New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

With so many others doing the talking, Kalinda is tempted to hang back and keep quiet as she usually does. Once the others have given their account of what transpired, she pipes up:

"The city is still going crazy. Is there something more pressing you'd have us do while we try and figure out who that man was?"
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kroft nods curtly. "A pity the ringleader couldn't be caught, but no matter - you were given no intel regarding his presence, and his capture was not an objective. I'll have my men set about interrogating Vancaskerkin as soon as can be done. He'll be on trial in a few days, I'd wager, and a day more before the execution, if you'd care to watch either."

To Kalinda's question, she shakes her head. "You're competent, I'll give you that, but you're not indefatigable. The riots are dying down anyways, so take an opportunity to get some rest."

She clears her throat. "I also said I'd reward good work, and I prefer to keep my word. Lieutenant?"

The Field Marshal's aide steps forwards, holding a hefty purse for each of you.

-------------------------------

The Korvosan Guard makes space for you all in the barracks, where you're able to get a much needed night's sleep. In the morning, as the sun rises, the guards outside are heard cheering at the Field Marshal's announcement that the worst of the rioting is over, and the city's state of emergency has been ended by the Queen.

Spoiler
    Show
    You each have been rewarded with 300 gp. As well, at this point I'm opening things up for some free RP: if there's anyone you'd like to visit, or if you'd like to talk to each other, or have an internal monologue, now's the time. When you're done, Kroft might have another task for you, and there's still the Queen's amulet to deal with.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard wakes up with a jump, not recognizing his surroundings. It takes him a moment to remember last night's events and how he had ended up in the Citadel's barracks, surrounded by this group of people...

Once everything falls into place, another though crept into the duelist's mind, surprising him even more than the unfamiliar surroundings

He had slept.

He barely remember going to the bed, and he could not remember sleeping this well since.... many many years.

He is dead the fencer thinks to himself. Realizing that Lamn is no more

As it to check that it was not a dream, the fencer quickly rolls out of the bed and rummages through his belongings (who he did not remember putting there either). He finds what he is looking for immediately: Reve, his father's sword

Father, I will carry the name of Balmont with pride the magus whispers

Nodding to whoever is awake and avoiding to wake up whoever is not, the fencer steps out of the barracks and itno the nearest courtyard, were he proceeds to go through his morning routine of parries, feints and lunges

The blade is your daughter, your mother and your lover the Maestro had said. Go back to them as soon as you are able

His morning training finished, Rennard goes back to where the others are. He has never been good with words, but he nonetheless feels a certain kinship with these people that at least makes him want to try

We worked well together yesterday. I feel that there are still many unanswered questions. I'd like to find some answers. I would.... like... for all of us to work together. the last part is said with uncertainty, as if the fencer was not used to expressing his feelings

Going back to a more pragmatic tone, the duelist continues
    The Gold Market is Close, we could try to sell what we found on Lamn's hideout there and maybe we can purchase any gear we might need. Afterwards, it might be useful to visit Zellara's house once again. But I would be willing to assist any of you if you have different plans

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, Gods, am I sore...

Aldrin's first thought in the morning is not a pleasant one. He slowly crawls out of bed, becoming fully aware of the various aches and pains ailing him, both physical and mental. After a moment of stretching, the sorcerer slinks over to the nearest washroom, mumbling a weak "Morning" to anyone he encounters on the way.

When he goes to the wash basin to clean off his face, he frowns at his reflection. His face is stretched thin, dark circles form around his ember-colored eyes, and greasy black hair falls down almost to his shoulders. It's almost as if he's looking at a stranger, because Aldrin has changed a lot in the recent years, especially after yesterday's events.

He stares at the reflection for a few more moments in disbelief, then abruptly leaves the room. His reflection was becoming too depressing to watch.

