New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Dastan tilts his head at Aldrin's confession, then speaks himself. "Need you ask? If not us, then who would do what needs to be done? I will be right behind you, Field Marshal, all the way to the end." To punctuate his words, he raises his fist in front of his heart in salute. A few seconds later he contines, somewhat embarrasedly. "Erm. Somewhat unrelatedly, are any of your people still in the Citadel showing signs of infection with the Plague? I... Think I might be able to do something about it. Perhaps. I've been thinking about this for a while, and if I applied my healing touch a little differently... Well, I'd like to try, if you don't mind."
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

"All the way to the end," Jensi chimes in gravely, repeating Dastan's expression with as much sobriety as he can muster. "Thank you for listening to us, we weren't sure you would - I mean, we were pretty sure, but not totally. If we all worth together, we can save the city from this plague!"
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard had remained silent during the trek to the Citadel, only acknowledging Aldrin for his concession towards the Maestro's reliability by giving a stern nod.

At the Field Marshal's office, the magus listens to his companions statements. When the young oracle finishes talking, the duelist begins to talk in his usual cold and rational tone

The authorities themselves brought down the plague on the population. We are facing a combination of assassins, demons, necromancers, cultists and an unknown number of politically powerful conspirators. We have no legal methods to act against our foes and even then most of our evidence could be labeled as circumstantial.

Logical analysis of the situation indicates that, if we continue with our plotted course of action, the probability of our survival is almost non-existent. And our chances of success are even lower.

Rennard clears his throat a little, and as if a glacial had melted, his voice begins to take color and inflection, revealing stoic resolution and pride on the work that must be accomplished

Despite every rational thought goes against it, we are the only ones that know if this plot and thus are the only ones with even a sliver of a chance to save the City.

I will stand by your side.
    finishes the fencer with a small bow

All of a sudden, the duelist can feel an intense feeling of approval emanating from the blade.

That's your heart, Bonded

Suddenly self conscious, Rennard merely mutters

I will be studying in one of the empty rooms. We need to be as prepared as we can

With that, the magus leaves the room

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane looks around Kroft's office at her new companions. "If true, this is a grave threat. I know that I am not one of you, but I would stand beside you in this. I serve a greater Law than any made by any Queen or King. Injustice must be met with terrible retribution. Chaos and disorder must be crushed. I have seen this city brought low by disease. Now he who is responsible must answer for the crime. If the law of the city demands that I die for this, then so be it, but the lesser law will not stop me from doing my duty to the greater." Her voice is a fiery zealous fervor, her face a mask of decisiveness.
    The wonderful Athena avatar is courtesy of Akrim.elf!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

"We have some who are infected, yes," Kroft says. "They've been moved, though. It's too risky to have them here; they could cripple the entire Guard. Well, more than we've already been crippled, I mean. If you want to try your hand at healing them, I'd be very grateful. But they're strong. They'll last a little longer. And one of the worst parts of this job is having to reconcile yourself to the fact that you can't bring all your people back unharmed. Putting an end to this has to be our priority."

"Right. I'll see you in the morning." She looks out one of the small windows, looking out at the city. "With luck, this ends tomorrow."

---------------------------

The rest of the night passes calmly, despite the dire circumstances. The sound of a trumpet greets you in the morning, which is overcast, with heavy grey clouds lingering above the city.

The Citadel's courtyard is far from empty as you leave your quarters. Twenty guardsmen and -women stand at attention, all heavily armed, with polished armour, spears, and swords. Cressida Kroft herself stands inspecting them, her own heavy suit of red steel plate looking well ready for battle. She is speaking to her men when you arrive. "- I trust you all to do whatever is necessary. We are the bulwark of Korvosa, a shield for her in her times of trouble. So prepare yourselves, and be ready to move!"

Kroft sees you as you arrive in the courtyard. She gives you a grim smile. "My best soldiers," she says. "They'll be positioned around the building to make sure no one escapes. Now, let's finish this."

-----------------------------

The Hospice of the Blessed Maidens is an expansive warehouse, with mundane brick and mortar walls that rise high above you, topped by a simple wooden roof. A large door allows entrance, and above this, a banner stitched with a long beaked bird benevolently clutching a flower gives the only overt sign that the building has been converted from its original, mercantile purpose.

"Captain," Kroft says to one of her guards, a man with a blond beard and a plumed helmet; "position your troop around the building. Detain anyone who enters or leaves. If anyone resists, you have my authorization to use any force necessary in performing your duties."

The captain salutes begins barking orders. Kroft, meanwhile, waves you forward. She pushes open the door to the Hospice with a shove. Inside, a stinging scent of alcohol and medicine permeates the air, an odour typical to hospices, morgues, and battlefields.

The warehouse's vast interior has been converted into one gigantic convalescent's ward, the stench of sickness choking each breath. Tight rows of low, stained cots cram the stone-floored hall. Every bed is filled with a pitiful sight, men and women groaning and wheezing as they are consumed by blood veil, their sufferings multiplied by the echoing chamber.

Between the rows of beds, doctors in their black gowns and crow-like masks walk silently, occasionally bending down to inspect a patient. One of them looks up as you enter. He glides over to you. "What brings the healthy to this blessed Hospice," he asks, his voice muffled beneath his mask.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

"We're here for Davaulus. Cease any and all activities in the meantime while we take the man. Any resistance will be met with force. Am I understood?"

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan takes up a position directly beside the Field Marshal, keeping watch against anyone who might seek to harm her. He holds his shield at the ready and keeps his right hand on the pommel of his sword. "Until we have concluded here, nobody is to attempt to leave the area." He turns towards Aldrin and Kroft and whispers, in at least an attempt at subtlety, "Search any who surrender for more symbols of Urgathoa. Any who bear them are certain to be traitors."

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian stays eerily quiet while the others speak. His expression is morose, an facade betraying a mere fraction of the turmoil that churns within him. If there was ever a moment for him to turn from the path, this was it. On one side there was charges of treason, a likely death and certainly a lot of pain no matter the outcome; on the other side, he knew he could flee, abandon Korvosa, so much of it was lost already, but he could be safe... what to choose? "I..."

"We're in," Tallox states nonchalantly.

The halfling nods and adds, "yes... yes, no matter what these threads unravel, we need to keep pulling... to the end."

---------------------------------

Even before entering the building, Atavian cloaks Tallox in a magical aegis. There was no doubt in his mind, they weren't going to able to resolve this with conversation.

Once inside, he stays close to Tallox and begins to look around the room for any signs of wrong doing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Mage armor
    Cast detect magic

Atavian Perception: (1d20+2)[18]
    Tallox Perception: (1d20+2)[19] Should have been +8 overall = 25
    Atavian Spellcraft: (1d20+13)[17]
    Atavian Know(nature): (1d20+6)[14]
    Atavian Know(arcana): (1d20+6)[24]
    Atavian Know(nobility): (1d20+6)[19]
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-06-13 at 02:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1449

The doctor listens without movement or words while Aldrin and Dastan speak. He seems ghostly and statue-like, inhuman in his stillness. "A moment," he says, gliding away back between the rows of beds as quickly as he has come, his robes never seeming to make any sound.

He returns, accompanied by several others. One is Doctor Davaulus, his crisp surgeon's robe trailing around him as he comes, looking at you with pale eyes as he pulls his beaked black mask up to his forehead. On either side of him are two Grey Maidens, their plate mail clanking as the come, their red cloaks flowing behind them.

"What is this?" Davaulus asks as he approaches, his voice paternal and collected, with a bedside quality to it despite the situation. "Any resistance will be met with force? And just what have we done to cause such offence?"

Dastan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. Davaulus and all of the other doctors do not detect as evil. The pair of Grey Maidens do, weakly, as do a few of the patients in the beds.

Kroft gives you all a sideways look, then speaks. "We have had some disturbing reports, Doctor. We wish to inspect your facilities thoroughly."

"Certainly," the Doctor replies, waving his hand. "You observe the entirety of them. We treat all our patients here, and then discharge them should they recover, or dispose of them should they die."

Dresane, Atavian, Rennard
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are aware that Arkona warehouses are rumoured to have secret sublevels to hide the goods they smuggle in and out of the city. Either the doctors don't know about this, or are lying.

Tallox
    Spoiler
    Show
    The eidolon can perceive that a section of one of the walls of the warehouse is considerably thicker than the others. Certainly thicker than it would need to be just to support the roof.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-06-13 at 02:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard remains silent during the interaction with the Doctor, leaving the conversation to his far more capable companions

Instead, the magus's mind begins to race through the compendium of architectural information stored in his mind, which he had learned in his "spare time" at the Academy, where the fencer had not formed close enough bonds with his fellow students to ever be distracted by socializing. Cross referencing the information against public smuggling records (these he had read when the Maestro had been out of town for a week), the duelist is able to narrow the search area

That wall is inconsistent with the rest of the design points out Rennard as he approaches the conspicuously thick wall and begins a more thorough examination

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception, take 20 for a 27 (28 if Jensi give guidance). If anyone with a larger perception
    *ahem *inquisitor *ahem
    bonus wants to look, he'll do aid another

I need to do something about that cough

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

"Tell me about your service record prior to your current position. Who assigned you as the head of the Queen's Physicians?"

