Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Spoiler
    Show
    My post isn't showing up.

Edit: there it is.
    Last edited by Minerva; 2012-06-14 at 09:04 PM.
    The wonderful Athena avatar is courtesy of Akrim.elf!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Aaah," Jensi screams as the first knife slashes into his flesh, drawing blood profusely. His screams continue unabated as the doctors flock around the fallen youth, cutting at his helpless form. The oracle's tunic is quickly stained red with his own blood, and he can do little more than curl up in a ball.

This isn't a good way to die, he thinks through the pain. Like a bad dream, but I suppose I won't wake up from this one... He closes his eyes.

This isn't the way it ends, Jensi, a voice rings out in his head, the same one as before. Not yet. To observers, a shimmering, rainbow aura seems to settle around youth's form, and then, suddenly, a bright pulse of light emanates from his body. Some of his wounds seal.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel Energy, with the obvious exclusions: (3d6)[14]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Deducing that Tallox's sudden teleportation would foilAldrin's plan, Rennard quickly dashes around the battlefield.

Summoning the debilitating spell that had failed to incapacitate the Red Mantis assassin, the magus lunges at one of the doctors, attempting to reciprocate his treatment of Jensi by knocking him unconscious

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Arcane Strike
    Cast Frostbite, spellstriek while charging at D5, non lethal damage
    (1d20+14)[19] (4 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone +1 haste +1 Bless +2 Charge-4 non lethal)
    Damage - (1d6+6)[11](1 STR + 3 Magic+2 Arcane strike), Non-lethal
    Frostbite - (1d6+6)[9] (nonlethal cold damage, target is fatigued)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=52/52
    AC=20 (14 touch, 16 FF) (-2 charge +1 Haste)
    F=+8, R=+8, W=+6
    Arcane Pool=10/11
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 2/2
    Empower magic = 0/1
    CMB= +5
    CMD= 19
    Hero points= 3/3
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-06-15 at 01:31 AM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the false doctors attacking Jensi, Dastan immediately rushes to the Varisian youth's aid, ignoring the knife-wielding masked attackers to focus on protecting his ally. He reaches out to grasp one of Jensi's hands with his own healing touch, dropping his sword to free his hand, as Tallox tears apart the doctors around him. "Villains! Attack me, leave the child out of it!" He shouts at the remaining doctors as he reaches down to pick up his dropped weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

5-foot-step adjacent to Jensi, drop sword, Lay on Hands, pick up sword as a Move action. Darned bad guys; it's a lot easier to heal myself than to heal my teammates!

Lay on Hands: (4d6)[13]

Summary:
    HP: 63/63

AC 24, FF23, Touch 11 (add 4 against G2)
    Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +12 (add 1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Fire, Elec, Cold resist 5
    Immune to Fear (allies within 10' get +4)
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil: 1/2
    Lay on Hands: 8/9
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, Minerva, for not getting back to you OOC. In the interest of speed, I'm guessing your revised action would have been a full attack. I've rolled accordingly.

Murderously attacking Jensi is the last thing the four doctors will ever do. While Dastan heals the fallen oracle, Tallox, Dresane, and Kroft tear apart the secret cultists. Jensi's own healing light awakens with the oracle, flowing over the room in a soothing radiance.

With all the doctors defeated, the warehouse-turned-hospice now lies quiet, except for the constant moaning of its patients, which hums through the room like the buzzing of an insect.

A moment later, the warehouse doors open, and five of Kroft's guards, with their Captain, enter. They look around, swords drawn. "Ma'am," the Captain says; "What's going on, ma'am. We heard fighting from outside."

"The Queen's Physicians are not as they seem. Send a man back to the Citadel with orders to inform the rest of the Guard, and Sable Company, that all Queen's Physicians are to be taken into custody."

The Captain salutes, and motions for one of his men to follow the instruction. "What now," he says. "We have priests on their way..."

Kroft turns to you. "You have more experience with these sorts of situations than do I. Wait for the priests, or go down that elevator now? Your call."
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

As Kroft speaks, Atavian removes on of the doctor's masks to see what exactly is underneath.

He replies to Kroft, "Kroft, how certain are we that we can trust Sable Company? Togomor and Davaulus both appeared around the same time. Sable Company answers to Togomor, until we know he is uninvolved, things may go smoother if he is in the dark."

