Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    The still unnamed girl draws one of her pistols and looks as if she is about to put a bullet between the gnome's eyes. Somehow she manages to restrain herself, not wanting to give away the ambush.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters

    My Games
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Wrath of the Righteous I - Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan, Atavian, and Jensi
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doors open, and two rough men emerge, unshaven, wearing unwashed leathers, with clubs in hand. Their eyes widen at the sight of Tallox, his wide mouth gnashing at them, as he lunges forwards. The pair of thugs manage to jump back away from the attack, and swing their clubs at the eidolon. Both blows are deflected off the magical shield, and the thugs roar with mingled fear and anger. "Intruders!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    SanguinePenguin: you can only ready a standard action, so I've assumed you used his bite attack, which unfortunately missed.


    Aldrin, Kalinda, and Rennard
    Spoiler
    Show
    A shout goes up from inside the fishery. "Intruders!!! The gnome looks startled, and sprints towards the door. He gets inside, but they remain wide open, twenty feet away.


    Round One
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, we're now in combat, so keep track of your actions. You've won initiative, so everyone go ahead and post.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda takes off towards the doors. She will move to them and fire at Gaedren, the gnome, or the next thugish-looking person that is within 20 feet. If nobody is within 20 feet, she will move 10 more feet into the building and then fire.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Pistol Attack vs Touch AC: (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (2d4+1)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters

    My Games
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Wrath of the Righteous I - Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalindra, and Aldrin or Rennard, upon entering the fishery
    Spoiler
    Show
    The room inside is sparse, sixty feet wide, and thirty feet long, and appears to compose half of the fishery. Inside, the gnome you've seen earlier is beside the door, fumbling for his keys when Kalindra fires at him. There are three other figures, all burly humans, who scramble for their weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll resolve the combat round once everyone posts, but this information is sort of necessary.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-07-01 at 02:13 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan
    The Paladin draws his longsword as he walks down the boardwalk, a grim expression on his face. When the two thugs open the door he shouts, "Evildoers! Justice has come for you!", then settles into a combat stance, shield at the ready, and strikes out at the nearest of the thugs.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Melee attack against the nearest of the criminals. If possible I'll move to get the benefit of Flanking from Tallox, but otherwise nothing special.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

    AC: 18, Touch 10, FF 18
    HP: 12/12
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Tallox's toothy maw contorts into a grin. Now that his mask his gone, the men can see the symbol glowing on his head, the miniscule light it casts illuminates his gray face, his owl-like eyes and his enormous smiling mouth. The monster wades forward and uncurls his fingers so that the narrow, sharp, foot-and-a-half-long claws can be seen poking out from under his cloak. He tears into one of the men without mercy, both claws raking upward, then his toothy countenance descending.

    Atavian aims his bow at the man not being mauled by Tallox. Realizing that Dastan might be hit, he struggles to ensure that won't happen, corrects his aim and fires the bolt. In spite of bracing as best he can, the powerful weapon still almost blows him over. Heart racing, he then grabs another bolt and hurriedly loads the weapon.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox full attack against the one not being attacked by Dastan:
    Bite: (1d20+5)[9] Damage:(1d6+4)[9]
    L Claw: (1d20+5)[25] Damage:(1d4+4)[8] Edit: +7 if a (17) hits
    R Claw: (1d20+5)[21] Damage:(1d4+4)[8]

    Atavian Attack: (1d20-1)[19] (-4 for into melee fire) at the one attacked by Dastan
    Damage:(1d6)[5] Edit: +6 if a (6) hits


    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 11/11. AC: 17 (13+4 mage armor), 11 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +2 Will.

    Atavian
    HP: 11/11. AC: 16, 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +3 Will.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-07-01 at 03:39 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    Jensi freezes as he hears the voices inside, unsure of what to do. When he sees Dastan standing his ground, the youth pulls himself together. As the thugs emerge from the door, the paladin and the half-orc pounce.

    Having no prayer prepared in advance, Jensi clutches his holy symbol and begins a simple blessing. "Rose, please protect us from - eek!" His sentence is cut short as Tallox is unmasked, but luckily he manages to finish. "From, um, from danger," he concludes, still shaken.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will cast Bless and move as close to the door as he can without getting in Tallox or Dastan's way. Bless has a range of 50 ft, so in this case should give Jensi, Atavian, Dastan, and Tallox +1 to hit for 1 minute.

