Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    Jensi winces sympathetically as Dastan and Tallox both are hit by their respective foes. Jensi hurries forwards to heal them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will move forwards 10 feet and use Channel Energy, excluding all enemies from its effects.

    Channel Energy: (1d6)[5]

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan barely flinches back from the Mastiff's brutal attack, then shouts, "I will deal with this beast! Do not let any of these criminals escape!" and makes his own vicious counterattack even as he channels his own divine energy to heal his wounds, augmenting the effects of Jensi's healing power.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Making an attack using Power Attack. Let's hope for more good rolls like last time. Also using Lay on Hands on myself as a Swift action to heal a further 1d6.

    Attack: (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Lay on Hands: (1d6)[4]

    Summary:
    HP: 13/20
    AC: 18, Touch 10, FF 18
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9

    Edit: likely a hit, but for minimum damage. Oh well, it shouldn't be able to take too many more hits like this. The Lay on Hands turned out pretty well too; altogether a nicely successful Round.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2011-08-07 at 10:49 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Aldrin tries to identify which spell had been scribed within that scroll, but hastily has to draw his attention back to combat. Not that he was much help anyway, with the group's near-suicidal plan, which seem to involve not having the powerful casters able to-

    Okay, not the time for that. I suppose all I can do is try to keep the others busy.

    His hands glow a shade of lavender, and he targets his spell toward the guard woman Kalinda had shot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft to indentify the spell that had been used: (1d20+5)[13]

    Daze, DC 15 will
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-08-08 at 05:10 PM.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Atavian's fear that the battle will be fierce is enough to force him to focus intently on his eidolon's condition. His presence is extremely valuable; his disappearance is something that can't be allowed to happen. The halfling is focusing on the beyonder so strongly that can feel the sword bite into his eidolon. His focus goes beyond concern into true empathy. Below his skin, the halfling begins to feel the pain, he can feel the blood flowing internally, even as he watches Tallox bring the assault to the guardswoman with claws and bite. The monster's orange eyes betray no fear, no hesitation, no guilt.

    His nascent wounds heal almost the whole way and Tallox's injuries vanish entirely as Jensi's healing spread over them. Atavian feel reinvigorated and is about to daze Tallox's target, but the sorcerer beats him to it. The halfling jumps forward, lowers to one knee, raises his crossbow and, firing around Dastan, launches the loaded bolt at the huge dog. He quickly reloads the bow in case he needs it again soon.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian:
    Daze Guard: DC 14
    5 ft step (to where Jensi was)
    Fire bow and load
    See later post for attack and damage

    Tallox:
    Bite: (1d20+6)[7]+1 Dam: (1d6+4)[8]
    L Claw: (1d20+6)[8]+1 Dam: (1d4+4)[7]
    R Claw: (1d20+6)[26]+1 Dam: (1d4+4)[5] Edit: if 17 hits, 11 damage

    FYI, I am going to be splitting most damage dealt to Tallox (if Atavian is out of combat). It makes the most sense to take full advantage of healing. Unfortunately, with the delay from new post to my post, I may not declare it until after I'm healed.


    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 18/18. AC: 21 (17+4 mage armor), 11 Touch, 20 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +4 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +3 Will.

    Atavian
    HP: 19/20. AC: 16, 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +4 Will.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-08-08 at 05:27 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda
    Hearing the footsteps, the young gunslinger laments that she isn't a spellcaster.

    "I think he's invisible! Someone should go after him!"

    Even as she shouts this she reloads her pistol and fires again at the guardswoman.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack vs Touch AC (-4 for firing into combat): (1d20+2)[3]
    Damage: (2d4+1)[4]


    Listen check to figure out in which direction he is running away?

    Listen: (1d20+2)[16]

    EDIT: Uh oh, I think my gun just jammed! Good thing I have two...
    Last edited by King Tius; 2011-08-08 at 07:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters

    My Games
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Wrath of the Righteous I - Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Upon the disappearance of the cloaked figure, time comes to a halt as Rennard examines his options

    Breaking it down his situation to its basic components, the duelist could either

    - Pursue the cloaked figure. Depending on which spell had been cast, it was possible that the invisibility would only last brief seconds and that Rennard could catch the masked man and knock him out. This implied leaving his allies to their fate against 3 other combatants, but it could lead to uncovering this conspiracy right here and right now, cutting the rotten bud before it could infect the tree

    -Joining the fray. If Rennard capitalized on Atavian's spell and was capable of knocking out Vancaskerkin, the rogue captain could be interrogated and the same information could be unveiled. This plan was more conservative, not leaving the rest of the party to fight on their own. But if the cloaked man escaped and Vancaskerkin took the same suicidal approach as his subordinates, this option could lead to a complete failure on the larger picture

    The best way to make this decision was trying to figure out what spell had been cast and what were the chances of chasing the cloaked man
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+1)[21]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+9)[12]
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-08-08 at 03:59 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Aldrin and Atavian
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neither of you can identify the spell.


    Atavian and Jensi
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming you guys would want to identify it too, so I've rolled for you, since it isn't really a combat action. It is the spell invisibility.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-08-08 at 04:59 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Atavian Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    Att: (1d20+1)[10] (+4 +1 bless -4 into melee)
    Damage: (1d6)[1]

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda! Aldrin! Atavian! Prepare your spells to strike at any window that opens! The mastermind has no options but to escape through one of them! Shouts the duelist to his companions, realizing that his blade would be better served in bringing Vancaskerkin down for later interrogation.

    Taking advantage of the effect produced by Atavian's spell, Rennard makes full use of his training in both sword and sorcery: While slashing with Reve on his right hand, the magus' left hand starts tracing arcane symbols, at the end of which a ray of cold azure is directed at the dazed opponent

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Spell Combat
    Cast Ray of Frost
    RangedTouch - (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage - (1d3)[1]
    5-foot step towards Vancaskerkin, attack trying to deal non-lethal damage (not sure if it is still considered flat-footed since he hasn't acted yet)
    Attack - (1d20+1)[17]
    [roll=Damage]1d6+2[roll]EDIT=8 (see OoC)


    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=20/20, AC=17, Arc. Pool=1/7
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-08-08 at 10:56 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan's second swing of his longsword batters the great dog to the ground, slicing into its neck. With a final, frenzied yelp, it goes silent, dark blood flowing from its wounds.

    Kalinda's pistol jams as she fires towards the guardswoman.

    Jensi channels Shelyn's power to heal his allies, whose wounds knit together, rejuvenating them with new energy.

    Tallox's swipe tears out the guardswoman's throat in a vicious movement. Gurgling, she drops like a bloodied stone. Atavian's crossbow shot goes wide.

    Aldrin, who had pointed his finger towards the now-dead guard, lets loose his magic upon Vancaskerkin. The treacherous man is stunned, his mind reeling from the assault upon it.

    Rennard sends a jet of frost towards Vancaskerkin, sending a searing pain up the man's arm as it makes contact. The duelist then lunges forward, but his mercy ends up being his undoing: in dulling his attack, the ex-guard is able to parry it away. However, his counter-attack is clumsy, and finds no way around Rennard's defenses.

    Kalinda's attempts to listen for the sounds of invisible footsteps becomes redundant, as the hooded man reappears. He is standing beside the windowed wall, waving another scroll. He then begins to ascend the sheer face of it with blinding speed; he is almost at the top, scuttling up it with hands and legs.

    Atavian, Jensi, and Aldrin
    Spoiler
    Show
    He has used a scroll of spider climb.


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Rennard realizes that splitting his energies will not be enough to bring this enemy down. With the cloaked man escaping, capturing Vancaskerkin was becoming more crucial

    Atavian! Aldrin! Both of you try dazing the mastermind! indicates the fencer, hoping that the double teaming will stop him from escaping

    Even without looking away from his opponent, the duelist knows the positions of all his companions. Dastan was too far for Rennard to provide him with any strategic advantage...

    On the other hand... Thinks the magus

    Tallox! We need to take this man alive! cries the fencer to the outsider. Hoping that the creature would refrain his killing urges, the fencer moves and attacks with his blade trying to force Vancaskerkin to turn his back to the eidolon

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step up, giving Tallox a straight line and a flank
    Attack trying to deal non-lethal
    Attack - (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[3]


    Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=20/20, AC=17, Arc. Pool=1/7
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-08-09 at 09:39 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    Jensi silently agrees with Rennard. With the strange cloaked man now fleeing up the wall, beyond any of their reach, the blonde man - Vancaskerkin, Jensi supposes - seems the only way to unravel the mysteries. All the death caused here, it must be for something. At least, the youth thinks, we don't have to add to it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on Dastan, +1 to hit.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    "If you've got arrows, use them!" Atavian shouts as he fires his bow at the climbing man. He then reloads his bow.

    Tallox did not understand mortals. Why are they so flimsy? Why try to take them alive if they just die so easily? Still, Atavian expressed similar sentiments before, so he decided to listen to the man. With a pause, then a sigh, then finally a dash, he sprints at the flank of the target. The central parts are where these things die easiest so... With a sudden motion, his jaws snap to clamp down on the man's forearm.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]

    Tallox (charging):
    Attack: (1d20+7)[18] (+1 bless +2 flank +2 charge - 4 NL)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]


    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 18/18. AC: 19 (17+4 mage armor-2 charge), 11 Touch, 20 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +4 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +3 Will.

    Atavian
    HP: 19/20. AC: 16, 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +4 Will.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-08-09 at 09:50 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda
    Dropping her jammed pistol, she rushes towards the fall wall, drawing her second pistol as she does so. Aiming at the man climbing the wall, she squints her eye and bites on her tongue as she lines up her shot.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action: Drop 1st Pistol
    Move Action: Move forward 5, diagonally up and to the right one on the map, draw 2nd Pistol
    Standard Action: Attack climbing guy!
    Pistol Attack vs Touch AC: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (2d4+1)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters

    My Games
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Wrath of the Righteous I - Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    A jolt of lighting flies forth from Aldrin's fingers, heading straight for the climbing man.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[23] vs touch.
    (1d3)[1] damage
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan turns away from his defeated foe and sees Rennard leaving his battle with the stunned man named Vancaskerkin and moves quickly to bring the stunned man down before he can regain his wits. He charges into the battle and aims the pommel of his sword carefully, doing his best to knock his opponent out rather than kill him. "The hound is dead! I will handle this one; you should all focus on the cloaked one." He may only be parroting Rennard's sentiments, but it's always useful to inform your allies of the situation.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charging at Vancaskerkin and taking a -4 on my Attack roll to deal nonlethal damage. No Power Attack, for the moment.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[22] (+1 Bless, +1 Guidance, +2 Charge, -4 Nonlethal
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

    Summary:
    HP: 13/20
    AC: 18, Touch 10, FF 18
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Rennard's blade is deftly parried by Vancaskerkin, and Tallox's charge is sidestepped at the last minute. Dastan too moves forwards aggressively, aided by Jensi's blessing, the flat of his sword bashing across Vancaskerkin's chain-covered chest. He grunts with pain.

    Kalinda, Aldrin, and Atavian meanwhile open fire at the cloaked figure as he effortlessly ascends the wall. Atavian's crossbow bolt shatters against the stone wall a few feet from the climber, but Kalinda's bullet hits him in the arm, while Aldrin's jolt of lightning makes him shudder.

    But then he is up and over the wall, out of view...

    Vancaskerkin curses. "Coward! Well, you won't take me without a fight, you bastards!" He swings his blade towards Dastan, but it does not make contact. Then he retreats backwards, putting his back up against one of the stables.

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-08-10 at 07:05 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Tallox steps along with the man. Maintaining the senseless pacifism the mortal's requested, he whips at the man with the backs of his claws. Then tries to bite the man's wrist again.

    Atavian hastily grabs Kalinda's arm, "let's get to the roof, maybe we can spot him from there." At that the halfling begins to run down the passageway.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox:
    Att: (1d20+5)[24] (6+2 Flank +1 bless -4 nl) Dam: (1d4+4)[5]
    Att: (1d20+5)[22] Dam: (1d4+4)[8]
    Att: (1d20+5)[21] Dam: (1d6+4)[7]
    Edit: Whoa! That's more like it, Tallox!
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-08-10 at 08:55 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda nods to the halfing and takes off after him, stopping quickly to pick up her jammed pistol and holster it. She quickly catches up to the halfling and keeps pace with him, using her longer stride to snatch a few seconds here or there to reload her good pistol and clear out her jammed one.

    "Lead the way! Hopefully he hasn't gone far."

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    I know I just posted a bazilion actions at once, but that's Kalinda's general plan as she goes. Not sure if you're going to fast-forward us up to the roof or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters

    My Games
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Wrath of the Righteous I - Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan continues his assault, pulling his blows to try and avoid killing the man who is now their only lead. "If that is how you feel, I suppose I'll oblige you. How heinous must your crimes be, that you all prefer death to facing responsibility?" It seems that the Paladin is feeling a little more philosophical now that there is only a single enemy to face, as he continues his dialogue even as he fights.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll five-foot-step to bring myself back adjacent to him and make a standard attack against Vancaskerkin, again taking a -4 penalty to deal nonlethal damage.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[5]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

    Summary:
    HP: 13/20
    AC: 18, Touch 10, FF 18
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9

    Edit: Well, I suppose my good luck had to run out eventually. I guess it's not easy to fight and monologue at the same time?
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2011-08-11 at 01:04 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Rennard continues his attack, no longer speaking while he concentrates on bringing down his opponent

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step up (gives Tallox flanking. Since I think that the flanking +2 was incorporated into his attack, I will not add it to Rennard's)
    Attack - (1d20+4)[8](+7 +1 spell -4 NL)
    Damage - (1d6+2)[8]
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-08-11 at 05:44 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    Jensi spins around, looking frantically between Kalinda and Atavian, who pursue the fleeing figure, and the rest of his companions battling Vancaskerkin, unsure of where he is needed more. In the end, the youth decides to stay - just in case they hurt the blonde guard, there's been enough killing today - but not before sending a blessing in the gunslinger's direction.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guidance on Kalinda - if she gets a shot at the man within one minute, it'll be at +1.

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Aldrin follows Atavian and Kalinda, hoping that they would be able to corner the man before he gets too far.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Seeing half his foes flee, Vancaskerkin allows himself a brief laugh, made louder and more obnoxious by the fact that, even armoured, he nimbly dances away from Dastan and Rennard's twin attacks. His own counter-attack finds its way between a crack in the paladin's armour, but the wound is not deep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5 damage to Dastan.


    Vancaskerkin stops laughing very quickly as Tallox strides into the fray, tearing several deep gashes in the deserter-leader's armour and flesh. The man still stands, but more shakily than before.

    Kalinda, Aldrin, and Atavian run at full speed back up the passageway. They are going as quickly as they can, though Atavian's shorter stature proves to make keeping up with his long-legged friends difficult. Still, it will take at least a quarter-minute before the trio can reach the roof.

    Spoiler
    Show
    For simplicity's sake, I'll say you have one more round of movement, and then on the round after that you'll be on the roof.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-08-12 at 10:05 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan reels back from the strike for a moment, then smiles. "Well struck, but you'll need more than that to bring me down." He quickly shifts position to bring himself into a flanking position with Rennard then counterattacks with a strike to the man's legs, hoping to finally bring him down. Meanwhile, his injuries again slowly begin to knit themselves together with a slight white glow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    5-foot-step to brink myself into a Flanking position, then make a standard attack (Lethal damage this time, he's taken a ton of nonlethal so barring a crit there should be no chance of him dying from this) and use my Swift action to Lay-on-hands myself again. Only one left.

    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
    Lay on Hands: (1d6)[6]

    Summary:
    HP: 14/20
    AC: 18, Touch 10, FF 18
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2011-08-13 at 02:12 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, I forgot it was only 100 ft.


    Atavian suddenly remembers that he is moving too far from Tallox. When their connection fades, the backlash the beyonder receives is too much and deals him grievous wounds. He saw how that battle was going, Rennard and Dastan would surely drop the man soon. Atavian stops dead in the tunnel and shouts, "go on ahead!" to Kalinda and Aldrin. He runs back to the courtyard and dismisses Tallox.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If The man still stands Tallox will hit him NL again.
    Bite: (1d20+5)[24] Dam: (1d6+4)[8]
    L Claw: (1d20+5)[22] Dam: (1d4+4)[5]
    R Claw: (1d20+5)[16] Dam: (1d4+4)[7]

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan does not pull his blows this time, and his blade repays blood for blood. Then Tallox ends the fight, the beyonder crashing into Vancaskerkin and knocking the man to the floor. He is out cold, bleeding but still alive.

    Meanwhile, Aldrin and Kalinda rush to the roof, scrabbling up the ladder from which Atavian recently descended. From the flat roof, the pair has an excellent view of the city. Night has now fallen, and a crescent moon illuminates the shingled rooftops of Korvosa. Some buildings are burning, and plumes of black smoke obscures the stars. Still, in the moon- and flickering firelight, a solitary figure can be seen dashing across the roofs. He is at least two hundred feet away, and a second later he takes a jump, and falls out of view.

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Quickly, we need to disarm and bind him says the fencer as he pushes Vancaskerkin's sword away from the fallen man with his foot.

    Dastan, Jensi and I can take care of him. Go after the others! the duelist says to the paladin. The magus turns then to the young oracle Jensi, would you help me search this man? I would like to make sure he cannot take his own life once he realizes we've taken him prisoner.

    Rennard then proceeds to search the man exhaustively, trying to make sure that no weapons (or anything that could be used by the prisoner to kill himself) are hidden in his person.

    The fencer looks around the courtyard, trying to see if there are any chains or ropes usually used for cattle that can be used to secure the prisoner. If he doesn't, he'll try using some rope he carries with him to bind the prisoner's arms and legs


    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search Vancaskerkin. If possible, take 20 (Rennard has +1 to Perception)
    Tie Vancaskerkin. If possible, take 20 (don't know which Skill is appropriate, but Rennard has Dex +3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    If either of these rolls cannot be a take 20, please go ahead and roll them for me

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    "Do you really think he would try to do that - kill himself, I mean?" Jensi asks the duelist, horrified and curious at the same time. Then, just as quickly, his expression softens as he looks down at the unconscious man. "That's so sad. What he's done here, it's horrible, but to want to kill yourself..." Jensi's eyes linger over Vancaskerkin, concern and confusion playing across his face, before turning skywards.

    Is it bad to feel compassion for him?

    Whom among mortals can say what has befallen this man, what desperation drove him to this point? To care for your fellow creatures is no sin.


    Jensi looks back down again. He quietly helps Rennard search the unconscious man, before turning his attention to Vancaskerkin's wounds. The youth gingerly bandages them; even though they weren't deep, it seemed cruel to leave the prisoner bruised and bleeding.

    "Okay," he says to the duelist. "I can make him better whenever we're ready. But maybe we should wait for the others first?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Rennard can't take a 20, you can roll a search check for Jensi as well.

    Heal: [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2011-08-13 at 08:02 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Aldrin mutters something under his breath, then responds to Jensi, "I don't think he's dead. If he can vanish and climb walls, then he probably had something prepared for this."

    As exhaustion sets in, Aldrin rubs his temples tiredly. "Let's take this man back to the Marshall. I won't be much help in a search party, so I'd rater acompany you back than go wandering the streets at night for one of many bodies."
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •