New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Jensi

Jensi takes Aldrin up on his offer. He doesn't really want to dig through bodies, but the youth is more pleased that Aldrin had started to show some sensitivity to others. He smiles faintly as he sets about standing watch.

It's boring business, and soon enough Jensi finds his thoughts drifting. He wants to go over a look at the candle (I didn't even know that there could be blue candles...). Whenever one of his companions looks his way, Jensi resumes what he thinks is a good guarding stance, with his chest pushed out and eyes narrowed, looking towards the entrances to the room.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since you're all searching thoroughly, I'll assume you take 20s.

The task the party sets itself to is a vile one. The most recent corpses are a day or two old, doubtlessly victims of the riots. Many are encrusted with blood, mud, and other filth, and they lie in tangled knots. A number of peculiar items are found during the search: one body has a jewel-encrusted necklace in a ragged jacket pocket; on another is a small metal flask filled with a clear, oily potion; and a silver dagger. There is no sign of any Shoanti bodies in the chamber, but as you search, you note that the dust in this room has been disturbed recently, before you arrived, but definitely more recently than the clerics' last patrol.

As you finish your search, however, a slithering, wriggling sound meets your ears. It is coming from within the pile itself, you realize, just as an enormous grub bursts forth It is about the size of a large dog, and its razor-toothed maw belches forth chunks of devoured flesh from its pulsating fleshy body. It lurches angrily towards the party.

Round 1

The rot grub move surprising quickly, making a lurching strike towards Atavian. It encircles the halfling completely, squeezing him tight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian is grappled.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin lets go of the most recent body he is dragging to the "searched" pile when he hears the rot grub burst out of the corpse pile and head straight for Atavian. Although he isn't fast enough to prevent it from making contact with the halfling, he does cast a spell that will hopefully cause it to relinquish its grasp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Ear Piercing Scream on the Grub. DC 17 fort save or dazed.

(2d6)[3] damage. Half if it saves.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard barely had time to register what had happened to the halfling when he hears Aldrin's invocation on the background.

The magus uses his training to bring his mind back into control. The best option for the duelist was to distract the grub and Allow Tallox to hit it while it was distracted. This would gain Rennard a few more moments to gauge the situation further and to ascertain if Aldrin's spell had been succesful

Tallox! Attack from the other side! cries the fencer while leveling his rapier at the Grub

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian shrieks as the huge grub, shrouded in the decay of the corpses, encircles him. He struggles desperately to free him arms.

Meanwhile, Tallox wheels about as some sixth sense informs him of Atavian's danger. Even as Rennard shouts, Tallox falls into position.

Atavian screams, "get it off of me!"

In a single, powerful, fluid motion, the jaws and both claws of the beyonder rake into the huge grub.

In an attempt to take advantage of Tallox's attacks, Atavian tries to escape the grapple.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power attack, full attack, flanking a grappled enemy (it has -4 dex, so -2 to it's AC)
    Bite: (1d20+9)[29] Dam: (1d6+9)[15] CRIT: 29 Damage
    L Claw: (1d20+8)[22] Dam: (1d4+6)[10]
    R Claw: (1d20+8)[28] Dam: (1d4+6)[8] CRIT: 18 Damage

Escape artist check vs grub's CMD: (1d20+1)[7]
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-10-12 at 09:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #576

Aldrin's quick thinking saves Atavian from a gruesome fate as the grub reels in pain. Then Tallox, sensing his master's plight, rushes in, tearing the grub apart with claw and fang. You have all seen the grub, yet by the time the beyonder is through with it, you could not begin to guess what sort of creature it was.

And the room is quiet again...

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

With the one thing tying him to this plane threatened, with everything he worked for centuries to put into place at risk, with his aspirations of grandeur moments from being foiled - in that instant, Tallox's power, a shade of what is to come, leaks through. What was once an enormous grub now coats nearly everything in the chamber. After a moment of silence Tallox asks calmly, "are you alright?"

Wide-eyed and panicked, the halfling chokes out, "uh... yeah... fine." He struggles to make sense of the vaporization of his assailant. The summoner honestly cannot decide whether he is more disturbed by the grub that threatened him moments before or by what the beyonder - his beyonder - just did to stop it.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

As the group leaves the entry hall heading for the main internment chamber Dastan stops, turns around and raises his sword in salute to the statues placed to ceremonially guard the tomb. He whispers quietly, "Lady of the Graves, forgive us our trespass. We will not disrespect the fallen, nor interfere with your final judgement."

In response to Aldrin, he nods and jumps down into the pit without saying a word, though his mouth is fixed in a grimace of distaste at the prospect of wading through a pile of corpses. Nonetheless, better to see it done myself than leave it to the others. He is busy digging through the macabre scene when the grub attacks, and barely has time to draw his sword before Tallox rips the creature to bloody shreds. Seeing that the threat is over, he sheaths the blade again and calls out to the halfling, "Did you suffer any injuries, Atavian? In this sort of environment, even the smallest of cuts could fester and rot if not given proper attention." He seems to be largely unaffected by the brutal display of strength, the expression of mild distaste remaining fixed on his face, though his tone betrays concern for his companion's wellbeing.
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2011-10-13 at 02:27 AM.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard was just starting to form the arcane words in his mind when Tallox obliterated the creature. Letting go of his power, the magus makes a mental note of the beyonder's powers, coming to the conclusion that acting after the Eidolon from now on might be the most efficient course of action in battle

Extending a hand to Atavian, the fencer says to the fallen summoner Dastan is right, we should be wary of any injuries we sustain in this place

Looking around the chamber, the duelist addresses the rest of the party.

What we look for is not here. There are indications that the room has been transited recently, so the Shoanti body might have been relocated. We should double back and follow Jensi's suggestion of investigating the Warrens next

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian seems a little taken aback, by the sudden attention given to his well-being, "yes... I'm fine - completely. It was frightening when it constricted me, but the... um, mouthparts never connected." Still in a bit of shock he looks around at the corpse piles and then says, "Rennard's right, we should head to the Warrens. The smell here is making me feel ill."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

"Right, to the Warrens, then," Aldrin says, looking at the putrid corpses all over the ground. "I just got these clothes too; looks like I'll have to burn them."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan nods in agreement. "Certainly. What we are looking for is not here, so there is no reason to delay. Shall I lead the way?" He straps on his shield once again and starts heading for the passage to the Warrens.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Upon encountering any narrow path, Rennard will address his companions

Before we proceed, I think it would be best if we decide on the order of our group.
    Based on fighting prowess, I think that Dastan and Tallox should go on the front, where they can have a direct path at any enemies we could run into.
    The optimal place for Jensi is in the middle of our group, where his healing abilities can do most good. Same goes for Aldrin, whose ranged spells can work from afar but would be in most danger if it came to a melee

While speaking to everyone, the fencer looks at the Halfling Atavian’s range with the crossbow could be better served by staying at the end of the group, where he could move to the side and aim without endangering himself.

Shifting his eyes to the eidolon the magus continues I will bring up the rear, staying slightly behind Atavian, so no danger comes to him. If we were attacked from behind, I can keep enemies at bay for long enough for our ranks to readjust, and I am confident that I could make my way into the fray if it came to combat in front of us

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"We should stay closer together. Rennard, you an I will take the rear. Dastan and Tallox upfront. Jensi and Aldrin in between." Before the beyonder interjects, Atavian preempts him, "don't worry, I'll be fine. You stay to be up front. Besides, if I get in danger it will make me stronger."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I got sucked into something. I will just make them agreeable. So as to not hold things up. Lets go with Drothmal's layout.

15. - Top - End - #585

The party cautiously enters the Dead Warrens. These tunnels, carved into the earth, are a tribute to Shoanti engineering. With only an occasional stone support pillar or beam, the clay and dirt-carved tunnels have stood for centuries. The dim and flickering light of everburning torches leads you forwards, and their heat provides sanctuary from the chill of being underground. On both sides, man-sized grooves have been cut into the hard Korvosan clay, and in each of these sits an ancient body, wrapped in bandages, some with weapons laid out beside them.

The passages twist and wind, going downwards into the earth. After what feels like twenty minutes of silent marching, you come to a hallway of grey, hard-packed clay. It is porous, and many of the holes are gaping. Water drips from the ceiling, an indication of just what has caused the walls to form pockets.

Ahead, down this hallway, the tunnel turns. As you approach it, a clattering, bone-chilling laugh echoes through the halls. The master will be pleased to have fresh corpses for his work... Now, die in darkness."