    HP: 8
    AC: 15
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2011-07-01 at 05:54 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Wasting no time, Aldrin dashes into the warehouse, and sees the gnome desperately trying to get into a different room. He makes a sign with his hands, and chants a spell that has always served him well,

    "Mord Auric!"

    A silvery bolt of energy flies straight for the gnome, striking him in back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using magic missile on the gnome. I would use sleep, but apparently it's a full round action in PF. Huh. Damage: (1d4+1)[2]

    The chanting is complete gibberish.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Rennard
    Rennard did not like the idea of splitting the team, but he could not deny the advantages of a two-prong attack. Upon arrival to the hiding spot, he unsheathes one of his rapiers and waits for the moment to attack.

    When the shouting begins and the gnome scrambles backwards, Rennard springs into motion. Sprinting towards the doors, the fencer hears a gunshot coming from behind him, confirming his suspicions that the young woman was a gun wielder.

    Using Kalinda's shot as cover, Rennard is able to asses the situation upon reaching the doorway.

    Reduce their numbers, bring the fight to where you have the upper hand

    With those thought in mind, Rennard decides to use one of his spells upon two of the closest Thugs. While holding the rapier in his right hand, his left hand traces some strange sigils into the air. Upon completion of the casting, a vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth, enveloping his opponents

    Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Color Spray
    Save: Will, DC:15

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda, Rennard, and Aldrin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kalinda reaches the front doorway of the fishery, pistol raised. The red-haired gnome shrieks as she enters, right before she fires. The shot hits him in the arm, only to be joined by Aldrin's bolt of magic. The combined force of the strikes spins him around, and the gnome just barely keeps his feet. He draws a wickedly curved dagger, however, and runs forwards, closing with Rennard.

    Rennard, closely following his companions, fires off a blast of vibrant colours at a pair of surprised thugs. One of them collapses onto the floor, his body lapsing into unconsciousness under the assault of the colourful display. The other holds his ground, however, shaking his head to clear it.

    The two remaining thugs counter-attack. One, seeking vengeance for Rennard's spell, charges at him, swinging his club wildly. The duellist dodges the blow easily. The other runs at Kalinda, flailing his club at her. She too ducks out of the way just in time.


    Atavian, Dastan, and Jensi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi's spell bolsters Atavian, Tallox, and Dastan, as a wave of divine energy washes over them.

    Even had the oracle's aid not been present, Tallox's target would have been doomed. The extraplanar creature's long claws rend one of the thugs limb-from-limb. Blood splatters against the decaying wood of the fishery walls.

    Dastan's sword comes down on the other thug, slicing into his shoulder, bringing him down even as Atavian's crossbow bolt strikes him in the chest.

    Another figure is entering the fray, however, attempting to stop you entering the fishery. He is an imposing half-orc, his leather armour embedded with spikes and studs. He growls, swinging his flail towards Tallox. "Mother of Monsters, that thing's gonna die!" His flail comes down hard across the eidolon's shoulder with a crunch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 damage to Tallox


    Round 2...

    Aldrin, Kalinda, Rennard:


    Dastan, Atavian, Jensi:
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-07-01 at 10:03 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Tallox possesses no fear of death. His race lacks basic pain recognition - it does not serve an immortal. He is still adjusting to the notion of having to concern himself with mortal time scales at all. He responds, "I cannot die. Such a word is meaningless to me," as he speaks, he sidesteps to the right of his target, setting up a flank for the competent warrior with the sword. During the motion, he rakes his right claw deep into the man's underbelly. Then, the left rakes down at his shoulder. At this moment Atavian's crossbow twangs again. An instant after, the huge mouth chomps at the half-orc's shoulder, but lands stray.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox full attack:
    R Claw: (1d20+6)[26] Damage:(1d4+4)[7] +5=12 Damage
    L Claw: (1d20+6)[10] Damage:(1d4+4)[6]
    Bite: (1d20+6)[9] Damage:(1d6+4)[5]

    Atavian Crossbow: (1d20-1)[17] (-4 for into melee fire) I forgot bless so +1 to this.
    Damage:(1d6)[4]


    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 5/11. AC: 17 (13+4 mage armor), 11 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +2 Will.

    Atavian
    HP: 11/11. AC: 16, 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +3 Will.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-07-01 at 07:10 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    "Atavian," Jensi calls. "I think something happened to your friend. He seems to be a monster." Not wanting to offend the halfling, he quickly adds a quick "I'm sure he's nice."

    Monster or not, Tallox was still on the same side, and Jensi feels a pang of sympathy for the creature as the new thug's flail smashes into him. Moving as close to the eidolon as possible, he stretches out one hand. Closing his eyes momentarily, half expecting to be devoured, he touches Tallox's shoulder. The youth's hand glows with a pure white light.

    "Shelyn preserve you," he murmurs.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Cure Light Wounds on Tallox.

    Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+1)[7]

    HP: 8
    Ac: 15
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2011-07-01 at 08:22 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Seeing the thugs close in on them, Aldrin moves his attention from the gnome to the humans. He points to the one that had approached Kalinda, and recites the arcane words, as a faint lavender glow surrounds his outstretched arm.

    "Ere Dulm"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using sleep on the thug by Kalinda. It's a 20 feet diameter spell, so if any other baddies can be affected, Aldrin will aim it that way. It's a DC 16 will save to resist.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Rennard tries to capitalize on the thug's missed swing and readies himself for a counter attack.

    No need to be subtle

    The duelist concentrates for a brief moment on his blade, calling forth the magical energies within him and infusing them into the steel. The blade is immediately bathed in a faint silver light, pulsing with arcane energy.

    He addresses his opponent in a calm tone, delivering only two words "En garde"

    Rennard proceeds to attack his enemy with a quick jab, wounding him lightly while maneuvering himself out of the pincer attack set by his enemies

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Use one point of Rennard's arcane pool to give the rapier a +1 Enhancement
    Move Action: 5' foot step to avoid giving flanking attacks to both the gnome and the thug
    Standard Action: Attack the thug
    Attack - (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage - (1d6+2)[3]


    Summary
    Spoiler
    Show

    HP=10/10, AC=17 (Touch=13, FF=14)
    Arcane Pool=6/7
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-07-02 at 01:18 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan
    When his opponent falls to the ground, the Paladin mutters a short prayer for him, then looks up as the bulky half-orc rushes Tallox. "More of you, then? No matter!" He quickly repositions himself to make the best use of Tallox' distraction, then lets loose with a brutal overhand slash.
    Spoiler
    Show

    5-foot step to gain a Flanking position with Tallox, then make an attack with my Longsword, Power Attacking.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[6]

    Summary:
    HP12/12
    AC: 18 Touch: 10 FF: 18
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground
     
    King Tius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Kalinda
    IF Thug1 falls asleep:
    Spoiler
    Show

    With no enemies immediately threatening her, Kalinda quickly reloads her first pistol and fires again at the gnome.

    Attack: (1d20+6)[20] vs touch AC
    Damage: (2d4+1)[3]


    IF Thug1 does not fall asleep:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kalinda takes a five foot step backwards, drawing her second pistol as she does so. Once clear of the man, she fires at him.

    Attack: (1d20+6)[18] vs touch AC
    Damage: (2d4+1)[9]
    Last edited by King Tius; 2011-07-02 at 10:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters

    My Games
    Dwaer Depths II - Pathfinder
    Wrath of the Righteous I - Pathfinder

    Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide


  17. - Top - End - #77
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Aldrin, Kalinda, Rennard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aldrin utters his incantations, his sorcerous powers wafting over the gnome and one of the human toughs. The gnome's large, manic eyes suddenly grow gentle, then close, as he collapses to the floor. The thug, however, laughs. "Yer magic won't get me!"

    He shuts up, however, when Kalinda puts a bullet in his chest. He looks down at the wound as blood soaks through his leather armour, then falls, dead.

    Rennard engages the other thug, his rapier alight with magic. He connects, the point of his blade slicing into his opponent's shoulder. Roaring with pain, the thug swipes back at him with his club. The blow connects, barely, bruising Rennard's sword arm, but not seriously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rennard takes 3 damage


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    Dastan, Atavian, and Jensi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dastan's sword goes wide as the half-orc sidesteps. Tallox does not, and his claw rips through armor, drawing blood. Atavian's crossbow shot misses, flying past the half-orc and lodging in the far wall.

    Jensi steps forward, his healing touch mending Tallox's painless wounds.

    Then the half-orc swings, his flail whirling through the air towards Tallox. Tallox deflects the blow off his magically-shielded arm.

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show


    Round 3...
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-07-02 at 11:37 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SanguinePenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Atavian grimaces as his bolt deflects off the man's armor. Damn! I thought that was a nice shot! Seeing that his bow is doing nothing useful, he grabs a pinch of wool from his small component pouch, mutters an arcane phrase and harshly flicks his wrist at the man in hopes of stunning him.

    Tallox is surprised when his shoulder's function returns to normal. That mortal clearly mended him. He dislikes the prospect of owing gratitude to a mortal, so he would have to repay his debt to the human very soon. Perhaps if I kill the fighter on this side, then kill the thug, he would see that I clearly saved his life. He wouldn't be able to stop this guy alone. The logic was sound to Tallox, but he feared that the human wouldn't see it that way. His study of the irrational thinking of Atavian has taught him that much at least. He decides to destroy the thug and determine a way to repay his debt later.

    In one rapid motion, both of his arms swing powerfully from a position crossed at his front to held wide - the swift act raking both arms across the chest of the man. He grins during the act moments before his head lunges forward turn as he goes and chomping hard at the man's face.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox full attack (+5 base,+1 bless,+2 flank=+8):
    R Claw: (1d20+8)[12] Damage:(1d4+4)[6]
    L Claw: (1d20+8)[19] Damage:(1d4+4)[6]
    Bite: (1d20+8)[24] Damage:(1d6+4)[5]

    Atavian casts Daze: DC 14 or no actions next round


    Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 11/11. AC: 17 (13+4 mage armor), 11 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +2 Will.

    Atavian
    HP: 11/11. AC: 16, 13 Touch, 14 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +3 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +3 Will.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-07-02 at 12:10 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Atavian, Dastan, and Jensi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Under Tallox's furious assault, the half-orc dies, the eidolon sinking the fangs of his maw deep into the man's shoulder, then rending him with his claw.

    Though this battle may be finished, you can still here the sounds of your companions fighting through the door at the opposite end of the room.

    You also get a better look at the area you're in. It appears to be some sort of loading deck: crates of fish are piled against the walls, and the floor is wet with fish guts - now mingling with humanoid blood. In the corner sits a lift, held in place by several lengths of strong chain, and a system of pulleys by which it can be raised and lowered. It appears to have been designed for hauling freight, as it is nearly fifteen feet across, and just as long.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-07-02 at 01:11 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    "Excellent shot," Aldrin comments, as he turns his attention to the last conscious thug. He smiles, and his eyes glow a faint red. With a strong voice, Aldrin states, "You may want to run now. You're injured and outnumbered."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if this is diplomacy or intimidate. Got a +8 to both, so...

    (1d20+8)[22]
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-07-02 at 12:23 PM.
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    Jensi winces and looks away as the half-orc falls, ripped apart by Atavian's mysterious friend. He wishes it didn't have to be this way. But they're protecting Gaedren, and he has hurt so many people. A necessary evil, maybe, but the Varisian youth still felt vaguely nauseous. He wasn't sure how he felt about this killing.

    Still, sounds of battle can be heard from the adjacent room. Hoping his new friends have fared as well, he rushes across the room to open the door. Looking through, he whispers a blessing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will move to the door, open it, and cast Guidance on Rennard. +1 on the next attack roll.

    HP: 8
    AC: 15
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2011-07-02 at 01:35 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan
    Dastan looks on in distaste as Tallox rips the hapless half-orc to bloody shreds, disconcerted by the viciousness of the attack. "Iomedae preserve... What are you doing?" Without waiting for a response, he hastens after Jensi, remembering his vow to protect the youth. He bursts through the door, then interposes himself between Jensi and the remaining thug, shield raised, and shouts at the criminal, "Drop your weapons!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dastan moves through the door, standing between Jensi and the enemy, then uses his Standard Action to make his own Intimidate check to assist Aldrin's attempt.
    Indimidate: (1d20+3)[8]

    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    "Alright, alright, you win. Just lemme go, I ain't done nothin' t'you." The remaining thug drops his weapon, sweat beading on his brow as he looks around nervously.