Aldrin arrives at the Citadel's main entrance, just in time to hear Rennard address the group. With a smile, he responds to the fencer's ideas, "Ah, so yesterday wasn't just a night of fun before you vanish. Wonderful. I suggest heading off to the market first. It will be a useful opportunity for us to buy, sell, and most importantly, eat. I must say, it is nice to have the money to actually make any meaningful transactions there. Can't remember the last time that was the case."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-08-31 at 07:58 PM.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jensi

Jensi wakes up early the next morning. He feels different somehow, freer. It takes him a moment to remember why.

Life without Gaedren, he thinks. He quietly pushes open the barracks door, not wanting to wake his new friends, and exits onto one of the Citadel's ramparts. He shivers slightly against the cool morning air. The air smells sweeter, the sky looks clearer, even the sounds of the city waking up sound happier. Or maybe it's just in my head. Either way, Jensi watches the sun rising over Korvosa, feeling more at peace than he has in a long time.

You did well. You have done much for the people of your city already.

I don't know, I had lots of help. I mean, it wasn't even me mostly. It was Aldrin and Dastan and Rennard and Kalinda and Atavian and his weird friend Tallox.

You had your part to play, whether you see it or not. But there is still much to do...

Jensi returns inside, looking vacantly at his companions, who are now awake and in conversation. He listens, at first looking confused - Rennard had even considered the possibility of simply leaving his friends? - then smiling brightly.

"The market sounds like fun," Jensi says, happy the party doesn't intend to go its separate ways. "It could also be nice to see Amin. He said he might give us something for saving him." The youth appears to have quite forgot the nobleman's earlier rudeness.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan rolls out of bed largely refreshed, having fallen asleep nearly as soon as his armour came off. After waking, he nods his head to acknowledge the others and leaves the room to make his daily prayers to Iomedae, slightly later than is his habit. Two more evils ended, but still the darkness is strong in this city. Please, Swordlight, reveal my path. When he returns, he is wearing simple, inexpensive brown clothing not dissimilar to those worn by local craftsmen, and immediately begins to don his armour again; he rarely travels anywhere unarmed. As he shrugs into the padded surcoat and begins tightening the straps of his breastplate, he replies to Rennard. "I would be glad to continue working with you. My efforts to help this city were largely ineffective on my own, but last night we did more than I could have hoped. I would not mind stopping at the market; it has been a long time since my last meal, and if I must take the Marshal's coin I might as well put it to good use. Perhaps we should make inquiries with your associate as well, Rennard, on behalf of the orphans we freed from Lamm?" When he finishes with the straps on his armour he begins rifling through his leather pack, making sure that all of his other equipment is still in one piece, and quickly counts his coins, wondering how best to employ them.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

At Aldrin's mention of food, Kalinda rubs her stomach and nods. "A hot meal would be nice, wouldn't it? I've got nowhere to go home to, so would you mind if I tagged along with you? What we're doing is heavy stuff, but it's the first time I've felt useful since Father died."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing the other's responses, Rennard summarizes

It would seem that everyone agrees that the Gold Market should be our first stop. After that, we might want to spread out in smaller groups to cover all our targets in a more efficient manner.

As a precaution, let's decide on a location to regroup if we are separated: I think our best options are either here or Zellara's house, where we all met for the fist time. I would incline for the latter, for it is a more... discreet location

Unless someone disagrees, the duelist will start his way out of the Citadel and towards the Market

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin shakes his head and adds, "Which means we would stand out more. No, we'll meet up at the Citadel - though a bit more obvious, it is the best and safest place we have for a private conversation."

Not even bothering to ask what anyone else has to say on the matter, Aldrin exits the Citadel gates, and heads off in the direction of Gold Market.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

10. - Top - End - #400

The Gold Market is open, but a veritable legion of guards patrol it, hoping to deter the looters of yesterday. Some of the wealthier storefronts have even hired sellswords, who grimly stand in doorways glaring at armed passer-bys.

The pavement is littered with all manner of debris, but industrious servants and shopkeepers are assaulting it with brooms, shovels, and buckets of water.