A cold wind whistles down the hallway, and the torches lighting it fizzle, flicker, then die a moment later. All is plunged into blackness...

Round 1

A moment later, you hear the sounds of something, or somethings, moving all around you in the walls, shuffling, lurching, and groaning.

Darkvision
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ancient Shoanti corpses are rising slowly out of the pores in the wall, their bodies hanging with tattered cloth and desiccated flesh. Some are larger, more intact, with rusted scale armour and axes that are held limply as they shamble towards you. You are surrounded.

If you can see in the dark, or when you establish a light source, check out the Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

A=armoured zombies (see darkvision description).
    Z=zombies.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-10-14 at 06:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Thoughts about his family finally pushed aside, Aldrin panicks as he loses vision of his surroundings.

No, no, no! This isn't happening... this isn't...

He finally gets ahold of himself, and casts the most obvious spell called for in this situation. Aldrin's hand glows brightly, dissapating a portion of the darkness that had enveloped their surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Light.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

His sight restored thanks to the sorcerer's spell, Rennard considers the group's precarious situation

When dealing with a two-side attack, the best thing is to minimize the commitment of resources on one side to what is absolutely necessary to keep those enemies at bay while maximizing the attack output on the other side the duelist analytic mind reminds him. Even if it meant more danger for one individual, the highest probability of group survival had to take priority

Atavian! I will try to keep them at bay. Retreat and help the front line

Readying his rapier with his right hand, the magus uses his left to reach into an inside pocket of his vestments, from where he retrieves a small, white pearl. But this was no ordinary stone, for this morning the young oracle had imbued the gem with a small but significant amount of power

Rennard extended his will to the object, feeling the magic trapped inside. Using his mind as a channel, the duelist siphons the magic from the pearl and channels the power to his own arcane reserves. For a second, Rennard's mind burns with power, which the fencer's training shapes back into the arcane power of a spell that the magus had already cast

Letting to of the pearl, Rennard's left immediately starts tracing the magical glyphs in the air, casting a spell that the fencer hopes will minimize the attack from one of the directions

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Retrieve Pearl of Power
    Swift: Use Pearl of Power to recover Grease spell
    Standard: Cast Grease (centered at intersection between A2 and Z4)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=28/28
    AC=18, Touch 14, FF 14
    Arcane pool=7/7
    Fort=+4, Ref=+5, Will=+2

18. - Top - End - #588

Jensi

"No! Jensi shouts defiantly. "You won't have any more bodies! You can't hurt any of us!" He raises his holy symbol high over his head. It glints, brightly coloured in the light cast by Aldrin's spell. A wave of white light ripples forth, crashing into the oncoming creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Energy: (2d6)[12]. Will Save DC 17 for half. It will affect A2, Z1, Z2, and Z4, and will also heal any party members who aren't at full health.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2011-10-14 at 05:24 PM.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian shudders at the sight of the walking corpses. Even before Rennard's command, he falls back. He keeps running, past Jensi until he is at Tallox's back. Using every ounce of focus to push his fear aside, he enshrouds the beyonder with magical protection.

Tallox seems to have expected this, because for a few seconds after their appearance, he simply stood there, motionless. After Atavian's spell, he sprints at the closest zombie. His massive claw streaks in front of him at the shambling dead.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian:
    Move to space between T and J
    Cast Mage Armor

Tallox:
    Charge to space in front of Z1. Power attack
    R Claw: (1d20+8)[13] Damage: (1d4+6)[7]

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 28/28. AC: 19 (17+4 mage armor -2 charge), 11 Touch, 20 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +4 Fortitude, +2 Reflex, +3 Will.

Atavian
    HP: 30/30. AC: 16, 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +4 Fortitude, +4 Reflex, +4 Will.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

The darkness is no hindrance to Dastan, who waits slightly to coordinate his assault with Tallox' headlong rush to maintain a unified front. He doesn't speak a word, trusting in the others to hold the rear while he works with the powerful Beyonder to destroy the undead in front of the group. No, it is you who will be destroyed for your hubris. But first, I will return these bodies to their rest. He aims his slash for the neck of the rightmost of the two zombies, knowing that if he can cut off its head the rest of the supernaturally tough body will be neutralized as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Charging to the space in front of Z2, keeping in line with Tallox. As usual, I'm Power Attacking.

Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage Roll: (1d8+5)[10]

Summary:
    HP: 32/32

AC19, FF19, Touch 8
    Saves: Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +9

21. - Top - End - #591

Aldrin's spell illuminates the hallway, shining a soft light over the approaching undead.

Rennard's pearl of power summons forth reserves of magical energy, which the magus channels into a pool of oily grease. As the undead lurch forward, they fall like rotting dominoes.

Then Jensi raises his symbol of Shelyn, which bursts with vibrant divine energy. It radiates down the tunnel; the undead it touches burst into golden flame, hissing with mindless fear. Two zombies are incinerated, only ash now. Another two continue to stagger forwards, their scorched flesh smoking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Z1 saved, A2 took the damage, Z4 and Z2 are more dead than before.

Tallox's charging swipe barely makes contact with his foe, but tears the zombie - already injured from Jensi's fire - down.

Jensi's holy light has cleared the way for Dastan to charge ahead at the bulky, armoured Shoanti zombie at the far end of the hall. The paladin's sword swings mightily into his target, hacking through flesh and muscle, halfway severing its head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dastan's original target died, so I took the liberty of redirecting him rather than wasting his round.

Then the remaining Zombies lurch forwards. The one who remains fallen in the grease shakily stands up, attempts to again advance, his rusted mail clattering, and his axe dripping with a greasy magical sheen. It manages to keep upright, approaching with surprising speed. Its huge axe, decorated with ancient Shoanti pictograms, swings downwards at Rennard. It lands with a sickening crunch.

Spoiler
    Show
    13 damage to Rennard.

Another zombie moves up behind it, likewise clearing the field of grease.

The former Shoanti warrior Dastan is fighting swings his axe with untiring strength. It bashes aside the paladin's shield and strikes him hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    9 damage to Dastan.

Round 2

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592

Jensi

"Thanks," Jensi whispers as he watches the golden flame consume the approaching zombies. I didn't even know you could do that - that I could do that. It was a little startling. He had never called forth divine fire to smite his enemies. He hadn't thought Shelyn was that type of goddess. I guess she doesn't like the undead either...

Jensi looks back over his shoulder. The eidolon and paladin seem to be making short work of their opponents. So instead he hurries forwards.

"Don't worry Rennard," the youth calls over the sounds of battle. He touches the duelist careful on the back, white light emanating from his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move forwards to the spot behind Rennard and cast Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+3)[9]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

Years of training and discipline are the only things that stop the fencer for screaming with pain. The undead's weapon had left his left arm almost useless, hindering his spellcasting

A shadow of doubt creeps on the back of Rennard's mind. It was not fear, for it was a rational though: Unless he could make full use of his abilities, he might not make it through this fight

And then relief washed over him, the divine healing from the Oracle mending wounds and returning the magus to full capacity.

And Rennard intended to make full use of that capacity

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activates Arcane Pool
    Full Round: Activate Spell Combat, Attacks armored Zombie as much as possible, switches targets if he falls down

Attack - (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage - (1d6+3)[4]

Cast Disrupt Undead
    RangedTouch - (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage - (1d6)[2]
    Concentration - (1d20+7)[14] (Casting defensively, DC=15)

IF retreating would not leave anyone else in the first line of fighting, Rennard will 5 foot step back before casting

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=24/28
    AC=18, Touch 14, FF 14
    Arcane pool=6/7
    Fort=+4, Ref=+5, Will=+2

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan quickly follows up his first strike with another brutal attack, barely flinching as the ancient zombie's axe strikes him in the joint of his heavy platemail. His injuries begin to close almost as soon as they're inflicted, glowing slightly with divine energy.

Spoiler
    Show

Once again, I'll Power Attack. I'm also using Lay on Hands on myself as a Swift action to heal 2d6 HP thanks to Greater Mercy.

Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[11]

Lay on Hands healing: (2d6)[11]

Edit: Bah! That attack probably missed.

Summary:

AC21, FF21, Touch 10
    Resistance to Fire, Acid, Electricity 5
    Immune to Fear effects, all allies within 10 feet gain a +4 bonus on Saving throws against Fear effects.
    Immune to Disease
    (Yeah, I was maybe being a little too simplistic with this. Here's a complete defensive summary.)
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2011-10-15 at 02:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian surveys the battle field. Jensi managed to tear through a lot of the dead with... something. Rennard took a grievous wound - while Jensi patched it up, he was still in danger. Atavian cries to the beyonder, "Tallox! Rennard's in trouble!" The halfling shout as he passes the beyonder. Once at Dastan's side, he lays another shroud of magical defense around the paladin.

Tallox grimaces. He doesn't particularly like Rennard. The man knocked him over with his goo, then mocked him by talking "strategy." If the thing's axe lops off the magus head, that is one less mortal that would be meddling with Atavian's goals. If Rennard fall\d, Atavian can hardly fault Tallox for a
    "bad judgement" call. After all, there is only Dastan between Atavian and the undead nearby, but there are three bodies between Atavian and the dead on the far side of the tunnel. Rennard, that plane-touched looking one, whatever his name is, and... Jensi. If Rennard falls, Jensi will be next. With a scowl Tallox sprinted down the hall to Rennard's side. A few feet shy, he leaps and rakes his massive claw across the armored dead.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian:
    Note, last turn Atavian had moved the space above Jensi. This is not reflected in the map.
    Move to space south of Dastan
    Cast Protection from Evil on Dastan

Tallox:
    Charge to space in front of A2 Left of Rennard. Power attack
    R Claw: (1d20+8)[23] Damage: 7 from OOC thread

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox

Atavian
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-10-15 at 04:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

As his companions damage the remaining undead, Aldrin decides to aid them without expending too much of his power reserves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically using the wand of magic missile on the nearest undead still up.

Damage: (1d4+1)[5]

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 23/23 AC: 12
    F: +3
    R: +3
    W: +3

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

27. - Top - End - #597

Jensi's well-timed healing provides Rennard the strength he needs to battle on. His blade cannot find its way into a crack in the zombie's armour, though his spell - a ray of yellowish-white light - strikes the zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to assume that Rennard takes the five foot step before casting.

Dastan, like Rennard, is unable to get a solid hit on his foe; his sword clangs against the zombie's axe.

Atavian rushes to Dastan's aid, bolstering the paladin's defences with his magic. Meanwhile, Tallox charges, raking his claw across the zombie currently engaging Rennard. It's staggers, then collapses limply. Whatever dark magic had animated it is now gone.

Aldrin raises his wand, sending a magic missile flying at an oncoming zombie, blasting one of its arms off.

This time, Dastan defends himself successfully, his finely-wrought armour and sturdy shield making short work of his attacker's blow. The only other remaining zombie charges at Rennard, but is cut down by Tallox as it passes the beyonder.

Round 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's only one enemy left, A1, so a new map won't be necessary.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Only a single zombie remains - and it is far from the beyonder. Tallox wheels about, angry that Atavian sent him all the way down here. Still, he charges back down the hall toward Dastan's side, delivering yet another rake with his claw when he arrives.

Atavian mutters a blessing of magical luck and confers it upon Dastan.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian:
    Cast Guidance on Dastan (+1 to a single d20 roll within a minute)

Tallox:
    Charge to space in front of A1 Left of Dastan. Power attack
    R Claw: (1d20+8)[25] Damage: (1d4+6)[8]

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox

Atavian

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

As Tallox takes down the armored zombie and Aldrin eliminates the last foe on his side, Rennard spins around to see what is happening with the paladin

Dastan! Attack and disangage! yells the fencer as he moves through the battlefield while tracing the magic symbols of the cantrip he had just used on the armored foe

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Dastan takes a 5ft step back: Before Tallox makes it to the last Zombie, cast Disrupt Undead

Rangedtouch - (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage - (1d6)[6]

If Dastan does not take a 5ft step. Same thing, but subtract 4 for firing into melee (I think that rule also applies to ray spells, correct me if I'm wrong)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=24/28
    AC=18, Touch 14, FF 14
    Arcane pool=6/7
    Fort=+4, Ref=+5, Will=+2

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan glances back at Rennard for a moment, in case the zombies have broken through his defense, then seeing that the others are unharmed he delivers a final slash to the armoured corpse in front of him and disengages, allowing the fencer to do whatever it is that he's planning.

Spoiler
    Show

Again, making an attack with Power Attack then making a 5-foot step backwards.

Attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7]

Summary:

AC21, FF21, Touch 10
    Resistance to Fire, Acid, Electricity 5
    Immune to Fear effects, all allies within 10 feet gain a +4 bonus on Saving throws against Fear effects.
    Immune to Disease