    "You want info?" he offers plaintively. "I got it. Just lemme go and I'll tell ya whatever ya wanna know."

    With hostilities ended here, you can see that this room, much like the other, is piled high with crates and barrels. These appear to be empty, however, and the wagon lying against the wall suggests that it is used for the transport of the fishery's produce.

    Shortly after the first thug surrender, the red-haired gnome and the other thug awaken. Looking around bleary-eyed, they quickly think better of fighting. "Boss ain't gonna like this, Hookshanks," the recently-unconscious thug says to the gnome.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2011-07-02 at 03:54 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Blisstake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    "Well your boss won't be alive much longer, so I doubt you have to worry about that." In a serious tone, Aldrin continues, "Tell us where Gaedren Lamm is, and you can go. Go to your home, some other city, or a different gang if you want. I don't give a damn; just tell us where the bastard is."

    As he stares at the gnome, Aldrin remembers to add, "And give me that key."
    Avatar by A Rainy Knight

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    The gnome makes an innocent look, as if to say "what key." Then he thinks better of it and grudgingly hands it over. "Opens every door."

    Then acting as something of a spokesperson for the thugs, he answers Aldrin's question. "Gaedren's down the lift. Lowers you down to the dock, it does. From there you can get to the lower level of the fishery. No stairs down, and that's where Gaedren is," he adds, trying to be helpful.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drothmal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Right before the interrogation begins, you hear a clattering coming from Rennard's direction. When you look at the fencer, you see that his blade, no longer alight with energy, has snapped in half

    I guess this one won't work either he mutters to himself

    Then, in a nonchalant motion, he discards the broken blade and unsheathes another rapier. You all begin to understand why he's so heavily armed

    Upon the gnome's answer, the duelist asks

    Is he alone or are there any other members of his gang? And is it here where he is keeping the children prisoner? Addressing his companions, he adds Lamn will not hesitate to use children as shields.

    Rennard relives a short, painful memory, and remembers how Gaedren had used him as leverage against his Father. But he uses his discipline to keep his emotions out of his face and his voice as he continues his questioning

    And are you sure that there are no other entrances or exits?

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Leviathan, I'm assuming you are rolling Sense Motive, let me know if I should roll one

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DaedalusMkV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Dastan
    Dastan gathers up the group of thugs' weapons and piles them in the corner, then states, "Good, I'm glad you're willing to see reason. There's no sense fighting to the death for someone like Lamm, is there?" He nods, glad that he won't have to kill this group as well, then continues, "The children Lamm has kidnapped; where are they?"
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    The gnome seems honest; he has decided that risking death by lying for Gaedren isn't worth it.

    "Yeah, Mr. Lamm's got a couple of mercenaries down there with 'im, and Mr. Yargin. He's the one in charge of the children - I just make sure they get out 'n come back in. The children are down there too; they're too weak to raise the lift, so it keeps 'em nice and cooperative. Well, 'cept for the ones I sent out just before you guys decided we ought to be killed." He looks down at his body appreciatively. "Thanks for changing your mind. Oh, and the ones I sent out should be back by morning."

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RocketMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    Jensi

    "I'm glad too," Jensi says to Dastan. "I really didn't want to have to kill anybody else if we didn't have to." He smiles happily. Upon mention of the kidnapped children though, Jensi's eyes go wide, as if he had forgotten about them

    "Will you tell us your name, since we're sort of like friends now?" he asks the gnome. "That way we can let you go while we rescue the children."

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Leviathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010

    Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

    "Yeah..." the gnomes says. "Name's Hookshanks. Good luck down there. Come back up alive." He grimaces. "If you don't, I dunno if Mr. Lamm's gonna like that we surrendered. Not very good "employment material," he'd say. He's said that 'bout a couple of other folks. Didn't turn out well."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If no one posts saying otherwise in the next little while, I'll assume you'd all like to take the lift down to the lower level, and move ahead with that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •