New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores General Town Thread 3

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance, there are some ponies that call the forest home as well.

A small business district has started to grow, with a Bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, Snow Cone Stand, Dance Academy, and even a Soda Bar popping up for the citizens of the town. They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a Farm and a Wizard's Tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

Locations Covered in this Thread

Character homes, Civic Center(Run by Sweet Dream, volunteers welcome), Nightclub(Run by Purple Pepper), Knack's Farm(Run by Knack, with some hired hooves), Streets, The Legs' Junk Shop(Run by Orange and Blue Legs), Fox Trot's Dance Studio(Run by Foxtrot), and scenes in places that are not Bridle Shores.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-06-27 at 09:10 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridal Shores General Town Thread 3

Nope. I don't. If I were Berathor I would have my lists to tell me who you are or If I was Moro I would have memorised everything about you the moment you stepped through the ten mile radius. But I am neither. Would you like a drink? Jormongs voice had returned to normal and he was as before. A small table appeared with a alcoholic beverage not known to ponies called Whiskey. He quickly drank up a glass of it.
    Last edited by Rodny; 2011-06-25 at 12:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    The pie didn't bother her. Even getting called 'little miss detective' didn't bother her.

"If you hadn't offered, maybe I would have. But first, answer my question."

The simple fact of the matter was, she refused to play his game. This was her game, now.

"No, no, no, you wanted your parlor scene, only reason you blasted that particular message over the sound system to round up the others, let's share with everypony,"
    He replied in his haughty tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Why do I have this incredible feeling of deja vu that I done this before?" Silverpine said, rubbing his head gingerly. "Wait, who the hay are you?" Then he looked as his hoof which had a trace of smeared ink. His eyes widened.

"Gear! You did not just draw a mustache on me."

"I choose not to comment until I have a lawyer present,"
    Gear said closing her eyes with a small smirk.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I choose not to comment until I have a lawyer present,"
    Gear said closing her eyes with a small smirk.
    "Oh you incorrigable mare." Silverpine facehoofed. A red handkerchief appeared next to him and fell on his hoof. He began wiping the ink from his face. "Why the hay am I in your dreams anyway?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh you incorrigible mare." Silverpine facehoofed. A red handkerchief appeared next to him and fell on his hoof. He began wiping the ink from his face. "Why the hay am I in your dreams anyway?"
    "I don't even think this is my dream....it lacks a harem...I was told I could invite anypony to whatever this is." She nuzzled him with a romantic undertone. "So naturally I thought of you, sweetstuff...to torment some more even in a dream." The last part of that...obviously in a different tone, haha.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"No, no, no, you wanted your parlor scene, only reason you blasted that particular message over the sound system to round up the others, let's share with everypony,"
    He replied in his haughty tone.
    "The mood's already broken quite a bit, and since we're having this pause... I'm taking advantage of it. After all, you've got to have something up your sleeve to be so cocky despite the fact that your mark is all over that letter."

This was both true and false, in the end. That latter was the biggest tip-off that she had, the one piece of physical evidence that linked Lemon to the crime in any way. But probably not in the way he thought she meant.

The said, she still gathered up the papers carefully and began pushing them towards the door.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Hmmm, I can have some fun with this. But I have to be sure.....

Blaze nudged her again and whispered in her ear once more.
    "Kamina."
    "....mmm... pierce... heavens..."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't even think this is my dream....it lacks a harem...I was told I could invite anypony to whatever this is." She nuzzled him with a romantic undertone. "So naturally I thought of you, sweetstuff...to torment some more even in a dream." The last part of that...obviously in a different tone, haha.
    "So... even in dreams I can't run away from you," Silverpine said with resignation. His lips curled up in a smile when he felt the nuzzle. "I suppose I might as well make the best of it." He returned the nuzzle fondly.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "....mmm... pierce... heavens..."
    Alright, time to do this
    Blazing Hooves whispered again in her ear.
    "I will give Blazing Hooves lots of hugs, and eat breakfast with him because he is awesome and a pinnacle of masculinaty."
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"The mood's already broken quite a bit, and since we're having this pause... I'm taking advantage of it. After all, you've got to have something up your sleeve to be so cocky despite the fact that your mark is all over that letter."

This was both true and false, in the end. That latter was the biggest tip-off that she had, the one piece of physical evidence that linked Lemon to the crime in any way. But probably not in the way he thought she meant.

The said, she still gathered up the papers carefully and began pushing them towards the door.
    So the three wound up back at the tent where the others were at, Lemon being a big ol' time waster when it was inevitable Mystery was going to get her parlor scene. The other four were still there. Peach looked bored and cocked a brow seeing her brother in cuffs. Maestro had made sure Cerise didn't try to escape. Lefty...well he was Lefty wearing his emotions on his sleeve looking all upset and worried at this whole scenario. Cherise was there staring at the ground but then perked her head up when she saw Lemon. He simply gave her a cold look as she returned to looking at the ground.

"Alright little miss detective let's get this sideshow going, let's have all the truth pour out in which in the end I'll be back to usual business,"
    He commented. "Ask your questions and let's see if you can really see the truth."

"So... even in dreams I can't run away from you," Silverpine said with resignation. His lips curled up in a smile when he felt the nuzzle. "I suppose I might as well make the best of it." He returned the nuzzle fondly.
    "Nope," She nuzzled him some more and then turned to look at Berathor. "Soo...is there an actual point to this?...Who are you? Am here to do something?....Or can I get back to scheming on stealing pony kisses? Haha."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"You'd like that, wouldn't you? Well, unfortunately...That's not going to happen. I'm hoping for Let me tell you all a story... The story starts off with two stallions and a dream. It starts off with a family."

She waved a hoof at the assembled crowd, withholding her gaze from Lemon.

"And it ends with a different sort of family. I can't say whether the first family was good or not, only that a point came when it fell apart. Everyone here knows when that was. And, for the most part, if anyone noticed, they kept it to themselves. 'I'm just staying because it was his dream,' 'I'm sure they're just rumors,' 'No one would ha' really hurt anyone here. They're good people.' But this was true, too: the dream was falling apart. And it'll never really be put back together again, I can tell you that."

And maybe because she had a dream that had fallen apart, was falling, she spared a moment for pity. The fact of the matter was, there wasn't any way to get it back to the way things were. If it could be done better, it'd take outside help. There was no way someone like Lemon could run a carnival, given the rights. And Ferias, who apparently broke like a twig, couldn't run it either, but from a different direction.

"But somepony thought they could give it a whirl. Better, even, without those incompotent old hangers-on. So he got together what I think someponies here thought of as a little family. The young, the dreamers, the ambitious. But to that pony, they were just another step, and he'd hang them out to dry. Of course, that's why it'll never be business as usual here, among other reasons."

She waved a hoof particularly at Cerise before taking a little swig from her flask. She was waiting to see how things went from there.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, time to do this
    Blazing Hooves whispered again in her ear.
    "I will give Blazing Hooves lots of hugs, and eat breakfast with him because he is awesome and a pinnacle of masculinaty."
    "...hugs...and breakfast... and masculinity..."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

13. - Top - End - #13

"...hugs...and breakfast... and masculinity..."
    Blaze gave a small frown, and decided to go another route. He grabbed a feather, and brought it in clamped in his mouth. He then began to tickle Scarlet on her nose.
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

That will probably wake her up.
    "Nnn... ah!"

Awake!

15. - Top - End - #15

That will probably wake her up.
    "Nnn... ah!"

Awake!
    Blaze did a little pose as if he was facing a camera.
    "Success!"
    He then turns back to Scarlet.
    "Dad left you a note."
    He dropped the note next to her. It read: 'The force called. I'll be back in 1-3 days. -Zach.'
    At the bottom in a totally different handwriting was: 'P.S., you should totally let Blazing Hooves drive a mecha.'
    "He also made breakfast. Don't worry about me, I can look after myself."
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

She raises an eyebrow.
    "...and you didn't alter the note at all, of course?"

17. - Top - End - #17

She raises an eyebrow.
    "...and you didn't alter the note at all, of course?"
    Blaze looked away.
    "Noooooo, what would give you that idea?"
    He gives a nervous chuckle.
    "Good one, Scarlet. Like I would alter the note."
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodny View Post
    Nope. I don't. If I were Berathor I would have my lists to tell me who you are or If I was Moro I would have memorised everything about you the moment you stepped through the ten mile radius. But I am neither. Would you like a drink? Jormongs voice had returned to normal and he was as before. A small table appeared with a alcoholic beverage not known to ponies called Whiskey. He quickly drank up a glass of it.
    Sandy frowned. There were just too many things that didn't make sense here, and he wasn't sure what to make of any of it. There was the possibility that this was all an elaborate lie, meant to get him to lower his guard. Or it could be that this was an entirely new breed of creature, and that they really didn't mean him harm. There just wasn't enough reliable information to go off of. His gut told him to just boot Jormong out and be done with it, but so long as the Nightmare was willing to talk, there wasn't much harm in playing along for now.

Plus, he was really hoping Jormong was telling the truth.

"No thanks. I think you'll understand if I say I don't trust you Jormong. But unless you try to pull something, I suppose we can talk about this." He sat down, horn still glowing, but only faintly. "Now, what is all this about again? I wouldn't mind some particulars about this "joined dream" you mentioned."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze looked away.
    "Noooooo, what would give you that idea?"
    He gives a nervous chuckle.
    "Good one, Scarlet. Like I would alter the note."
    She smirks slightly. "It's different handwriting."

20. - Top - End - #20

She smirks slightly. "It's different handwriting."
    "There is a very good explanation for that, and I will tell you it if you can CATCH ME!"
    He then takes off out of the bedroom and into the hall, grabbing a pancake on his way and eating it quickly.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"You'd like that, wouldn't you? Well, unfortunately...That's not going to happen. I'm hoping for Let me tell you all a story... The story starts off with two stallions and a dream. It starts off with a family."

She waved a hoof at the assembled crowd, withholding her gaze from Lemon.

"And it ends with a different sort of family. I can't say whether the first family was good or not, only that a point came when it fell apart. Everyone here knows when that was. And, for the most part, if anyone noticed, they kept it to themselves. 'I'm just staying because it was his dream,' 'I'm sure they're just rumors,' 'No one would ha' really hurt anyone here. They're good people.' But this was true, too: the dream was falling apart. And it'll never really be put back together again, I can tell you that."

And maybe because she had a dream that had fallen apart, was falling, she spared a moment for pity. The fact of the matter was, there wasn't any way to get it back to the way things were. If it could be done better, it'd take outside help. There was no way someone like Lemon could run a carnival, given the rights. And Ferias, who apparently broke like a twig, couldn't run it either, but from a different direction.

"But somepony thought they could give it a whirl. Better, even, without those incompetent old hangers-on. So he got together what I think someponies here thought of as a little family. The young, the dreamers, the ambitious. But to that pony, they were just another step, and he'd hang them out to dry. Of course, that's why it'll never be business as usual here, among other reasons."

She waved a hoof particularly at Cerise before taking a little swig from her flask. She was waiting to see how things went from there.
    "Bravo on the anecdote, ever look into being an orator little miss detective?" Lemon scoffed commenting sarcastically.

"Oh do shut-up Lemon..." Peach rolled her eyes and glanced at her brother. Lemon shot her a dirty look in return. Cherise appeared to have been affected the most with the story, her body language indicating so when Moonlight Mystery was nearing the end of the story. She kept her eyes downcasted, staring at her hoofcuffed hooves. Maestro who was near-by still couldn't help but put a comforting hoof despite her being a confessor to crimes.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-06-25 at 01:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"There is a very good explanation for that, and I will tell you it if you can CATCH ME!"
    He then takes off out of the bedroom and into the hall, grabbing a pancake on his way and eating it quickly.
    CHASE giggle!

23. - Top - End - #23

CHASE giggle!
    Blaze gave a laugh, staying in front of Scarlet by about 3 feet.
    "You can't hope to catch the mighty Blazing Hooves!"
    He isn't using his wings though to keep it fair.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"But I can tryyy!" she calls, smiling.

25. - Top - End - #25

"But I can tryyy!" she calls, smiling.
    Blaze starts getting tired after 10 minutes, he usually used his wings. He slowed down enough so Scarlet could catch him.
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Berathor

Yes. Yes there is a reason for this nonsense. You and everyone you want are invited for a joined dream. Also. You aren't exactly being given the option of turning it down and I am really sorry about that part. But the higher ups want you to meet a certain someone.

Jormong

Well a few friends of mine are thinking of starting a revolution and they need a reason to gather up and plot. You and a dozen or so others are going to be the reason. Jormong looked at the pony and took another sip. He then continued. Also I can't stop but notice your strange reaction to me and your distrust... I mean I can understand the distrust due to my appearance but why the hate? Also, do you want anything else to drink?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodny View Post
    Berathor

Yes. Yes there is a reason for this nonsense. You and everyone you want are invited for a joined dream. Also. You aren't exactly being given the option of turning it down and I am really sorry about that part. But the higher ups want you to meet a certain someone.

"Hauh...yea well...then let's go meet them....get this meeting over with...than I can go build my harem," Gearstride replied all matter-of-factly.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Blaze starts getting tired after 10 minutes, he usually used his wings. He slowed down enough so Scarlet could catch him.
    She pouncecuddles him!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Well then... A Nightmare appeared out of the background. Lead them towards the meeting place and tell the guards, if they stop you, that they are lucid dreamers. Don't be seen.(If you want Gearstride and Silverpine to talk on their way) Berathor quickly left and headed over to Zachs dream. It was a pure black background there too. He said. Good evening mister "Zach"

30. - Top - End - #30

She pouncecuddles him!
    Blaze goes down giggling.
    "Alright, you caught me. I will now grant you three wishes and you have to grant me my wish."
    He laughed some more.
    "I wish for unlimited wishes."
    -----
    For some reason, Zach's dream cannot be reached!
    Dun dun duuuun!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-06-25 at 03:35 PM.
    Busy with Life