"But, we need to go down. The missing Varisians might be there. They probably aren't alone and those guards may know we are coming."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin narrows his eyes at the passage down, takes a deep breath, then responds. "We might not get another chance; we have to explore this now. I hate to ask this, Cresida, but you may need to stay here to keep anyone from harming the priests or patients, and to stop anyone from coming down after us. You have more authority than anyone else here. In fact, only Queen Ileosa can lawfully order you to stand down."

"But if that's what it comes to..." The sorcerer takes a look at the miserable state of the patients, and the corpses of the traitorous doctors who inflicted them in the first place. "You may need to hold her off too."

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

8. - Top - End - #1478

Atavian removes one of the doctors' masks. Underneath is a human face, clearly not undead, yet somehow strange, with pale, darkly-lidded eyes and a drained complexion.

Rennard, Aldrin
    Spoiler
    Show
    These physical changes are similar to the effects of long term enchantments that control minds, though far from identical.

"Sable Company answers to the Seneschal in the same way the Guard answers to the Queen. I know Commandant Endrin, their commander, personally. He's a good man, and so are his troopers. And I know for a fact that he hates the Seneschal. Sable Company won't let us down."

When Aldrin tells Cressida that she might need to stay put, her face shows disappointment and resignation. "I... Damn it, you're right. She takes a deep breath. "You go. I'll stay here and hold off anyone and anything trying to stop you from finishing this... I don't know what you'll find down there, but you have to win. We're all counting on you."

"And if I don't see all of you again... It's been an honour."
    Korvosa's Field Marshal draws herself up to a heartfelt salute. "Good luck."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to say any (possible) last words, give any instructions, or make any preparations, now's the time. When you're ready to head down, let me know.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

There are signs of mind controlling. exclaims Rennard, who had been carefully examining the fallen doctors We do not know the source yet, but we must be cautious.

The magus addresses Kroft

Field Marshall, please keep these masks away from your men. They should be thoroughly examined when we come back

The duelist's voice shows no concern. Failure was not an option, thus there was no need to plan or act under said assumption

Rennard merely walks up to Jensi

Jensi, it is most probable that you will be targeted again. You play too important of a role on our survival clearly, the fencer was not going to admit that he worried about the young Oracle Stay still for a moment, I will use one of my spells to mitigate future damage

After creating the magic barrier on Jensi, Rennard redirect his arcane powers into recasting the same spell on himself.

Preparations done, Rennard merely says "Ready" and moves to the lift, waiting for his companions to follow

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I am ready also," the Hellknight inquisitor says firmly, staring down the elevator as though it is a dangerous animal that must be intimidated. "None will escape justice."

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

"Good luck Cresida, and do what you have to do. I trust you to keep this whole place safe by the time we return. Thank you for keeping the only place I can call home still standing."

Turning to the rest of the group, he clears his throat, and begins speaking. "We have to explore this place swiftly, but at the same time carefully. Keep your eyes open, and don't hold anything back against those that would threaten us, and by extension the city. And Dresane..."

Aldrin extends a hand toward the Hellknight, "I didn't want you here at first, but it looks like you're stuck with us. Despite everything, I'm glad you're here... I didn't think it possible, but it sounds like you have Korvosa's best interests in mind. So, can we trust eachother?"

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Troll in the Playground

"Field Marshal, do you require healing before we head for the basement?" Dastan asks, looking concerned, "You look somewhat the worse for wear. Either way, I appreciate the trust you've shown in us these last few days. It can't have been easy, hearing our stories of demonic conspiracies and cultist doctors."

When Aldrin makes his comments to Dresane, a contemplative look appears on his face, but the Paladin says nothing. I wonder... Perhaps, in the end, she is not quite as tied to the Hells as she might proclaim. I might be able to save this one, with a little patience and a good example. Putting such concerns out of his head, he returns his attention to the task at hand. "We should be more careful in the future. If we had waited until the doctors were all bound before spreading out, we would have been much less vulnerable when they attacked. We're going to need a lot more manacles..."

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We can." Dresane accepts Aldrin's hand, somewhat awkwardly. She's more used to saluting than shaking hands. "I have made my vows to help you, and I will see them through. I am willing to kill and die in the service of the greater law of my Lord Asmodeus, and unlike most, I do not need to love a place to do these things on its behalf."

