New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1591
  1. - Top - End - #1561
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: (Pathfinder) The Curse of the Crimson Throne IC

Tallox begins to look around the room for anything useful.

Atavian says, "she already said there was a cure and the vials and notes are in that room. Since the doctors are out, to whom should we bring those?" He points to the papers and vials through the open doorway. "Mother Dawnflower? We should finish here soon, I'm worried about Kroft."

Atavian studies the room for traces of magical energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tallox Perception: (1d20+8)[26]
    Atavian Detect magic:
    Spellcraft: take ten if possible, otherwise please make as many rolls as needed to identify whatever.

2. - Top - End - #1562
    Troll in the Playground

The danger gone, Rennard dismisses his invisibility veil and reappears in between the party, still holding the scythe whose capture almost costed the magus his life.

The duelist then takes a few moments to stabilize himself, establishing order within his mind as he listens to his companions

I... might be able to help with that... responds the fencer to Atavian's question, sounding more hesitant than usual. Clearly, Rennard did not cherish the idea of becoming the de facto expert in a field he had only began to study (at the cost of both sleep and fencing drills)

After our dilemma with the fake cure, I requisitioned Kroft for Vendra Loagri's alchemical annotations. Though I would need to do more studying and research to properly characterize any specific compounds, I have developed a rudimentary understanding of the chemical fundamentals involved.

As for a base of operations, it will depend on the stability of the chemicals if we can relocate. But if it is possible, the Citadel would be one of the most logical choices

Spoiler
    Show
    (like mentioned before we decided to storm the last door and fight the last boss, I can take 20 for a total of 29 in craft alchemy. If to that we add Jensi's guidance and any other bonuses that can be provided (the other spellcasters/any notes we can find/interrogating Aldrin's sisters), we might be in business...

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Caelon Ismort, lvl 6 paladin, Kingmaker (Part II)

Gael, lvl 3 sorcerer, Serpent Skull

Ril, lvl 3 ninja, Jade Regent

Raigard, lvl 4 alchemist, Rise of the Runelords

Astias, lvl 3 human bard, Wrath of the Righteous

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Rennard Balmont, lvl 9 magus Curse of the Crimson Throne (Parts I-IV)
    LIX (lvl 7 minotaur psychic warrior), Fall of the Dragon King
    Revelc, lvl 4 ranger, Origin of Species

gg, N_R

3. - Top - End - #1563
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan shouts in triumph as the cult leader falls. "Ha! For all your threats, you could never have hoped to stand before the power of the righteous!" He allows himself a quick moment of self-satisfied exaltation, then returns his attention to the matter at hand. "I will search the area, see if I can't find anything that might help. I'd suggest not touching anything until we know what it is; I can probably root out any diseases that might take hold, but it's better if we save that for those already sick." He says in response to Rennard's comment. "And as much as I hate to say it, it might be best to continue hosting any efforts to make a cure here. There are clearly already alchemical laboritories here, and there is no risk of damaging anything during transport. We'll just need to make sure to remove any altars and consecrations to Urgathoa... I am certain that Mother Dawnflower can introduce us to a skilled healer."

He begins moving around the room, looking around, before coming to the realization that being twelve feet tall and weighing the better part of 1000 pounds isn't particularly helpful when searching for small things. "Atavian, I don't suppose you can undo this spell? As much as I appreciated it in battle, it seems rather counterproductive now."

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 20 on a Perception check to search: 29

Dastan will poke through pretty much everything, being careful with anything that looks fragile but generally just being as thourough as he can. If he finds something that looks important and can't identify it himself, he'll bring it to Rennard or Aldrin's attention, then keep searching both this room and the alchemy lab the Cress sisters were in.

Note that he's avoiding the situation with said sisters, allowing the rest of the group to deal with it unless someone specifically asks for his input. As long as you don't murder them while they're helpless or start obviously torturing them, he'll pretty much ignore whatever happens.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

4. - Top - End - #1564
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dastan safely inspect the coffers. They are similar to those found on the ship - dead, plague-infected rats lie inside, below tainted silver coins, and even some boxes filled with gold ones.

