New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

Newly formed walls surround the Docks, largely cutting it off from the neighboring Slums district. As you fly you see the largest collection of birds is at the #9 pier, where an old wood elf is feeding quite a sizable herd of the creatures.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus will land outside of his view, and approach him.

"Excuse me sir, may I ask you a question?"
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #453

He beams up at you with a kindly, gap-toothed smile.

Why of course, young fellow. Sit a minute, if you wish. But mind my friends; you look a bit like a statue, and I think we both know what birds do to those...

He chuckles and continues feeding his flock.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... he doesn't seen to be the right man... might as well ask.

"Do you go by the name of Bolant, perchance?"

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #455

He gives no outward sign of recognition for this name, but does pull himself up using a long stick and begin to hobble toward a nearby alley.

Gotta get out of the sun for a minute, boy. Guess you wouldn't understand. Come over and join me, I could use the company.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Warily, Silvanus will follow.

7. - Top - End - #457

As soon as they are out of eyesight from the general public, the old man's smile drops and he uses the point of his stick to drive you up against a wall.

You know who I am, so either you didn't really come alone or you're incredibly stupid. I guess time will tell which one of those is the case. I figured something like this might happen once those damnable walls went up, and I suppose I'd rather deal with you Watch pukes than that Khan and that creepy nutball he has playing police captain over in the Slums. But this thing is bigger than me, bigger than you, bigger than you can imagine. And even if I thought I'd be safe, which I know I wouldn't, I'm still no snitch. Never have been, never will be. So talk, Wide Ride, and tell me why you're looking for a dead man.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus' hand flies up to the stick, holding it's point of impalement with his gnarled hand.

"Well sir, first of all I do not have a clue who this "Khan" is, though I could make a reasonable guess as to the identity of this "nutball" is. I can assure you though, I am not part of the Watch. I am a Druid of Aldhaven's Circle, and I have come to ask you what you know on my creator, Silvanus."

Silvanus motions to his stick.

"Would you mind? I can assure that your paranoia is not necessary, and I am not here "to get" you or any such nonsense."

9. - Top - End - #459

He lowers the stick and chuckles.

Sil....heh, haven't thought about him in ages. Heard he'd finally succeeded. Guess you're it. You're not the first of your kind I've seen around these parts, so I guess someone pilfered his designs after the attack.

As for the rest of what I said...let's just forget it, huh? A little silence is a small price to pay for information.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

"Agreed. I have no interest in politics, or otherwise for that matter."

11. - Top - End - #461

He leans against the wall, deftly twirling his staff between his fingers. Well, I knew Sil from way back. We worked together on a project for some duke. Since you know who I am you may have heard that story already. In any case, Sil was a bristly sort, but then I am too, so we got on well enough. The occasional card game and whatnot, although they became less and less frequent as he got more absorbed in his work. He was obsessed, even by my standards. So when he stopped coming round the city altogether I didn't think much of it for quite a long time. He occasionally sent people for his supplies, after all. He had even hired out one of those weenie druids from the circle to help him start up a garden. Didn't want to have to go further than his yard to eat, saved him time to keep working. This being before my brief time with the Circle, that bunch of pansies. No offense.

He looks you over.

Well, maybe some offense. You don't strike me as one who's in touch with the right side of nature either. Anyhow, I finally go out there and the place is trashed. All his plans and building materials are gone, and anything they didn't steal they broke. No sign of Sil...but there was blood on the floor. Enough that if it came from one person, I imagine they wouldn't have enough left to keep going. And I'm afraid Sil wasn't much of a fighter, so unless you squashed somebody for him back there, odds are it was his lifeblood on that dirt floor. Sorry to tell you that, kid, and I certainly hope I'm wrong. Could be his obsession about you gave him the strength to kill one or more of these bandits and make his escape. But I wouldn't consider it likely.

Now then, what else do you want to know? I kinda have appearances to maintain out there. Hiding in plain sight and all that.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I am sorry for the long delay, I had a difficult time thinking of any other action Silvanus might take besides breaking down into a depressed robot mode.

"I do not recall such an event happening, so I do not believe I was sentient at that time. However... that is depressing news. There is a chance he might be alive, yes, but all the evidence is suggesting the contrary... ... ...what factions were opposed to the duke at the time? I would like to at least know what happened to him."

Silvanus paused for a brief moment, and then inquired.

"And, if I may ask, what side of nature are you more inclined towards?"

13. - Top - End - #463

Spoiler
    Show
    No prob. But since I'm taking this from the backstory you wrote on your sheet, I wouldn't think this was a big surprise for you.

Honestly kid, even if he did survive there's no guarantee he'd be alive. He was a bit older than me, and he wasn't exactly prone to taking care of himself. Dying is what we flesh piles do; believe you me, I've been around enough dying folks to know. Even sent some of them along myself. As for the duke's foe, it was his half-brother. Fellow was in charge of a small city-state not far from Aldhaven. Some sort of slight, real or imagined, sent the two at each other's throats. Never heard why, never much cared. So each one recruited an army to fight a pointless little conflict for their honor. In the end, the duke here won, and the other fellow's people grew so tired of him after the war that they ousted him from power. He lives in the Noble's Quarter here now; the duke forgave him and lets him live in a small estate next to his substantially larger one. Guess that's what passes for punishment in noble circles.

As for my thoughts on nature....you and the Circle, you treat nature like something to serve. I use it like I use this stick: as something to bludgeon people who aren't on the right page. Nature's fury is a powerful thing to tap into, kid.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I've seen this coming for a long time, and I'm sorry I had to send you through the stress of my non-posting, but... and I've given this serious thought, but I think I am going to bow out of Aldhaven. Running a solo adventure was a new and interesting experience for me (from both you and Planswalker), but to be honest, I much prefer actually doing roleplay with multiple people, and not just myself (I mean, yes there's the GM and the plot of the GM who I'm following, but at the same time I'm sort of burnt and braindead with Silvanus, and I've been that way for a while but refused to admit it, so don't take this out as being your fault, 'cause it isn't).

I'm definitely going to keep Silvanus, just because I like the concept of his character, but I'm just kind of drained of forcing creativity out of him at the moment... I apologize.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

sorry to see you go. Some people love solo dnd adventures, others can't stand 'em. Others can handle a bit of it. Even after I passed you off, I've tried to keep up with your pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks Plans. And thank you too, hustler.

I had fun running around as Silvanus, and I owe that to you two.

See you 'round the Playground.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-02-12 at 08:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467

Really sorry to hear it, Techno. Had a blast DMing your character. Keep in mind if you think you'd be better off with a more experienced DM I'm sure I can trade you to Mono or Lokio in return for taking on some of their PCs. Can't help but feel I may have helped contribute to your burnout, sending you off on one too many tangential plot lines.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Naah, you were a fine DM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I have a question for the both of you. Seeing that the Lords of Creation game I was in ground to an abrupt halt, and that almost every bloody God Game I've tried to be a part of has ended rather unfortunately fast, I was wondering if I could ask for the help of both of you (one being a former Mod and the other a player like I was) in creating a new Lords of Creation game.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Riz was actually planning on hosting his own LoC game soon. It's a drastic re-interpretation from the recent trends more in line with the very first one on these forums. That one may not have been the most successful, but the case can be made for it. Also the only one as far as I know where the wiki was actually fleshed out into a bona-fied campaign setting. RL issues have kept him from the forums recently, but when he gets back on, I'll keep you in the loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh, cool. Thanks for the updating, I'll be glad when it fires up into action.