New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To End a War-IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: To End a War-IC

Chissk

Chissk's antennae twitch in agreement with Tarl, "Any plan must minimize the danger to Admiral Marcelli."

"We should expect Riteni Corp to field a well trained and well equipped squad for the exchange. We must assume the thugs are similar to warrant such a cautious exchange by Riteni. It is doubtful we would be able to neutralize the defenses of both the Ritini and the thugs simultaneously without endangering the Admiral. Speed and precision will be of the utmost importance.

"I would also expect that both parties will have backup in close proximity. I should be able to distrupt their communications at least temporarily. That should buy us a few moments."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Decker Sandburner

Nodding in agreement, Decker adds, "An ambush is defenitly requied. If they are travelling down those narrow alley ways, we could get them bunched in there and find a way to block the ways in and out. We could fire from an elevated position or repel down. Disabling their comms is a smart move. We might just be able to catch them with thier flight suits down."
    Last edited by Mo_the_Hawked; 2011-07-05 at 09:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Orrick Curovao

"A damn clever idea. Besides the thugs, though," Orrick offered, "there's another factor to consider: if corporate rumor hangs true, we might not be the only ones looking to break up this lovely deal. Riteni has a big competitor in Pouri Corporation... one with potentially hostile intentions. We should keep one eye open for other interlopers involving themselves in our little heist... or, if you're all up to it, we could even be so devious as to involve them... with a plan to leave with the Admiral unscathed and the Pouri group unaware, of course."
    Last edited by babel_matrix; 2011-07-05 at 10:10 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Decker Sandburner

Decker's eyes light up, "Here's an idea, can you figure if Pouri is going to pull something? If they haven't already hired anyone we might be able to get them to hire us and then we would get some more ground level intel."

With a pensive look, "We should still plan for an idependent operation. Chissk why don't see if you can find any data on where Riteni might have the admiral holed up."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Tarl Fainor

Without looking up from the map Tarl listened to Chissk and Decker. "If you can disable their communications we'd have a clear advantage. However if we assume that they will be bringing the objective with them to the drop off we'll need stun weapons to be sure not to harm him. What's more if they don't have the Admiral we'll need to question the leaders on where they hid him for the exchange."

The lieutenant did finally pry his eyes from the map when Orrick spoke up. Tarl nodded, impressed with the man's knowledge of the companies politics. "If you have an idea on how to play the teams against each other with such little preparation time I'd be open to hearing it."
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2011-07-05 at 11:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Chissk

Chissk inclines his head tipping his antennae toward Decker.

"I've already exhausted the shipboard capabilities for those types of searches. If I had access to a terminal attached to the Riteni corporate network, I could attempt a more invasive query. I'll see if I can find any acknowledged Riteni facilities near our destination."

Spoiler
    Show

Use Computer (1d20+15)=(1d20+15)[18] - Find Riteni facilities
    Last edited by Kliv; 2011-07-05 at 10:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

Orrick Curovao

The youth smirked as he went back to his datapad. "We have more prep time than we might actually need, depending on circumstances." Orrick frowned at the corporate security checkpoints on Pouri's intranet system. Not wanting to risk even a chance of having his efforts noticed, he dared not risk an invasion.

"More importantly, these are just rumors we're talking about; for all we know, Riteni did a good enough job to keep intel away from their competitor, and we'd be stirring a sleeping bureaucrat from inaction. We need confirmation of Pouri actually having activity in this sector," Orrick continued, pointing at the holomap, "before we even consider involving them..." He passes the Pouri intranet address to Chissk. "We'll likely need access to this company as well, just to check our hand. As playing teams against each other, that's a bit much... If useful information can be fished out of someone planetside, I'll do that once we hit up some of the party---" Orrick stops, mentally noting how close he was to earning a few glares, and corrects himself, "---appropriate social gatherings."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Chissk

Chissk takes the datacard from Orrick and plugs it into his datapad. As he begins to access the card, his antennae perk up as if he has suddenly had a great idea. He gestures excitedly at Orrisk.

"Shall I attempt to locate some appropriate social gatherings as well? I can look for matches using parameters from some of your recent excursions and other personal tastes of yours I have on file."

Spoiler
    Show

Use Computer (1d20+15)[20] - Now looking for Pouri facilities on world
    Last edited by Kliv; 2011-07-06 at 04:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Orrick Curovao

Orrick clears his throat audibly and, in a low voice, "No, Chissk, please... that won't be necessary."

Turning his (and hopefully everyone else's) attention to the Zeltron, he asks, "Have you anyone on Zeltros who could offer us shelter or aid in this sector? Someone you know who isn't connected to any of these corporations?"

