New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Okay, let's see if mangosta71 can handle another one.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Day over, update to follow shortly.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

The few remaining Spiran’s surrounded the Marlboro cautiously, seven survivors only from the horrors unleashed by the Remnants and their abomination of a progenitor. The tentacled beast writhed and chattered sucking in air through its gaping maw to mix more of its fouled deadly breath. The surrounding men were exhausted and undecided; no-one came forward with the initiative to take on the beast. Before anyone could react the Marlboro voided its hideous Bad Breath, burying Khal under a wave of black stinking putrescence. When the viscous liquid boiled away nothing remained but bleached black bones.

“Wonderful creature…the perfect killer!”

Mangosta breaks the circle of survivors, his flawless disguise dripping away from his skin in fast-running rivulets. Within seconds where a Spiran once stood is Sephiroth, staring up at the hideous Marlboro with nothing short of adulation. For a moment his defences fall, and the desperate survivors try to take their chance.

Fin charges in from one side, The Phantom and RogueNine from the other, whilst Dragoon closes in at the Remnants rear. Sephiroth appears completely oblivious to the danger.

“I wonder…”

Fin reaches the One Winged Angel first, wielding a heavy piece of driftwood like a club. Sephiroth is so fast it’s difficult to follow what happens next. One second he has his back to the attackers, hands on hips as he stares up at the vile goliath, the next he faces his four foes with sword unsheathed and bloody. Fin wheels away clutching at his side, club dropped to the sand forgotten.

“So you all want to dance do you? Then come on!”

The Phantom ghosts in on the Remnant’s left and ducks, allowing RogueNine’s spiked blitzball to sail over his head. Sephiroth deflects it away with his blade and lunges, forcing The Phantom back to get in a desperate parry. Dragoon’s short sword whistles past the Remnant’s ear, only for a stunning blow from the Remnants free hand to send him sprawling. A second blitzball flies inches over Sephiroth’s head.

So close, but not close enough.

The Phantom goes for another lunge, but the Remnant is just too fast. Slipping sideways, Sephiroth evades the blow and brings the heavy pommel of his blade down on the crown of the man’s head. The Phantom goes down and the Remnants skips over him to engage Rogue Nine, now out of blitzballs and having to improvise. A handful of sand gives the Spiran a scant few second’s grace, and for a moment he is within the Remnants impenetrable guard. His fingers find the Remnants throat, and for a moment he has purchase.

It doesn’t last.

A tremendous crimson pulse of energy thrums through the Remnant and blows Rogue a clear twenty feet across the sand, leaving him in a sprawling daze.

Sephiroth laughs and sheathes his sword, looming over Fin, The Phantom and RogueNine as they try to gather themselves.

“Come on Spira, I thought you would have more than that.”

The look of shock on Sephiroth’s face as a blade erupts from his breastbone is almost worth the previous days sacrifices. Almost.

“We do.”

Dragoon pushes the short sword deeper, grunting with the effort. Sephiroth bucks and shakes on the blade, but shows no sign of serious injury.

“Well done! But you know this won’t work.”

“It will now, Kimahri was good enough to share a valuable secret before he died.”

“It’s called Ultima.”

The Remnants eyes widen in horrified realisation, but it’s far too late. Dragoon’s sword explodes in a kaleidoscopic torrent of light and power, throwing its wielder back across the sand. He and the others shield their eyes against the raging magical inferno, waiting for the powerful spell to fade.

When it does, Sephiroth still stands, though quite how is impossible to tell.

Pale skin scorched black as night and flayed away from smoking flesh and muscles. His long silver hair and dark clothing are gone, burnt away by the powerful magic that should have scoured him to ash. The once proud blade sheathed to his thigh had melted and melded with the charred welted flesh of his leg, a streak of grey flashing as he staggers forward. Bloodshot weeping eyes roll sightlessly in his sockets as his outstretched arms reach for salvation.

“…Mother…please….”

But Jenova isn’t there, there is only the Marlboro. The chittering beast throws its tentacles wide open and lets it’s maw gape, and when the ruined man totters forward, it envelopes him.

A pulse from the comet paints the beach in a n evil red hue, accompanied by a high pitched vibration that feels for everything in the world like a scream. When the glow fades both the Marlboro and what was left of the One-Winged Angel are gone.

