New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Sylvanus

He detects magic present within the area of his cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

He waits a round to find out where specifically.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

It is coming from him. The hall itself has no magic.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Sylvanas sighs, and keeps walking down the hall at the originally slow pace as mentioned before, feet searching included.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

30 feet in, he finds a brown powder is covered all over the floor. As he walks through, it is stirred up and covers him everywhere. The stairs beyond are blue instead of black.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus tries to dust this powder off of him.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Once it contacts him, it gets sticky. You'll have to wash it off in a full immersion.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Could Silvanus cast Gust of Wind to blow all the brown dust down?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It would not blow ALL of it off you, but it would blow away the piles of brown dust.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus will cast some spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first being Gust of Wind to get rid of the piles of brown dust as well as the some of it on himself, and then create water to get rid of the rest on himself.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

When the gust of wind sweeps down the hallway in front of you, the brown powder reacts with a residue of an orange liquid. A second after the initial explosion, something breaks and the orange liquid bursts from the walls. This reacts with the remaining powder. A terrific explosion erupts, bathing you in light. When the lights fade, the tunnel before you is collapsed.

You hastily rush to rinse yourself off with water.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I KNEW it was explosive...

Sylvanas blinks, somewhat shocked at what just happened in front of him. After a few moments, Silvanus will look upon the remains of the tunnel in front of him, contemplating what to do...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, if this won't work, then he'll be heading back up. Amidst the monsters of Summon Nature's Ally III is a Thoqqua. Could I use its burrow ability to burrow a new tunnel out of the collapsed one by having it dig in a corkscrew?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    technically, burrowing fills itself in behind it. You could get the thoqqua through. also to consider: you just trapped 5 pc's in there. I think it would be nice if they had to find a way out on themselves. I'll give you bonus xp if you leave them trapped to find their own way out.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My conscious says it would be really bad for me not to dig them out. Then again, as far as my character knows, there's only one person down there... oh well. I'll take your bonus xp and head back up.

Seeing no feasible way to dig through the tunnel with relative ease, and having nothing on his person to do it with, Silvanus will walk back up to the surface, wondering how he's going to dig through a tunnel.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ok... give me just a moment to calculate your xp gains from this quest...

On your way back out, your character gains 4000 xp.

3000 from the traps, and 1000 story xp for acting in character and aiding the dm in telling the story he wants to tell.

Spoiler
    Show
    yes, the numbers really worked out that evenly on the 3000.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice, nice. Um, I don't have the number on hand which tells me how much experience is needed for 7th level... well, regardless of if he leveled or not, the tree and his bat will fly back to the city gates, and then walk back to the druid's circle, where he will rest and pray by basically standing like a tree. His dire bat will be sleeping. When morning comes, he will take a look once again at the board of interesting things.

And nevermind, I made Myth-weavers calculate my exp correctly, and I have not leveled yet.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-07-14 at 12:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    post an IC action, and I'll give you an IC response.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus flies back to the city walls, dismounts, walks back to the druids grove, and stands like a tree for prayer and recuperation.

In the morning, Silvanus will wake his animal companion, and the two will walk to the board of things to do.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The Town Crier is still up there.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...9#post11318039

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus will walk to the Drowned Mermaid and wait for this Red Headed Youth. Ah, but he is getting ahead of himself, he has to find the tavern first. Silvanus asks the town crier, "Where pray-tell is the Drowned Mermaid?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

"Just down the street."

He points out the way.

It's currently 9am.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm... meantime then, Silvanus will start to look for information on this missing cat he's heard of. Specifically, this V

Silvanus will ask, "Alright. Where is the home of this noble with the missing cat?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    it pains me to break the flow of the story and tell you metaknowledge, but that quest is just as full as the ruins were. You're a couple weeks behind the others already in that quest. Might be best if you struck out on your own quest or tried another. If searching for a lost cat is something you just really want to do, though, I'll go through with it.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I don't mind not doing the cat mission (my plan was to
    basically wildshape into another feline of sorts to commune with a cat of matching descriptions and then, if it was the right cat, lead it home) the problem is that IC, Silvanus has roughy 8 to 10 hours to kill. The mission with the redheaded dude sounds the most interesting out of them all, but my character basically needs a way to kill time other than standing and looking like a tree.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, you could spend the time researching something in the library or selling your services as a spellcaster.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I am interested in things to do out of the city. Ironic since it's all about the city though. Now I'm interested: has any player gone to an entirely different city than Aldhaven?

Silvanus will walk to the city library, and once inside, he will walk up to one of the librarians, "Good morning. I am looking for literary materials on locations outside of Aldhaven's city limits. I was wondering if, perhaps, this library contained any such tomes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    This is just a question about class options for the campaign: why is ToB banned?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    we feel that the classes in ToB are an attempt at balance gone too far. Ideally, we would have nerfed tier 1 and 2 classes to be on par with the rogue or barbarian if we thought we could have gotten away with it. As it is, ToB classes outshine ALL other non-casters, and we drew the line in the sand somewhere.

as of yet, no one has actually gone to an entirely different city. If you leave the city and don't plan on coming back, you're leaving the campaign. A trip elsewhere with plans to return would be an interesting diversion, though.

"Indeed we do. Third floor. The librarian there can help you." She says.

Which comes off as rather odd. The building from the outside only had two stories. Perhaps having the library in the Mages' Quarter is of benefit.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It would definitely be diversion. I have no intention to leave the campaign. And about the ToB outshining all non-casters... yeah, it's pretty much true. I asked because my original plan for a character was a Warblade refluffed to be a Samurai. Alas though, it was not to be. Also, I only recently began using the ToB classes, so I thought it would have been a good opportunity to play as one.

"Thank you, miss."Silvanus then thinks about what she just said, and remembering the dimensions of the building from the outside, he shakes his head. "Mages..." Silvanus will begin his ascent to the third floor.

...out of curiosity, what does he see on the second floor?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-07-17 at 01:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Second floor includes a LARGE selection of books. You notice a gnoll among the nearly dozen people perusing the books. It appears that two humans are collaborating together with some almanacs in one of the sections. Everyone else seems to be by themselves.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

When Silvanus reaches the third floor, he will walk up to the librarian there. "Good day. I was told by the librarian on the first floor that this one in particular holds various books on locations outside of Aldhaven. Could you possibly direct me to where they might be on this floor?"