New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Well Remnants, good job.

I sure as hell wish you'd contacted me so I'd have some useful intel on whom to use my abilities on. As it is, when the other fellow died, I got a no item scavenge, voided, weapon morphed myself (thus the irony when one of my 'beatable' encounters came up and y'all wanted to lynch me that day. If you had, it would have worked and I would have died a day earlier ) next night, voided again. So yeah, I had four nights of powers, half of which were voided, and pretty much none of which were actually useful to the game in any way.

Yeah. I was sloppy. Should've either stuck with my original claim about being weapon morphed (eg, the "Sand Worm" wasn't on my encounter list). Or claimed had the necessary item.

However, I maintain the only reason the Remnants pulled this out (especially after the 'laptop in flames' extra long day) is because we got dumb lucky with the death of our beast. It would have been game over otherwise. You know it as well as I do.

I stand, thereby, by my original claims.

Also, I deliberately avoided commenting in thread after a certain point so as not to influence multiple crucial votes involving Murska or someone I suspected but did not know was a remnant.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

2. - Top - End - #932

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my somewhat random behavior just prior to my death. I was rather tired those few days and ... wasn't exactly thinking the most straight I could have been.

Also, in the Mason QT Ramsus mentions 'like Bladescape did in Witchhunt 3 first day'. Now, just as a very thorough correction, that was Hipen3.

I didn't play number three.

I'll also apologize to the Narrator for not putting that much effort into this game. It sorta left me a bit hazy and left me behind just a touch and I ended up making a bit of a mess of myself. *Looks at spiked remains now burning in the ruins of Spira*

And just as a cursory note, I vote for the Tales of Vesperia option. *Dances around*
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well I apologize for that name mixup I suppose. I probably didn't even notice I'd done it.

Edit: It could always be one of the FF Tactics games for a setting. Though I suppose the mechanics might end up wildly different....
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-09-26 at 10:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    - Will there be and ACV? I guess that depends on if people want it. I’ll admit that I’ve now gone through all the Final Fantasy’s that I know well, and the way I ended this one there’s definitely a chance to say this is it, and end it there. I’ve got ideas of a Lost Odyssey, Grandia, or Tales of Vesperia themed game that could carry on the rules system, but I’m really not sure about it. This game was a bit of a stretch to run at times I have to admit.

Obligatory survey will follow at some point, once we're done with the post-game inquest.
    I'm willing to Co-Nar; though I don't know Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia....
    Perhaps FFT ?

Final Fantasy Tactics: Tales of the Zodiac Braves?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    I'm willing to Co-Nar; though I don't know Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia....
    Perhaps FFT ?

Final Fantasy Tactics: Tales of the Zodiac Braves?
    I approve. As long as it is the ps version.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, that was enjoyable. I didn't last very long and my only suspicion ended up being Yuna, but I believe this marks the first and only game where I've roleplayed all the way to my death. Hooray.

Will there be and ACV? I guess that depends on if people want it. I’ll admit that I’ve now gone through all the Final Fantasy’s that I know well, and the way I ended this one there’s definitely a chance to say this is it, and end it there.
    I'll suggest Final Fantasy 4 because I want to see a Zeromus-based wolf faction now, either competing with the Jenova faction or just replacing them.

FFT would be pretty fun too. But you'd have to find a way to mimic the bits of mangled dialogue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post

Yeah. I was sloppy. Should've either stuck with my original claim about being weapon morphed (eg, the "Sand Worm" wasn't on my encounter list). Or claimed had the necessary item.
    Also of note: You aren't told if you get voided, so your claim of being voided... I would have thrown that out if need be.

And how did we not kill Dragoon? He's complaining since someone didn't vote when he... VOTED TO KILL RAMSUS.

Two, we should have killed billtodamax the second we figured out he was brother. That was a major screw up on our part. Survival neutrals in pretty much every game I have seen go for the wolves.

Three, why did we let neutrals into the mason QT really? Similarly when I was up for voting against bladescape I think we should have waited to tell the masons so they couldn't accidentally reveal that I was networked to the wolves.

Four, we need to start lying about beast roles in QTs. That way a town beast after the network has been presumed found or compromised can post the QT, be determined not the beast, and then kill a wolf.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the feedback guys, I agree with most of what's been said. I think the absolute basic problem with the game is the encounter system, as it dilutes the towns only real power, being the lynch. Sure there aren't many Remnants, but if they with luck any of them can beat three or four encounters in a row. Yes, the village can defeat encounters too, but in a way that's actually a disadvantage to them, as even basic villagers will at times defeat the encounter they're put up against, and very little is learnt for that day. I think it's finally time that I accepted the encounter system just doesn't work and retire it.

Thanks for the Cco-narrator offer Helgraf, whenever I schedule the next game I'll definitely take you up on it if you're still willing and available at teh time. It'll be quite a while though, I need to take a step back and work out how to revamp things.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a bit sad about the encounter system retirement. After all, the low numbers of the remnants are supposed to balance it and I haven't actually ever seen the Remnants beat a lot of encounters in a row despite seeing people claim it's possible every game. Something like surviving two lynches before dying has been the most I think, plus there's always roles, powers and items that help the Town kill resistant wolves.

Finally, that'd also mean that the Remnant team will no longer be a group of just a few powerful individuals, since the only reason they have any chance in a game with 1:8 odds is because of the fact that they're tougher. And I don't know where we'd find extra names to fill the numbers.

I actually told the Remnants right away when we made contact that Brother is going to 100% die if he's revealed to the Town. That's why I asked to know who he was immediately so we don't accidentally kill him. We found out the last Al Bhed a bit later because one of the ones we knew accidentally sent a PM to all three of them and me.

I generally didn't expect much of anything from the Neutrals, asking them for a favour every now and then - only things I knew they could do without harming themselves. Because an ally is an ally, not a teammate - they're always going to work for themselves first, no matter how much they like me, so I don't even want to ask them for something that they don't want to provide. That helped keep our relations cordial even in the end where the full extent of their betrayal became apparent.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #940

Thanks for the feedback guys, I agree with most of what's been said. I think the absolute basic problem with the game is the encounter system, as it dilutes the towns only real power, being the lynch. Sure there aren't many Remnants, but if they with luck any of them can beat three or four encounters in a row. Yes, the village can defeat encounters too, but in a way that's actually a disadvantage to them, as even basic villagers will at times defeat the encounter they're put up against, and very little is learnt for that day. I think it's finally time that I accepted the encounter system just doesn't work and retire it.

Thanks for the Cco-narrator offer Helgraf, whenever I schedule the next game I'll definitely take you up on it if you're still willing and available at teh time. It'll be quite a while though, I need to take a step back and work out how to revamp things.
    No encounter system means "must have more wolves" or give them a recruitment or something to even out the severe numerical disadvantage.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Beautifully done, Dragoon. Turning the last two against Gray Mage when they pretty much knew you were the last Remnant was a masterstroke. Brilliant scrying all throughout the game, as well. You may claim that our victory was largely a matter of luck. You would be partially correct, but our luck was with our scries. Dragoon was merciless in hunting down power roles.

On to feedback. Something that's not even specific to this game - AL replacement sounds neutral in theory, but in practice overwhelmingly favors the village. If someone decides not to play after receiving their role, it's because they didn't find the role interesting, which means villager (with an occasional mason thrown into the mix).

I don't see the Remnants as particularly more powerful as a group than the village power roles. We had a total of 14 defeatable encounters among us (17 if you count Kuja), compared to 15 total spread among the village power roles (that's only counting Wakka - it goes up to 23 if you count all of the masons). And with the Tidus/Yuna interaction, Yuna is harder to kill via lynch than anyone except Sephiroth. The encounter system fits with the fluff of the world very nicely, too. This was almost like playing a Final Fantasy console game, except it was interesting.

When there are only 4.5 wolves and none of them is a voider, 2 village beasts is excessive.

Helgraf's mention of villagers having a random number of defeatable encounters was interesting, I thought. Jecht's ability would certainly be more balanced that way. Not that it matters much if the encounter system is going away.

I'll echo Murska in the sentiment that the neutrals would seem more neutral if their total victory condition wasn't contingent upon a village win, and if their win conditions weren't so easily manipulated to force them to either side.

As much work as this game seemed to be, a co-narrator is an excellent idea.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2011-09-28 at 01:33 AM.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Ah, well I apologize for that name mixup I suppose. I probably didn't even notice I'd done it.

Edit: It could always be one of the FF Tactics games for a setting. Though I suppose the mechanics might end up wildly different....
    I have been threatening Banjo with running an Advent Children 2.5 (Yes, this idea is that old) using the tactics setting FOREVER. Generally I lack the motivation and dedication to run my own game. However, if you wanted me to come up with a rules set, I have literally been brainstorming this for coming up on three years. PM me.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show