The Market itself is a massive expanse of small buildings and even more numerous stalls, all painted in vibrant shades of every colour imaginable. Aromas of tempting treats and satisfying meals waft up from the stalls, as there are audible cries of vendors hawking trinkets of every variety. At the far end of the Gold Market sits Eodred's Walk, a semi-circular street of fourteen grander shops, visible over all the others.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming you're going to sell your accumulated loot. If so, you'll each get 200 gp (keeping things simple).

If anyone is interested in buying, you can find anything costing 1,000gp or less. Because there's been looting during the riots, though, supplies are scarce, so they'll cost you 10% more than the listed price. You can roll a diplomacy or intimidate check to try and reduce this.

11. - Top - End - #401

Jensi

Jensi likes the Gold Market. So many sounds, tastes, textures, colours, all in one place. He could, and had, gotten lost, both literally and figuratively, many times there. He enthusiastically points out various stalls to his companions - Qadiran perfumeries ("Smelling nice would too be useful when we meet the Queen"), clockwork toyshops ("Oh, wouldn't it be nice if one of us had children so we could visit? Hey, Dastan, maybe we should find your niece, so we can buy one. For her."), a Tien silk store ("Aldrin, you won't have to look like a beggar anymore! Ooh, maybe you could buy those robes and look like an emperor!") and even ones selling hair accoutrements ("Kalinda, the nice lady at this one says she could even make you look pretty with these ribbons - isn't that great!").

Jensi has nothing to purchase here, so he wiles away the time with similar antics while his companions shop.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

As Aldin thinks about what he needs to purchase, he thinks back on what would have been helpful in yesterday's enounters. He didn't want to admit it, but his powers were limited, and he needs both to limit when he uses his abilities, and have a back-up for when he does.

Despite his heavy thoughts, Aldrin is enjoying himself. The fresh air combined with the powerful scents of Gold Market were heavenly compared to the recent encounter in the butcher's shop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aldrin wants to buy a scroll of Obscuring Mist (50g) and a potion of Cure Light Wounds (50g). He'd also like to buy some nicer clothes (??g). Here's an intimidate check to see if he can get the price lowered: (1d20+10)[28]

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard makes his way to the more arcane section of the market. He had been here a few times since he had received the spellbook that was left for him by his mother. After comparing the notes inscribed in his pages with the more traditional wizardry spells, he had found ways of adapting certain spells into his fusion of sword and magic.

After last night, the duelist had realized that very little in his arsenal was able to deal with either pursuits or taking prisoners. The magus, intent on filling this gap, informs his companions of his intentions briefly and then encloses himself in the magic shops to begin his research.

But before he leaves, he asks a favor of the young oracle Jensi, could you do me a favor and purchase a healing potion for me? Last night I used my last source of healing on Captain Soldado.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Jensi agrees, Rennard will give him 55gp, just in case

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian spent more time with Tallox than he ever had last night. It actually had gone rather well. Tallox generally even obeyed the him. Still, he was overjoyed to be free of his presence for the moment. Leaving Rennard and the others at the arcane section, he heads off to a far more important purpose.

For the first time since before he was framed for murder, he had money - and a lot of it. While the others entertained themselves, he wandered off - alone - to a very nice restaurant. The halfling ordered a seven course meal. Lamb shenks, salmon, bread, honey, wild berry jellies, fine wine and mead - he sat and ate alone for nearly two hours. Finally, drunk on wine and engorged near the point of bursting, the halfling rises sleepily and wanders off to the market to find Rennard again.

Spoiler
    Show
    He pays a platinum for a truly excellent meal.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-09-05 at 12:35 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405

Jensi

Jensi looks at the coin Rennard gives him with awe, as if it might suddenly make some marvelous transformation. He looks from the small pouch of gold to the duelist. "Oh I will, I'll get that potion, thank-you, thank-you-thank-you! Nobody's ever trusted me enough to give me gold!" Being Varisian in Korvosa worked like that sometimes - you had no coin of your own, and no one else would dare let you near theirs.

