New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Page 28. 22 to go in this thread, who knows how many in the next? A question, for those who actually read this massive text wall.

Is that weird?

Is it strange at all that I am going through every post I missed, looking for things to comment on? It feels appropriate, so I do it. But it may just be habit, because I don't know any better.
    Well, I'm feeling a very real sense of guilt and a compelling desire to apologize to Grif before drinking cold, drugged tea. And I wasn't feeling that before reading through your catch-up post.

So I would say that no, this isn't very strange, and actually I appreciate your dedication very much.

Now if you'll excuse me... *sip* *ker-thud*

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XII: No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    *snip*

All things will be monocle. You will feel only alfalfa.
    Are those like canon awesome adjectives or fandom but really either way those are pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    *snip*
    Well she's no Wonka but that's pretty awesome!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

By the GODS. I last left off on page 43 of the last thread before I had stuff to do last night and work today. Do I even want to try catching up on all of that?

Someone gimme the TL;DR, what did I miss in terms of mass insanity?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Scootaloo: the Pegasus of Destiny, the greatest of all possible pegasi, and cute as a button.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

Oh man the DJ in Episode 14 is the bomb.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Are those like canon awesome adjectives or fandom but really either way those are pretty sweet.
    He's got a "Moods of Pony Thread" image floating around somewhere (it's on his DeviantArt but I don't recall what that is...).
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Page 28. 22 to go in this thread, who knows how many in the next? A question, for those who actually read this massive text wall.

Is that weird?

Is it strange at all that I am going through every post I missed, looking for things to comment on? It feels appropriate, so I do it. But it may just be habit, because I don't know any better.
    I feel like a meany for not reading all. But it's late and I'm tired. I will tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Rarity sounds rather... dandy-ish. Would that be the correct term?

Oddly enough, the mayor and Granny Smith still sound feminine, out of the whole cast. It'll be interesting to see the rest of them.
    Interesting, I thought Twilight and Pinkie sounded the most like women. Fluttershy is very soft-spoken, but that's within range for males to me.

Also, a pity that the EQ speed writing contest starts now. That's too late for me.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-06-25 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    He's got a "Moods of Pony Thread" image floating around somewhere (it's on his DeviantArt but I don't recall what that is...).
    Third post on the front page?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

First page? What's that? I've heard rumors of an OP, but I've never seen one. Is that what you meant?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Ah that makes a lot more sense, thanks.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Her (fan) name is Vinyl Scratch, also known (in semi-canon) as DJ P0n-3. She is amazing.

Here is a resource for you to use (which I can't find on the first post, so I'm guessing it's not there): Friendship is Magic Wiki. You can find ponies by appearance, since they all have pictures in their entry. Just check by species and have a bit of patience.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

We have a tendency to make up our own emotions/storylines/grand over-arching videogames/etc.

The alfalfa owes a lot to this comic:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    By the GODS. I last left off on page 43 of the last thread before I had stuff to do last night and work today. Do I even want to try catching up on all of that?

Someone gimme the TL;DR, what did I miss in terms of mass insanity?
    I don't even. You probably missed pony noir; there's an SMBG thread for that now, just check out Kai's sig.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Scootaloo: the Pegasus of Destiny, the greatest of all possible pegasi, and cute as a button.
    Scootaloo is probably my favorite Crusader. Despite her avoidance of 'girly' things, she has some adorable poses.

You're going to fit in just fine here, friend.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Why miss a perfect opportunity to use Pwn? DJ Pwn-3 has so much more pwntontial.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Her (fan) name is Vinyl Scratch, also known (in semi-canon) as DJ P0n-3. She is amazing.
    For the proof that DJ P0N-3 is canon, check here.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Pony
    Pon-E
    PON-3

[Edit] That, and he's not doing any pwning. He's a D.J., not a sniper.
    Last edited by erikun; 2011-06-25 at 07:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Fifteen minutes.

I've got my totems. The Celestian Sun pin. A golden replica of a spanish piece-of-eight. Both sit to the left of my netbook. Despite the fact that I recently acquired a very nice Thanqol-ish hat from my pater, it will not be worn tonight. Wrong ambiance. I do wear, however, an armband, a replica of an article of clothing worn by one miss Haruhi Suzumiya. My desk has been shifted a few inches to the right, so that I can rest my netbook on my desk instead of on my lap as normal. My undone math homework has been set aside, on the floor. No distractions.

Ten minutes.

I lied. There's one more totem I've got tonight. It's a dun-brown stone, perfectly smooth, with cracks running under its immaculate surface. I got it a few weekends back. It's from the Jordan river, where He walked. It's sitting next to the sun and the coin. A reminder of why I write.

Close a fanfic. Finish reading a few writing articles; leave the one on how to hook a reader from the first line open, and wince at the one on why my novels aren't finished yet. It's because editing and researching and outlining aren't writing, per se, and yet the outlining never seems to work out right the first time. One day I'll get it right, and be better because of the failures. Read SiuiS's mega-post. Crack a smile.

Five minutes.

Take a deep breath. Get ready to queue up appropriate music. Blackmore's Night and the Merlin Playlist of Touhou Remixes may be used if no appropriate music is found pertaining to the writing prompt. And At The Winter Gala and Princess Luna: Reimagined.

Three minutes.

Deep breath, deep breath. Open up Write or Die in another tab. Pray that firefox doesn't crash. Save and close your multiple Word documents, and promise yourself that you'll finish that Summer Civics Essay next week, really, honest. Make sure your ice water is close at hand.

Showtime. Refresh Equestria Daily.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Pony
    Pon-E
    PON-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRsd9X-1Cjo Nope, that's Twilight.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

18. - Top - End - #108
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Aaaaaand I'm off to work, so I won't be able to participate. Raz, I want you to take all of my talent, which I've inscribed on this napkin, and win this thing. For us. For the pony thread. For the Playground.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Pony
    Pon-E
    PON-3

Also he's a she, but who's counting?

@Raz_Fox: You won't be reading this because you must be feverishly writing right this very second or you'll never make it in time oh my god what should we do?, but good luck with your speedfic.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Accursed D&D!

Oh well. Hopefully they do it again.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Fifteen minutes.

-snip-

I have a stupid question: what are you doing?
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-06-25 at 08:11 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground

If my fingers weren't already falling off trying to get this fic done, I'd be participating, but they are, so go, Raz, go! Fight! For everlasting peace!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I have a stupid question: what are you doing?
    Bam.

We at Equestria Daily believe in nothing but awesome ideas around the clock. If you are interested in attempting this, there's still plenty of time. Cereal's inbox hasn't gotten flooded in a goodly long while, do your part in breaking him again ok?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    <Epic Teleports In>

<Contignencies kicking in, frying the droids>

<Crooked smile mode: On>

Silly Aorts, since when you were under impression that things I stole can't be used to construct a temporary phylactery?

<dramatic pause>

Duh, some poor zombie shouldn't have spent so much time with them, creating a nice solid bond. Now, in you go!

<Traps Aorts>

Now, I wonder where I should leave that. Maybe in Pinkie's house, the place is so chock full of positive energy that any Lich trying to reform there will spontaneously combust, heh heh

...or maybe I'll think about something more cruel altogether

<Epic Teleports Out>
    Merely slapping me with your "phylactery", and then assuming the spell worked just because I just stood there stock-still and my eye glows went out (which is like closing my eyes) and giggling before 'porting off did not, as they say, accomplish much.

But thanks for making a mess of my office. Real nice. Very friendly of you. I absolutely wanted to spend my entire evening picking out fragments of War Droid from all of my personel effects, rather than playing Starcraft 2. And I didn't want to spend tomorrow, which is my day or rest, actually resting or anything, when I could piecing all my stuff back together and having to write reports and work on tightening security.

*sigh* Well, I suppose the War Droid's shields wouldn't have been much use against the OFC, anyway. And my other defensive spells I'd put up for anti-OFC purposes don't last long enough to be practical... Nevermind.

*shakes head* Trixie, you lack understanding of advanced necromancy. My soul can't be trapped any more than yours can, unless you very actually kill me. That's kinda the point of spirit-binding. It works in exactly the same way resurrections do, just the actual method of securing the bond is different. My soul doesn't "come out", anymore than yours does (actually less so, since part of spirit-binding makes much more solid bond with the body). Furthermore, Lord Death Despoil is the greatest necromantic talent in the entirety of history, and he developed the Aotrs standard necromancy, and he personally spirit-bound me.

The only way of getting my soul out of my skeleton is permenantly kill me. Which would take far more than the OFC. Let me let you into a little secret I've discovered. The OFC, and Pinkie's little giggle-dispersion technique hurt like you wouldn't believe, and they may even disintegrate my body. But they can't kill me or they already would have done. In fact, from my experiences, I know that they flat-out can't. Their magic is so pure and innocent, that it actually complete disbars the possibility of killing even one of us. It's such an alien concept to the power of friendship, it makes it impossible to actually take a life - or even an unlife.

Still, I'm quite impressed that you actually tried to murder me in cold blood. Tsk tsk tsk. And in a nice thread like this, to. That's not very friendly, now is it. Or very tolerant. In fact, to so such a thing would take a great deal of...well, hatred, wouldn't it...?

Captain? Excellent. You see, while you've been reading my endless spiel, and thanks to everyone shooting the wotsit out of me today, the good captain has actually managed to hack into some command codes. I've quite forgiven Gadora for his earlier...trigger-happiness...since it was partly his tweaking of the firecontrols earlier that inadvertently gave us an easy way in. Fire control to my station, if you please captain.

