New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Autodesk Sketchbook Express or Corel Painter Sketchpad?

Got a new tablet a few days ago, and with it comes a choice between three free pieces of software - Photoshop Elements, Autodesk Sketchbook Express or Corel Painter Sketchpad. I already have full version Photoshop, 'though its an older version than the elements being offered, so not looking into that. But I'm curious if anybody in the playground has experimented with Corel Painter or Autodesk Sketchbook, and can give any comments on either of them.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Autodesk Sketchbook Express or Corel Painter Sketchpad?

I love Sketchbook Pro. There's nothing like the level of pressure sensitivity that so accurately responds to your hand movements. It's a very simplified, straightforward piece of software, mainly meant for sketching, as the name implies, but it's powerful enough to make some very cool stuff.

I like to sketch in it and color in photoshop. Never used Corel, so I can't say miuch about it, I just know I absolutely love Sketchbook.

Don't use PS Elements, stick to your older version. Elements is stripped of most of Photoshop's usefulness. Very barebones and pointless.
    "Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!" - Minsc

My DeviantArt: http://jlechuga.deviantart.com/
    If you like my work, feel free to watch me, favorite, tell your friends, or make a request. It might take me some time, but I'll take a crack at just about anything thrown my way.

If you'd like to use any of my pictures, just a link back to my DA page will work for credit. Thanks!