New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores Dream World/Time Bubbles Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Ok, stand back everyone. I'm going to do INVENTING to things!"

And Pyrite, with apparently all due seriousness and grandeur of doing INVENTING to stuff, pulls the rope, setting off his strange contraption to hopefully both get gem (the easy part) and keep the bridge intact (the hard part).
    There was the wrenching of stone, and liquid concrete began to drip slowly onto a bridge that was cracking all the way though. For a moment, there was a rumbling and a sensation of intense pressure on the bridge as the cracks spread all the way through it like spiderwebs.

And it held.

There was a collective sigh of relief.

From deep down in the tunnels, a Diamond Dog sneezed.

The bridge fell, almost comically quickly, as a single object down into the ravine below. It vanished below the water with a distant splash.

The way back was entirely cut, but on the plus side, Pyrite had his gemstone.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

The Rescue Charger Quest~

Spark's eyes went a bit wide upon seeing the bridge just collapse like that.

"Gah...um...well...we have no choice now to press forward....But hey...at least we're on the right track," He points out the piece of Charger's cape caught on the rocks that lead into the tunnel they would have to go through.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh I would do it. If it seemed fun enough. When you have lived as long as I have you learn to appreciate the fun things in life. But I would never do it to this town exactly since I like it too much.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy glared suspiciously at Jormong. "And how do we know you won't? True, you've been alright since I've known you, but how do I know this all wasn't an act you put on for a little 'fun'?" The thought of the town in trouble gave the ordinarily doormat-like unicorn some backbone. "I don't fancy letting anypony who'd hurt another pony for a laugh waltz right into town."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

Well... First of all I ain't exactly pony, since I am from the Dreamrealm, and you could call it another dimension. But back on track, you can't. You just have to take my word for it and make piece with me living here... because there isn't much you can actually do to stop me from visiting and or living here, Sandy. And I know you realised that a while ago.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The Rescue Charger Quest~

Spark's eyes went a bit wide upon seeing the bridge just collapse like that.

"Gah...um...well...we have no choice now to press forward....But hey...at least we're on the right track," He points out the piece of Charger's cape caught on the rocks that lead into the tunnel they would have to go through.
    "...It worked for a minute there! What happened? A tremor? Stupid -- and I lost my good hairdryer, too!"

He fumed, staring at the abyss. He kicked the edge for good measure, then headed down the tunnel, still clearly pouting over fate. He was so upset he barely had time to concern himself with the shiny, which was just as well since he couldn't use it.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodny View Post
    Oh I would do it. If it seemed fun enough. When you have lived as long as I have you learn to appreciate the fun things in life. But I would never do it to this town exactly since I like it too much.
    "Why, though? For fun? I would think an immortal, pan-dimensional being such as yourself would have more control than to do the 'fun' thing. Does a pony like you have nothing better to do than ruin the comparatively short lives of mortal ponies?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Of course not! I have lived for ages, I have literally done everything there is to do in the Dreamrealm! Imagine doing everything so much that it gets boring... You ponies are lucky I didn't find and as such was rarely dabbling in the darker sides of my work. Jormong shuddered at this the mention of darker sides.
    Last edited by Rodny; 2011-08-10 at 02:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...It worked for a minute there! What happened? A tremor? Stupid -- and I lost my good hairdryer, too!"

He fumed, staring at the abyss. He kicked the edge for good measure, then headed down the tunnel, still clearly pouting over fate. He was so upset he barely had time to concern himself with the shiny, which was just as well since he couldn't use it.
    The tunnel lead straight to the heart of the Diamond Dog warren, a great cavern where Spot, Fido and Rover were standing facing a different tunnel. Armoured Diamond Dogs were standing around, slouching on their spears.

"Hero pony is taking a long time," grumbled Rover, the leader dog.

"Maybe we should help?" Suggested the enormous Fido. Spot glared at him.

"Hero jobs are done by hero ponies! We stay here!"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Foal Squad Adventure ahoy

Well Spark pressed on as he went through the tunnel, he kept an eye out this time for traps, lest what happened before transpired again.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodny View Post
    Well... First of all I ain't exactly pony, since I am from the Dreamrealm, and you could call it another dimension. But back on track, you can't. You just have to take my word for it and make piece with me living here... because there isn't much you can actually do to stop me from visiting and or living here, Sandy. And I know you realised that a while ago.
    "Yeah...I reckon you're right. This isn't much I can actually do to stop you." Sandy pulled himself up to his full height (which was actually shorter than Cypress), and looked Jormong dead in the eye. "But just because my options are slim don't mean I haven't got any. So let's get one thing straight, Jormong; you aim to hurt anypony in this town, or anywhere in Equestria, you will answer for it. I don't care who or what you are, but the law's the law and right's right. You can live here so long as you behave yourself, just like anypony else. You break the rules, you leave. Got it?" His voice rang with authority that sounded completely out of place coming from the small unicorn.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Of course not. I'm immortal and I can go between worlds, in a place where I am even stronger then I am here. But this is a new world, with new things to do! By the time I finish doing the lawful things, explore your world and start doing the more... bad things, most if not all of you would have passed on. Except for a few maybe. But if they do actually do that option they would have nothing against it. So unless you ponies find a way to get into the Dream realm and actually do something there then no. Jormong didn't even pay attention to the small unicorn. Even then he didn't pull himself up.

