that has blown all my expectations (some of them a bit unfounded, in retrospect) completely out of the water. This is the sort of writing I hope to one day achieve myself. Give your prereaders their Christmas bonus early this year, because you have a tight, well-polished gem of a story here.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Y'know, I think I've come to a conclusion. The Great and Powerful Trixie is fun to write about, and fun to roleplay as. Just because you get to start everything with The Great and Powerful Trixie, and refer to yourself as such in the third person constantly.

14. - Top - End - #1094

Trixie arrived yet again at another scene of a crime, her pipe puffed out large puffs of candy dust. She took out the pipe and tipped out the remaining candy contents on her hoof. She then threw the candy in the air, and caught it in her mouth. Crunching it between her teeth, she walked up to the Mod on the scene, the delightful KPenguin(A notorious Brony).
    "What happened here?" Said Trixie, looking at the large crater in the earth.
    "One SiuS suggested that Ember_Glow try to describe the effect of a nuclear warhead peeling off your skin. He did so, and he deployed the nuke here on GitP Street. We have a motive, we just need to identify the shadows on the wall and find Ember_Glow, then we are good to go. That's why we called you, The Great and Powerful Trixie."
    She put more candy in her pipe, and lit it. She looked at the shadows imprinted on the wall thoughtfully as she puffed on her pipe.
    "This one is clearly SuiS, I say she was still around when Ember_Glow decided to set it off. That one over there," Trixie pointed with her hoof, "Is a couple other posters who he had angered previously. They were probably fixing to get their revenge with an angry post. But that one there is Ember_Glow himself. He forgot to get out of range."
    KPenguin gave her a confused look, "Are you sure?"
    "Yes I'm sure," she replied angrily, "The Great and Powerful Trixie is never wrong!"
    One of the younger detectives looked at the shadow she claimed to be Ember_Glow, he then exclaimed: "That isn't Ember_Glow! That's Grif! The poor guy must have logged on quickly to see what all the fuss was about, and then was obliterated in the events the transpired!"
    Trixie took the pipe out of her mouth, "Then why is Grif over there!" she pointed at Grif who was behind the Mod Tape looking at the scene.
    "The Great and Powerful Trixie is never wrong!" exclaimed KPenguin, "I can't believe he forgot to get out of the way before he detonated it!"
    Trixie looked at the scene again, and took out her pipe again:
    "It looks like,"
    "He put the horse before the cart."
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    SiuiS' name is a palindrome.
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-06-29 at 06:09 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    or I could rock the Dragon Rider apostrophe, PERN style;
    S'uis, wing leader and green rider.

Oh hey, that also fits my standard color scheme. Serendipity.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to say, before today I hadn't read your previous work. Partially because I hadn't looked, and partially because that sort of story really doesn't appeal to me. Although I could see (sort of) why Twilight and Trixie might get together, the whole relationship felt rushed to me. Although the rest of it was well-written and had a decent plot, I found it not really my cup of tea, as it were. I say this so you know what I was thinking going into this story.

After reading it, all I can say is this; Brilliant. Simply, and utterly Brilliant.

You've managed to write a story that has blown all my expectations (some of them a bit unfounded, in retrospect) completely out of the water. This is the sort of writing I hope to one day achieve myself. Give your prereaders their Christmas bonus early this year, because you have a tight, well-polished gem of a story here.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Christmas bonus was getting the chance to work on the story and play a role, however small, in helping is shine. I think EsperDerek's improved massively as a writer since Out in the Cold, and getting to coax a little more of that out of him has been a treat. He's managed to retroactively make writing Shades of Midnight an even more satisfying experience than it already had been. I'm not really qualified to make such statements, but I do think this is probably the gem of the series.

Anyway, he can definitely consider any imaginary debts paid. In fact we need to work together again.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Well, what can I say that others haven't yet. I laughed, I cried just some dust in my eye, but mostly: I just smiled like Pinkie Pie when she first saw Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom!
    I'm really glad, I'm really so glad that so many people have said that this fic made them happy. Thank you so much for your kind words, even though you all are making me blush again!

Spoiler
    Show

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be completely honest, Moonlight is, bar none, the fic I'm absolutely happiest with. Honestly, I can see the, err, progress in my writing from my first fic to this one, not to toot my horn too much.

And a LOT of that goes to the pre-readers. I had three, including Phoe, and they each contributed. If there's one piece of advice I've learned through out this, is that a few extra sets of eyes helps immensely.

Thank you very, very much.

Oh hey, that also fits my standard color scheme. Serendipity.
    I gotta say, man, I don't trust you with a dragon.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-06-29 at 06:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Christmas bonus was getting the chance to work on the story and play a role, however small, in helping is shine. I think EsperDerek's improved massively as a writer since Out in the Cold, and getting to coax a little more of that out of him has been a treat. He's managed to retroactively make writing Shades of Midnight an even more satisfying experience than it already had been. I'm not really qualified to make such statements, but I do think this is probably the gem of the series.

Anyway, he can definitely consider any imaginary debts paid. In fact we need to work together again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fairly certain that if you two (not to mention the other prereaders) don't work together again, I think I'll have to tie the lot of you up and throw you in a basement until you spawn another fic.