Searching the laboratory in which Aldrin's sisters conducted their unholy experiments is a lengthy process too. Most of the papers appear to be long series of notes on the effects of the plague, and methods for its improvement. But Rennard finds a stack of papers detailing the immunity of some Varisians to the plague. This, the papers suggest, is a way of curing the plague. At first, the research on Varisians focuses on creating a new strain of disease capable of circumventing immunity. But then, after several elusive references to the "Master," it shifts to using the Varisians to create a viable cure. And, beside the last few pieces of paper, there sits a blue glass bottle, smoking slightly. Rennard finds that, with its composition, any decently-skilled alchemist could easily produce them.

Aldrin's pit rises up, the floor returning to normal. The bodies of the slain cultists and their leaders are bloodied and mangled. Searching Lady Andaisin reveals a letter, tucked into a breast pocket under her armour. It is finely-crafted, with golden embellishments and a crimson wax seal...

The Letter
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Cult has done its work, and well. It is to be commended for it. But the time has come to cease. The remaining plague samples are to be destroyed, and the cure transferred to Doctor Davaulus and his Physicians. You will be well rewarded for your work, but now I command that you vacate Korvosa within a fortnight. Your presence is no longer welcome. Thus, do not tempt my patience: I would be looked upon as a hero if the Grey Maidens were to slay you all. Equally, know that, should any word of your deeds escape, the Red Mantis will pursue you without mercy.

Signed,
    Queen Ileosa Arabasti, First of Her Name
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-07-04 at 04:55 PM.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

5. - Top - End - #1565
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane looks absolutely livid as she reads the letter. A vein in her temple throbs, her face burning with anger. She grits her teeth in a look that is almost a snarl. Her hands clench as though she'd very much like to throttle something.

"This is impossible.... This is... We... If... We should show this to Kroft. I would go directly to the palace to kill this traitor, but the Field Marshal will either be useful, or must be pushed aside. Ileosa destroys society, law, order, everything. It has to end."
    The wonderful Athena avatar is courtesy of Akrim.elf!

6. - Top - End - #1566
    Troll in the Playground

"And yet..." Aldrin mentions tentatively, "She's not this "He" that everyone keeps mentioning. Who could it be then? Togomor?"

He runs his hands through his hair, trying to think of a reasonable course of action. For some reason this letter didn't surprise him as much as it should have. He had a nagging suspicion ever since the creation of the Grey Maidens and Physicians, but now he finally held something concrete.

"The two of them must have been plotting this. Togomor receives political power from the ruler of the city, and Ileosa gains a reputation as a hero who saved the plague. You're right Dresane, this woman is a monster. Royalty or not, she has to be killed. And yet, I'm worried what this will accomplish; the city is already on the edge of collapse, and killing the leader, vile though she is, could just make everything go to Hell." The sorcerer lets out a sigh, walking back and forth, "Maybe Kroft or Endrin could take over?"
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-07-04 at 07:37 PM.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

7. - Top - End - #1567
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan's expression turns grim as he reads through the note, his mouth curling in distaste. Once he gets to the signature, he almost chokes. "Ghlk. Well... If this is real, then there is no further doubt that the Queen is at the very least a major player in all the wrongs that have befallen this city since I arrived, if not the architect..." He sighs and looks down at the ground, contemplating as Aldrin and the Hellknight trade words. "She must be held accountable, yes, but I wonder if we have the resources to do it on such short notice? Castle Korvosa seems very well fortified, and she clearly has at least her grey-armoured bodyguards to hold it for her and probably a number of traitors and cultists to back them up." He sighs again. "This is the one thing I had hoped never to see. Much innocent blood will be spilled before this is finished with, I fear. We will need to bring this to the Field Marshal's attention immediately. Perhaps she will know a way to resove this without bloodshed."

8. - Top - End - #1568
    Troll in the Playground

"Blackjack could get in, couldn't he?" Aldrin says, looking at Rennard. "We'll need to speak with him. Whatever he knows may be vital to removing the Queen with as little collateral as possible."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

9. - Top - End - #1569
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Killed?!" Atavian says, completely stunned. "Listen to yourselves! Yes... if real, the queen is mad, dangerous and our enemy. But, what will others see? Who are we to them? To anyone? We attack the queen... then what? Fail and we are executed as traitors. Succeed and we're executed for regicide. This is the QUEEN we are talking about. We will be seen as the villains, not her. The letter will be viewed as a certain forgery to all outside this room who see it. There is nothing, nothing, we can do to change that.