Only Yazoo to go now. The question is, can the Remnant be found in time?

Summary

Khal was autolynched. He was a Spiran Civilian.

Mangosta71 was ruined by Ultima and enveloped by the Marlboro. He was Sephiroth!

The Remnants have now lost Sephiroth’s personal night kill and void actions.

Remaining players:

Dragoon
    Fin
    Gray Mage
    RogueNine
    The Phantom

Night 15 begins now and will end in 24 hours if actions are received in time

4. - Top - End - #874

Woo! Go villagers!
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Revenge! I told you I would get it. (Wrong game though...
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

Go village! Just choose carefully! Think about it

EDIT- Also...i knew it mangosta! you flagged for the same reason as helgraf dead early on! I should have trusted my gut more
    Last edited by Qwaz; 2011-09-21 at 02:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Well that was a fortunate turn of events considering if we'd been as unlucky as we have the rest of the game he could have lived for five straight days of lynches.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Well that was a fortunate turn of events considering if we'd been as unlucky as we have the rest of the game he could have lived for five straight days of lynches.
    Well theoretically, he can live for an infinite amount of time since encounters repeat and he can get item drops to kill non-defeatable ones that pop up. Though the neutrals would drop an automaton pretty quickly if that happened.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Well theoretically, he can live for an infinite amount of time since encounters repeat and he can get item drops to kill non-defeatable ones that pop up. Though the neutrals would drop an automaton pretty quickly if that happened.
    The neutrals that... aren't in the game anymore?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #880

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    The neutrals that... aren't in the game anymore?
    It was more of a general observation than in this particular instance.

11. - Top - End - #881

Okay, we are very close to getting the win, and breaking the chain of wolf victories in these games. Let's try not to mess this up.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Night over, update to come soon.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2011-09-22 at 03:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Yazoo wept in the ruins at the head of the beach. No-one to tell him to stop crying now. Mother was reborn once again, and that was good, but she remained silent on the burning comet. Either she couldn’t speak to her only remaining son, or didn’t want to. Thoughts of the latter made Yazoo weep even harder.

He’d never felt so alone.

“But I’m the only special one...”

Even more so now big brother had fallen. Sephiroth scared Yazoo even more than Mother did, but without him he was bereft, cast adrift. Dependence grew unnoticed until the focus of it was taken away…that was unexpected. Sephiroth always said that Mother spoke to him, favoured him with her every thought.

“So why can’t I hear her?!”

It wasn’t as if he couldn’t hear everything else. The special gift Mother bestowed upon him meant he heard everything, the clamouring fear of the Spirans as they slept in their tents, the cacophony of screams from the comet above, even the slow wishes and even slower thoughts of the trees all around and the sand beneath his feet.

All except Mother. She had abandoned him, just when he needed her the most.

“No!”

Mother must be talking to him, must be! But the inconsequential thoughts and fears of Spira drowned her out, a constant white noise blocking her loving signals. Yes, that was it alright. It was the Spiran’s fault, Besaid’s fault, the whole planets fault!

Yazoo clamped his pale hands over his ears and screamed.

“Shut up, shut up, shut up! Stop getting in the way!”

But the cacophony just intensified. Yazoo snapped. He leapt to his feet, tears whipped away into the gloom from his madly rolling head.

“I’m the only special one! This stupid planet will be silent!”

The Remnants eyes glowed an eerie green and around him the ruins began to crumble. Yazoo skipped between the falling stones with the easy grace of a madman, giggling even as the tears streaking his gaunt cheeks mixed with new blood now streaming from his eyes.

“Everything, everyone! All shall burn!”

Sand turned to glass beneath his feet as he strode out onto the beach, the ruins collapsing into ash behind him. A lazily flick of the finger sent a huge fireball gambolling into the forest, setting everything before it ablaze. Hands bent into claws grasped madly towards the sky, and heavy black storm clouds hurried to do his bidding. Thunder rolled, lightning forked down into the raging sea, and blood fell like rain.

“Burn! Burn and be silent! Mother’s voice shall be heard!“

An arc of green lightning hit amongst the pitiful tents of the survivors camp, setting the oiled skins alight. Desperate black shadows streaked through the flames, fleeing the burning tents and ducking below the smoke. Fin, unable to pull himself free in time, succumbs to the thick smoke and searing green flames, one more voice silenced.