...wait, that threat doesn't work at all. Darn.

Er, I'll...write a nasty letter to one of your closest friends telling them what a meanie pants you are!

@Esper
    Spoiler
    Show
    YOU TOOT YOUR OWN HORN THIS INSTANT.

And to keep things pony-related, have a hilarious comic/crossover:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-29 at 06:45 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel the same way, and maybe I'm a little more qualified, maybe. Moonlight is easily the thing I'm happiest with writing. I'm beginning to picture myself less as the guy-who-pushes-buttons, and more as an actual writer now.

And it would be great to work with you again at some point. Absolutely.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fairly certain that if you two (not to mention the other prereaders) don't work together again, I think I'll have to tie the lot of you up and throw you in a basement until you spawn another fic.

...wait, that threat doesn't work at all. Darn.

Er, I'll...write a nasty letter to one of your closest friends telling them what a meanie pants you are!

@Esper
    Spoiler
    Show
    YOU TOOT YOUR OWN HORN THIS INSTANT.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, bondage is no threat here! But no, not writing nasty letters! Anything but that, you monster!

And okay, I will. *toot*

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Troll in the Playground

Aaand?

...IIRC, Pern style would be S'S, or S'uS at best
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #1101

How does this relate to my tidbit at all? You didn't have to quote my little story to say that.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #1102

So, I've just listened to the segment that has caused people to believe that Bill Clinton is a secret Brony.

Then, I found this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Both Bill Clinton and Lauren Faust think that Krastos should be a villain.
    I think that I might be the only person who honestly heard Krastos the Gloom-maker. I think that the Gloom-maker could make for a much more compelling villain, but what do I know since even word of god is against me.

Also, he already has fanart:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

23. - Top - End - #1103

How does this relate to my tidbit at all? You didn't have to quote my little story to say that.
    Okay, I'll be a little bit more forward:
    Even though his name is clearly spelled out on almost every page of the thread you still spelled it wrong. Twice.
    I love my filly~

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I'm really glad, I'm really so glad that so many people have said that this fic made them happy. Thank you so much for your kind words, even though you all are making me blush again!

Spoiler
    Show
    To be completely honest, Moonlight is, bar none, the fic I'm absolutely happiest with. Honestly, I can see the, err, progress in my writing from my first fic to this one, not to toot my horn too much.

And a LOT of that goes to the pre-readers. I had three, including Phoe, and they each contributed. If there's one piece of advice I've learned through out this, is that a few extra sets of eyes helps immensely.

Thank you very, very much.

I gotta say, man, I don't trust you with a dragon.
    There was a ... Not typo, but weird repetition thing I wasn't up for typing about when I read it. I haven't said much about it because I could have just been tired and let my eyes wander, though. I will check to see if it's my sanity or not. Either way, kudos on being the first author to ever make me have Deja vu while reading something :small smile:

Also, I have never had both of these things be true at the same time.
    1) possess/befriend/control at least one dragon
    2) level a continent

So I am pretty sure you could trust me with a dragon. I'd just go flying all over the place; the wind in my mane, the thrill of gravity trying to exert it's dominance whilst we shrug off the embrace of it's dark yet inevitable coils. Exhilarating

You dropped an 'i' in there at least once. I think she forgot an emoticon, though; a wink or smile would have given the proper tone to the 'correction'

So, I've just listened to the segment that has caused people to believe that Bill Clinton is a secret Brony.

Then, I found this:
    Spoiler
    Show

I think that I might be the only person who honestly heard Krastos the Gloom-maker. I think that the Gloom-maker could make for a much more compelling villain, but what do I know since even word of god is against me.

Spoiler
    Show

Stars and Fire, that last one is creepy.
    I don't think I would like that level of villain in my MLP FIM. It opens the doors to all other sorts of nastiness, most of which gain value only because they are a far departure. Having pony Noir become a valid concept within canon would sour the cream, for me.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Okay, I'll be a little bit more forward:
    Even though his name is clearly spelled out on almost every page of the thread you still spelled it wrong. Twice.
    Everything I've thought of to reply to this are far too trollish, so I'll spare you my brilliant come back so you can just bask in my brilliance.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Banned

Everything I've thought of to reply to this are far too trollish, so I'll spare you my brilliant come back so you can just bask in my brilliance.
    I think that was supposed to be more mild, as well. On her part, I mean. I suspect she hasn't qute associated tone of voice with emoticons just yet.

Braz, hon. Don't let real life irritation color your conversations with innocent ponies (and peoples, as Mindfreak seems to be a hominid).

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think that was supposed to be more mild, as well. On her part, I mean. I suspect she hasn't qute associated tone of voice with emoticons just yet.

Braz, hon. Don't let real life irritation color your conversations with innocent ponies (and peoples, as Mindfreak seems to be a hominid).
    I think non-pony/human monocled creatures are fair game, mostly because we don't have that big of a voting bloc.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #1108

confused Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

I'm a link between man and ape?
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Then, I found this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Eh, I still like this one.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110

I will admit I was a little harsh the second time around word-wise. I was offended by the way you responded and did so in kind.
    My apologies
    I love my filly~