The oracle races off to the nearest potion stand. He looks inquisitively at Aldrin as the sorcerer bullies the merchant into lowering the price on a potion. As his friend leaves the stand, Jensi approaches, smiling at the harried merchant. "I'd like to buy a healing potion for my friend," Jensi says. "It's pretty important I think, since he used his last one to save this really nice guard during the riots while we were trying to save the city! So it would be nice if I could get it for him without using up all his coin."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[24] (+1 if charming trait applies)
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan immediately heads for the nearest shop that advertises weaponry, intent on dealing with the important business before sitting down to eat. Before they split up, he tells his companions, "I will be searching for a new blade, if you need me. Good luck finding what you need." With that, he begins his own search.

Dastan isn't afraid to spend all morning searching and he spends at least ten minutes in every shop that sells weapons, inspecting their merchandise and analyzing its quality. Once he's looked through every shop, he returns to whichever impressed him the most. "Greetings, blade-seller. My own sword has served me well, but I find it time to replace it with a newer, sharper blade. Your own weapons are clearly of superior craftsmanship, and I was hoping that you could assist me."

Spoiler
    Show

Essentially, I'm looking to buy a Masterwork Longsword. Dastan would be quickly drawn to something bearing the iconography of Iomedae, but since she's not exactly well-known around Korvosa I don't expect to find anything like that. Besides, Dastan and Rennard can work together to make cosmetic modifications like that quite easily later on.

The cost should be 315 GP, or 346.5 if he fails this Diplomacy check.

Diplomacy to avoid price hikes: (1d20+10)[16]

17. - Top - End - #407

The party goes about its business in the marketplace.

Atavian treats himself to a fancy (and very large, even by human standards) meal. His generous tip has his server smiling and directing the stumbling, drunken halfling back towards the market-proper, where the rest of his allies wait.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yum.

The wrinkled old herbalist to whom Jensi directs his speech smiles benignly at it. "Oh isn't that nice, deary. It's so good to see everyone working together when things get rough." She holds the healing potion very close to her eyes, squinting to make sure that it is what it seems to be. Then she hands it over to the young oracle.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 healing potion purchased for normal price.

Aldrin is quickly able to find those items that he needs. His way with words, or perhaps his simple presence, which demands respect, results in none of the merchants even attempting to charge him more than usual for their goods.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scrolls purchased for normal price. For clothing, look here (scroll down to c): http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---...s-and-services

A dwarf with a singed beard greets Dastan in the doorway of his forge. "Come in, lad! Master Anvilborr will have ye a shinin' new blade ta slice up whoe'er ye thinks needs ta be sliced!" He shows you through a selection of masterfully crafted weapons, and you are quickly able to find one that fits your general specifications.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masterwork sword purchased for normal price. If you'd like the symbol of Iomedae on it, you could commission the blacksmith for a bit more.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Coming out of his seclusion inside one of the magical shops, Rennard makes his way around the market to find his companions and decide on the next step

Now that we have what we need, we should decide on our next step the duelist says once everyone is gathered.

Turning to the paladin, the magus continues Dastan, you mentioned paying a visit to the orphans. I would want to check on them again and see if we can convince them to come with us.

The fencer pauses for a second, as if deciding something If they agree to come with us, we can lead them to the Orisini Academy, where I can speak to my master about making arrangements for them.

Talking to everyone once again, Rennard says Anyone that wants to join us is welcomed. Since we are heading to Old Korvosa, we might be able to go by Zellara's house and investigate once we take care of the other business

Another pressing matter would be going back to the butcher's shop and see if there were any clues left that we missed during the night.

It might be more efficient if we split our forces to tackle all our targets quickly, but there is strength in numbers, so I will leave that decision to each of you

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin slowly shakes his head at Rennard's suggestions.

"Again with the orphans? Well if you insist, I'm not going to stop you; I suppose little harm can come from that. I must, however, protest strongly to the redundant visit to the Butcher's Shop. Though not incredibly likely, there is a chance whoever was in charge of that operation is waiting for our return to ambush us... no, searching the place a second time is best-suiting for some of Kroft's men - the low ranking ones."

He turns his gaze toward Jensi, and continues, "As for investigating Zellara's house, I get the feeling we won't find out much more information that if we simply consulted with her ourselves. We are able to do that aren't we?"

