New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    APE Games in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Tales and OOTS Game Status

Quote Originally Posted by silversaraph View Post
    Are the games available to people who didn't preorder, or is it a reservation thing?
    Yes, the games are certainly available to those who didn't pre-order.
    Owner of APE Games.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thanks to Rich and Kevin for the update. (That nonsense with the address stickers is cray-cray - what the hell does the publisher's contact info have to do with product testing? Sorry you had to deal with that, guys.) I look forward to reading the book, and playing an abbreviated game of Dungeon of Dorukan soon!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, this is hilarious. When I first pre-ordered, I was at school and had my shipping address there. Then I changed it to home when it became obvious that the delay was serious. Now I'm probably going to be back at school before this gets here.

Oh well, such is life. I'm not gonna change my address again, though.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

As a public service, I believe this is the concrete timeline, with dates rather than just day names, for the releases, since the verbal description above may still be a bit confusing to some:

July 27th: the printer ships the books to Ookoodook (the books leave the printer -- they do NOT arrive at Ookoodook on this date).

July 29th: the earliest date that the books might arrive at Ookoodook.

August 1st: another possible arrival date at Ookoodook.

August 1st to 2nd: first orders are shipped from Ookoodook. Shipping continues approximately through August 12th (not set in stone).

August 4th or 5th: probably the earliest a few preordered copies might be in the hands of those who ordered them (approximate, non-official).

August 19th: probably about the time when the last-shipped books will reach the people who bought them (about a week after the last books go out on August 12th) (approximate, non-official).
    Cruncher of the Kibbles of Wisdom

Avatar courtesy of Dashwood. Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kibble Sage View Post
    August 19th: probably about the time when the last-shipped books will reach the people who bought them (about a week after the last books go out on August 12th) (approximate, non-official).
    I don't really expect my copy to reach me by then. Shipping around the world takes more than a week (USA to Israel is about 2 weeks)
    I'd say that all of us getting them before Sept is a good estimate
    Al'tair avatar by Nevitan
    Starcraft II Europe - Cookie 647

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talshor View Post
    I don't really expect my copy to reach me by then. Shipping around the world takes more than a week (USA to Israel is about 2 weeks)
    I'd say that all of us getting them before Sept is a good estimate
    Good point. I was thinking in purely parochial terms of the U.S., where shipping to any location takes 3 to 4 days, and maybe 5 under extraordinary circumstances.

I shouldn't think that way, either, since I buy quite a few metal miniatures from England, so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with the international post.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground

Its nice to have a rough schedule for the book.

Just a little longer (jitters with excitement)
    All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room.
    -Blaise Pascal

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    -Martin luther king

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ummmm... I don't mean to be a fly in the ointment... but if I pre-ordered BOTH the book and the game in one order, does that mean I have to wait until the end of August to get them?

Respectfully...

POST: Please disregard... I found the answer elsewhere...
    Last edited by whitemane; 2011-07-22 at 04:28 PM.
    "I am a sexy shoeless god of war!!!" --OOTS #439

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Question: When do you guys think that retailers are going to be seeing the board game?

I've got to support my local game shop, don'tcha know.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Question: When do you guys think that retailers are going to be seeing the board game?

I've got to support my local game shop, don'tcha know.
    Stores will probably have the Deluxe game in early September. Of course the Shortening expansion will be only available through Ookoodook.com.
    Owner of APE Games.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer View Post
    To clarify further, the books should leave the printer next Wed. They'll be on a truck to the Ookoodook/APE warehouse until Fri or maybe Mon. Then we start shipping in earnest (unless Ernest has anything to say about it).
    It was clearly a mistake on your part to choose Conjuration as your banned school; otherwise you would have had this issue fixed through teleportation by now.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: One would think that this avenue of communication would be of sufficient value that people would avoid mucking it up and possibly causing its closure by reviving the...let's say "recent unpleasantness."

Rich does not need anyone to defend his recent actions nor does anyone need to defend their prior comments in regard to them. Please don't continue to argue about old news.

Let this thread be for communication about the books and games and that's it.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

When can overseas buyers expect their books?

I usually wait two weeks for stuff from Amazon, for instance.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

14. - Top - End - #104

Please do not place a pre-order for Dragon Tales if you want to pick it up at Gen Con - just buy the book there. It's more work for everyone if you pre-order - you placing the order, and us having to pull the order out, add it to our spreadsheet, refund shipping, etc.

Also, if you've not pre-ordered Dragon Tales, you don't need to email us telling us that you'd like to pick the book up at Gen Con.
    Owner of APE Games.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Any answer to my above question?

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    Any answer to my above question?
    Although I probably shouldn't answer this, since I am in no way "in the know", I would assume your guess of 2 weeks is a good one. My wife is from Eastern Europe, and it always took almost exactly 2 weeks for her to get a parcel from me (though it took anywhere from 5 days to a month for the mail to come in the opposite direction -- puzzling).

Also, I buy quite a few metal miniatures from England, and it takes about 10 days to two weeks to receive them in the United States.

So, 2 weeks is what I'm guessing -- from the moment it's sent out, of course. So I'm estimating you'll get it somewhere between mid-August and early September.

17. - Top - End - #107

If we pre ordered the book will we still be getting a shipping email once it ships from oodikrk? (Sorry on spelling)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCodRPGER View Post
    If we pre ordered the book will we still be getting a shipping email once it ships from oodikrk? (Sorry on spelling)
    Yes. In fact, only people who pre-ordered the book will be getting shipping emails.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Yes. In fact, only people who pre-ordered the book will be getting shipping emails.
    I'm not certain, but I think you might have misread the question (or maybe I'm the one doing the misreading, either of the question or your answer), but I think the word "still" refers to all the time that passed, not to the act of pre-ordering, which would be kind of silly (why would people who didn't preorder get an email? ).

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Great, this mean that my book will probably arrive in italy by the end of august.
    Once it is in italy, there's no way to know when (if) it will arrive to me. The italian mail sistem is not particularly reliable. I don't expect it before ooctober. Which mean that I will be back to work, and since i work abroad and only come home for vacation I will not read the book before christmas. AAAAAAAAAARG!

Note, this is not in any way a complain on rich or the ookoodook people. Just a pointless rant i wanted to make.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

21. - Top - End - #111

I have confirmation that the books left the printer last night and are on a truck heading for Ookoodook right now. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I have confirmation that the books left the printer last night and are on a truck heading for Ookoodook right now. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    So the books are now available for regular order and not just pre-order now? Excellent. Payday is in just a few short days. I don't know if I can contain my lust for the printed word that long, but I will at least try.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

23. - Top - End - #113

We won't be officially switching over to "order" and not "pre-order" until I get word that the books are in Ookoodook's hands.

Note that no "orders" will ship until all "pre-orders" have been fulfilled, which will put the processing time for new orders well above Ookoodook's usual 1-2 day turnaround.
    Rich Burlew

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's now official, I'm getting excited.

25. - Top - End - #115

Just got the word: The books have arrived at Ookoodook's warehouse undamaged. They're getting things set up in the warehouse now, and shipping pre-orders will begin 8:00 AM tomorrow morning.

This means that as of right now, pre-orders are closed. Any order placed now will not be eligible for GenCon pick-up (in order to avoid people placing orders now in order to "reserve" themselves a copy at GenCon) and will ship after all pre-orders are in the mail. I will make a formal News page announcement with the same information later tonight.
    Rich Burlew

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Joy oh joy! Now I just have to hope that the post office doesn't sabotage my happiness...
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

Currently playing as the Maya in GMR game #6.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Waiting patiently has now switched to dancing with anticipation.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer View Post
    If you're going to Gen Con and you want us to hold your book so that you can pick it up at the convention, let us know! Send an email to [email protected]. If we don't hear back before Tuesday, the 2nd, then we will ship your book as usual and you won't be able to pick it up at the convention. We will refund your shipping.
    What information do we need to provide in the e-mail? I presume a simple "Hey, I'd like to pick my preorder up at Gen Con" wouldn't do it, since you'd presumably need to verify the identity of the person to tell which order to cancel shipping on.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    What information do we need to provide in the e-mail? I presume a simple "Hey, I'd like to pick my preorder up at Gen Con" wouldn't do it, since you'd presumably need to verify the identity of the person to tell which order to cancel shipping on.
    Didn't you give them your e-mail when you ordered the book? Isn't that proof of identity?Maybe you need your order number? I don't know, I'm just offering ideas. Regardless I think you need to get that e-mail in quick, they are shipping soon.

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Kevin can give a more definitive answer if he sees this, but I would assume that your name and order number would be sufficient, as long as the email came from the email address listed on the order.

And yes, if you want to pick it up, you should get that email in soon. The offer to pick up at GenCon is voided once your book goes in the mail, and they started shipping a few hours ago.
    Rich Burlew