Thread: AVB - Silvanus

1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: AVB - Silvanus

Quote Originally Posted by Monodominant View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello!

I was checking the AvB threads. Perhaps you want to PM Plans and Rizban about picking where you left off?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'll be frank: yes I do, but what was with the sudden disappearance of Plans?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    what the sudden disappearance of is that I'm a busy guy irl and with this game. If I seem to have disappeared, odds are it's because I didn't get the notification that you responded to a thread. Please, please, please, if I miss a day, pm me and/or post in your thread asking what's up. I'm dm'ing something approaching 10 threads. not to mention that I'm running an LoC game as admin and have a pc in avb and one other game.

unfortunately, I cannot answer for Riz for you. You'll want to pm him yourself to sort that out. Be warned that he's burned out right now and thus may take as long as a week to get back to you.

in the mean time, I'm 100% cool with us assuming that one way or another you end up getting your vestment and continuing your venture, filling in the details when you can sort it out with Riz.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The zombie speaks! *happy dance*
    But if you insist, when your attention needs grabbing, I will make sure to throw a pie to your face (or something, like a tomato, sandvich, lettuce, ect.).
    I think I'll message Riz right now and get it taken care of.

...and Mono... shouldn't you, like, not be responding to and or even reading these?

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Mono's a DM, bud. So am I. Turns out you were teamed up with ALL of the DMs for AVB in Shadowy Connections. We can look at any thread we wish and can post in threads whenever we deem necessary to ensure that the game moves smoothly.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...right... ... ...I'm honestly surprised that my character survived with 4 DM's of the same game in a single thread.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Perry, Hagan and Ishmael are all really, really powerful... I'm surprised you lived too.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...now I have a question: who is Plans' character when he has to join in on the adventure?

As early as morning's first streaks of light across the quiet Aldhaven morning skyline, Silvanus has stirred from the Druid's Grove, making his way to the office of the head of Divination.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know Silvanus doesn't have all the things on him right now, but let's just assume he does, and I can hash out the goods with Hagan once I get the Vestige done with. That said... geez, I need to look through the item compendium thing for doodads which would benefit me. No, no, I'm not buying anything other than the Vestige. If I actually have anything left over from saving my Dire Bat, then I'll see what I can get.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't dm my own character, but if you ever spot a little green halfling runing around invisibly who seems to know just the thing to say, odds are you've met Little Green, my pc.

At the office, the secretary makes note of your appointment and says, "Well, good sir, you're about a half-hour early. If you'd like to wait here with me for a little bit, he'll likely be free to help you. He's still preparing his spells."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Funny story... that reminds me of a completely different character. Basically, a Kender Rogue with enough ranks and magic items to hide that he still has like a +30 left over from fumbling a hide check.

"Very Well." Silvanus will take his seat and wait patiently.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

+30 eh? Well if Ishmael fumbles he will get 50 on his hide... :D

Also, just to clear it up for you. Plans was the DM for the teamup thread... the mission was actually something my PC had to do... we thought it would be cool to involve other PCs in it so my PC put the ad on the town crier... and then you and Lokio joined in (at that point Lokio wasnt a DM yet but since the thread took so long he ended up being one :D). As you recall Rizbans character was invited to join by Lokios character... hence we ended up with a thread were 3 out of the 4 PCs were the DMs characters :D

Also, I -generally- do not read all threads or go through them in detail to maintain my impartiallity and to not risk metagaming... but in your thread I had posted so it was in my subscribe list and saw that there was no answer since 2 weeks or so and thought to bump it up :D

So... you're welcome :D

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    And thank you very much Mr. Mono.

New question: since I have 3 of the 4 DM's here more or less, I can as a general census about this particular topic. Have you guys banned the Moonspeaker PrC for Shifter Druids?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Funny story... that reminds me of a completely different character. Basically, a Kender Rogue with enough ranks and magic items to hide that he still has like a +30 left over from fumbling a hide check.

"Very Well." Silvanus will take his seat and wait patiently.
    If he does nothing else, 30 minutes will pass quietly before the divination master walks out and says, "Ah, on time I see. Come right on in."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Should I specify more when Silvanus is simply going to wait?
    "Many thanks. I hope you have acquired everything necessary for your spells... and I hope that I can retrieve my animal companion. I know he still lives; I feel it."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    some people like to squeeze as much rp into every IC minute as they can. Others want to fast-forward to the "good" parts. I can cater to either style, and just wanted to make sure you didn't feel obligated to skip the wait.

"Well, you're right about that, at least. Preliminary divinations confirm that."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah alright. If I feel like exploiting the 30 minutes in wait, I'll probably say so through my character's actions. So just respond to my posts and everything should be fine :P
    "So now we are twice as sure that his existence is intact... good. Now, to find where exactly he has been removed to." Silvanus looks at the mage in a hopeful and expectant manner, that is, if a warforged's face with vines and branches grown over it can express emotion...

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

"I will now attempt to scry the creature. It is best if there is a piece of it that I can use as a focus, although a picture and a thorough description will do if I have to. If it had any posessions or items it used often that you have, they would be an aid. Anything connected to the bat."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Could I use a wand of major image to give an image of my Dire Bat?
    "Hmm... "

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    is major image part of the druid spell list? if so, that's a creative way to give a good description.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...I really wish I could say yes, because that'd be awesome... but I do have another way to effectively do the same thing!
    So, I basically have to be of the appropriate caster type to use spells of a certain type, right? For instance, I have to be a wizard/sorc/bard to use the bloody wand...
    Silvanus reaches a hand into his pouch, and pulls out the last scroll of Summon Nature's Ally II. Doing what is necessary to activate the scroll and beckon forth its magic, he summons a Dire Bat. "He looks very similar to this."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm... well, a sample of bat fur will be useful... but I know what dire bats look like. I was hoping for your specific bat."

He casts the scrying with aid from your summoning.

"Hm... he seems to be... flying with a dragon."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So I just described this to one of my friends, and he was like "Yeah, we bros. We cool. We, "Tight". We homies." You have no idea what kind of mental images are running through my head right now XD

Silvanus is very taken back and not entirely sure what he just heard. "...beg pardon?"
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-10-27 at 12:20 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

"Your dire bat and an odd-looking dragon are flying through stormy skies hunting flying fish."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

"...well... ...that's unexpected... ...so he's flying through the sky, there's an oddly shaped dragon, and there are flying fish... ...besides those three facts, there is obviously a storm. Can the storm distinguish a specific plane he might be on, or is it still to vague to tell?"

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"He's on a chaotic one, that's for sure. Pandemonium, Limbo, or the Vortex are your best bets. Only chance we'd have of getting something more precise than that is if he happens to fly by something iconic. They're big planes, though, so the odds of that are slim. I can keep the scry up a few minutes more though."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well... it's good to know he's alive and well. ...though I am a bit surprised he's flying beside a Dragon and not being eaten...

...so what about the Dragon makes it odd?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

"Never seen one like it before."

When the scrying is over, he casts you a pro bono minor image:

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

"It looks rather hellion. Intriguing..." Silvanus turns to the man again. "So, there is there some method to determine the plane he is currently... "fishing" on?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"That's where the contingent augury comes in. It will take a while, but once it's crafted, it will be activated when you next sit down."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see... " Silvanus then remarks, "I suppose I was too stricken by grief and loss to make rational thought of what we are doing at this very moment, but now that my mental senses are back in function, I need to ask: how much do I owe you so far, and how much will it increase to?"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

"Exact price calculations have yet to be done, but you're at a few hundred, and this'll run you a couple thousand."