New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Completely random vote at Tasroth to avoid autolynch in case I don't have time to point later.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

(No time to RP right now. Random rolling indicates.... Khal)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

The man in the rusty armor comes across a blue ball floating on the water. Fishing it out and passing it between his hands he mutters, "You know, maybe after all this I should try the game, it can't be that bad." Taking a deep breath, he hopes that Fin can take care of the second Ochu.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

4. - Top - End - #184

Going with internet flea.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

"Heh."

He was watching the situation from atop a nearby building. It didn't look like there were any 'heroes' present this time. Maybe the fate of the last one had been warning enough.

This wouldn't be enough to take care of the city, not even close. But it was a good start.

He kept up the watch, just to see what the natives would do. Maybe there would be some clues out there as to speed this up.

Oh, there was some...thing else watching the scene from above. Ramsus.

He slid further into the cover of the shadow. It wouldn't do to be noticed now.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #186

Phew, thought I was going to miss it after an unexpected event occurred today...

Aemoh
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

7. - Top - End - #187

Fin, cause I don't really have any ideas on who's a villain right now.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Internet Flea, sorry man. I don't think you're a remnant so I won't even ask anyone else to vote for you. But you do suffer from two issues that mean I at least do have to vote for you. Number one, you are not me! Number two, you are the closest to me in votes.

Just so you know I can't kill Ochus so I will die if I win the vote. In a desperate bid to save myself I will let you know that I can kill Bombs and Sand Worms. I have absolutely no idea how you lot knowing that helps my cause.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, day over, update to follow shortly.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

There was fear. There was discord. Discord was good. But not enough. Never enough, not with too much fear. The monster would cause more, the Remnants puppet. The Remnants were stronger than he gave them credit for. They were strong, but they would fall.

Internet Flea stepped forward out of the crowd, and fixed his blue-eyed stare on the Ochu still pulling and splitting its way out of Fleeing Cowards headless corpse. The look he gave the fearsome creature is a mixture of hatred and disdain, making many watchers blood run cold.

It was a look not entirely human.

This creature was nothing, yet these worms cower and hide, afraid to even look upon it. Barely even worthy of hatred. But everything is worthy of hatred, if it serves as means to an end. The Remnants must be stopped yes, but not until there is true discord, and the Summoner has been bought into the open.

I will enslave her with hatred, a puppet in chains of anger and fear.

Then I will obliterate this world.

Internet Flea drew an evil looking serrated gauntlet, much like a crustacean’s claw, and advanced on the Ochu as it threw off the last of its host and reared high on its massive trunk-like legs.

Time to test this body. Time to test these new instincts, or long dormant ones awoken once more. The claw was familiar yet new at the same time. He looked down at it, he felt the weight in his hand. How much damage? How much pain?

For better or worse, it was time to find out.

"My hatred will not be stanched until it has consumed all else! You shall be next. Come! Pass into this darkness I have wrought!"

Internet Flea charges at the Ochu, the crab claw weaving left and right so naturally it was like an extension of his own body. One day deep in the past it might have been just that. He skips past the creature’s first questing tentacle, and bats a second away with the claw, before leaping right at the monsters gaping maw, claw open and poised to strike.

The entire square is bathed in a flash on opaque blue light.

This body is weak, so very weak, even with this claw. A fragile bag of flesh, to be cut, stabbed and bludgeoned like meat. But the body of this creature is strong, flexible and powerful even whilst its mind is simple and weak. A weak mind. Easy to dominate. Yes, for one such as I.

A more suitable vessel.

When the odd solid light dissipates only the Ochu is left. Internet Flea is nowhere to be seen. Before anyone can move a muscle, the Ochu whips out a thick tendril and pulls Orzel up into the air. Terrifyingly still and silent other than this one tentacle, it brings Orzel crashing back to the flagstones, dashing his head against the ground with a sickening crack. The villagers body slackens in the monsters iron grip and hangs limply in the air.

Oh yes, so very strong. Much more suitable. But this world, this Spira, this is not the place. The people are not strong enough to hate, too weak to do anything but fear. They cannot sustain us.

Then I will find a world that can.

Still holding the moldering remains of Orzel in one writhing tentacle, the Ochu speaks. It speaks in the haunting choir of voices of the stranger, Internet Flea.

“I will always exist, as long as there is hatred in the hearts of people. Hatred is so easy to encourage and grow, until it consumes you. Then you are mine. The body may die, but the soul survives…and your fears and hatred with it.”

With that, the strange Ochu begins to fade before winking out of existence completely, leaving the hatred and discord in Spiran hearts as the only evidence it was ever there at all.

((Sorry Internet Flea, I'm not sure if I got the speech pattern quite right, but I had a go! My own fault for never playing FFV ))

Summary

Internet Flea was killed by the Ochu…or was he? He was Zeromus, but a Spiran Civilian really!

The Ochu winked out of existence.

Orzel was autolynched. He will be replaced by Mustiado!

Night 2 begins now and ends on Friday

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Click -- Clack -- CLOMP -- Click -- Clack -- CLOMP*

A rhythmic cadence echoes through the empty streets after the battle, the only signs that any one or anything is afoot at the moment. Reverberating back from the stone walls, and drifting into the air, the sounds are coming from a medium sized man who is carrying a gigantic gun. Easily as tall as he is at about six feet, the weapon looks extremely well cared for, even if the man does not. Indeed, wounds, scrapes and scars cover the adventurer's body, as if he'd seen the worse part of three monumental fights. Anyone close enough to see his face, however, would see the overwhelming determination in his dark brown eyes. Glancing about, he finds an appropriate looking building, and he jams the butt of his gun into it. Using it as a launching point, he begins to scale the side of the structure, removing his gun and using it as a hand hold every ten feet.

Once he reaches the roof, he nestles into the corner of the building, a large spyglass attaching to the end of the weapon. His face, despite its normal grim look, cracks a slight smile.

"I owe you damn remnants more than one at this point."

*Ka-Chak*

He racks his gun, expelling a shell.

"So lets get ready to even the score."

And with that, Mustiado settles in, to watch, to wait.

To hunt.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

I live?

That was too close people!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

((Sorry Internet Flea, I'm not sure if I got the speech pattern quite right, but I had a go! My own fault for never playing FFV ))
    Good enough. Zeromus only has like three lines anyway, and they change tone so much over all the various adaptations that it wouldn't help to read them.
    Also he's in 4. But you should play 5 anyway, it's fun.

((4 attempts, just to say that. I swear this thread is cursed now.))

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Night over, update and night action results to follow shortly.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt sat on the beach, watching the angry waves dash themselves apart against the ruined beach. He'd have much rather watched the wind in the trees, or all the interesting stuff he could hear going on in the village behind him, but he didn't have much choice, not being able to move on his own. After all, he was a blitzball.

He heard the crunch of booted feet on sand behind him, and felt a little thrill of excitement run through his stitching. Someone was coming, maybe it was Wakka or one of his Aurochs! They'd take him back to Besaid, and then he'd be able to see everything that was going on!

"What have we here?"

Cold hands picked him off the sand and turned him, so that all he could see was the smirking face of a silver haired stranger. It wasn't Wakka, and Reinholdt suddenly wished he had legs so that he could run away.

He didn't like the predatory way the stranger was looking at him.

Kadaj studied the blitzball, bouncing it a few inches off his palm, testing its balance and weight.

"Such a weak weapon, like a wooden sword you would give to a child. Of hardly any use at all. Pathetic."

Reinholdt glowered at him, wishing he could scream. Blitzball's weren't pathetic, especially not him! A 20% Accuracy enhancement was nothing to be sniffed at!

"Ah, but yet I can see a use for such a weapon, one that can be thrown and kicked and launched into the air. Useful for tackling things that would remain out of reach of other weapons. Airborne monsters I would think."

"We can't have that."

Before Reinholdt could even tense his lining Kadaj drew his blade and ran the blitzball through, laughing as the pressurised air squeaked out of the now useless skin. To him it sounded like it was screaming.

"That's it! Scream little blitzball! Scream like it's the end of the world!"

For poor little Reinholdt, that's just what it was.

Mustiado climbed the tower of Besaid Temple, wincing as every pull and lift sent pain surgung through his tired body. He should be resting at an inn, nursing the festering wounds inflicted across three other worlds, but his hatred of the Remnants forced him to move ever forward and fight through the pain. His first vantage point had not been good enough, so he'd followed his instincts and had headed for the temple, and it's high tower that looked out at both the village, and the haunted forest beyond.

They would not best him again.

Finally the top of the tower was in sight. Mustiado slung his gun over the top and hoisted himself up with a pained grunt.

The first thing he saw was a sad and deflated blitzball.

The second thing he saw was the massive Zuu making roost right under the temples ancient bell.

It didn't look happy to be disturbed.

Besaid was awoken that morning by an almighty squawking, the civilians running out of their homes to find a massive black bird swooping around the village. Enraged and clumsy even for its size, the creature careered blindly into buildings and straight through a wooden hut, its prodigious bulk barreling straight through the flimsy wood.

Left unchecked it would destroy half the village before it managed to gain altitude and fly away.

It must be stopped before that happens.

Summary

Reinholdt was killed by the Remnants. He was a Spiran Civilian, a blitzball made and trademarked in Besaid itself.

A Zuu decided to roost on the Besaid Temple roof, and now its destroying your homes!

The following players must vote today to avoid autolynch:

Fan
    Gray Mage
    Khal
    Lex-Kat
    TheLaughingMan
    Tilt
    TsukikoJ
    V.Z.

Day 3 begins now and ends on Monday, at approximately 10am (BST)

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

Preliminary point at Murska, since I'm in danger of autolynch.

Hopefully I should have more time for this soon, with City of Spires having just ended.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Tilt for what amounts to the same reason. Check Central in a few minutes once I get around to posting.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

The warrior woke up with a start at the loud squawking noises made by the Zuu... At first he had a mad impulse to try and attack the beast... But then he realized that unless he could sprout wings and fly there would be no chance for him and his sword to reach that bird... It would be just a futile attempt and a nasty way to die. He Tilt his head trying to follow the beasts random rampage... that thing needed to be stopped fast before it dealt some serious damage...

[OOC] Completely random point... it has nothing to do with the fact that I lost to him at city of spires... nothing at all! [/OOC]
    Last edited by TigerFang; 2011-07-18 at 01:59 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww man... what sort of deranged lunatic kills a blitzball just because of a 20% accuracy boost? Seriously?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

Tilt's avatar looks angry. An angry bird. Someone should make a game about it.

RP later.
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2011-07-17 at 07:26 PM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Murska. Day's with only one bandwagon are almost useless for information.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2011-07-15 at 04:19 PM.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Carbuncle noticing the other thing sharing the skies with it wasn't especially pleased. It noticed the commotion of...well it couldn't quite tell form here. It seemed people were mourning a beach ball or something? Gosh. Humans are weird. It seemed there was some shoving going on. Particularly two people, Murska and Tilt, were pushing each other towards the Zuu, with some help from the crowd. Deciding that it would be safer down there amongst the crowd than alone in the air as an obvious target Carbuncle went in for a closer look at events. Maybe someone would need a good dose of Reflect.

((Just evening the wagons. This is in no way related to Murska pointing at me yesterday or being on Tilt's team in city of spires. ))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-07-15 at 04:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

The past few days were absolute chaos. The Remnants had to be the ones responsible for all the monsters attacking the town. One by one, Spirans tried to stand between the monster and the rest of them, only to be cut down in the blink of an eye.

He was used to battle. But he was not used to chaos. Choosing to watch from afar, Rasler saw two figures standing closer to the Zuu than the rest of the crowd. He couldn't make the second figure out, but he was pretty sure he recognized Tilt as the first.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

tilt for me.
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2011-07-17 at 07:01 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

25. - Top - End - #205

Fin until he dies or is proved innocent.
    Last edited by Diva De; 2011-07-17 at 08:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Might as well go with Tilt.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-07-17 at 08:40 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Halfling in the Playground

A quick random vote at... bladescape to keep myself from getting autolynched. Also, I'll be away for the weekend (with no internet access, so this is probably my last message until I return). I count on being back Sunday evening (GMT+1), but I may be away a few days longer, in which case I would appreciate it if no one would put either a lynching, autolynching or night kill in my back.
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Autolynch? No way!! Diva De, you gotta help me!!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

V.Z. I've been slacking on this game... so randomly choosing you.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2011-07-16 at 08:56 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #210

(Hrmmm. Keep an eye on Lamech and Rogue Nine, Methinks.)
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-07-17 at 08:57 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!