New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Sylvanus

"Sure thing. Left wing, section 7 has the history and information on current events in many nearby cities."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Could you report your response please? I can't see it.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Could you report your response please? I can't see it.
    Nevermind.

Silvanus walks to that section, and takes a gander at the various volumes and texts in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, could you change the thread name to Silvanus please? I find saying his name with the I rather than the Y is easier, and it irks me the name the other way. Thanks.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-07-17 at 02:40 PM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

the local history of the town of Redfort, Harrenal, The Drogues, and Wimberly Vale is arrayed before you in a number of volumes arranged by both date and subject.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

What are the subjects?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

a dozen or so topics ranging from population data to criminal reports.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus will pull out two books, both on locations and areas around the world, except on two different timeframes. The first will be in the most recent time and the other will be in the fledgling years of Aldhaven (around when it was created).

Specifically, he will search for information on cities of both the past and the current, taking a look at where they were and where they ate now, fallen cities, new fledgling cities, ect.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-07-17 at 03:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

One is a book on Wimberly Vale describing its history as an independent city-state and the war that caused it to fall into vassalage with the emergent empire based in Aldhaven.

The other is an account of major events in Redfort in the past 5 years.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Read my edit on the above post please.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    okay, I read it, but I'm not sure exactly what sort of books you're expecting to find. General history books?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Um, fluffwise, I think history books will work. Also, more specifically: what cities are there which are no longer mentioned in current history, and is there any particular historical places involving Druids?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

There is one volume called "The Rise and Fall of the Dead Cities."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus puts the other two books back, pulls that book off the shelf, and begins reading.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

It seems that there have been dozens of cities in the past few centuries that have come and gone, some conquered and razed, others taken over and re-named, and a few that lie abandoned, crumbling ruins that all are claimed to be haunted.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Silvanus searches for one such dead-but-haunted-supposedly city near Aldhaven.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

The nearest one was called Croatia. It was abandoned fifty years ago, and none know quite why.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Silvanus, with the book, will walk up to the librarian and say, "May I have ink and paper to write something please?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. We charge 5 copper a page, discounted due to city subsidy."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, I will be silent for a while because I've been using my phone, and getting onto/changing things on mythweavers is really annoying when using a smartphone, so once I get onto my laptop, I'll respond IC.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-07-17 at 04:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sounds good with me.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the pc who posted the reward is ready to meet you if you'd like to fast forward to that part of the day. If you'd like, we can then rewind to the library once more.

since he's one of the other dm's (monodominatnt), he'll be rp'ing his pc in this thread to save time, enabling you to get started faster.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    the pc who posted the reward is ready to meet you if you'd like to fast forward to that part of the day. If you'd like, we can then rewind to the library once more.

since he's one of the other dm's (monodominatnt), he'll be rp'ing his pc in this thread to save time, enabling you to get started faster.
    1.) Which PC?

2.) That sounds fine. Exploring Croatia will be something on Silvanus' list of things to do. Also, I could have sworn I typed this, but apparently I didn't: he will write down it's approximate direction from Aldhaven, and where it's location would be on a map (as well as any geological features of note in the area).

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    who exactly he is is a mystery, but he's monodominant's dmpc.

You do so. By the time you are finished researching things and writing them down, it's time to meet the orange-haired man.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OH! Ok. ...I thought you said that mission was full though. ...maybe I shouldnt if they all just got killed off o-O

With what he needs written wrote down, Silvanus shall thank the librarian once more, and will make his way down to the Drowned Mermaid for a meeting with the Ginger. He will walk into the facility, and walk to a vacant corner of the tavern. Then he will view who is in, looking especially out for a red haired gentleman.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the orange-haired fellow you decided to meet is a different mission from the cat.

Such a red haired gentleman is indeed present.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

And Monodominant wants to stress out that his character was being a cool kid before he was DM!

:D

The young man is approximately 5'5 and 120 pounds. He has wild bright orange hair, frekles all over his face and a calm smile. He is dressed in fine quality travellers clothes though nothing amazing. You can spot a fair amount of masterwork quality items about his person that would probably indicate magical gear and he wears a long sword which is now resting close to his left hand as it leans on the table.

He is alone and seems to have been just finishing a rather rich meal.

As you approach he looks up to you raising an eyebrow but then shrugs and gets up to greet you.

"Oh hello! Are you answering my ad? Thats wonderful! My name is Ishmael but you can call me Ish!" he says pleasantly as he extends his gloved hand.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Two GM's in a single IC chat thread at once? I feel somewhat honored.

What is standing before you is a man-shaped... well, tree. It has discernable joints, unlike your stereotypical treant, yet retains such qualities as leafy branches growing from it's forearms shoulders, and head, as well as feet more reminiscent of gnarled tree stumps.

The tree-man will take his own, four fingered hand, and respond to your offer with a nice, firm handshake. In a slow, but articulate voice he says, "Indeed I am. My name is Silvanus. Just, Silvanus." As you shake his hand, you can almost feel the extent of the masterful craftsmanship about his wooden fingers, contrasted by the fact that roots are growing out of the seams etched into it.

After release from the handshake, Silvanus takes a seat.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-07-19 at 11:21 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

The man does seem impressed by your ... well... existence and he has to stop himself from getting distracted as a leaf or two move about as you sit.

"Well then... err... would you like something to drink or eat? I admit I dont know how that... er... works but I can order something for you, my treat!" he says excitedly.

"But lets get down to business. I will tell you two things about me Sylvanus before we continue. If those are okay with you then we can work together. So here goes. Firstly I am very paranoid... it means you will have to abide with my weird sense of logic some times and accept my crazy ideas as they are..." he pauses to see if you are following.

"The second is... I am not a really good person. But more importantly the people I am against are REALLY BAD people... If you are interested in helping a paranoid not so nice person against a large group fo really nasty REALLY evil people we can work together you and I!" he says his voice lowering significantly.

Spoiler
    Show

I am here as a PC not as a GM... Ishmael is my actual PC :)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I know, but hey, it's cool to me.

"Water would be nice, thank you."

Silvanus listens to what you say, and responds as thus. "You mispronounced my name. It starts with a Sil, not a Syl. About your personal traits... I am not particularly fond of them, but I do not mind them. Now... I have a question for you. Despite their being evil, what exactly is their relationship to you?"

30. - Top - End - #150

Ishmael motions to the bartender to bring over a couple of glasses of water over.

"Sorry Silvanus, I made a mistake. So, these people, they are my mortal enemies... actually they are enemies of the city and of all the good people that live in it..."
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-19 at 01:01 PM.