New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Rogue Nine seems to be a good option for the Dual Horn.
    Last edited by TsukikoJ; 2011-07-26 at 07:38 AM.
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Ok, I think it is a good idea for Rogue Nine to face the dual horn. I'm honestly fine with bladescape being the other lynch. As I read through this thread, along with a couple strategy guides, both my gut and my brain are telling me that he's probably a wolf. That's all for now, but I may try making a list of suspicions later.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-07-27 at 09:07 AM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    What I meant was, the lack of a counter-claim does not mean that you're telling the truth. I have a standard policy of not believing anything anyone says in a WW game aside from the narrator. If our power roles did contact you, and it turns out that you're not what you claim, it would be a disaster for us. However, I recall you doing something similar in L-Space, and it worked out very well for the village. That's why I think it's legit. Doesn't mean I'm not watching.

"I hate being blind" was a lament for the fallen seer. Unless we can find and recruit Cid, finding the remnants just got a lot harder.
    In L-space I was a villager PMing the whole population individually and secretly a reasonably well told lie because I had nothing to lose. The PM part meant noone was there to counter claim me.

Here I offered evidence in the form of Letty's Auto lynch and made the claim publicly to allow for counter-claiming masons. I see the two as distinctly different stratergies not least because a villager couldn't do what I'm doing now.

I by no means am proven to be a what i say i am but by now you must surely be close to certain i'm not lying to you or someone would have said something.

Moving my vote somewhere useful. Rogue Nine

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the interest of letting Cid get as much info as possable we need to spread the challenges around. It's a good bet he could get a message to someone if bladescape had been a remnant so can a couple on his wagon switch onto Rogue Nine?

5. - Top - End - #365

Voting for Rogue Nine.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

I guess Rogue Nine. My somewhat tired brain can't manage any major thinking and I want to get a point in.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

As it currently stands, Rogue Nine would be facing the Cactuar, not the Dual Horn like we want (if I'm counting right, anyways), so I'll change my vote from R9 to bladescape, which puts Bladescape ahead by one.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh hey guys.

Just gonna let you know I can tank this one. (The Cactaur)

Fan
    Last edited by Fan; 2011-07-27 at 09:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Oookay. Well, frankly...

Items for the Town are good, sure. But very few of them are game-changing and those that are will likely be very rare. Or so I'd imagine... Banjo?

And Cid information is great, sure, if we can trust it. But if we pick for the lynch people who want to get lynched, how much good information are we likely to get? Especially considering that the Neutrals need people to die to lynches, so they're unlikely to agree with a deal where nobody does.

I would have to say that I oppose giving up the main (and, really, only) villager weapon, the lynch. Basically, every item the Town gains out of it comes at the cost of giving the Remnants a free nightkill. How many of them are worth that? Plus, there is a number of powers out there that can mess with who can defeat what encounters.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    Banjo: can items be transferred more than once a night?
    Yup, as many times in the night phase as people can organise. You can send an item round every single player in the game in a single night if you could organise the PM's quick enough.

Day over, update to follow.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Murska is correct, we're trading a chance at an item for giving the wolves a: night-kill and a chance at an item. And that's assuming we're even "lyching" a villager! And the items? Half of them are basically, "waste another lynch", and none of them are game changing enough to be worth it. I don't think there is a single item I would trade a villager death for. (Well maybe the sending staff...)
    Last edited by Lamech; 2011-07-27 at 10:05 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Bladescape looked around at the accusing faces, people who used to be his friends turned against him. He could blame them, but what would that do? They feared the Remnants, and fear made them hate. It was just as Zeromus had said; hatred lay in the hearts of everyone. All that was needed was a spark to set it off. He could give in and hate them in return, but he was stronger than that, or so he told himself.

“I bested three Flans for you yesterday, and yet you still want me to deal with this little cactus? Tell me, what more do I have to do?”
    “You try to sway us with your words, you implicate others with your logic! You’re a Remnant trying to divide us!”
    “So you would have me die to this creature as a test? For I warn you now, such an agile and exotic monster is beyond my modest abilities.”

A rock whistled passed his ear, rebounding off the smouldering remains of Lulu’s hut behind him. Bladescape sighed and reached for his sword. He would not give in to hate, he would face death with bravery.

“Then so be it.”

With that he spun and dived for a half collapsed wall near where the Cactuar bobbed, ducking under a fusillade of razor sharp quills just in time. He waited for the whistle of the projectile to stop, then sprung over the wall to land right in front of the little green monster.

The Cactuar wasn’t there.

The telltale whistle directly behind him he was done for, but he made a vain attempt to turn anyway. The first quill pierced him in the lower back, excruciating pain exploding deep in his torso. Immediately he started go numb, barely feeling the hundred of quills thudding into his falling body. The blade dropped from his hand, and he slumped forward onto his knees, the world beginning to grey out in front of him.

I hope you appreciate this Yuna, and that they don’t turn on you too, he thought, then he was gone.

Lamech crouched behind a tree, watching the Dual Horn paw at the body in front of it. He had to concentrate very hard to stop his rage from boiling over. It was profane, an insult to the Guardians life. Her body should be buried. Had to be.

The Dual horn bent over the corpse and began to feed.

“Oh that’s it!”

Lamech exploded from his hiding place, polearm held straight out in front of him like a lance. The beast dropped its meal and roared a challenge, slavering and snapping at the threat that had disturbed its lunch. As the figure charged into range it tried to bat the weapon aside with one huge paw, but Lamech dropped the point downwards at the last moment and the swipe found only air. He planted the point into a gap in the cobblestones and vaulted high into the air, bringing the weapon with him. As the Dual Horn reared up to meet him he spun the point and thrust it right into the top of the beast’s skull. The Dual Horn was dead before it hit the ground.

“No one desecrates our corpses!”

That night a sombre funeral is held for the fallen, not just Lulu but now Bladescape too. Guilty looks are shared silently as the temples aging maester conducts the traditional sending ritual. Some offshoots of the Yevon faith don’t die easily.

Lex-Kat is the last to leave the graveside, long after the sky darkens to night.

“I’ll miss you both. It’s just not fair.”
    “You know what they say little pixie, bad luck comes in threes.”

Sephiroth's blade is through her back and protruding from her chest before she can even blink, let alone react. The One Winged Angel lets the corpse drops and stalks off into the night without another wasted word.

Things were going well, but there was work still to do.

He must find Yuna, and make her soul his.

Summary

Bladescape was killed by the Cactuar. He was a Spiran Civilian.

Lamech defeated the Dual Horn.

Lex-Kat was autolynched. She was a Spiran Civilian.

Night 5 begins now and ends on Friday

13. - Top - End - #373
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Oookay. Well, frankly...

Items for the Town are good, sure. But very few of them are game-changing and those that are will likely be very rare. Or so I'd imagine... Banjo?

And Cid information is great, sure, if we can trust it. But if we pick for the lynch people who want to get lynched, how much good information are we likely to get? Especially considering that the Neutrals need people to die to lynches, so they're unlikely to agree with a deal where nobody does.

I would have to say that I oppose giving up the main (and, really, only) villager weapon, the lynch. Basically, every item the Town gains out of it comes at the cost of giving the Remnants a free nightkill. How many of them are worth that? Plus, there is a number of powers out there that can mess with who can defeat what encounters.
    Yes the Summoning Staff is the rarest of the items from the Dual Horn encounter, but it keeps Kuja now from scaveging items, which should be a goal of the Spirans- most items are useful only in one or two circumstances, but if we push a lynch on a suspected Remnant and they have one of those items, we still learn nothing, because...

What incentive does Cid have to join team Spira? He doesn't specifically need the Remnant dead for the Neutral victory condition, AND joining with us versus them would give a clear reason to kill him. If he keeps his information to himself, he is not an immediate threat to the Remnant.

If my attempt to prove to the remaining Masons that I can be trusted will hurt the rest of Town, I'll take it off the table. Don't lynch me when there are Dual Horns or Behemoths.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

I've been Auto'd!!? This is unthinkable!! Impossible!! How did this happen!? I demand a recount!!
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-07-27 at 01:41 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #375
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Bladescape was killed by the Cactuar. He was a Spiran Civilian.
    Sheesh, and what'd I tell you guys?