She clears her throat, looking down at the ground. "Cress, when this is over... If we still live, I will find for you, if it is within my power, what it is your parents have done. If you wish this knowledge." She looks exceedingly awkward right now, far more used to giving and receiving orders than... whatever this was.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, but..." the sorcerer looks down the elevator and back to Dresane. "I think we need to deal with this first, before we make any plans afterword. Everyone ready?"

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"We'll meet up with you soon Cressida. Be careful and remember you are more valuable to this city alive. So don't do anything rash." Atavian nods to the others and gets on the lift, "let's do this." Tallox curls his fingers and grin, seemingly anxious for a bit more carnage.

16. - Top - End - #1486

You board the elevator, and it begins its descent into the earth, the journey filled with the clatter of its unwinding chains. The elevator is lowered down a stone shoot, that gets colder and more moist as you drop. Dripping water drips down alongside you through the stone bricks. And then, with a grinding screech, the elevator comes arduously to a halt.

It's wood door creaks open, revealing to you a strange, macabre room. The scuffed stone walls of it have been plastered over and then decorated with lurid murals of skeletons cavorting among the dead. A few sleeping mats line one wall, while a low table carrying a dim candle and a black book sits on the other wall. Opposite the elevator is a set of iron-shod double doors, embossed with an image of two grim guardians that take the form of skeletal women with scythes crossed.

A low cry greets you, somewhere between a hunting panther's roar and the whinny of a dying horse. The maker of the sound is a horrific creature that stands in front of the doorway. It stalks slowly towards the elevator upon a pair of clipped hooves, vaguely man-shaped, but with the legs of a diseased goat. Where its head should be rests a sun-bleached horse's skull, with an unnatural darkness filling it. Behind its head, filthy back wings droop down. Upon its festering flesh crawl maggots and worms, and a cloud of flies buzzes around it, their noises a morbid harmony it its bony clatter.

Four other figures stand as well. These are human, male and female, with long black robes overlaid with greenish-black armour. Their faces are uncovered, gaunt and dark, with a tattooed fly with skull-shaped abdomen on the centre of their forehead. They have drawn their weapons, curved sickles, that glimmer with magic.

Round 1

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    You'll have time to buff in the elevator. If you want to do that, list your buffs in your next post.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

Not even considering diplomacy, Aldrin is quick to cast a spell, chanting, "Open, Maw of Nessus! Impale their flesh upon your teeth." He points his hands toward two of the robed figures, them spreads them apart.

The floor opens up beneath them, forming a pit covered in jagged red spikes on the bottom and sides.

Spoiler
    Show
    Staying still, and using Spike Pit on the 10x10 square including C1 and C3. DC 19 reflex. If they fail, they take (3d6)[9] falling damage, and [roll]2d6 piercing damage. The DC to climb out is 20, and the pit is 30 feet deep. If they attempt to climb out, they take an additional (1d6)[5] piercing damage per round.

If they succeed, they move to a nearby unoccupied space.

HP: 46/51
    F: +5, R: +5, W +6

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan looks at the monstrousity before him, then spares a momentary glance for the cultists. "I will destroy the monster. Focus your efforts on the Urgathoans." Having clarified his intentions, the Paladin readies his shield, raises his sword and charges ahead at the skull-headed beast, brilliant white light emanating from his weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

On the way down I would activate my weapon bond, increasing the sword's enhancement bonus to +2.

Activate Smite Evil as a Swift Action targetting big D, then charging it. Using Power Attack.

Attack: (1d20+17)[25] (+4 Str, +6 BAB, +2 Enhancement, +1 Bless, +4 Smite, -2 Power Attack, +2 Charge), plus any other relevent buffs that are cast on me.
    Damage: (1d8+17)[18] (Add 6 if the opponent is an Evil Outsider or Undead, which the skeleton head pretty much guarantees, plus any relevent buffs)

Summary:

AC 21, FF21, Touch 10 (add 4 against big D)
    Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +12 (add 1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil: 0/2

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

Carefully weighting the options available to him, Rennard decides that it would be most efficient to debilitate the unknown creature (he would definitely need to look up it's origins later in order to be better prepared in the future)

Faible! exclaims the magus, summoning forth a Ray of Negative energy directed at the outsider

As soon as the spell is released, the fencer uses his enhanced mobility to circumvent the cultists, trying to prevent them from using the victims as shields

Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black Blade Strike (1min)
    Shield (6min)
    Mirror image for (1d4+2)[3] copies (6min)
    Ablative Barrier= 30 points (6 hours)

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate Arcane pool (+3 Keen weapon)

Cast Ray of Enfeeblement
    Attack - (1d20+8)[14] (ranged touch attack)
    EDIT: Add +1 for Haste and +1 for the ioun stone, add another +1 if we are still under the influence of bless
    Breakdown: (4DEX+4BAB+1Haste+1Ioun Stone), add another +1 if Blessed

Damage - (1d6+3)[9] STR damage

If a Spell resistance check is needed
    SR - (1d20+11)[27] (6lvl+5INT)
    EDIT subtract 5, INT should not have been added

Move next to C4, preferably obstructing his/her way if they decide to attack the people in the cots

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=52/52
    AC=25 (15 touch, 20 FF)
    F=+8, R=+8, W=+6
    Arcane Pool=3/11
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 1/2
    Empower magic = 0/1
    CMB= +5
    CMD= 19
    Hero points= 3/3
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-06-18 at 02:55 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian steels himself mentally for whatever lies at the bottom. Anticipating danger, he hastens his allies with the metamagic rod even as the wood doors creep open.

The halfling stands in place stands in place wide-eyed, slack-jawed and horrified, before he finally mutters, "Abadar preserve us..." Almost catatonically, he enshrouds Tallox with protection against the evil before them. Atavian keeps his distance from the monster, remaining in the elevator for the moment.

Tallox, who wasn't looking forward to putting that thing into his mouth anyway, follows Dastan's instructions and charges for the nearest Urgathoan.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian: Cast Prot Evil on Tallox

Tallox: Charge power attack, C4
    Bite: (1d20+13)[22]+2=24 changed due to BS... heh... that's funny
    Damage: (1d8+15)[20]+3=23 due to BS

Buffs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor: Tallox 6 hrs/6 hrs (still active from before)
    Prot Evil: Tallox 6/6 Minutes remaining
    Bull's strength: Tallox 6/6 Minutes remaining
    Haste: 9/10 rnds remaining On: Tallox, Atavian, Rennard, Dastan, Dresane, Aldrin

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 48/48. AC: 26 (19), 19 (12) Touch, 23 (17) Flatfooted. (Charge -2 to all)
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +4 (3) Reflex (also, evasion), +4 Will (+8 enchantments) All save +2 against evil.

Atavian
    HP: 58/58 AC: 19, 16 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +7 Fortitude, +8 (7) Reflex, +9 Will.
    (Note: Saves and AC listed with shield ally in effect)
    Spells: 1st: 4/6 2nd: 2/4

21. - Top - End - #1491

"Shelyn, give us strength," Jensi whispers as the elevator begins its slow descent. He is expecting horrors to await below, but is unprepared for the foulness of the creature that awaits them. He gasps, before steeling himself for battle.

"Why would you pray to this horrible goddess?" Jensi yells at the cultists. "She wants you to destroy your own home!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will cast Bull's Strength on Tallox on the elevator ride, and Cure Moderate Wounds on himself ((2d8+6)[18]).

Jensi will cast Hold Person on C2 (DC 18 Will).
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane's eyes widen with anger and surprise as she takes in her surroundings. "What madness is this?!" She shakes her head. "Whatever it is, it ends now!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Pre fight, cast divine favor.

Swift, bane vs the big guy.

Full attack:
    Attack 1: (1d20+15)[34], damage (1d8+6)[14]+(3d6)[13]

Attack 2: (1d20+15)[33], damage (1d8+6)[14]+(3d6)[11]

Attack 3: (1d20+15)[21], damage (1d8+6)[14]+(3d6)[12]

23. - Top - End - #1493

Aldrin employs his potent magic to break the barriers between the planes. Fire, brimstone, and black smoke boils up from the ground as it tears asunder. Two cultists of Urgathoa are sent hurtling downwards, sharp spikes cutting through their armour and flesh.

Dastan's smiting sword comes crashing down on the strange entity. An unholy shriek emanates from its hollow skull, but then its dark eye sockets blaze with a venomous green light in anger.

Rennard follows up Dastan's attack. His ray of debilitating energy strikes the strange skull creature, wrapping it in tendrils that suck away its strength. The magus shifts forwards, lunging at one of the cultists. But the Urgathoan parries it aside with his sickle.

Spoiler
    Show
    There aren't actually people in the beds.

Where Rennard has failed, Tallox succeeds, chomping down on the cultist that he charges. The man is still standing, but bleeding heavily from a bite-marked shoulder.

Jensi's holding spell fails to grip its target, as the cultist's mental faculties are strong enough to resist it.

Dresane's first two arrows fly with near perfect accuracy, striking very near to each of the creature's eyes. Her arrows bite with her vengeance, cracking bone and withered flesh.

The skull creature rears, coming at Dastan with claw and skull. Both its claws scrape harmlessly across the paladin's armour, weakened as the creature is by Rennard's strength draining magic. But its skull finds purchase, jaws closing. Dastan feels physical pain, and finds his body struggling against foul contagion.

Spoiler
    Show
    11 damage. Also, Fort DC 19 or you're infected with blinding sickness, taking 3 damage and becoming permanently blinded.

The two cultists who have fallen into Aldrin's pit try to climb out, to no avail. They manage only to scrape and injure themselves further. The other two swing their sickles at Tallox, infusing the weapons with dark energy. One of the blades cuts into the eidolon.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 physical damage. 11 negative energy damage.

Round 2

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan reels back as the creatures skeletal jaws close around him then quickly shrugs it off as his wound begins to heal, the terrible sickness having no effect whatsoever on his divinely-protected constitution. Reinvigorated, he steps forward and lashes out with a series of unnaturally quick blows.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Attack on the Daemon with Power Attack and Lay on Hands myself as a Swift action. If there are still attacks left over and the Daemon goes down, send the rest at C2. Otherwise, might as well stay where I am to provide a Flank to Tallox to rip him to shreds.

Attack 1: (1d20+16)[22]
    Damage 1: (1d8+17)[25]
    Attack 2: (1d20+16)[21]
    Damage 2: (1d8+17)[23]
    Attack 3: (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage 3: (1d8+17)[21]
    If any attacks go for the Cultist, subtract 2 from the Attack Roll and 6 from the damage.

Lay on Hands: (4d6)[15]

Summary:

AC 23, FF23, Touch 10 (add 4 against big D)
    Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +12 (add 1 against Evil Outsiders)
    Immune to Disease
    Smite Evil: 0/2

Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2012-06-19 at 12:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Though his initial shock has passed, Atavian isn't sure how he can help. Tallox and Rennard have one side of the battlefield under control, Dastan and Dresane are attacking the daemon rather effectively, and Aldrin's pit removed the others... The halfling moves over somewhat cautiously and stares into the pit in case either villain tries to emerge.

Tallox lashes out in full fury. Though he doesn't feel pain, the grievous nature of the wound he sustained is not lost on him. The swings of his enormous claws are wild, reckless and powerful. His razor sharp teeth tear flesh from bone with a series of violent, crude lacerations. Tallox's bloody grin turns, his orange eyes studying his next target.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Atavian: Move to two squares down from C3, ready to cast grease if C1 or C3 makes progress up the pit.

Tallox: DESTROY!!! Power attack, begin with C2 for flanking, then on to C4
    Bite 1: (1d20+15)[32] Damage: (1d8+18)[24]
    R Claw: (1d20+14)[23] Damage: (1d4+12)[16]
    L Claw: (1d20+14)[30] Damage: (1d4+12)[13]
    Rend: If L & R Claw hit: Damage: (1d4+12)[14]
    Bite 2: (1d20+15)[35] Threat! Damage: (1d8+18)[25]+19=44 if 34 hits
    If both are dead, 5ft step up.

Buffs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor: Tallox 6 hrs/6 hrs (still active from before)
    Prot Evil: Tallox 6/6 Minutes remaining
    Bull's strength: Tallox 6/6 Minutes remaining
    Haste: 8/10 rnds remaining On: Tallox, Atavian, Rennard, Dastan, Dresane, Aldrin

Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox
    HP: 25/48. AC: 26 (19), 19 (12) Touch, 23 (17) Flatfooted.
    Saves: +5 Fortitude, +4 (3) Reflex (also, evasion), +4 Will (+8 enchantments) All save +2 against evil.

Atavian
    HP: 58/58 AC: 19, 16 Touch, 16 Flatfooted.
    Saves: +7 Fortitude, +8 (7) Reflex, +9 Will.
    (Note: Saves and AC listed with shield ally in effect)
    Spells: 1st: 4/6 2nd: 2/4

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin walks up to the edge of the pit he created, and looks at the cultists struggling to reach the top. "Stay down."

He points his hands at the bottom of the pit as an icy fan of air blasts toward the bottom, coating the red spikes in a layer of frost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving up to the pit (otherwise my spell wouldn't reach the bottom) and casting frost fall.

(2d6)[5] cold damage automatically, and DC 18 fort save or staggered. At the begining of their turn, they take (1d6)[4] more cold damage, and (1d6)[3] slashing damage if they try and escape.

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 46/51 AC: 13
    F: +5, R: +6, W +6
    Level 1 spells: 7/8
    Level 2 spells: 5/6
    Level 3 spells: 3/4
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-06-19 at 08:55 AM.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Troll in the Playground

After delivering another set of attacks at the closes cultist, Rennard steps away from the fray and disappears from the battlefield, hoping to approach the menacing outsider from another angle

Buffs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black Blade Strike (1min)
    Shield (6min)
    Mirror image for 3 copies (6min)
    Ablative Barrier= 30 points (6 hours)

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Activate Arcane Strike
    Full Round:
    1) Attack closest cultist while using Spell combat (see below for attacks)
    2) 5ft step back
    3) Cast Vanish

2 Attacks (1 BAB, 1 Haste)

Attack1 - (1d20+14)[15] (4 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone +1 haste +1 Bless -2 Spell Combat)
    Damage - (1d6+8)[10] (1 STR + 3 Magic+2 Arcane strike + 2 Black Blade Strike)
    Attack2 - (1d20+14)[22] (4 BAB+4 Dex+3 Magic+1Trait+1Feat+1 Ioun Stone +1 haste +1 Bless -2 Spell Combat)
    Damage - (1d6+8)[14] (1 STR + 3 Magic+2 Arcane strike + 2 Black Blade Strike)

Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP=52/52
    AC=25 (15 touch, 20 FF)
    F=+8, R=+8, W=+6
    Arcane Pool=3/11
    Black Blade Arcane pool= 1/2
    Empower magic = 0/1
    CMB= +5
    CMD= 19
    Hero points= 3/3

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Hellknight simply keeps on firing without pause. "Let none survive."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking big thingy.

Attack 1: (1d20+15)[33], damage (1d8+6)[12]+(3d6)[10]

Attack 2: (1d20+15)[22], damage (1d8+6)[9]+(3d6)[6]

Attack 3: (1d20+15)[21], damage (1d8+6)[11]+(3d6)[10]
    Last edited by Minerva; 2012-06-19 at 09:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1499

"Tallox!" Jensi cries out, as the outsider is attacked by the cultists. "Oh no you don't!" the youth admonishes the Urgathoan priests. "Tallox may be weird-looking and sometimes mean to people, but he's still my friend, and I won't let you do that to him!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move adjacent to Tallox and cast Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+5)[9]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

30. - Top - End - #1500

Everything evil in the underground chamber swiftly meets its end. Dastan and Dresane's divinely infused attacks tear apart the horrific daemon, cracking open its horse skull head. Its body leaks dark vapours out into the air as its life force ebbs away, though they do not seem harmful.

The two cultists who have fallen into Aldrin's pit find his magic even less to their liking as he adds to their pain with clutching frost. They die trying to ascend, the sorcerer's works too much for them to take.

Tallox and Rennard finish off the other two cultists. Rennard does so with a thrust through the heart, while Tallox does what Tallox always does to pathetic mortals.

The heavy doors leading onwards now lie in wait... Through them, you can hear the faint sounds of a deathly dirge and dark chanting.

Atavian
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creature was a leukodaemon, a daemon associated with disease and death. They are quite powerful, and if not for Rennard's weakening magic, it would likely have posed a severe threat.