New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Tales and OOTS Game Status

Good. For. You.

Evidently, my book is somewhere in the shipping mess.

I just recieved the order status update, though, and have replied. Here's hoping that my email with the recipt for my order, since I fall under none of those categories in the update, gets things moving for my book.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2011-08-16 at 11:05 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Apegamer has sent out the following email, in case any of you haven't seen it:

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer
    Almost all of the OOTS Dragon Tales pre-orders have shipped. The ones that have NOT shipped include:

1) You ordered the OOTS game or expansion. These orders will ship when the games arrive in our warehouse in 2-3 weeks. We can no longer split orders out and send your books separate. We simply don't have the bandwidth to do this.

2) Some APO-addressed orders haven't shipped.

3) Some international orders with unicode characters haven't shipped. We're having to hand-write these labels as our label printer is goofing up.

4) Orders placed after 8/3. It'll take us another day or two to catch up on these.

5) International customers may not receive their orders for up to four weeks - that's just the way customs works sometimes and there's nothing anyone can do about that.

PLEASE do not email us if you fall into one of these categories.

If you DO NOT fall into one of the above categories, then email [email protected] and we'll track down your order.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Unfortunately, I fall in neither of those 4 categories, yet have not received a shipping confirmation.
    Yes, I wrote Ookoodook with all relevant information and am waiting now for their reply.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

OK, just so everyone's clear: At this point, posting here will have absolutely no effect on when you get your book. The shipping manager is not checking this thread, and the whole thing has been entirely out of my hands for weeks. Heck, I'm halfway across the continent from the books.

If you don't have your shipping email and you don't fall into one of the categories above, don't post here, email the shipping manager. If they haven't gotten back to you yet, it's because they have a lot of emails to go through.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Am I upset? Nah, not at all. What I am is a little jealous, as there are four pages of juicy chat with occasional comments by the Giant himself sprinkled in, and I can't really join since I dont want to spoil it for myself.
    I had these concerns too, but having received my book yesterday, I find the chat thread about it is not really that juicy, so having to wait to read it didn't really make much difference.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I had forgotten that I had given a different e-mail to the one(s) I normally use, so it was with great surprise and pleasure that SS&DT came in the post this morning!

Halfway through reading it now - I am trying to go slowly, but it's so haaard!
    Caractacus

7. - Top - End - #337
    APE Games in the Playground

I'm not sure why some people never get their shipping emails. Check your spam filter. Also, Tina mentioned that she gets a lot of bounced emails from people - maybe they used a college address when placing the order?

Anyway, all but a few of the orders are out, as Rich mentioned below. This was by far the largest pre-order we've done, and it was Tina's first time - she just came on board in June! The process was not totally without problems - not the least of which she was put into the hospital for 5 days in the middle of the process. In all, I think she did a pretty commendable job.
    Owner of APE Games.

8. - Top - End - #338

AssassinGuy

Has anyone else from Canada (BC specifically) received their books?

I know the Giant said that international books might take several weeks more, but Canada isn't that far from the States, so I was didn't think that customs would delay it for the full extent, especially if the order was requested through priority mail at the time of ordering since April.

My email is showing that my order has been sent through the Sorting Process, and it has been stuck on that status ever since, showing that it is in Houston, despite words to the contrary. That said, I'm already aware that the tracking system link provided in the email is pretty faulty.

I'm not really upset, but it would relieve me if there was a sign of some sort that those in my region were getting their books or something like that.
    Last edited by Menarker; 2011-08-17 at 02:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339

Quote Originally Posted by Menarker View Post
    Has anyone else from Canada (BC specifically) received their books?

I know the Giant said that international books might take several weeks more, but Canada isn't that far from the States, so I was didn't think that customs would delay it for the full extent, especially if the order was requested through priority mail at the time of ordering since April.

My email is showing that my order has been sent through the Sorting Process, and it has been stuck on that status ever since, showing that it is in Houston, despite words to the contrary. That said, I'm already aware that the tracking system link provided in the email is pretty faulty.

I'm not really upset, but it would relieve me if there was a sign of some sort that those in my region were getting their books or something like that.
    Ontario here, not a book in sight. My tracking info says its way the hell in Texas for the last... two weeks? Two and a half. I have no idea whats going on. USPS has to be the most messed up delivery service I've had to date.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Gamgee View Post
    Ontario here, not a book in sight. My tracking info says its way the hell in Texas for the last... two weeks? Two and a half. I have no idea whats going on. USPS has to be the most messed up delivery service I've had to date.
    I'm in Vancouver, Menarker, but my package only shipped on Monday, so nothing yet.

Just in case, are you checking the tracking number against Canada Post's site? I think the shipping info on Ookoodook's site said the USPS doesn't track once it crosses the border.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamgee View Post
    They don't necessarily update it properly, so it probably isn't still in Texas. They are only guaranteed to update it when it is delivered.

On another note, the tracking info says my book has arrived, but unfortunately I'm in South Carolina .

12. - Top - End - #342

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Druness View Post
    I'm in Vancouver, Menarker, but my package only shipped on Monday, so nothing yet.

Just in case, are you checking the tracking number against Canada Post's site? I think the shipping info on Ookoodook's site said the USPS doesn't track once it crosses the border.
    While I appreciate the suggestion (I thought it would have worked), the Canada Post website doesn't have my shipping track number on record at all despite me having gotten an email saying it would have shipped on August 5th. (Although I know the accidents caused some orders to have been prepared with postage but not actually sent on their respective date.)
    Last edited by Menarker; 2011-08-17 at 04:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Druness View Post

If I understand right the USPS tracking will update once it is handed over to Canada, so Menarker's package won't have a Canadian tracking number until USPS is updated.

On an unrelated note, I had someone go to my house and get my book. According to him it came fine, but I won't be able to read it for a week.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My UPS said that my book is still in Houston even though I've already received it, so I suppose it's not really that trustworthy
    "A good way to get a decent person to do something horrible is to convince them that they're not responsible for their actions" - Director Cedrik - OOTS #640

"Geez! You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head!''
    _ "Where else would a crown go?"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
    My UPS said that my book is still in Houston even though I've already received it, so I suppose it's not really that trustworthy
    I'm the same. Not only does USPS tracking say it's still in Texas, Royal mail tracking has no record of it, and yet it's lying on my desk.

I wouldn't worry too much what the tracking says, it doesn't seem to be accurate at all.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    On an unrelated note, I had someone go to my house and get my book. According to him it came fine, but I won't be able to read it for a week.
    On a related note, your friend has probably read your book for you by now.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

17. - Top - End - #347

In that case I'll check my mail tomorrow. Canada Post most certainly doesn't have any sort of tracking on it. So it must mysteriously still be in Texas... not.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

18. - Top - End - #348
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LightsOnNo1Home View Post
    I'm the same. Not only does USPS tracking say it's still in Texas, Royal mail tracking has no record of it, and yet it's lying on my desk.
    Same here--I checked the tracking last night and it still said Houston, Royal Mail and Parcel Force had no record of it, yet it was waiting for me this morning at the office when I arrived after my 3 day break! Pretty good delivery time, actually--Houston on the 10th August to the UK in a week or less (since I don't know exactly what day it arrived).

19. - Top - End - #349

Got mine yesterday (USPS says "Processed through Sort Facility - August 10, 2011, 7:29 pm - Houston"), so it takes a week to Eastern Europe.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Got mine yesterday too, northern Europe. It would seem the USPS site is not very reliable for tracking.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anybody from an overseas APO address rceived their book? I'm in Korea, and haven't even seen my Shipping email... Just one email asking to confirm my APO Address.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

22. - Top - End - #352

BlackDragon

Has anybody from an overseas APO address rceived their book? I'm in Korea, and haven't even seen my Shipping email... Just one email asking to confirm my APO Address.
    The Giant said above:

That suggests it wouldn't mean anything even if some other APO people *had* got their book, since it says only some haven't shipped.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The Giant said above:

That suggests it wouldn't mean anything even if some other APO people *had* got their book, since it says only some haven't shipped.
    Yes, but it might give me a timeline on how long it takes from shipping to arrival. Especially if anyone else in Korea ordered the book.

I ordered an OotS book through Paizo, and in the end it took over a month from leaving Paizo's warehouse to reaching me. Since I ordered on the second or third day that pre-orders were announced, I wasnt really happy to find out that I had been kicked to the end of the shipping queue. But sometimes that's the way things work out.

People from Europe, Australia and Canada have been discussing their turnaround time without flack. I'd appreciate the same courtesy. Thanks.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

24. - Top - End - #354

NecromancerGuy

I personally ordered very early in the pre-order period, but actually never thought that that might have any influence in how soon my order might be out of the door. Never harboured any particular hopes about that, or felt that, because I was among the first to order, I would also be among the first to receive.

In any case, I am in the group of those who will get their orders shipped last (as I ordered a game expansion pack to be shipped together with the book). It's OK. I am in no hurry. If anything, it will make the moment when I actually hold the book in my hands sweeter.

Also, I was one of the people who ordered the very first book ever published by the giant during the first print run. Let me tell you, *THAT* was a messy situation. It took a very long time to get everything sorted out and a huge amount of people got very angry by the end.

Compared to that one, this book's particular snafu wasn't that bad. Although it might also be that my experience with the chaos that was the delivery of the first book has made me patient

I am pretty confident that, in the future, lessons will be learned from this situation, and things will be smoother.
    JoseB

o/` Ooooh, sweet mystery of liiiiiIIIIIiiife... o/`

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    On a related note, your friend has probably read your book for you by now.
    I don't think he'd get it if he did, he doesn't know anything about roleplaying games or webcomics (or any type of comics), and although he might still enjoy it if he read it I doubt he'd have any motivation to.

26. - Top - End - #356

DruidGuy

Just got my shipping email - so looks like they're finally getting to the end of the easy pre-orders.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Okay, Canadians, I just checked the USPS site and my box was listed as shipping through a sort facility in Chicago. Just on the off chance, I checked Canada Post with the same number and they told me that the box was transitting through customs.

I think either the Giant or Apegamer said that USPS tracks boxes better than envelopes, so don't give up hope. Anyway, good to know that the same number works in Canada Post's tracking.

28. - Top - End - #358

BlackDragon

People from Europe, Australia and Canada have been discussing their turnaround time without flack. I'd appreciate the same courtesy. Thanks.
    I intended no flak, I merely pointed out that the information might not be that useful.

29. - Top - End - #359

Got the book yesterday (Thurs. 18th). So far a very good read.

Exile

30. - Top - End - #360

I can't seem to receive an email answer from ookoodook. I know the chances of getting one here are thin, but that's what I'm left with now.
    And it's not just a "is my book sent yet" kind of answer: I changed my address, got no response, then after a month got an email saying they were shipping the book to me at the wrong answer and to tell them if there were any problems. I replied right away and told them "Yes, there are problems. I sent you an email about me moving one month ago". That also went unanswered.
    To top it all off, I haven't just left from college; I've moved permanently to a different country and will not just get the book a couple of months later when I go back to school.
    So... what should I do?
    Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books.
    E. G. Gygax

Lawful member of the Hinjo fanclub
    Treegrappler of the Durkon fanclub