You have been a naughty pony, Trixie, whose behavior is not fitting for a citizen of Equestria. And - unlike me - you don't have a good excuse... (Held to a higher standard and all that.)

And so: fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Thoom.

And...fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Battery three? Fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Now, let's have no more murder attempts, shall we, or I will have to politely ask DarthBobcat set to Fluttershy on you. He's cool, I'm sure he'll accomodate me if I ask nice.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-06-25 at 08:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Uuggghhh... Too much pony

And now the organization staff wants a real Bronycon.

Not 100 people singing "Winter Wrap Up" in a room or 50 people voicechatting with Eurobeat Brony.
    They want 200 people rocking out to a band playing the Cutie Mark Crusader song.

We have a venue. And a date sorta (Mid August). Now we need a band to play pony songs.

Stallion, if I had pony tees today. I could have made 100's.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh God Writing For Speedfic Is Hard.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-06-25 at 08:23 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Merely slapping me with your "phylactery", and then assuming the spell worked just because I just stood there stock-still and my eye glows went out (which is like closing my eyes) and giggling before 'porting off did not, as they say, accomplish much.

But thanks for making a mess of my office. Real nice. Very friendly of you. I absolutely wanted to spend my entire evening picking out fragments of War Droid from all of my personel effects, rather than playing Starcraft 2. And I didn't want to spend tomorrow, which is my day or rest, actually resting or anything, when I could piecing all my stuff back together and having to write reports and work on tightening security.

*sigh* Well, I suppose the War Droid's shields wouldn't have been much use against the OFC, anyway. And my other defensive spells I'd put up for anti-OFC purposes don't last long enough to be practical... Nevermind.

*shakes head* Trixie, you lack understanding of advanced necromancy. My soul can't be trapped any more than yours can, unless you very actually kill me. That's kinda the point of spirit-binding. It works in exactly the same way resurrections do, just the actual method of securing the bond is different. My soul doesn't "come out", anymore than yours does (actually less so, since part of spirit-binding makes much more solid bond with the body). Furthermore, Lord Death Despoil is the greatest necromantic talent in the entirety of history, and he developed the Aotrs standard necromancy, and he personally spirit-bound me.

The only way of getting my soul out of my skeleton is permenantly kill me. Which would take far more than the OFC. Let me let you into a little secret I've discovered. The OFC, and Pinkie's little giggle-dispersion technique hurt like you wouldn't believe, and they may even disintegrate my body. But they can't kill me or they already would have done. In fact, from my experiences, I know that they flat-out can't. Their magic is so pure and innocent, that it actually complete disbars the possibility of killing even one of us. It's such an alien concept to the power of friendship, it makes it impossible to actually take a life - or even an unlife.

Still, I'm quite impressed that you actually tried to murder me in cold blood. Tsk tsk tsk. And in a nice thread like this, to. That's not very friendly, now is it. Or very tolerant. In fact, to so such a thing would take a great deal of...well, hatred, wouldn't it...?

Captain? Excellent. You see, while you've been reading my endless spiel, and thanks to everyone shooting the wotsit out of me today, the good captain has actually managed to hack into some command codes. I've quite forgiven Gadora for his earlier...trigger-happiness...since it was partly his tweaking of the firecontrols earlier that inadvertently gave us an easy way in. Fire control to my station, if you please captain.

You have been a naughty pony, Trixie, whose behavior is not fitting for a citizen of Equestria. And - unlike me - you don't have a good excuse... (Held to a higher standard and all that.)

And so: fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Thoom.

And...fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Battery three? Fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Now, let's have no more murder attempts, shall we, or I will have to politely ask DarthBobcat set to Fluttershy on you. He's cool, I'm sure he'll accomodate me if I ask nice.
    So I suppose now would be a bad time to ask you about experiments on determining on what the effects of constant saturation of Friendship-based weaponry has on the unliving?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, and for the record:

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol's Napkin
    if you run fast enough they cant get you
    no one questions a man in a hat
    i reckon i could totally run out of here without paying
    keep a real writer in uir basement harvest them for ideas. use a good whip its worth the investment
    *illegible* IS MY WAIFU

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    According to this my Simhata request is doing it wrong.

I've been offering to post something close to this since thread one.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    So I'm some sort of pony hermaphrodite now?
    Asexual maybe?

And as usual, I remain entirely unaffected by the gender swapping spells.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    According to this my Simhata request is doing it wrong.

I've been offering to post something close to this since thread one.

Asexual maybe?

And as usual, I remain entirely unaffected by the gender swapping spells.
    .... I see. I'm sorry, I just remembered enthusiasm for G Gundam.