Not enough. Still too many voices to hear Mothers call.

“Once more then!”

Power pulsed through Yazoo, power like he never knew existed. The bright glow of latent Materia danced in front of him, and with deft hands he crafted it into shape. The shape of a Marlboro.

A chittering shriek signalled the culmination of the weave, and the Marlboro rears up high into the still dark sky, wreathed in green fire.

“Kill them! Kill them all!”

Summary

Fin was killed by Yazoo. He was a Spiran Civilian.

Yazoo has crafted a Materia-infused Marlboro to finish Spira for good. Someone has to stop it!

Remaining Players:

Dragoon
    Gray Mage
    RogueNine
    ThePhantom

Gray Mage will be autolynched is he doesn’t vote today.

Day 16 begins now and will last for at least 48 hours, in order for a consensus to be reached. I don’t have to remind you how important this vote is!

Moral of the story: don't get in between Yazoo and his Mommy.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Orc in the Playground

Curses!! So close to the end. Go team villager you can do it!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

15. - Top - End - #885

Okay, its the endgame. Either side wins with this vote, and I'm not good at figuring out who's bad and who's not. I'll wait a while before voting, as I want a bit more info instead of just guessing.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Could we have a list of those of us that have been previously lynched?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground

Come on guys. I know I didn't have a lot to do with this one, but I've been seeking a town win in this series ever since we started.

Get this one right. Begging you.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #888

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Could we have a list of those of us that have been previously lynched?
    Have you tried the opening post of the thread?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Have you tried the opening post of the thread?
    I had actually meant lynched but survived and are still in the game (hence the "us"), which it seems it's only me. I should have been clearer though.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

...dangit, I need to check Structured more often.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #891

Okay, based on what I have noticed and I am wondering a bit about Gray Mage, asks for a list of remaining players even though Banjo has posted the list the last two (counting today as one of them) start of day phases and the start of this last night phase. Did not vote for mangosta71 yesterday, did not vote during the whole Ramsus and Murska debate that lasted a week, did not post either time what he could kill when asked by Ramsus. Seems to me that he is trying the hiding tactic.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

*wanders in and wonders if any of the other three people are actually going to vote*

23. - Top - End - #893

*wanders in and wonders if any of the other three people are actually going to vote*
    Nah, they're all going to wait for someone else to make a move so they can vindicate their own votes.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll vote for Dragoon, because of the three left he's the one I'm most suspicious of.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Pixie in the Playground

Grey Mage, before I vote would you explain your absense from this thread during the times mentioned by Dragoon (the Murska/Ramsus vote and the last two Mangosta days specifically) given that you were on the forums during those times, AND voted in other WW games?

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    Grey Mage, before I vote would you explain your absense from this thread during the times mentioned by Dragoon (the Murska/Ramsus vote and the last two Mangosta days specifically) given that you were on the forums during those times, AND voted in other WW games?
    On the first time day lasted so long that I had actually forgotten that I hadn't voted yet (yes, it is a lame excuse, shame that it's the truth). On the second one I had been very busy with college and onky had time to quickly vote in games that I was more at risk of AL/my vote would have made a bigger difference, and even then it was simply a quick vote.

Anything else of relevance that you'd like to ask?

By the way, I'd like to say again that I had asked for current players that have been lynched, but survived. I don't think this is something too relevant, but it gets a little bit on my nerves when I explain things like this and people ignore it.

Edit: Oh yeah, would like to add something. Rogue, do you trust bill? Because I was lynched after the disguiser died (went to check that right now), unlike Murska, and the alpha is already dead, so unless bill lied, I am clear.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-09-23 at 04:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #897

I'm not sure which one of the other three is the villain here. Rogue nine
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-09-23 at 08:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898

Now if the last player would kindly vote for thePhantom, we could have a mexican standoff....

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Actually wouldn't Gray Mage just end up lynched since Dragoon voted first?

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually wouldn't Gray Mage just end up lynched since Dragoon voted first?
    Ask Banjo. I know in my games I decide at random when that happens. And you should vote for Yazoo, I'm sure he can defeat the malabroo and save Spira.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC