New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Jensi

"Good luck, Rennard!" Jensi whispers enthusiastically. "If you get in trouble and need any help, yell something like maybe 'Help!' or 'I need help!' so we can come and help you. Anyways, good luck and I know you'll do great!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Bless
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Troll in the Playground

As soon as he hears Aldrin's chant (which was a more complex version of the vanishing spell he had been favoring), Rennard is able to discern the sorcerer's plan.

It is great to see your companions trusting you this much, Bonded whispers Reve, trying her best to tease the duelist in order to hide her own worries for her master's safety

It is not trust: If you look at the physical prowess to stealth ratio, I am just the most efficient choice replies the magus telepathically

Not everything is about logic, remember?

Rennard does not reply to the blade. Nonetheless, the magus makes an extra effort not to sound pedantic when he addresses his companions

This is a rational plan. But, before I venture forward, we need to test our hypothesis.

Eries,
    says the disembodied voice of the magus to the wererat are you able to track me through my scent? I am not sure if any being can rely on olfactory information here, but we need to be aware of the limitations of our plan. I will move approach you, let me know if you can detect my location

After gathering information on safe distances to approach, Rennard mutters

I will return as soon as I am able. Do not move

Making sure to imprint his companion's positions into memory, the invisible duelist readies his mind to cast a defensive spell should he be discovered.

Preparations and planning done, Rennard begins to move down the tunnel, trying to move as quietly as he can

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action: Cast shield

Probably need a stealth check (I had completely forgotten I had put ranks on it)
    Stealth - (1d20+29)[38] (Includes +1 for Bless, and +20 for Invisibility)

If there is no scent (or a small radius), Rennard will move as close as he can to get the location and numbers of the enemies.

If there is scent. Rennard will try to get as much information without getting into the radius and will decide if to venture deeper or not depending on how much info he is able to collect
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-05-20 at 03:10 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

"If you're worried about scent," Aldrin mentions, surprised he hadn't considered it himself, "Then you could just go in the sewage to mask your scent. It's probably not needed, though, considering the smell is already so powerful."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming it smells bad, anyway

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eries sniffs, testing. "No, the sewer smell is too strong, you will not be smelled. It is unfortunate that we have to live here and give up one defence, but it is safer, despite that."

Rennard moves silently towards the barricade, masked by Aldrin's spell. The duelist's feet make no sound, stepping with the precision and grace of an accomplished dancer. He makes it without incident up to the barricade that demarcates the entrance to Girrigz's lair. The structure is haphazard, built out of whatever trash is thrown down into the sewers: tables, chairs, a wagon wheel, and rotting wood.

Rennard creeps up to it, peering through one of the numerous small holes in it. He sees only grey, which he realizes is fur. Repositioning himself at a new angle, he sees that a wererat in ragged, piecemeal leather armour leans against the barricade, as does another. Both peer out down the sewer tunnel towards the party, but they appear to be on watch, rather than having seen the party.

Behind the barricade, a wooden floor has been built over the sewer tunnel, turning it into an impromptu camp, complete with a small fire and several crates that have been repurposed into chairs. Six more wererats gather around the fire. Four of these are leather-clad, with crossbows slung over their hunched furred backs. One of these has a white patch on his face and an undersized ear, matching the description of Eries' son. The other two are far more grizzled, and each of them wears tattered robes.

Rennard retreats backwards as silently as he has come, reporting the results of his scouting to the rest of the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    For sake of speed, I'm assuming Rennard goes back and tells the party what he's found. The duration of invisibility is long enough that he can go back to the barricade again if need be before the spell ends.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane crosses her arms, listening closely to Rennard. "It is no surprise that they have guards. We should strike hard and fast, and make sure that they all die before any can sound an alarm. As Balmont saw no warning device, they will have to warn their master by running." She smashes a fist into her opposite hand's palm. "Do not let them run."
    The wonderful Athena avatar is courtesy of Akrim.elf!

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

"I'll make the plans, thanks," Aldrin says curtly. "Since they don't seem to notice us yet, we'll charge in, with Dastan and Tallox in front, of course. I can place a sheet of ice to slow their retreat, while Rennard could wait invisibly by the exit. Jensi, I know you like keeping us healthy, but unless anyone's really injured, try and use that holding spell you used on Carowyn if you see anyone running. Dresane, try not to hit any of us. Sound good?"

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Or use the holding spell on Eries's son," Atavian adds, "that would remove him from the fray. I could hasten all of us here, we'd be there in no time and fast enough to prevent escape."
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-21 at 03:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

"Agreed. Immobilize the one we aren't to kill first, then target the remainder as necessary. I will target the leader and remove him with all haste; I had not expected this many of them... Perhaps I should have brought a silvered weapon." He looks down the hall, then shrugs. "I am certain I can gain their undivided attention. Perhaps you can take advantage of that."

Spoiler
    Show

Immediately before charging the barricade, Dastan will use his Spiritual Bond to give his Longsword the Flaming property. If nobody else needs his Protection from Evil casting, he'll throw that on himself the round before the Spiritual Bond. After that... Well, straight for the leader, striking down anyone who gets in the way and ignoring anyone who doesn't. Shock and awe, those are the watchwords.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

Very well, I will infiltrate behind them and begin a two prong attack from their rear once they react to your presence says Rennard.

For a brief moment the magus had considered to storm the barricade by himself and fighting against all eight wererats in order to prevent any possibility of harm to his companions.

That is just illogical. the fencer thinks to himself, though he is still surprised to have had such an... emotional response

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

10. - Top - End - #1300

The party readies itself for battle, its spellcasters weaving blessings and enhancements to protect and bolster. Eries meanwhile finds a good dark corner in which to hide. She whispers: "I will find you after you have won."

Rennard departs from the rest of the group, still invisible, maneuvering himself stealthily into position to strike, Reve's hidden tip pointed towards one of the grizzled, robed wererats. The lycanthrope does not notice at all; rather, he naps lightly, as do most of the others. Only the two watch-rats are actually attentive.

The rest of the group gets into position down the tunnel, drawing their weapons. And then, they charge!

Round 1 Plus Surprise Round

On Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, since this is going to be a total buff-fest, here's what I'd like:

Before you take your positions, you have as much time as you'd like to cast buffs on each other. In your next post, please list all the buffs you cast during this period, their targets, and their durations.

However, as it will take Rennard four rounds to reach his position, casting any buff with a duration of 1 round per level or shorter that includes him as a target will only last for the first round (i.e. this one).

If Rennard is not the target of a buff with a duration of 1 round per level or less, then it is assumed that the buff is cast the round before you charge in (i.e. if the duration is 5 rounds total, you have 4 rounds remaining). If you cast more than one buff with this sort of duration, then please order them and figure out the remaining duration as follows:

1st buff: duration minus 1 round.
    2nd buff: duration minus 2 rounds.
    3rd buff: duration minus 3 rounds.
    etc.

And buff with a duration measured in minutes per level lasts long enough that we won't worry about it here. They are assumed to have been cast early enough that they don't matter here.

Please also post your Round 1 action now, as well as the buffs you cast. If necessary, I'll apply the buff effects myself on this round (e.g. haste's effect on movement speed).

On the Round
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've got a surprise round, then a full round. Make actions for both, specifying which is which.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Hemil is W3.

The effluence (khaki green colour) counts as difficult terrain to move through.

The two brown shapes in front of the barricade are planks. With a DC 10 balance check, these can be used to cross the effluence without dealing with difficult terrain.

The brown triangles represent the barricade. If, in targeting someone, your line of sight goes through these, then the target is treated as having Improved Cover. So you can still attack those targets (through the holes in the barricade), but it'll be extremely difficult. If you can draw a line of sight without passing through the barricade, you may attack as normal.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-05-22 at 09:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Dwarf in the Playground

The inquisitor runs at the barricade. She proves nimble despite her plated armor. "These vermin will fight or hide; either way, they die. Asmodeus, grant me the power to see that these beasts meet their fate!" Dresane's pendant of her deity alights in dark flame, which spreads to her longbow. She stops, raising the deadly weapon and drawing it back with a flame-tipped arrow. She sights on the wererats and lets fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    One turn before combat, Dresane casts flames of the faithful (4/5 turns)
    Two turns before combat, she casts divine favor (9/10 turns)

Surprise Round: move six spaces down.
    Round 1: Use Bane vs humanoid (shapechanger). Rapid shot against W4 if it doesn't count as having cover. If it does, rapid shot against G1. If both do, move five spaces down and one to the left onto the planks, then fire once at W4.

Attack 1 (if I only get 1 attack, add +2 to the roll): (1d20+12)[32], damage (1d8+2)[4]+(4d6)[18]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[18], damage (1d8+4)[8]+[roll]4d6[/roll
    Acrobatics check in needed (1d20+4)[12]

HP: 47/47
    AC 21, flat-footed 16, touch 15
    Fortitude +5, reflex +6, will +7
    Attack bonus: +14 against humanoid (shapechanger)
    Damage bonus from buffs +2, +1d6 fire damage
    Buffs: flames of the faithful 4/5, divine favor 9/10
    Last edited by Minerva; 2012-05-22 at 09:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan whispers a few short prayers, calling on the power of Iomedae, and his weapon bursts out into brilliant yellow flames. Thus prepared, he charges down the sewer with the weapon held high, the flames licking down its blade lighting the way for the rest of his allies, and his shield held in front of him to intercept any arrows the Lycanthropes might send at him. Realizing that he'll need to run through the sewage regardless the Paladin ignores the foul stench and cuts through the gap in the barricade before leaping back out and putting his back to the impediment, ready to cut down any of the creatures that come for him. "Unclean vermin! Today your taint shall be cleansed." He calls out, hoping to incite them to ignore the rest of his allies as they make their own attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

Dastan will cast Protection from Evil on Rennard before the duelist starts moving into position (He asked).
    Round 1 before attack: Activate Spiritual Bond to grant my weapon the Flaming property.

Surprise Round: Move Action to advance 8 squares due south (yay Haste!)
    Round 1: Double Move to head directly to the square due north of G1, going through the sludge where necessary. I counted it out, it comes to 16 squares of movement exactly. Swift Action to declare Smite Evil against G1 if Dresane didn't shoot at him or didn't hit him, or against G2 elsewise. Good thing I can have multiple Smites in effect, isn't it?

Summary:
    HP 52/52,

AC24, FF23, Touch 11 (Plus anything from any other buffs I might get, +4 to all against whoever I Smite)
    Fort +10 Ref +6 Will +11
    Resistance to Fire, Acid, Electricity 5
    Immune to Fear (Allies within 10' get +4 on Saves against Fear)
    Immune to Diseases
    Smite Evil 1/2
    Lay on Hands 8/8
    Righteous Wrath quotient: 52%

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

The plan set, Rennard logically analizes the situation and thinks of scenarios of how to use his resources most effectively

If you commit to an attack, don't second guess yourself and feint at the last moment. the fencer reminds himself, thinking back to his fencing lessons

With that though, the magus proceeds to bring forth all his arcane might to make his strike at the wererats as devastating as possible

Chanting whild performing quick movement of his hands, the invisible Rennard proceeds to cast three consecutive defensive spells upon himself: The first one would confuse the enemies of his location with illusionary decoys;the second would deflect the enemies' attacks and the third would minimize the damage received should the other two spells failed

Teeming with magical energies, the duelist once again takes his position behind the barricades and awaits for his companions, forcing his mind into a state of cool self awareness and rational judgment

Ready? asks Rennard to Reve
    Always, Bonded replies the blade with excitement

As soon as that communication was done, the fencer hears the paladin's challenge and subsequent charge on the other side of the barricade.

Without loosing a moment, Rennard explodes into a flurry of motion, pouring magical energies into his blade while once again summoning the devastating ice spell. Before the foes had a chance to react, the magus channels the spell through the rapier and delivers Three quick strikes at the furthermost robed figure

His attacks done, the fencer then jumps backwards right in the midst of the crossbow wielding wererats, hoping to disrupt their ranged fire by forcing them into melee

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Before approaching
    Cast Light on Reve (this way there will not be dim light conditions. The blade should remain invisible until the spell is broken)
    Cast Ablative Barrier (first 5 points of damage from every attack become non-lethal, up to 25 points)
    Cast Shield (5 min duration)
    Cast Mirror Image (5 min duration)

Round before combat
    Activate Arcane pool (1 min duration)
    Activate Black Blade strike (1 min duration)

Surprise Round
    5ft step to the left (East of W3/Hemil, NE of G2)
    Swift: Activate Arcane strike
    Standard: Cast Chill Touch, Use Spellstrike to hit G2
    Spellstrike - (1d20+15)[29] (3 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone +2 Attacking while Invisible) vs Flat Footed
    Damage - (1d6+8)[9] (1 STR + 3 Magic + 2 Arcane Stike + 2 Black blade strike)
    ChillTouch - (1d6)[5] (Negative energy, Fort DC 16 or take 1 STR damage)

Round 1
    Swift: Activate Arcane strike to use second charge from Chill Touch
    While fighting defensively, attack G2 and then 5 ft step north (South of W2, west of G1). If at any point G2 falls, move and attack W2 instead.
    Spellstrike - (1d20+9)[28] (3 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone - 4 Fighting Defensively) vs Flat Footed
    Damage - (1d6+8)[13] (1 STR + 3 Magic + 2 Arcane Stike + 2 Black blade strike)
    ChillTouch - (1d6)[5] (Negative energy, Fort DC 16 or take 1 STR damage)

If any of the enemies gives an AoO
    AoO - (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage - (1d6+8)[13]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=45/45
    AC=27 (18 touch, 21 FF)
    F=+7, R=+7, W=+5 (add +2 vs Evil)
    Arcane Pool=9/10
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 1/2
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3
    Arcane pool rounds left= 9/10
    Black blade strike rounds left = 9/10
    Mirror Images = 3 (75% Miss chance, an attack between 22 and 26 breaks one of the duplicates)
    Ablative Barrier HP = 25/25

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

As Rennard heads into position, Atavian shields Tallox with magic. Moments before the charge, he uses his extend rod in hastening his companions. I'll just walk to the fray... he smirks at the thought.

Tallox takes off at full speed. He leaps over the sludge, curls open his unnatural mouth and brings his teeth down on the barricade.

Atavian lets Jensi go ahead, and takes his previous thoughts to heart. He walks toward combat at a leisurely pace.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    Surprise: Move 12 squares down.
    Move: Jump Sludge (1d20+14)[26] (the huge bonus is from base speed of 60 ft)
    Power attack barricade: (1d20+9)[15] Damage: (1d6+13)[19]

Alternatively, if he can simply grab the barricade and toss it aside, he'd do that.
    Stength (1d20+5)[20]

Atavian: move 8 squares down
    Haste on all but Rennard and Atavian, 9/10 rounds remaining.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 39/39. AC: 25, 13 Touch, 23 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +4 Will

Atavian
    HP: 48/48 AC: 18, 15 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +6 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 5/6 2nd: 2/3
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-22 at 05:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Jensi

Jensi dashes along the narrow edge of the sewer, approaching the barricade at full tilt. Why would anybody live in sewers? he wonders to himself as he glances down at the viscous, stinking mass flowing beside him. Pulling himself back to the task, the youth raises one hand, from which thin, silvery, almost-transparent bands of light emanate, wrapping themselves around one of the robed wererats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will move 30 feet forwards on the ledge and cast Hold Person on W6. DC 18 Will Save.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

16. - Top - End - #1306

Dresane fires a pair of arrows into the wererats. The first very nearly goes straight through one of the lycanthrope guard's throat, but, at the last minute, it drops down slightly, slamming into his shoulder. A second arrow follows, striking him again as he staggers to his feet, surprised and caught unawares. Both burn with hatred, fire, and acid. He shrieks and falls.

Dastan, blazing sword in hand, is the very image of a heroic paladin, though the setting is rather less auspicious than a grand battlefield. Charging bravely ahead of his allies, Dastan gains a foothold on the barricade before the wererats are prepared to repel him, using sword and shield to ward away the defenders.

Rennard emerges from invisibility. Reve, cold with a shimmering frost, plunges twice into one of the robed wererat's chest. The duelist pulls back his sword; it comes away slick with frozen blood. The rat-man dies before it even has time to react to his assailant.

Tallox follows up Dastan's sprinting charge, his grey skin showing tensed, flexed muscles as the beyonder primes himself, then leaps at full speed over the slowly-running sewer sludge. Without pausing, Tallox follows through, smashing through a section of the barricade, leaving its shocked guardians squeaking in surprise. Atavian follows behind, though considerably less active in doing so.

Jensi runs behind the halfling summoner, waving his hands to cast a spell. The Varisian youth's spell finishes, a glowing light descending in a sparkling sheet over one of the wererats. It encases it completely, leaving the creature unable to move.

Aldrin wastes no time in disabling Hemil to fulfill the group's bargain with Eries. His sorcery renders the wererat a crumpled, slumbering body mere seconds after it hits.

The remaining wererat guards have lost half their number to the magic and steel of their attackers. They attempt to regroup and counter-attack. The grizzled, robed were waves his clawed, bony fingers jabbing at Rennard. A spell similar to the one Jensi has just cast, but less godly in nature, encircles Rennard. The magus shakes it off, however.

Two of the remaining guards drop their crossbows, drawing shortswords and stabbing at Dastan as the paladin mounts the barricade. The pair of attacks are easily deflected away by Dastan's shield.

The final wererat retreats backwards away from Tallox, not eager to contend with the beyonder alone. Instead he assesses Rennard as (relatively) easier prey. But the duelist's numerous defences confound him.

Round 2

Map

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: W1 should be one space down from its current position, as described above when he attacks Rennard. Shouldn't make any difference, though.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-05-23 at 11:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan smiles at the ratlike creatures opposing him, his cheer clashing severely with the drab surroundings and sounds of combat. He is clearly enjoying the battle, and steps forwards with serene calm to strike out at the second Wererat sorceror, who tried to throw a spell at his allies, and strikes swiftly at it. Empowered yet further by the Paladin's righteous power, the flames licking along his blade flare to a brilliant white.

Spoiler
    Show

Since I declared Smite on G1 last round, I'll 5-foot-step adjacent to him and full attack. Might as well use Power Attack, since I doubt these guys have too much by way of AC. If the first attack brings the wererat caster down, target the second attack at W5 and subtract 4 from the attack roll and 5 from the damage roll.

Attack 1: (1d20+14)[22] (5 BAB, 4 Str, 1 Enhancement, 1 Bless, 1 Haste, 4 Smite -2 Power Attack)
    Damage 1: (1d8+14)[17] plus (1d6)[3] Fire.
    Attack 2: (1d20+14)[18]
    Damage 2: (1d8+14)[16] plus (1d6)[1] Fire.

Summary:
    HP 52/52,

AC24, FF23, Touch 11 (+4 to all against G1)
    Fort +10 Ref +6 Will +11
    Resistance to Fire, Acid, Electricity 5
    Immune to Fear (Allies within 10' get +4 on Saves against Fear)
    Immune to Diseases
    Smite Evil 1/2
    Lay on Hands 8/8
    Righteous Wrath quotient: 41%

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground

With his companions already engaged in the battle, Rennard switches back to an offense oriented stance and quickly shortens the distance to his foe, delivering another strike of the frozen blade

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think you can step on a square occupied by a helpless target. If that is so, Rennard will move to the square occupied by Hemil, giving Tallox the chance of a second flank should W2 fall in between his attacks
    Swift: Arcane Strike
    Standard: Spellstrike with another dose of Chill touch against W1
    Spellsrike - (1d20+13)[26] (3 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone)
    Damage - (1d6+8)[11](1 STR + 3 Magic + 2 Arcane Stike + 2 Black blade strike)
    Chilltouch - (1d6)[3](Negative energy, Fort DC 16 or take 1 STR damage)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=45/45
    AC=27 (18 touch, 21 FF)
    F=+7, R=+7, W=+5 (add +2 vs Evil)
    Arcane Pool=9/10
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 1/2
    CMB= +4
    CMD= 18
    Hero points= 3/3
    Arcane pool rounds left= 8/10
    Black blade strike rounds left = 8/10
    Mirror Images = 3 (75% Miss chance, an attack between 22 and 26 breaks one of the duplicates)
    Ablative Barrier HP = 25/25

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Burn in hellfire!" Dresane stands firmly, her body never moving except one arm that mechanically draws back her bow and fires with the precision of an automaton.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to activate Bane. Full attack with rapid shot and haste against W5.

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[21], damage (1d8+4)[5]+(4d6)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[31], damage (1d8+4)[8]+(4d6)[14]
    Attack 3: (1d20+12)[21], damage (1d8+4)[11]+(4d6)[18]

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 47/47
    AC 21, flat-footed 16, touch 15
    Fortitude +5, reflex +6, will +7
    Attack bonus: +14 against humanoid (shapechanger)
    Damage bonus from buffs +2, +1d6 fire damage
    Buffs: flames of the faithful 3/5, divine favor 8/10
    Last edited by Minerva; 2012-05-24 at 12:38 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The muscles in Tallox's powerful, inhuman frame bulge as he begins swinging even as he steps forward. The fury of blows is reckless, but no less dangerous for the lycanthropes in his path.

Atavian moves to the edge and surveys the battle field. The caster is the biggest threat, but the tide of the battle is easily in his allies' favor for now. He studies the caster to see if he can help matters.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The map and description seem a little at odds. I had thought from the description that W1 moved down to attack Rennard, if so, Tallox 5ft steps to W1's current map position and attacks W2 with flanking (numbers are for no flanking though).

If my interpretation of the text is correct, attack W2 before W1.

If the map is correct as is, Attacks W1, if dropping him/her, 5ft step and attack W2 for flanking.

Tallox Full Power Attack Edit: Some bad rolls here...
    Bite 1: (1d10+9)[19] Damage: (1d6+13)[19]
    L Claw: (1d10+8)[18] Damage: (1d6+9)[12]
    R Claw: (1d10+8)[9] Damage: (1d6+9)[14]
    Bite 2: (1d10+9)[16] Damage: (1d6+13)[19]

Atavian: move 5 squares down, ready counter spell if applicable
    Spellcraft: (1d20+12)[25]

Haste on all but Rennard and Atavian, 8/10 rounds remaining.

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 39/39. AC: 25, 13 Touch, 23 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +3 Reflex, +4 Will

Atavian
    HP: 48/48 AC: 18, 15 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +6 Will.
    Spells: 1st: 5/6 2nd: 2/3
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-05-24 at 04:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311

Spoiler
    Show
    For brevity's sake, I'm going to skip Aldrin and Jensi this round, since I think neither would like to use a spell given the circumstances. Plus, it's quite possible there won't be another round after this. But if there is, Blisstake and RocketMan are entitled to two actions in recognition of that fact that they missed this round.

Dastan's longsword, awash in white flame cuts down the wererat spellcaster before he gets time to cast again, leaving a clean, cauterized thrust through the lycanthrope's chest.

Rennard's wererat gets a stab through the belly. It squeals in pain, and, as it tried to flee, is cut down from behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    I changed the order of actions here to make sense. The rat survived Rennard's turn, but not the AoO that followed.

Dresane leaves her target riddled with a trio of arrows. It falls with a splash into the sewer filth below.

And finally, Tallox does what Tallox does best. Though his attacks are not well aimed, they are sufficient to leave only a maimed corpse where an opponent stood.

Now, only two of the lycanthrope renegades remain: Hemil, asleep for the moment, and another, held, wild-eyed and frantic by Jensi's spell...

Spoiler
    Show
    We're out of combat now, so feel free to post. Keep in mind that you can coup de grace a helpless target, so if you attack, roll accordingly.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground

"Bind him," Aldrin orders to no one in particular, pointing at the were-rat trying to escape Jensi's spell. "Dresane, make sure no one's coming our way. And Eries, you can come out now, we have your son!" Once his mother comes by, Aldrin nudges Hemil awake. When the hostage appears to regain consciousness, the sorcerer says, "Hemil, no sudden movements. You're going to answer a few questions for us before we let you go. Oh, and thank your mother now, she risked a lot to make sure you're safe."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

The battle over, Rennard recovers from the lunge that killed the escaping wererat and makes a series of quick motions with his hand, dismissing most of the spells that had been acting on the magus.

The first thing to go are the mirror illusions, which end up coalescing in a single duelist. The second set of spells to be dismissed are the ones acting on the black rapier: Reve quickly unfreezes, leaving a few blood stains that the duelist cleans with an adept flick of his wrist.

As he dismisses the magic shield, the fencer turns to his companionsDastan, your chains will be needed once. the duelist says while pointing at the immobilized wererat. Jensi, would you please fetch Eries? It is more likely that will cooperate with us peacefully if he wakes up around a familiar face

No pun intended laughs the blade telepathically

We need to gather as much information as we can from both of them states the magus, mostly for the benefit of the Hellknight, whose personality has not been properly categorized by the magus, hence making her harder to predict
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-05-25 at 06:20 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

24. - Top - End - #1314

The young wererat blinks himself awake just as his mother scurries over. "How do you know my nam-- Mother." He scowls. "I'm grown up, mother. I make my own choices!" He looks back at his captors, his eyes defiant. "I won't tell you anything, tyrant scum."

Eries grimaces. "These people saved your like Hemie!"

"They're the enemy, mother! And don't call me 'Hemie!'"

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

The sight of Eries and her son, combined with the extraordinary risks taken by the wererat mother to ensure the safety of her son seemed to stir something long forgotten by the magus: a feeling of longing towards the mother he had never met.

Through his connection to Reve, the magus could feel the blade's empathy. Though, for some reason, the usually communicative blade remained silent

We don't have time for this mutters Rennard, both to himself, his companions and Hemil. With practiced effort, the duelist dismisses all emotions from his mind, leaving only rational though

Hemil, begins the fencer in a cold, detached voice you are unarmed and surrounded by the same force that bested you and other seven of your kin. The only reason you are still alive is thanks to your mother, who has promised information valuable enough to make the sparing of your life a logical choice. If you do not cooperate with us, you will position yourself as a threat, and that might change the current balance of your survival as the most logical outcome.

You have two options: Cooperate or risk undoing your mother's good will.

Make your choice

Spoiler
    Show
    Probably Aldrin will also intimidate. If so, Rennard will do just an Aid another. In the strange case where no one else tries to intimidate, here it goes
    Intimidate - (1d20+3)[9]

EDIT: Oh well...
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-05-25 at 08:17 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't bother Rennard, if he doesn't speak, we can always cut him down and question the spare," Aldrin motions lazily toward the other bound were-rat. "If he doesn't want to speak that's his loss, not ours."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate, or Bluff: (1d20+13)[28]

-1 if you think bluff applies better

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan sheathes his sword calmly, then walks to the paralyzed Wererat and quickly slaps the Manacles he carries habitually around the creatures wrists before the magic ensnaring him can wear off. Perhaps I should look into a few more pairs... These certainly get a lot of use. He watches the "interrogation" with narrowed eyes, but speaks with a tone of mild outrage when the others begin resorting to death-threats. "We do not kill captives. If we did, there would be nothing seperating us from the villains we fight. Hamil, we will not harm you now, but I must warn you; the reprieve your mother has earned you will only last this one time. If you try to harm the citizens of this city again, we will not hold back." He gazes directly into the were-rat's eyes, his expression stern. "You have been given a chance for a new start. Do not waste it."

Seemingly content at delivering his ultimatum and oblivious to the no-doubt negative effects of his statement on his allies' attempts to intimidate Hamil, Dastan turns his attention to the other surviver of the battle. "You, however, I have not yet made my mind up on. Why should I not haul you in chains to the Citadel to face judgement, vermin?"

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, Dastan may have ruined the Intimidate-train. Sorry, but threatening to torture and/or execute prisoners wasn't going to fly with him and he's terminally incapable of keeping his mouth shut.

Intimidate for the other Were-rat; Dastan may not be very good at this, but he's also not in the mood to negotiate: (1d20+4)[14]
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-05-26 at 02:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Hemil growls, speaking slowly and angrily. "You haven't even told me what you want to know. You've just threatened me with death, outsiders. Ask your questions, but make it quick." He spits on the ground. "You're forcing me to betray my people. I hope you can sleep well after that."

The other wererat, as Dastan finishes speaking, suddenly bolts, as it breaks free of Jensi's spell. "You ain't gonna take me nowhere, armour-man!" He is perhaps eighty feet away by now, running down the tunnel behind the barricade in the opposite direction of the way from which you attacked.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Jensi

"Huh, look at him go. He's pretty fast. I used to be pretty fast too, back when all the other children used to chase me around and hit me. But I'm pretty sure he's faster. Where do you think he's going?" Jensi ponders aloud, before looking horror-struck.

"Oh no! I bet he's going to warn the other wererats!" he exclaims. "We should stop him, should we? Hey, stop running!" Jensi calls, the last two words resonating with unexpected power and authority.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Hold Person on the fleeing werera. Will Save DC 18.
    Last edited by RocketMan; 2012-05-26 at 10:44 AM.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes, boy, he is running back to his fellows," Dresane cries, spinning and raising her bow. "For his own sake, your spell had better work!" She aims at the retreating wererat and draws back.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Jensi's spell works, she won't fire. If it does not, full attack. I honestly am not sure if bows can do nonlethal damage. If they can, do that. If not... hopefully he has negative hitpoints left.

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[27], damage (1d8+4)[8]+(2d6)[9]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[32], damage (1d8+4)[10]+(2d6)[7]
    Attack 3: (1d20+12)[30], damage (1d8+4)[5]+(2d6)[5]