Ah, well. That's three cases of getting myself lynched now. Go Spirans!

And I hope my sacrifice actually has done something.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Night over, update to follow in a while.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

“So, the Remnants are amongst us, sowing fear and misdirection. Us Spiran’s divided, they can hunt at their leisure. Well, not if I have anything to do with it.”

Qwaz leant forward and studied the rough map of the coast in front of him, deep in thought. The Hunters Lodge was dark and silent around him, only the table holding the map illuminated by a few hooded candles. There were very few hunters left, and the old mess hall had seemed as good a place as any. A place to plan, to analyse, and to rally. A place to find Remnants.

“They only seem to come into Besaid at night, the rest of the time they’re in the forest, or at least that’s the most obvious place. I bet they send the monsters in too, all the better to put the wind up us.”

Qwaz nodded, and looked up into the shadows.

“Do you agree?”

“Very well done Qwaz, our ability to bend the local flora and fauna to a whim is not widely known. You seem to have learnt a lot about us already.”

Qwaz’s breath caught in his throat as Sephiroth stepped up to the far end of the table, his lifeless gaze boring a hole straight into his soul. The Remnants blade impossibly long blade glinted in the candlelight, promising an agonising death. He heard his own voice responding, and marvelled at how calm and level he managed to sound.

“I know a lot about you and your brothers, enough to bring you down. You’re strong, but every time you prey on us or send another monster against us you give us more knowledge on how to beat you. It’s inevitable.”

Sephiroth actually smiled. To Qwaz it looked like the predatory grin of a shark. The Remnant started to step around the table, raising his whip-thin blade to strike.

“Tell me then, will your knowledge protect from the cold bite of a blade?”

A shape darted out of the shadows behind Qwaz and rammed into the table, sending papers and candles flying in all directions. The table caught Sephiroth off guard and forced him to duck towards the door and away from his prey. When he turned back a heavyset figure in red stood between them.

“No. But I will.”

Qwaz watched, his hand hovering over his own blade, as the Remnant sized up his new opponent.

“My, what a big sword you have. A bit unwieldy in such a confined space, don’t you think?”

The Remnants made a testing thrust, half hearted but still aimed directly at the man’s heart. The newcomer’s huge sword flashed out like lightening and parried the strike easily.

“I’ve had a lot of practice.”

“So have I, but it seems we have reached an impasse. Tell me, who have I crossed blades with tonight?”

Auron, Guardian of Summoner Yuna, and Lord Braska before her. And your eventual doom.”

Sephiroth smiled again, enough to send another shiver through Qwaz as he watched.

“That’s rather optimistic of you, Auron, Guardian of the dead and soon to be dead. Especially when you are here rather than protecting your charge. I shall watch you with interest.”

The Remnants melted into the shadows, and was gone. Qwaz finally felt able to breathe again. He sat down heavily, his legs suddenly jelly beneath him.

“He’ll be back, and he’ll bring the others to make sure.”

“Let them come.”

Sand Worm! Sand Worm! It’s just surfaced on the beach!”

Oh, what a delightful morning chorus to wake up to. You’ll never complain about dawn birdsong again.

News of the Remnants unsuccessful hunt is tempered with the powerful new threat coming from the beach. The whole of Besaid rushes to the coast, to find a huge sand-coloured beast writing and spitting along its entire length. The Behemoth had been big, but this is another level.

“How big is that thing?!”
    “Big enough to swallow us all whole!”
    “At least it’s not a Marlboro.”
    “Don’t even say things like that, we’ll be having one of them next!”

Truly, the Sand Worm is an enormous foe, and not one many of you have encountered before. Very few people have crossed Sanubia Sands and lived to tell the tale, so there’s not much to go on. Still, someone must defeat the overgrown earthworm, or at least be sacrificed to sate its hunger.

Who will it be today?

Summary

Qwaz was attacked by the Remnants, but was protected by Auron!

A Sand Worm has turned up on the beach, a very long way from home.

The following players must vote today or be autolynched:

ThirdEmperor

A few players crossed out points without a replacement yesterday, but I’m counting this as activity for now.

Day 6 begins now and ends on Monday

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

The orphan skittishly moved toward the spread out blanket, his eyes fixed on the young woman offering him a place. He scooted away as she opened the basket, only relaxing slightly and approaching once more as he caught the aroma of the bread and cheese. He crouched on the edge of the blanket, just close enough to reach the food taken from the basket. He tucked more food away into his pockets than he ate, and continued to watch Isa silently, flinching every time she moved her hands.

OOC: Ok, I'll accept that Qwaz is on our side now.

Looking through previous days, it looks like TheLaughingMan has been skipping days regularly.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a minor gut hunch about Dragoon.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why thank you, Mangosta71.

EDIT - Oh and awesome narration! Thank you Banjo...and Auron!
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-07-29 at 11:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, looking into yesterday, I'm the most suspicious of Helgraf. He's an experienced player, not prone to the sort of lapses in logical thinking and apparently not paying attention that he showed.

Especially suspicious is the whole pushy attempt to discredit Qwaz, just before he's attacked. Perhaps the wolves hoped to make the Baner doubt Qwaz enough to not protect him?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I can go with Helgraf
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Logos sighs. Why is it that fiends are popping up so quickly here? There must have been a lot of trama here lately, or this wouldn't be happening. Maybe Helgraf knows more about this problem.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Carbuncle, perturbed at the thin amount of RPing so far, points at Helgraf.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah so I'm going to point at Helgraf because apparently everybody is doing it... Rp later when and if I have time.

26. - Top - End - #386

Helgraf works for me.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

Default The 'Why I think Murska might be a Wolf Post'

Especially suspicious is the whole pushy attempt to discredit Qwaz, just before he's attacked. Perhaps the wolves hoped to make the Baner doubt Qwaz enough to not protect him?
    Murska, this isn't Helgraf's first game and he is certainly not going to be naive enough to push a lynch on someone only to attack them that very night, all that would do is make Helgraf look even more suspicious as soon as Qwaz turned out to be good power-role (my assumption being that he is a good power-role and that is why Auron protected him). Helgraf knows this, Murska should know this seeing as it isn't his first game either.
    Last edited by Fin; 2011-07-29 at 06:52 PM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The 'Why I think Murska might be a Wolf Post'

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Murska, this isn't Helgraf's first game and he is certainly not going to be naive enough to push a lynch on someone only to attack them that very night, all that would do is make Helgraf look even more suspicious as soon as Qwaz turned out to be good power-role (my assumption being that he is a good power-role and that is why Auron protected him). Helgraf knows this, Murska should know this seeing as it isn't his first game either.
    Hm. I don't get your logic. Pointing at somebody who's then attacked is, in the current gaming culture, not taken as a wolf-tell but rather as a tell of the wolves trying to cast suspicion. The wolves have noticed this phenomenon, actually, as seen by the discussion about it in the Wolf Quicktopic in Classic, but these things change only periodically and I don't think the wolves would be trying a triple-bluff in this situation. They're not desperate.

And, more importantly, Helgraf wasn't pushing for a lynch on Qwaz, which is something you should probably have checked before writing that. He was simply trying to discredit Qwaz while pointing with the crowd to avoid appearing on any vote analysis. That is actually a classic wolf tell. Wolves don't want villagers to trust villagers, so even if it's very likely that somebody is a good powerrole, they'll try and focus on or at least mention the fringe possibilities that they're not, so that other Town powerroles wouldn't gather up the courage to link up.

Fortunately, that's not a problem in this game.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Pixie in the Playground

Helgraf. Not convinced by Fin's argument against him, feels too wine-in-front-of-me to conclude anything "certainly". Still, Fin's not going on my suspect list for that because it would be an unbelievably transparent way for a wolf to defend a wolf, and as Murska says, the wolves have no reason to be desperate.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, looking into yesterday, I'm the most suspicious of Helgraf. He's an experienced player, not prone to the sort of lapses in logical thinking and apparently not paying attention that he showed.

This is more or less why i'm suspicious of mangosta.