"So, say we tell Kroft... maybe this time her loyalties fall to the throne, then we've just walked ourselves before the headsman and laid down on the chopping block. Or she believes us and one of the best public servants in this city will find her own head on the block next to us,"
    the halfling shakes his head... since Lamm's death, he had worked tirelessly just to help the city. Maybe to make it a better place to live and grow old, but now... now, all paths seemed to lead to his death... and soon. "We could have never seen this," he says, but in a moment corrects himself after he tries to imagine living with the knowledge that the queen is the monster she is, "no, we... we will go to Kroft. Abadar preserve us..."

10. - Top - End - #1570
    Troll in the Playground

"No matter what we do immediately, the Queen will need to be eliminated if she's responsible for this. There's no going around that, and the sooner we're rid of her, the better. We can be villians, but I'd rather be hated by every Korvosan than have to suffer through the Queen's oppression of the Korvosan people. If being a villian is the price to freeing this city from her tyranny, then so be it. Kroft will help us with this. She has to."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

11. - Top - End - #1571
    Barbarian in the Playground

"The... then Queen?" Jensi exclaims, dumbfounded. "It can't be - she was so nice before!" he says, puzzled, staring at the ornate letter before him. Then suddenly his violet eyes are glaring, angrier than you've seen before.

"She did all this on purpose and tricked us. The ship carrying the plague, the deaths in the slums, the doctors, the cult," he says. "She needs to be stopped. We have to, we can't wait. We need to bring this letter and the cure to Kroft. She'll believe us, right?"
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

12. - Top - End - #1572
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan nods respectfully in agreement at the close of Aldrin's statement, then adds. "I agree. If a Queen willing to kill thousands of her own people simply to gain their favour through trickery keeps the throne, this city will become a den of villainy and darkness. I would gladly give my life to spare it that, and I think in time the people will come to thank us, once they have heard of all that we have seen these last few weeks. Kroft will help us, or perhaps Blackjack will, but Iomedae as my witness this will. Not. Stand." By the end of his little speech, his voice is raised almost to shouting. "We must confirm that this letter is not a fake before we take any action, but I swear that all the suffering visited on this city will be avenged, even if it takes my death to do so."

13. - Top - End - #1573
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard also reads the note and remains silent for a while, considering the party's options as his companions speak (with them expressing many of the same arguments playing through the magus' head).

Aldrin's mention of Blackjack forces the duelist to change his line of reasoning

Involving Blackjack would require involving the Maestro. This could bring great peril towards him thinks the fencer

I know you care for him, Bonded. replies the blade, who had remained silent after the battle to allow Rennard to concentrate on the alchemy

But I also know that he is no longer the only being you care for. continues the rapier bluntly You have your companions... and you have me

The last comment is delivered with almost... shyness. Though of course any implications of said tone were lost on the fencer

You know what you must do finishes Reve, back to her usual tone

At this point, the magus breaks his contemplation and addresses his companions

Despite the urgency and the magnitude of the situation, we must act logically:

First, we must ascertain if this letter is real. While Aldrin's thesis seems to be sound, we need to check that we are making decisions based on real data.

Second, if what is written in the letter is true, we need to device a method to act upon the information. Atavian is right: This letter is the only piece of information we have to prove our case, and it is unlikely to be enough to prove our case publicly. And even if it was enough, as Dastan mentioned, it would not be easy to storm the Queen's position right away.

Third, we do not want to inform our enemies of our findings. There could be more conspirators that we do not know about, for example this "He" that is mentioned in the notes. Thus we must be careful with the information we share on what went about here.

Fourth. The plague is still going on, and starting a civil war will impede the distribution of a cure. We must first erradicate the Blood Veil if we are to minimize casualties.

Based on these points, I propose the following: We will not tell anyone of what really happened here. If asked, everyone had already left and we only found the patients, the notes and the cure.

The only exception will be the Field Marshall. We will show this letter to Kroft and to NO ONE else for now. Though it is a calculated risk, she is our best chance at a litmus test in recognizing the signature in this letter

We will then proceed to distribute the cure. That will strengthen our position in the city and allow us to make contact with other groups that could provide assistance should it come down to a confrontation.

At this point the magus breaks his monologue and clears his throat

In the midtime... I will see if we can meet with Blackjack. Knowing of a path to get into the Citadel might prove invaluable while we gather our resources
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2012-07-04 at 09:26 PM.

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

14. - Top - End - #1574

With heavy hearts laden with forbidden knowledge, you prepare to leave the warehouse's horrid under-level. You secure Aldrin's sisters, still unconscious,; the all-important cure to the blood veil; and bring the injured Varisians to the elevator.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loot:
    +1, vicious scythe
    +1 breastplate
    +1 cloak of resistance +2
    Headband of wisdom +2
    Onyx unholy symbol of Urgathoa (worth 200gp).

With a grinding of gears, the elevator creaks its way upwards, ascending towards the Hospice's main hall. You can hear the groans of the injured as you draw nearer to the surface, as well as low, murmured prayers of succour and salvation. Finally, the lift clanks into place, and you push open the cast-iron doors.

You are greeted with a bristling wall of swords, spears and aimed crossbows from a dozen of Korvosa's guardsmen and -women. In the infirmary behind them, white robed priests of Abadar and Sarenrae walk the aisles of beds with globes of incense and prayers on their lips.

Kroft pushes aside the crowd of guards, her body visibly relaxing with relief as she sees all of you return. "Thank Abadar! Stand down, men. Secure those prisoners; keep them unconscious. And get a healer for those people! On the double!" When she is done barking orders, the Field Marshal smiles. "What happened down there?"

...You show her the letter, taking her aside where no one can hear. "I see," Kroft says, her jaw shifting slightly as she mulls over the information with a furrowed brow. "That's the Queen's signature, admitting guilt. But we can't do anything about that now. Look, the Queen's suspicions are sure to be aroused if there's any chance she thinks you've found that letter. You need to pretend you've seen nothing. When you're asked, say that her Physicians were rogue agents under the control of the cult. If she thinks you know... I don't want to think about it."

"You'll be watched by her spies, so don't do anything stupid. Don't meet with anyone who might be thought of as an enemy. In a few days, once I've figured things out, I'll summon you for another special assignment down in the sewers."

15. - Top - End - #1575
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard nods at Kroft, almost letting out a sight of relief at the logic behind the field Marshall's actions and her trust on the party

Almost

Instead, the magus forces himself to continue, for time was of the essence

Field Marshall, those two women might need to be interrogated later, but if it is known that they are still alive our secret might be discovered. Is there any way to move them discreetly to a place where they would not be able to use magic?

At this point, the fencer fills in Kroft of the sister's abilities, though not of their nature. Through the corner of his eye, Rennard observes Aldrin. He had been the one to declare his sister's lives forsworn...

Not knowing how family was supposed to work like, the duelist merely adds

If possible, they should not be harmed.

Second, and more importantly. We have secured a cure for the plague. I can start working on reproducing it immediately, but we will need your most trusted men to guard us in case someone tries to tamper with our efforts. Also, though I believe I can do it, I am no expert at alchemy, so if you know of anyone better suited...
    continues the magus, still uncomfortable about being the lead in this subject

Remembering something, the fencer looks up towards Davaulus' office

Has the office been searched? There might be information on how the plague was distributed somewhere there, which could allow for a recognition of where the cure should be distributed first

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

16. - Top - End - #1576
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan nods along to Kroft's instructions. Unllike his companions, he never doubted for a second that the Field Marshal would align herself in the city's best interests, no matter who sits the throne. "I will do my best, Field Marshal, but recall that I cannot lie. I will do my best to evade the question if it is put to me, but it may be for the best if I devote myself to curing the plague for the next few days. Better yet, perhaps you can find some rumours of bandits near the city or something similar to chase? I am certain all those forced out by the plague will need some sort of protection while we work to cure the sickness" He looks thoughtful. "Either way, be careful. You are the only chance we have to resolve this quickly and with a minimum of bloodshed. If you need anything of me at all, I will do it, but I am not much for all this subterfuge. I fear my kind are better used to charging a foe with gleaming blades than plotting and sneaking around, no matter what the situation calls for." He sounds almost regretful as he speaks these words, though he doesn't say anything else.

17. - Top - End - #1577
    Troll in the Playground

"Plotting and sneaking around helped us get rid of one demon bitch, so it should help us with this one, too," comments Aldrin, referring to the Queen. "Just let me do any talking if that's necesary. Cresida, I'm also a bit worried about the Red Mantis. They've already tried eliminating us twice, and I fear their failures will only spur them to continue on more tactically. If they find a single one of us alone, that would be unfortunate. If you need to figure something out, please do it fast."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

18. - Top - End - #1578
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Kroft, if I can get a copy of something else she has written, I can examine this, just to make certain it is authentic." At the confused looks of the others, Atavian adds, "at the Academae, I took four semesters of diplomatics: intro, advanced, psychographology and paleography. Aside from conjuration, it was one of the few subjects that came naturally."

Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently detect forgery is under linguistics...

19. - Top - End - #1579
    Troll in the Playground

"You know," begins Aldrin, a smirk forming on his face despite the dire nature of the situation, "I used to be quite resentful that I could never go to the Acadamae after the Hellknight raid. But if those were the classes I had to look forward to, then maybe it was for the best."

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

20. - Top - End - #1580

"Of course, Atavian," Kroft says. You might as well take a look at it now, since I can't guarantee we'll have much opportunity after now."

"I'll work as fast as I can, Aldrin, but discretion must be had. I agree, though; try not to go off on your own until matters have died down. Now,"
    she says grimly, sparing a glance out the door, "the Queen and the Seneschal are doubtlessly on their way; they'll have heard by now. So if there's anything you want to say, now's the time."

21. - Top - End - #1581
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Atavian nods, then says, "thanks. I mean it. It's good to know that we can rely on you with matters as heavy as all of this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Linguistics to detect forgery: (1d20+11)[18]

22. - Top - End - #1582
    Troll in the Playground

"I hope you don't mind me staying around when those two show up. I need to see something for myself. If either is under some sort of magical enchantment, domination, or compulsion, I should be able to indentify it."

Turning to Atavian and Rennard, he explains, "I figured it was something worth looking into after Selene. Of course, I can't just research any spell I want, so I'm not certain how accurate the results are. Its test run on my sisters certainly didn't prove anything either way..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Detect Charm as the Queen and Seneschal approach, concentrating on it until they're in range.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

23. - Top - End - #1583
    Troll in the Playground

Rennard nods at Aldrin and quickly dashes to Dauvalus office, searching for any incriminating piece of evidence that might be destroyed upon the arrival of the Queen

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone is welcome to help

My PbP characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

gg, N_R

24. - Top - End - #1584
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Should we really stay when the Queen gets here?" Jensi wonders. "She's evil! She might do bad things," he posits. As the rest of the party dashes about searching offices or speaking to Kroft, Jensi stands passively, eyes closed and body as still as you've seen it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jensi will use his Prophetic Visionary feat to ask whether staying at the hospice until the Queen arrives is a good idea. If it is, Jensi will encourage the others to leave.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Currently applying to games!

25. - Top - End - #1585
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dresane follows Rennard, searching Davaulus' office for anything that might be dangerous to their safety. This subterfuge is not to my liking, but it is necessary.
    The wonderful Athena avatar is courtesy of Akrim.elf!

26. - Top - End - #1586

Jensi
    Spoiler
    Show
    A melodious, ephemeral woman's voice comes wafting through the air. It is warm and confident. "To stay is good," it murmurs comfortingly.

You gather with Kroft outside the doors to the Hospice of the Blessed Maidens on the street outside. A small crowd of nervous onlookers has gathered, kept back by a line of guards and their own prudence regarding a building known to house plague victims.

In a flash of cold blue light, the air in front of you tears apart into a humming black portal. With an even brighter flash, five figures emerge from it. Two are Grey Maidens in their familiar plate mail. The third is a heavy-set, obese man in opulent silk and fur robes. A heavy gold chain of office rests around his thick neck, partially obscured by a long black beard that drops from his jowls, ending in a pointed tip. The fourth is the Queen's personal bodyguard, a tall and imposing black haired woman who wears a suit of Grey Maiden plate, though more heavily adorned, alongside a scarlet cloak. She holds a plumed helmet under her arm.

The final figure is none other than the Queen herself. Ileosa steps through the portal with a proud grace, poised and elegant in an elaborate, flowing green gown. Her auburn-red hair is intricately bound up in loops and braids. Upon her head, she wears a crown that is made half of gold and platinum metals interwoven. Into this, a collection of smooth, sharp fangs have been inlaid so that they form the points of the crown.

The fat, bearded man, who you recognize as the Seneschal, Togomor, dismisses his teleportation spell with a wave of a bulky arm.

Kroft bows low, placing a hand over her heart. "Your Highness, Seneschal."

"What is the meaning of this, Field Marsh—" Togomor begins. The Queen raises a small, alabaster hand to stop him.

"Please," she says calmly, her voice demure; "there will be no conflict here. Cressida, please tell us what has happened here."

Kroft rises from her bow. "Your Majesty, we had reason to believe, based on our recent findings, that the Physicians were being used as a front for a foul Cult of Urgathoa. They were spreading the blood veil instead of stopping it, and tainting your good name. I apologize, but the urgency of stopping them demanded that I took action immediately without seeking your approval."

The Queen looks troubled, a frown on her gentle face, her eyes close, her eyelids dark and shaded. "This is most disturbing. I can scarcely believe it, but I will not doubt you. It is tragic that so many lives were lost, and by my folly in granting the Physicians the powers I did."

She looks to you now, smiling warmly. "And you were the brave heroes who returned to me my beloved broach. It is gratifying that you serve Korvosa still."

"But tell me, is there any hope for a cure now, without the doctors?"

27. - Top - End - #1587
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Indeed there is hope, your highness. The doctors had created a cure - I presume to treat themselves if infected. We found samples containing the panacea and notes detailing its creation. With the notes, I'm certain skilled alchemists can replicate it and save the people."

28. - Top - End - #1588
    Troll in the Playground

Dastan does his best to keep his face impassive, hiding the rage he feels at the Queen's betrayal of her people with a careful mask of perfect propriety. When the Queen and her retinue arrives he bows to exactly the degree that would be expected of one of his station, then waits politely as Kroft and Ileosa converse, averting his golden eyes from the ruler as he intently looks at everything but her. When bidden he replies, "Indeed, your Majesty, it appears that the entire plague was conceived by these traitors. Most likely, they intended to use their 'expertise' to gain a position of influence within the city, to further some sort of dark plot. We have killed or captured every known member of the cult; if there are any more Urgathoans in the city they are likely unaffiliated with this group." The Paladin delivers his report with military precision, purposely avoiding any topic which might lead onto dangerous ground; his allies are far better equipped for such conversations than he is. For a moment Dastan considers calling upon Iomedae's judging eye to take advantage of the presence of both Ileosa and her Seneschal, but quickly resists the temptation as potentially dangerous in front of at least one mage.

29. - Top - End - #1589
    Troll in the Playground

Aldrin looks as if he is busying himself with the rest of the patients, even though he's usually the one to do the talking. While his back is turned he makes hand motions, but stays silent as the magic takes place. Once ready, he turns back toward the Queen and the others, taking a place next to Kroft.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Silenced Detect Charm, looking over, then casting Silenced Detect Magic. The reason for the second is so I know if they have nondetection (because they have to have magic items... if nothing shows up that means nondetection), which would make the results of the first spell unimportant.

Show

I like half-orcs

Retired:

30. - Top - End - #1590

Aldrin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seneschal and the Queen's black-haired bodyguard all radiate numerous auras consistent with the effects of protective and enhancing items (and in the case of the bodyguard, enchanted weapons and armour). The Queen herself does not register as having any magical items. None of them register as being charmed.

The Queen sighs, relieved. "I hope that some good may yet come from these horrible tidings, and a cure is good fortune indeed. Cressida, I would like you to take charge of finding alchemists and the distributing the cure. Seneschal, find out what support the Academae can offer in that regard."

"As for you all, you are truly the greatest of heroes this city can offer. I will personally see to it that you are rewarded greatly. Seneschal, I would like you to authorize a payment of twelve thousand gold marks to these heroes. It is the least we can do. And if you are ever in need of anything, I am personally at your disposal."

Spoiler
    Show
    That's 2,000 gp each.