(He wouldn't stand up since he would tower over most ponies. Maybe everyone except Celestia :D)
    Last edited by Rodny; 2011-08-11 at 06:20 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy continued to glare at Jormong, even if he wasn't looking back. After nearly a minute of silence, he slowly shook his head. "If that's the best I can get, then that's the best I can get. Ignoring me's your problem, not mine." He turned to Cypress to see if he had anything else to say.

(Eruantion, if you don't have anything else to add, I'll start wrapping this up)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-11 at 09:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I don't trust you, Jormong, but that's probably not something you give two bits about. That being said, I don't think he's going to do anything to Bridle Shores, Sandy."

(Go ahead, I think we're almost done here)
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy simply gave a small nod of agreement. To Jormong, he said, "That's all I've got for now. Still a few more hours to the recital, I suppose I'll see you there."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Jormong would have giver Sandy a sharp look but he didn't want to since there was a strange feeling, almost nagging, in the back of his head which stopped him from further ruining the situation. He then dissapeared momenterally without another word.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as Jormong was out of sight, Sandy let out a long sigh he didn't realize he'd been holding back. At least he looked like he'd behave himself...until he got bored. Also, the Daymare had just been given a golden opportunity to take Sandy, and he let it pass. Far away from the town, a friend to threaten, it would have been easy. Further evidence that this whole mess was a case of mistaken identity.

Speaking of friends...he cleared his throat awkwardly. "So...uh, I guess you can see why I wasn't being level with you earlier." Part of him wanted to apologize, but he knew deep down that while the lying hurt, he wasn't sorry. If it meant keeping friends and ponies out of danger, he'd do it again.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-08-12 at 03:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The tunnel lead straight to the heart of the Diamond Dog warren, a great cavern where Spot, Fido and Rover were standing facing a different tunnel. Armoured Diamond Dogs were standing around, slouching on their spears.

"Hero pony is taking a long time," grumbled Rover, the leader dog.

"Maybe we should help?" Suggested the enormous Fido. Spot glared at him.

"Hero jobs are done by hero ponies! We stay here!"
    Pyrite lurked just behind the edge of the tunnel, listening to the conversation. He motioned for the others to come so they could try and whisper out an interpretation or plan.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom kept to the shadows when she heard the dogs up ahead. She crept over to Pyrite, seeming to appear out of thin air.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

"So...what's the plan, oh great plan master Pyrite?" Spark asked taking a peek.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, OK. We could do the 'barter for a jewel' plan. But I think we'll just get captured unless we have a defense. Or we could stalk them for a while, plan an ambush, and see if they can't leave us to Charger. How are your stealth skills?"

He whispered conspiritorially. He had apparently been elected the brains of the operation, and that thought terrified and excited him.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom suddenly popped up on the other side of Pyrite. How she got there was anypony's guess ... okay, she probably snuck around while he was talking. Nonetheless.

"Pretty good," she whispered. "Smart not to do anything until we know where Charger is."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #293

The conversation of the dogs was infuriatingly sparse of exposition. One of them commented that diamonds were pretty cool, the others agreed, and then the leader shouted at a dog for falling asleep at his post. They weren't about to do anything, but that did have the advantage of making them stationary targets.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

"...So...Dawn Blossom is gonna go scout....alrighty....and if she's caught...she can always moe eye the,...got it."
    Spark, would have scouted...but he wasn't of the stealthy variety. He was that clang bang ruckus pony...more so when he was consciously trying to be stealthy.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

"Sounds like a plan to me. We'll see if we can get any more clues from where we are."

He had a feeling he couldn't, but he was mainly thinking about ways to be stealthy with his limited, that is, nonexistant, stealth-skillset... And that Dawn knew where to go when she found something, instead of wasting time looking for them.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn crouched down, hiding in the shadows, as she crept closer to the guards.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Dawn crouched down, hiding in the shadows, as she crept closer to the guards.
    "Hero pony is taking a long time," Rover repeated himself vaguely.

"What do we do when hero pony's friends show up?" asked Spot.

"What friends?" Rover snapped.

"Pony warriors who beat up upper guards?"

"Why didn't you tell me about warrior ponies!?" Shouted Rover. "Why are we worrying about hero pony when there are fighter ponies!?"

"Because we don't know where warrior ponies are?"

"That's even worse! Dogs! Find them!"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, snap. Ok, new plan... We try to keep them chasing us, run back to the broken bridge, try to trick them off it? Unless either of you think you can take them."

He knew he couldn't, but maybe the two colts with him were stronger than he had estimated.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

"Hah...I can run circles around these chumps, they'll be so dizzy to be able to move,
    " He puffed his colty chest and held his muzzle in the air.

30. - Top - End - #300

If there was a comfort, it was that in the disorganised dogs-running-around of the search, the dogs were actually searching pretty poorly. Most of them were heading down the other corridors or digging directly through the ceiling, none of them really thinking the foals would be right under their noses.