After asking the question, Aldrin glances across the room to see if there are any obvious magical auras.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using detect magic.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Tallox whispers to Atavian who then studies the wall for a long time. He then whispers to the others, "this wall is much thicker than it should be, these warehouses often have secret sub-levels, we should check for hidden passages or rooms."

Spoiler
    Show
    Love terminals with free wifi.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Answer the questions, Davaulus," the Hellknight barks. "And I warn you against flippancy. Speak only the truth or you will be judged for it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Using detect lies on the good doctor.

She marches over to where Rennard inspects the wall. "Did you know that this building likely contained a secret basement when you requisitioned it for your headquarters?" she asks as she searches.

Spoiler
    Show
    taking 20 on perception for total of 31 (31 with guidance).

14. - Top - End - #1454

"I was assigned by Her Majesty, of course, with the help of her councillors," Davaulus replies, agitatedly. "If you merely wish to speculate about the nature of the building, please do so when there is not the urgent business of curing the blood veil. Field Marshal, you have seen our facilities and done your work admirably. Now please, take your men away and let us do ours."

Kroft scowls. "Our search of this structure includes looking at anything we please, Doctor, even walls. I suggest you return to your work if it is so important to you, or else remain and answer our questions."

Doctor Davaulus looks uneasy when Dresane asks her questions. "A Hell knight, Field Marshal? Is that really necessary? " He sighs. "This is the first I have heard of any such secret passage nonsense. Field Marshal, you would do well not to let your men and women pursue fanciful tales instead of real troubles that ail this city."

Dresane
    Spoiler
    Show
    The above is a lie.

As Dresane and Rennard scan the thick wall, something out of place becomes obvious to them. A single brick is darker then the others, and worn smooth by friction against it. A push against it results in a rumbling, grating noise, and, before your eyes, a segment of the wall scrapes sideways, out of sight. A small room has been opened up. It is made of wood planks, a simple box with chains descending from its ceiling. It takes a moment to realize that it is not in fact a room, but a lift, with a lever to crank it downwards.

Doctor Davaulus looks at the lift, his mouth twitching. "Ah. Curious. But surely the work of treating the injured must come before rooting out whatever smugglers might have left inside. We will keep it hidden and guarded until this crisis has abated, I assure you."

Aldrin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doctors each have a few items with faint magical auras on their persons, usually potions or wands. But all of their masks radiate an aura of faint conjuration.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-06-13 at 08:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

"I agree," Aldrin responds, "Keeping these people safe should be our top priority, which is why we're going to deal with you first. Cresida, do you think any of your men could get some of the Sarenrae priests in here?"

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

16. - Top - End - #1456

"Of course," Kroft says. She walks over to the warehouse's entrance and calls: "Captain Ansell, a moment."

The blond bearded officer who you presume to be Captain Ansell appears at the door. "Ma'am? Is there a problem." He looks around at the doctors suspiciously, a hand on his sword hilt.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

"Captain, there are some sick men and women in here, and the doctors are under our scrutiny. Would you please send some men to the various churces to see if they can spare any priests to watch over the sick here?"

Clearing his throat he returns his attention to Davaulus, "As you can see, that's been taken care of. We need proper priests in here, not ones devoted to Uragotha. Doctor, we have significant evidence that implicates you in bringing the Blood Veil to Korvosa. Surrender your weapons at once."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Dwarf in the Playground

"And there is yet more evidence in the lies behind your words, doctor. Your falsehoods are at an end, as is your destruction. Surrender or I will send you to an eternity of torment for your treachery." Dresane's voice contains searing anger, and the way she glares at Davaulus, perhaps she would prefer that he did not surrender.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Jensi wanders around the hospice disconsolately, not really paying any attention to the ongoing interrogation of Doctor Devaulus. These poor people! Jensi thinks despairing as he walks through the aisles of beds. They came here with hope, and these bad men, these fake doctors, they didn't help!

Yes, but you are not bound by their ill deeds. There is still hope for these people. You can help them - we can help them.