Deciding that he should probably suggest a course of action, rather than soley pointing out the flaws in Rennard's, he finishes, "As for what we should do, I suggest first seeing if Kroft has any further assignments for us. Having money is nice for a change, especially if it's as a result of helping this city. Perhaps her men have already found something out about the men in the Butcher's Shop from the man they interrogated... that would be far more helpful than if we did grunt work like searching the whole damn place a secondt time."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-09-06 at 04:01 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian's cheeks are red, and a slight glaze rest over his eyes, as he says emphatically, "we might want to be getting that... jewelry back to... umm, its proper owner. The incident with the hell knights... that got me nervous. If we are found with it, then we may be called thieves or traitors - imprisoned, executed... or worse."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan shrugs in response to Aldrin and Jensi's comments. "I believe that Lamm's orphans should be our first priority. In some ways their situation is of our doing, and it is our duty to see that they are properly taken care of. Once that is done, I believe that Aldrin is correct. Consulting with the Field Marshall is our best solution, before taking any investigation into our own hands. There is little need to work at cross-purposes with the city's authorities. There is also the matter of the noble we rescued last night; he expressed some interest in speaking with us again. Finally, Atavian is quite correct; we currently hold the property of another. We should do our best to return it." He looks around at his companions, trrying to remember all that he's learned about them. "Aldrin, perhaps you and Kalinda should visit the noble while Rennard and I see to the orphans? Atavian and Jensi can join whichever venture they feel is appropriate. Once those tasks are complete, we should meet back at the Citadel and speak with Kroft, then make our way to the Castle to return the brooch. Do you think this is appropriate?"

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

The fencer nods I agree with your logic

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Well," the halfling stutters as he works to sober up, "personally... I think the brooch should be top priority. If the orphans go hungry for an hour or two, we certainly won't be executed. Imagine for a second what might have happened if the hell knights had searched us? If they found the brooch in our possession? Ten to one, I wager we'd be rotting in a cell or dead in the street right now... but I'll go see the noble..."

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin nods his head in agreement to the paladin, "Well it looks like we agree. That seems like a prudent course of action. Suppose I should be off then."

As the sorcerer heads off toward the noble's house, he stops for a second, and the turns around, and pulls out a small bag. Stepping up to Dastan, he holds it forward, "The brooch is in here. I... ah, you would probably be a better person to hold onto it, Dastan."
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-09-06 at 05:04 PM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan nods at Aldrin, holding out his hand to take the bag then carefully slipping it inside a pouch on his swordbelt. "If you feel that way, Aldrin, I will safeguard it. Be safe." He turns to Atavian. "The queen can wait. We are no traitors, nor villains, and I believe that we proved as much last night for all who care to ask. Besides, I believe it will be best if we are all present for that particular task... It is a turbulent time, after all, and there is no telling what could result from such an audience." Finally, he addresses Rennard. "Should we perhaps first visit the Academy to discuss the children? It would do no good to make promises we cannot keep, and if Orsini is unable to take them in we'll need to find another solution."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard nods at the paladin, having anticipated this question as the most logical one.
    I understand your concern, but don't worry: Even if he cannot help us directly, the Maestro will be able to contact those who can.

When he speaks of his mentor, the fencer's voice softens and you can hear a mixture of respect, awe and pride in his voice. It is clear that the duelist reveres the man
    I would prefer not to bother him unless the orphans have agreed to come with us. But the Maestro is a great man, he will not look away if he sees their need.

27. - Top - End - #417

Jensi

Jensi looks torn trying to decide whether to visit the noble or the orphans. In the end, Jensi makes his own decision. "If Dastan and Rennard are going to look after the orphans, I think they'll do great! I'd really like to go too, but I think somebody should let Zellara know that we killed Gaedren. You know, to say thank you to her, since she helped so much. He looks pensive for a moment. "So I think I'll say here - find somewhere private - and figure out how to work these cards."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dastan and Aldrin already have good diplomacy scores, so you're all set with those, and Jensi is quite curious about the cards. Plus, from a metagame perspective, it's nearly as likely that Zellara will have some more stuff for us to do as the Queen or Kroft will.