10. - Top - End - #40

Decker Sandburner

Joining Tarl in looking at the maps, Decker turns to Orrick, Chissk and Freyja, "While you three see what you can dig up I'll go over the map with the LT."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Tarl Fainor

"Make sure the Pouri want our target alive." Tarl mumbled as stared at the map. "If they don't they'd best be used as a distraction somewhere far away from our target."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (tactics): (1d20+10)[15] to find decent points of ambush

"Freyja is it?" Tarl talked toward the map. "You wouldn't happen to have friends who owe you a favor in the area we're headed would you?"
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2011-07-08 at 02:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Roll Results

Kliv; Chissk
    Spoiler
    Show
    Computer 1: You find that there is a Riteni Warehouse adjacent to the Jinari Starport. There is also a large private landing platform and hanger for Riteni ships.

Computer 2: There is a Pouri warehouse on the other side of the Jinari Starport, however they have a much smaller private landing pad. You also come upon some file yous missed in your earlier search. There are quite a few accident reports at the Jinari starport and they seem to be isolated to the Pouri and Riteni sections of the Starport.

Dienekes; Tarl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tactics: You find a few places that appear to be good places for an ambush. One being a narrow alley, another being an alley of regular width with two low level buildings hidden by adjacent buildings with higher roofs.

13. - Top - End - #43

Freyja Ceru

The young lass's head was nearly spinning with the amount of technical, and political jargon that was flying in the air well above her head and understanding. It eventually came to a point where she shut herself out from the conversation, if only to keep her sanity, and concentrate on humming a merry little cantina song she'd heard in her past.

The call of her name snapped her back away from the tune. However, because of this, it would've taken her a few moments before she returned back to reality. "Huh? S... sorry wha?" Slowly her mind was receiving everything that had been said, and processing just as quickly. "Oh! Allies or friends I know there?" For a long moment the Zeltron pondered, crossing her arms and putting a finger to her lips, filing over each and every being she met in her party days. "I might. Don't know if anyone there would remember me. I've met and... gotten to know many beings. Zeltons, humans, twi'leks, and more! I don't know how many would remember me though... Most were met at social gatherings and parties, so..." She spoke in a defeated voice. Yet as something struck her it turned from solemn to a jovial tune quicker than even she could blink. "But! I'm sure we could find some wheres! I mean, Zeltros isn't known for its hostility, right?"
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

14. - Top - End - #44

Orrick Curovao

The Zeltron lass made him blink a few times with the emphasis on know. The corporate might or core loyalty of these acquaintances seemed ambiguous at best, downright hazardous at worst. "Right, well... perhaps it's better we kept incognito anyways. What's your take on the map, gentlemen?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Decker Sandburner

Turning to Orrick, "Plenty of back alleyways, and enough low buildings for a good ambush, but wiht out knowing what route they plan to take it makes it impossible to set up an ambush."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Tarl Fainor

Tarl nodded in agreement with Decker.

"I see two excellent ambush positions," he said as he pointed them out. "Of the two, I prefer this one. It's a bit wider, but has several buildings perfectly situated to attack from above. We can all be hidden in the buildings with grapple hooks and ropes prepared to slide down. Once the enemy moves through the alley we can drop stun grenades on them from above, grapple down grab the unconscious admiral and flee. Or if they are not carrying the admiral with them, we'll still have them alive to question."

Tarl looked up. "What we need is a swoop crash. If we have one placed outside the alley the thugs will have to detour through the ambush zone. Chissk how close do you have to be to knock out their communications?"
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2011-07-15 at 05:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Chissk

Chissk leans over the holomap and points to several rooftops.

"Short range comms should be relatively simple to disrupt from anywhere in a few blocks of our ambush point. If they have orbital comms, a location such as these rooftops would be advantageous. It's possible the roofs could have comm arrays already that I could splice into and turn into a jamming device."

"I should also point out that I am not certified for fast-roping down buildings."

18. - Top - End - #48

Decker Sandburner

Nodding to Chissk, "That shouldn't be a problem."

Decker pulls out a Jetpack and an EMP grenade. "I figure, lob the EMP, disable the speeder then jump down snatch the Admrial and pop back up and slip away."

19. - Top - End - #49

The ship sets down on Zeltros just as the discussion is reaching a close. "Alright everyone 73 hours til the drop. Contact me if you require assistence. We will be right here, besides that you are free to go set up preparations."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I returned home only to leave again shortly after. Let me know where you want to go and I'll get a GM up.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Tarl Fainor

"Alright," Tarl said his tentacles squiggling in what other Khil would recognize as happiness, yet seemed to disturb most others.

"73 hours should be fine. Here's what I'm thinking Curovao and Ceru can you find a way to empty these buildings? I don't want any civilians feelings heroic when the bullets start flying, maybe say that it has to be emptied because of power problems. I'll leave the details to you two. Chissk, go with them and set up what you need when the folks are out. Decker, you and me are going to go buy a swoop and figure out how to crash the thing so no one gets hurt."

21. - Top - End - #51

Decker Sandburner

Nodding, "Sounds good Lt."

22. - Top - End - #52

Freyja Ceru

The Zeltron took a moment to ponder the possibilities of removing others from a building. A few ideas came to her, but one brought a certain joyous gleam to her eyes. "It should not be a problem to empty the building."
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!