Jensi's head reverberates as the voice, crystalline and female, fades. He surveys the room again, his purple eyes dancing with sadness and rage. Somewhere in the distance - he's not sure where, it sounds impossibly far - the oracle can hear Aldrin's voice, ordering the Doctor to surrender.

"This is over!" Jensi calls, raising one hand in the air. "No more of this! We're going to save these people!" The youth raises his hand high in the air, and a wave of pure white light blasts forth, rippling through the hospital.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi has wandered to the centre of the hospice, before using Channel Energy, hitting every patient within the radius and excluding as many doctors as possible (6).

Channel Energy: (3d6)[10]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Once the passage is revealed, Rennard turns to Davaulus

Doctor, you need to think about this logically: We will investigate what is underneath this building and, if there is any proof down there that might indicate your knowledge or involvement, we will find out and you will face the full consequences.

On the other hand, if you cooperate now and tell us what is below so we can be better prepared, you could improve your current standing.

Due to the Hellkight, lying is not an option. Thus cooperating with us is the only logical choice

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what roll this would be, but I'm going to say intimidate. If anyone with actual proficiency in intimidation also tries to extract info form Davaulus, Rennard will perform Aid another
    Intimidate - (1d20+3)[6]
    EDIT: so sad...
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-06-14 at 11:04 AM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

21. - Top - End - #1461

Captain Ansell nods, saluting the Field Marshal. He leaves to deliver the message to his men.

Then Davaulus speaks, his tone grim. "That is a very serious allegation," he says. "Disable the Varisians if possible. Kill the others."

The pair of Grey Maidens flanking Davaulus draw their swords and stride towards Dastan and Tallox, moving to the flanks. Dastan's armour saves him from a powerful sword thrust, but Tallox receives a wound. Both of the armoured female bodyguards sink into defensive stances, their shields held out in front of them.

The doctors, upon Davaulus' command, look up from their work as one. Ghoulishly, they advance on the party without any words, like ravens descending on carrion. Jensi is the main target, as his wandering has left him exposed. Three of the doctors surround him, and out of their robes whirl long handled, gnarled clubs. The young oracle is struck once in the back of his knee, dropping him to the ground. As he falls, he takes a blow to the back of the head, and another to the temple, all of them falling with anatomical precision.

Spoiler
    Show
    30 nonlethal damage to Jensi, and he's prone from being tripped.

But the patients Jensi has healed groan in relief as the worse of their blisters close for now. Perhaps his sacrifice is worth it for that alone.

Another doctor advances on Dresane, but the inquisitor dodges the attack without much trouble. Two more are coming towards the fray from the opposite end of the warehouse.

Davaulus himself steps backwards. He draws a flask from his coat, then another, and another. Expressionless, he throws the three of them at Kroft. All three strike the Field Marshal and explode in a shower of sickly green flame that spreads to those around her. "Ahhh!" Kroft keeps her feet, but it is a near thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    53 damage to Kroft. 27 damage each to Tallox, Dastan, Atavian, and Aldrin. If you can succeed on a DC19 Ref save, you'll take half (i.e. 13)

Round 1

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Each of the beige squares is a cot. Each cot has a rather weak individual contained within. Jensi's channeling has bolstered them somewhat, but keep in mind their health should AoE effects be applied.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-06-14 at 10:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian growls at the pain and immediately hastens his allies with the metamagic rod. He then rushes to Tallox's side as he shouts, "spread out!"

The beyonder does not waste any time. Even as Atavian moves he sidesteps and launches into the grey maiden.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian: cast Extended Haste
    Move one square diagonally up from Tallox

Tallox: Full power attack
    Bite 1: (1d20+11)[22] Damage: (1d8+15)[23]
    L Claw: (1d20+10)[28] Damage: (1d4+10)[11]
    R Claw: (1d20+10)[22] Damage: (1d4+10)[11]
    Rend: (if both L claw/ R claw hit) (1d4+9)[11]
    Bite 2: (1d20+11)[22] Damage: (1d8+15)[20]

Buffs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor: Tallox 5 hrs/5 hrs (still active from before)
    Haste: 10/10 rnds remaining On: Tallox, Atavian, Kroft, Dastan, Jensi

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 30/48. AC: 24 (19), 17 (12) Touch, 21 (17) Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +4 (3) Reflex (also, evasion), +4 Will (+8 enchantments)

Atavian
    HP: 40/58 AC: 19, 16 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +7 Fortitude, +8 (7) Reflex, +9 Will.
    (Note: Saves and AC listed with shield ally in effect)
    Spells: 1st: 5/6 2nd: 3/4
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-06-14 at 01:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463

Jensi yelps as the clubs bash into him from all directions, and he is tripped to the ground. "Owww, owww, ouch, oww!" Jensi emanates a chorus of squeaks. But he's not finished: laying on the ground, he raises his hand again, and once more white light spills over the hospital.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will stay prone, as I have a feeling that the AOOs will finish him if he stands. Channel Energy doesn't provoke, and he'll target everyone in range except for wounded enemies.

