New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Woo you're alive! Kuja and Kadaj, BFF!
    High five, brother!
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

It is time to play again.

I am in.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

tentative...In.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I'll bite.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm, since I liked this game in 9 last time, sure I'm in. Goes off to polish off armor.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

I'm RPing as Terra from FFVI, the greatest Final Fantasy game evah!!! And no, this isn't just my opinion. It is a well known fact of life. And there is NOTHING you can do about it. Well, other than disagree, of course.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

27 players signed up so far, not bad in less than two days. Still plenty of room left though, so feel free to join!

*amkes a note to go poke Mustiado and Aemoh at some point*

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Also, Banjo, Kimahri. You've got the 'hr' the wrong way round.
    Sorted, thanks!

*raises hand as another one that liked FFX*

Heck, I didn't even mind Tidus very much.

TheLaughingMan

Out of curiosity, just how will random encounters be fought? Will it just be a narration thing, or will it be a minigame?
    It will just be a narration, the player defeating the encounter if it's something they can fight, or dying horribly if they can't.

Lex-Kat

I'm RPing as Terra from FFVI, the greatest Final Fantasy game evah!!! And no, this isn't just my opinion. It is a well known fact of life. And there is NOTHING you can do about it. Well, other than disagree, of course.
    *disagrees*

So there.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Signing up.

Also, why isn't Tidus evil?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Sure. I will sign up for this. Let the cannibalization begin. Wait. Wrong banjo game.

Well i'll sign up anyway even through there are aren't any omnivores.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't get these people like TheLaughingMan who didn't like Blitzball. It's a great game!

Oh, wait, he meant the actual plot and stuff of X. Well, that was good too.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

I am slightly sad at the lack of a creepy Seymour faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

This seems awesome so I'm in.

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I am slightly sad at the lack of a creepy Seymour faction.
    "Heee~ey, Yuna.

There's a stain on the inside of my robe. Would you mind examining it for me?"
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

I've just noticed you've added Jecht. Now my question would be as following: can Jecht scry single target multiple times and if yes, what happens if that target can defeat more than just two encounters?

Also... need moar meatbags!
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Hm, I think I'd like to join this.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I've just noticed you've added Jecht. Now my question would be as following: can Jecht scry single target multiple times and if yes, what happens if that target can defeat more than just two encounters?

Also... need moar meatbags!
    More meatbags definitely needed! That's why, after deciding what folly it was to start a game on July 4th, I'll leave recruitment open a little while longer. 31 players at the minute, if we get to 35 I'll actually be able to leave the Jecht and Kuja roles in.

When Jecht scans someone more than once, he'll get the same result as he did first time, whether they can take out more than two encounters or not. Otherwise he essentially gets the ability to scan for powerroles while getting other helpful information as well.

I'll put some more flavour narration up later today, get the story towards where it needs to be for the opening narration.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Mordokai is Sephiroth... No, wait... Helgraf is Sephiroth... Bah, ignore that I meant Fleeing Coward is Sephiroth... No he isn't you're Sephiroth, I'm Sephiroth!!!

Aaarrgh!

*composes self*

I'm in, with Cake!

(I apologise if roleplay is limited, I am tight for time on these boards due to issues mentioned in the arts and crafts forum. I cannot however, resist a direct request for participation by Banjo for an FF-WW!!)
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurray!

*gives Fin his hat, socks and shoes back*

"I think these are yours..."

Never underestimate the power of a heads-up PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Another piece of narrative flavour, partly to get the story towards the games starting point, and partly to get into the setting/roleplaying groove a bit;

Wakka came to under a fragmented palm tree, his whole body bruised and aching. He pulled himself out of the mess of tree trunks and debris with a grunt and rose groggily to his feet. The coast in front of him was a washed out wreck, the sea a chaos of temple-height waves crashing against the ruined beach with sledgehammer intensity. An ugly cloud-filled sky, the colour of a bruise, sent hard vertical streaks of rain to dash against the earth, a maelstrom above as well as below.

Had it really just happened?

“Th-that comet… ”

The ugly crimson ball of flame had come down at such speed he didn’t even have time to run. It had ripped through the atmosphere in seconds, debris and gases literally screaming off it miles above the planet’s surface, sounding like the end of all things. It hit the ocean not far out from Besaid with a cacophony of shrieks that made Wakka’s ears bleed. He’d had the odd sensation of being lifted off his feet and thrown backwards in eerie silence, then something hard had ended his flight and stole his consciousness with it. Wakka dabbed at the dark blood still warm and tacky in his ears, and winced against the ringing in his head.

“It hit us…what the hell was that thing?”

Wakka staggered a few paces towards the broiling sea, only to stop in his tracks as his hearing began to return. To begin with he thought his injured ears were still ringing, but as the sound gained in clarity he realised it was different.

“The sea…it’s whispering.”

Sure enough, every time a new wave hit the battered coast a haunting glossolalia echoes across the beach, whispered half words and nonsense from a thousand different voices at once, impossible to separate or pinpoint. Worse still, it seemed to be coming straight into his mind without bothering with his ears first .

“Let me guess, you don’t like this one bit, you know?”

The voice came from just a few yards behind him, and suddenly he was all too aware that his blitzball was still lost amidst the debris on the beach. Wakka spun around to find a familiar but rather unexpected face grinning at him from what was left of the palm trees that lined the sand.

“Tidus!”
    “Looks like it. Did ya miss me much?”
    “Where…how...two years! Where the heck have you been?!”

Instead of answering Tidus came forward and embraced his old friend, having about as much respect for other people’s personal space as he used to.

“The Fayth are dreaming again, something’s got them riled. Last thing I know we’re kicking Yu Yevon’s butt, then there was nothing, until I appeared behind you sleeping like a baby in that pile of trees. Your ears are bleeding by the way.”
    “I noticed. Is it Sin?”
    “Nah, it feels different this time. Don't ask me how I know, it's kinda complicated to explain…”

Wakka turned and glared back towards to whispering sea. For a split second he was sure he could see an evil red glow beneath the waves, but the image vanished in an instant.

“The comet.”
    “The what now?”
    “The comet, it came out of nowhere, you know? It hit the sea out there…can’t you hear the whispering?”

Tidus’ eyes widened as he finally listened to the waves. Unlike for Wakka, the words made all too much sense as they flooded into his mind. He whipped around and grabbed his friend by the shoulders, panic already creeping into his thoughts.

“Yuna! Where’s Yuna?!”
    “Back in Besaid somewhere. She was with Lulu when we came out to the beach to tra- Hey, wait up!”

Wakka stumbled after Tidus as he sprinted inland without waiting for him to finish, but still woozy from the initial shockwave he had to stop. He leant up against one of the few palm trees still standing around the beach and watched the running figure disappear inland.

“That kid never stops to listen. It’s just a comet, even if it is dangerous it’s not like anything’s gonna happen straight away, you know?”

“Don’t cry brother.”

A cold hand clasped Yazoo’s shoulder gently but firmly, and pulled him to his feet. It was Kadaj, cut and bruised, but there were no tears at least. Yazoo wiped at his eyes, suddenly ashamed. If Kadaj wasn’t crying things might be okay, despite how bad it looked.

“What happened? Why aren’t we with mother?”

Instead of answering Kadaj turned and stalked away across the sand and into the rain, scraps of grey clothing trailing behind. Yazoo followed to where Loz and Sephiroth waited at the far end of the beach, beneath the overhanging ruins of some ancient building. Loz’s eyes were rimmed with red but in the One Winged Angel’s presence he refused to cry, though when he met Yazoo’s gaze he could see how lost and upset he was. Sephiroth stood stoically staring out to sea, his cruel features unreadable.

“I found Yazoo, brother.”

Sephiroth nodded but said nothing.

“What happened to mother? Why are we alone again?”
    “Something went wrong. The comet crashed, Mother must have been too weak to support us. Dagger’s soul was not enough to sustain such perfection indefinitely.”
    “I thought mother might have thrown us back…rejected us.”
    “Never brother.”
    “Where is Kuja?”

Sephiroth finally spoke then, though his gaze never wavered from the sea.

“He was not truly one of us. He will have drowned with the comet.”

Loz twisted around to look at the insane ocean pounding at the beach, the realisation finally hitting home.

“Is mother down there…in the water?”
    “Mother!”
    “Don’t cry Yazoo, Loz. We’ll get Jenova back brothers. We just need another soul.”

Sephiroth’s calm confidence steeled the others, gave them strength. Kadaj pulled a long, slightly curved sword from the scabbard at his waist and checked it for damage. It would do what he needed it to, as would Yazoo’s pistol and Loz’s gauntlet.

“Where are we brother? Where is the soul?”

“This is Spira. A soft peaceful world…so pathetic. There is nothing here that can hold a candle to us, but there is one small light that flickers in the mire. A special soul, one worthy of Jenova, one that could sustain her indefinitely. She is a young woman, and she’s very close…I can feel it. There’s nothing on this doomed rock that can stop us.”

Sephiroth put one pale slender hand on the pommel of his sword and strode out of the ruins into the storm. Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz trailed after him, eager already for fresh blood at the mention of another special soul.

“What is her name brother? Who must we find?”

Sephiroth turned, and at that precise moment a forked streak of lightening cascaded across the sky, silhouetting him against the horizon. Even Kadaj took a step back when the One Winged Angel turned his cold dead smile upon him.

“Yuna...”

20. - Top - End - #50

OMG SIGN ME UP!

That's right, the Diva will throw herself into a WW game. Does RP start...now?
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Yaay!

By all means, RP can start whenever people want. I've got another piece of narration that will go up before the game starts, but it won't really alter anything that's going on, it's more an excuse for me to test out my psychotic streak by narrating Kuja.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I will totally sign up if there are still slots!
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Has anybody seen Aemoh? I get the feeling he might be interested.

I also get the feeling he might kill somebody for real this time if he'll be lynched because of his avatar... again.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Ask and ye shall receive

Once again, Banjo pulls me back. In again, says I

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive

Welcome back!

You would not believe the number of bandwagons that have gone untied in your absence.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive

Welcome back matey

I reserve the right to be the first one to point at you on totally unfounded charges and reasons pulles out of thin air for nothing better than my amusement

27. - Top - End - #57

*runs into thread*

Is there still room for me? Please? (^.^)

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

No-one really knew his name, he wandered the area, unknown, unidentified. He was seen little, and talked less. But something big had called him out of hiding. He could feel it in the air, on the first touch of the rain. This was danger, this was bigger than Sin.

He touched the ground softly, his fingers sifting through the earth as if looking for something that wasn't there, like the sanded shore could tell him something. The sand told him nothing. He could feel the presence, but he could not locate it.

"So long.. And we still cannot have peace."

The voice was resigned, but that did not mean he would not work to fix this dilemma. No, something would be done, he would not stand by idly, not like he'd done with Sin. The darkness was coming, he could only hope he made it out of this. He slowly strode, shadows concealing his presence, towards the village, looking for someone. People were always the quickest source of information, and to fix this problem, they would have to work together.....

(I would like to note something, I've only played halfway through FFIX, so I may make mistakes in that regard.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

29. - Top - End - #59

Isabelle woke screaming, drenched in a cold sweat. Her green eyes searched the dark room frantically, peering into the shadows. Her breath came in harsh bursts, shattering the silence of the room. She shivered, wrapping the blanket around herself as she waited for her parents to come check on her. But they didn't. Sighing, remembering as the terror of the dream faded, she stood. Putting her feet into soft slippers, she padded noiselessly into the kitchen.

Isabelle - or Isa, as she was called - poured herself a glass of milk and peered out the window that overlooked the plains. Since her parents had both died of the fever, the house had been unusually quiet. In the past few months, she had grown to miss the family dinners, evenings spent singing...As she had so many times before, she found her hand resting on her guitar. Resigned, smiling faintly, she pulled it into her lap and began to sing.

Heal what has been hurt
    Change the Fates' design
    Save what has been lost
    Bring back what once was mine...

Her training as a bard brought her the closest she would ever be to her family again. As she sang the words, silent images of her parents shimmered into being. Her father grabbed her mother and twirled her around in a dance. Isa could see their laughter, but not hear it. As her eyes brimmed with tears, her voice faltered and the illusion failed. Taking a moment to cry, she laid her head on a pillow, arm slung over the guitar. Before she realized she was tired, she was asleep...

...having quite forgotten about the dream that had so frightened her.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

30. - Top - End - #60

I guess I'll play.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.