So, for Leviathan, when the others head off Jensi will find an alley and try to get the cards to work.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

28. - Top - End - #418

Aldrin and Kalinda

The Jalento manor is not difficult to locate; it is prominent, even among numerous similar dwellings. It sits at the summit of the Heights, along with the other most opulent mansions. It is a three-story structure built largely of polished marble, with expansive, ornate glass windows. Its walls are adorned with lush green ivy, which has wound its way almost to the roof in some places. The gardens are wide and well trimmed, with beds of flowers and a twelve-foot tall fountain topped with a statue of a rapier duel between two men, one hooded, one with head bear.

Two servants in sky blue livery greet you in the gardens and lead you inside. You are taken to an opulent sitting room containing a half-dozen plush armchairs, a lit candelabra, and shelves of books which appear to be dusted frequently and read with considerable less frequency. After a few minutes, Amin Jalento is announced, and the nobleman struts in.

"If it isn't some of the terribly helpful commoners," he says happily. Then he frowns at Aldrin for a moment. "Wait a minute... I know your face from somewhere, and I only attend the best of establishments. In which case you must be of noble birth. I commend you on your good fortune."

Dastan and Rennard

The fishery out of which Lamm has until recently operated still stinks. The riots have done nothing to remedy that. As you approach the familiar, wooden shambles of a building, you hear shouting from inside. Moments later, two burly, unshaven men come bursting out the doors. They look almost frantic, and seconds later it becomes apparent why as they are set upon by a pack of orphan children. "Git out, git out!" goes the familiar chant, this time said with vitriol as small fists pound away at the two men.

Jensi

Jensi manages to find a quiet, out of the way alley in which he thinks nobody will notice his attempts to summon up a ghost. Fortunately, the summoning proves to be rather simple: touching Zellara's deck with the intent of calling her is all it takes to have the old woman's spirit levitating a foot of the ground in front of the young oracle. "Hmm, hmmm?" She blinks repeatedly, a bit confused. "Oh, it's you. Can't an old ghost rest her bones for an eternity anymore? Bah, downside of being 'wise,' if you ask me!"

Spoiler
    Show
    SanguinePenguin: since you didn't specify which of the groups you'd like to follow, you can choose one now.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

In a second, Rennard examines his options. Taking into account the distance, their opponents and their abilities, the duelist calls to his companion

Dastan! I'll take the farthest one! Let's knock them out!

The magus dashes as fast as he can towards the furthest of the grown men, moving as he unsheathes Reve. As he charges, the blade glows faintly once again with his magical energies

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate Arcane pool
    Move/Standard: Charge while drawing the blade (this means Rennard can only move 30ft).
    If Rennard can make it in this turn to the furthest enemy, he attacks trying to deal non-lethal damage
    Attack - (1d20+5)[15](+7 +2 charge - 4 NL)
    Damage - (1d6+2)[5]
    If he cannot make it in this round, he will move as close as he can with his full move and then charge (same attack roll as above, but on the next turn)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=20/20, AC=15, Arcane Pool = 6/7
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-09-07 at 01:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420

Jensi

Jensi nearly drops the cards as Zellara appears - he hadn't expected to her appear so easily. Managing to keep his hand clutched around the deck, Jensi looks up to the silvery form of the old woman. "Wow," he says in an awed voice. "That was pretty neat, you coming right out of the Harrow cards like that. Can you do that whenever you want?"

"Oh, I'm really, really sorry for disturbing your sleep, but I thought it would be a good idea to let you know that we found Gaedren and, erm -" he pauses, trying to figure out whether his tone should be sombre or celebratory for this announcement - "killed him," the oracle finishes, ending up awkwardly mixing the two together. "So he's dead now, and I though that would make you happy, so I wanted to tell you." He smiles at the ghost, a little shyly, unsure of how exactly Zellara will take the news. Do ghosts even feel happy? he wonders as he watches her.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!