Channel Energy: (3d6)[5]

Also, if anyone could take out D3, or D1 and D4, to remove the flank/sneak attack, that would be fantastic!
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan immediately retaliates against the plate-armoured woman who attacked him, sword once again blazing with divine power. "So, you show your true faces at last, traitors. Those you have harmed will be avenged!" By now he is growing quite familiar with fighting under the effect's of Atavian's haste spell, and rains his attacks down on his opponent with lethal precision, completely ignoring the injuries inflicted by Davaulus' firebombs. In fact... He doesn't seem to bear any injuries at all, beyond slightly scorched clothing.

Spoiler
    Show

Ref Save for half damage: (1d20+6)[20]

Activating Smite Evil targetting G2 as a Swift action, then using a Full Attack to try and eliminate her. If she goes down before I run out of attacks, 5-foot-step into her square and continue against D1, who will be Flanked and attacks against him will be 2 lower than against G2. If she goes down at all, 5-foot-step into her square. Power Attack.

Attack 1: (1d20+15)[34] (+4 Str, +6 BAB, +1 Enhancement, +1 Haste, +1 Bless, +4 Smite, -2 Power Attack)
    Damage 1: (1d8+16)[21]
    Attack 2: (1d20+15)[29] (-2 if G2 has gone down)
    Damage 2: (1d8+16)[24] (-6 if G2 has gone down)
    Attack 3: (1d20+10)[21] (-2 if G2 has gone down)
    Damage 2: (1d8+16)[22] (-6 if G2 has gone down)

Summary:
    HP: 63/63

AC 24, FF23, Touch 11 (add 4 against G2)
    Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +12 (add 1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Fire, Elec, Cold resist 5
    Immune to Fear (allies within 10' get +4)
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil: 1/2
    Lay on Hands: 9/9
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-06-14 at 01:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You will not take me alive, fiend! And neither will I take you alive! There will be no mercy for you! I judge you to be worthy only of death!" Dresane screams over the battle. She fires ruthlessly into one of the doctors, aiming right for his beaked head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free, 5 foot step towards Rennard's current spot.
    Swift, activate Bane.
    Move, activate Judgement (+3 damage)
    Standard: attack D3: (1d20+15)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[10]+(3d6)[12]

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard is taken aback by the sudden surprise attack and belittles himself for not having prepared ahead of time.

Bonded... comes Reve's voice through the telepathic channel. For some reason, the blade's tone was odd I am angry too

The duelist thinks of denying the rapier's asseveration, but pauses. Deep down, buried underneath the cold logic, the fencer's very soul was teeming with rage at the doctor's betrayal

I will make them pay agrees Rennard as he begins to trace the sygils of "cold" and "slow"

But, as he completes the spell, the magus feels a vast magical power joinign his own, bolstering his magic and making the deadly spell something more powerful than anything the duelist had ever conjured before.

No, WE will make them pay corrects Reve, her voice now clear. And angry

Teeming with magical power, Rennard assesses the battlefield.

Seeing his allies' devastating attacks against the minions, the duelist judges that that neutralizing their leader should take priority

Dashing through the battlefield, the magus unsheathes his sword and lunges at the betrayer, ready to pierce his heart

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate Arcane pool
    Using Magus Arcana, cast Empowered Frigid Touch
    Charge and use spellstrike against the Doc
    Attack - (1d20+19)[34](4 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone +1 haste +1 Bless +2 Charge) (EDIT: made a mistake with the BAB, subtract 1 from result)
    damage - (1d6+4)[8](1 STR + 3 Magic)
    FrigidTouch - (6d6)[21] Cold damage. Target is staggered for one round (no save)

If Critical hit confirms (34 vs AC), add 33 damage (23 cold) and stagger effect lasts one minute

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=52/52
    AC=20 (14 touch, 16 FF) (-2 charge +1 Haste)
    F=+8, R=+8, W=+6
    Arcane Pool=10/11
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 2/2
    Empower magic = 0/1
    CMB= +5
    CMD= 19
    Hero points= 3/3
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-06-14 at 03:04 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

"Nngh! Dammit, you'll pay for this, Davaulus!"

A flash of anger overcomes Aldrin from the man's cowardly tactics, and he focuses on sending the man the loudest, most disruptive burst of sonic energy possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    EPS on Davaulus. I rolled 14 damage in the OOC (DC 18 fort)

If not needed, I'll use it on one of the doctors instead (D1, I suppose)

HP: 32/51

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

28. - Top - End - #1468

Tallox and Dastan both face off against the Grey Maidens. Though doubtlessly skilled warriors, the bodyguards are one-on-one no match at all for the paladin and the beyonder. Tallox tears jagged holes in grey plate mail that well up with blood. Dastan's sword, alight with the powers of Iomedae, pierces a grey gorget. Both Maidens fall with only quiet gasps of pain. Dastan follows through by easily cutting down one of the treacherous doctors.

Jensi's healing seems somehow muted compared to what the oracle is usually capable of. It might be luck, or perhaps the vile influence of Urgathoa; regardless, a wave of white energy mends some of the burns caused by Davaulus' explosives.

Dresane's arrow culls another doctor, feathering him through the throat. Without so much as a whimper, the eerie figure falls.

Rennard goes for the principle threat, ignoring the minions. Reve pierces a hole right through Davaulus' body, making the doctor cry out in pain as he looks down at the wound, which is freezing over with chilling frost before his eyes. He remains standing, though. Until he cries out again, his mind wracked by incredible pain from Aldrin's blast of magic. It might even be called justice that the man who caused Korvosa so much suffering dies screaming in agony as his mind is overloaded. He staggers, then drops, convulsing while, gradually, all movement ceases.

Kroft, weakened severely, nonetheless cries out: "For Korvosa!" The Field Marshal rushes towards where Jensi has fallen, a fine longsword in hand and a shield poised. Her sword cuts a deep gash in one of the doctors black leather gowns, but the foe is not yet dead. "Bah, I'll get you soon," she growls.

The remaining doctors swarm over Jensi once more, all gravitating towards the prone oracle like carrion birds. Only this time, they seem to know that they will not survive. Instead of clubs, out come long, silver knives. Bent over, they cut and stab at Jensi, again and again.

Spoiler
    Show
    39 lethal damage to Jensi.

Round 2

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Forgot to move Kroft on the map. She's one square above Jensi.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-06-14 at 08:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Jensi!!! NO!!!" Atavian and Tallox scream in unison. Evidence of their mutual love and gratitude for Jensi or further evidence of their soul bond growing stronger? Their senses blend, but the halfling's hastened muscles react faster for once, charging across the battlefield.

Atavian sprints forward, directly toward his ally, Jensi. He pulls back his small arm as if to rend a doctor with a massive claw that belongs on the beyonder's frame. Yet, with the swing of his arm, he rends the very fabric of space.

As if an extension of the halfling's will, Tallox tears through the rend and directly into the nearest doctor. Leaping, mauling and gnashing with unbridled carnage to save the nice healing mortal.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian:
    Move: move within range
    Standard: Maker's cal to put Tallox at the square up from Jensi

Tallox: Full power attack, square up from Jensi, 5ft step to next enemy if needed
    Bite 1: (1d20+11)[30] Damage: (1d8+15)[22]+19 = 41 on 20 confirm
    L Claw: (1d20+10)[15] Damage: (1d4+9)[10]
    R Claw: (1d20+10)[13] Damage: (1d4+9)[10]
    Rend: (if both L claw/ R claw hit same target) (1d4+9)[12]
    Bite 2: (1d20+11)[27] Damage: (1d8+15)[16]

Buffs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor: Tallox 5 hrs/5 hrs (still active from before)
    Haste: 9/10 rnds remaining On: Tallox, Atavian, Kroft, Dastan, Jensi

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 35/48. AC: 24 (19), 17 (12) Touch, 21 (17) Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +4 (3) Reflex (also, evasion), +4 Will (+8 enchantments)

Atavian
    HP: 45/58 AC: 19, 16 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +7 Fortitude, +8 (7) Reflex, +9 Will.
    (Note: Saves and AC listed with shield ally in effect)
    Spells: 1st: 5/6 2nd: 3/4
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2012-06-15 at 12:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane looks to Aldrin and his plan, then to Atavian, who suddenly summons Tallox to rend... everything, it seemed. "Whatever is your plan, Kress, act now," says, dropping her bow and sprinting to Jensi. Her gauntlets lock around the fallen oracle's arms.