New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Grill/Boutique/Bakery

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment Thread

Mane Pony Thread

OOC Thread

Locations Covered in this Thread

Grills's Grill: Grills's grill is a recently re-opened place where he, you guessed it, grills things. In keeping with the show, what he grills is entirely made of vegetable matter.

Scarlet's Boutique:Scarlet's Boutique is similar to Rarity's boutique, and even has dresses supplied to her by Rarity. The boutique doubles as a salon.

Please list which location your character is at to make this flow as Smoothly as possible.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-01 at 11:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FIM] Bridle shores Grill/Boutique/Bakery

In Grills Restaurant

Fox Trot Table 9

Fox Trot briefly smiled as she returned to her seat and let the others have their conversations. She poked at her salad feeling a bit fretful and completely penitent about her foolish choice of words and actions that lead the sensitive Miss Silvermane getting all...whatever that exactly was. How could I have been so dumb to forget.. She mentally berated herself. She inwardly sighed. From the outside she looked okay with the sheepish smile on her pony faces, she made sure that smile was there. She watched the surrounding others from the outside looking in, go on about this...burning ice thing. It went over her head as that sort of stuff was not her forte, it seemed interesting though in that fairy-tale sort of way.

Afterward she tried to distract herself with the tasty main course, hers being the Tomato and Zucchini Paninis entree.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-01 at 11:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FiM] Bridle Shores Grill/Boutique/Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    "Depending on how you look at it, either one of the two mystical substances mentioned in the story could be 'burning ice'." Eric(a) said, shrugging.

"The first one was 'ice' that was 'burning hot', and the second is 'ice that burned as a flame'."
    Dawn Blossom shook her head. "I don't think that's it, but thanks anyways," she said. "What I meant was ice that was literally on fire, or can catch fire." She looked to the doctor, seeking his wisdom.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-05-01 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Dawn Blossom shook her head. "I don't think that's it, but thanks anyways," she said. "What I meant was ice that was literally on fire, or can catch fire." She looked to the doctor, seeking his wisdom.
    Eric(a) now seems very intrigued, "what's the exact wording that you heard this from?"
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"I actually do know something about that...While there are a few ways to get the effect, there are a few places where magical ice that will catch fire forms naturally. I use it in my work sometime -- it's actually very good in case a spell's backfire causes swelling and..."

He realized that the filly had not much interest in the magical-medical applications of burning ice, only in the burning ice itself. So he shook his head and added,

"While I keep some in my office, it's important for you to find it yourself, if you're going to do anything that matters with it. That's the way it is, with truly important magic...I believe there's a patch in a cave on Mt. Trotia that I used when I was a colt...
    And if you need to move some, don't try and keep it cool magically. It'll just turn into regular ice if you do that."

He explained, giving as much information as he could. There were rules to his sort of magic, which existed in-between unicorn magic and the stranger magics of other beings... There were rules to all magic, but he could put them off less, and felt the weight of them more. And, in some ways, it was liberating, since he had to do things right.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Snickerfilly - Party - Table 8]

Snickers has been zoned out for awhile, thinking about monkey bread and various recipes. At the mentioning of dance cards and Silvermane almost freaking out, she snaps back to reality. She decides not to directly saying anything or ask if Silvermane is okay, lest she further upset her. "I don't know who to dance with, either. Honestly, I'm not that great of a dancer. And now that I don't even have the right body, I'm probably much worse. I wonder if it'll be okay for us to sit out the dancing..." she muses.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

[Foxglove, Table 8]

"Well, I was going to sit out...I don't want ... to bother anyone with an invitation they didn't want ... and I really don't know..."

Foxglove admits it loud enough for someone else to hear at last, her voice trailing off towards the end and her face blank. Then she looks up at last and asks, with some expression back onto her face, finding it easier to think about Snickers' feelings than her own, which just got in the way,

"Does how good you are at dancing matter, though?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"My main concern would be messing it up for the other person, really..." Snickers shrugs. She then observes: "I suppose if two less skilled dancers were paired together, they could enjoy the dance without the fear of messing up too badly. Or enjoy the experience of learning and teaching each other how to dance as they went along..."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

"Being good at dancing is not what matters so as long as you can find the pure fun in it-" The gentlefilly off-handedly said just realizing the question wasn't directed at her, so she shut up.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-01 at 11:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom grew excited, this was exactly what she had been looking for. They were one step closer to a cure for Soft! "Can you tell me where on Mt. Trotia this cave is?" she asked.

----

"Honestly ... I don't know about dancing either," said Silvermane, beginning to feel a little better. She smiled gratefully at her friends for cheering her up again. "But ... I don't want to let anypony down...." If she was to dance, it would only be with Whitefire or somepony who requested it, like Fox Trot, and the latter was only because she didn't want to let anypony down.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-05-02 at 01:32 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "My main concern would be messing it up for the other person, really..." Snickers shrugs. She then observes: "I suppose if two less skilled dancers were paired together, they could enjoy the dance without the fear of messing up too badly. Or enjoy the experience of learning and teaching each other how to dance as they went along..."
    "Then why not ask someone who's not so good with dancing? I think that sounds like a fun plan."

She pointed out with a gesture of her horn that, as a temporary mare, Snickers did have her own dance card to fill out. And she saw no reason anyone would refuse Snickers' request for a dance.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-05-02 at 12:03 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"You know...when this is all over, at some undisclosed date, I would gladly be willing to give a dance lesson, on the house of course, it could fun," She carefully offered the three fretting ponies. She kept an eye on her tone and word choice to avoid any repeat poorly phrased...sentences.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-02 at 12:10 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"So what should I write?" Snickers shrugs. "No preferences? Preference for bad dancers? Preferences for newbies? Or perhaps one of y'all?" she gestures to Silvermane and Foxglove.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "You know...when this is all over, at some undisclosed date, I would gladly be willing to give a dance lesson, on the house of course, it could fun," She carefully offered the three fretting ponies. She kept an eye on her tone and word choice to avoid any repeat poorly phrased...sentences.
    "Oh, no, but thank you for the offer," Silvermane said to Fox Trot.

"So what should I write?" Snickers shrugs. "No preferences? Preference for bad dancers? Preferences for newbies? Or perhaps one of y'all?" she gestures to Silvermane and Foxglove.
    "Well ... if I have to dance, I would prefer it to be with one of you," she admitted, in response to Snickers' question. Of course, "one of you" encompassed Soft, Fox Trot, Snickers, Foxglove, and Whitefire. Especially Whitefire, but she wasn't going to say that.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"I'd be happy to dance with anyone here, so we could have a dance, Snickers."

Now that she was being asked, it was a different matter entirely. Even if she wasn't being asked, so much as seeing clearly that someone -- two someones, with Silvermane's comment -- wouldn't be put out by her asking.

"I wonder if there'll be a good number for a danceline, so we could try as a group..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Grills/Table 1]

Grills cut himself a slice of grilled eggplant and savored his good work. He couldn't enjoy it too much as the ponies on the right side of the room seemed to be fretting enough to be noticeable. Noticeable to him anyway, the guests who were used to this kind of thing were unaware.

Grills decided to mess with the lighting and illuminate the left side of the hall (Tables 2-6). This, of course removed attention from the rightmost tables. With that done, he brought his attention back to his date.
    How is your entree, Gwyn? Delicious I hope.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot Table 9

"Oh, um okay then," Fox Trot found herself saying, though she had wished for different answer but alas. The other two probably didn't hear but it was for the better. Fox only wanted to do something for her...um friends, since well she couldn't bake and give them cookies and cake, nor she was good with cooking to give them nommings, nor was she any good at tending flowers to help out with that, nor was she good with animals or nature in general to be of help there. She was good with making stuff so hand-made gifts were out of the question, and apparently motivational speeches were losing their edge. Especially moreso if one didn't even follow them itself. But, regardless, it was probably still for the better. So she quietly and metaphorically snuck out of the conversation as to not butt in anymore and continued to eat her entree letting the flavors dance in her tongue.

Gwynfillion Table 1

"I am not displeased," Gwyn said who was enjoying the food as usual. She took note of lighting but wasn't sure what to make of his doings so chose to ignore it. She dabbed at her pony mouth with the cloth napkin.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm sorry Fox Trot," said Silvermane, feeling the sudden need to explain. "I just ... I don't plan on attending any more of these parties or dances, I honestly don't like so much attention and it just feels like everypony's silently looking at me and judging me and ooohhh I shouldn't have come...."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2011-05-02 at 01:05 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

"Well I wasn't offering necessarily going to teach in order to have you use those dancing skills at social events...just for having for fun.. amongst the privacy among close friends." Fox Trot's tone a little...nettled as she simply kept her eyes on her food as she took another bite. "Uh...sorry I don't know why it came out that way.." Fox Trot flushed though she really wasn't sure her tone of voice came out that way but she shook it out of her head. "Um....I didn't quite catch what you said there last Miss Silvermane." Fox Trot nervously chuckled and likely had a sweat drop for good measure.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nothing, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come," Silvermane squeaked, staring sadly at her empty salad plate.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Table 1]

An older blue mare approached the center of table fearlessly. Her purple mane lack the sheen but her dress and jewelry easily made up you it. Mr. Grills, I have decided to take up your offer before another investor attempts to outbid me. 10% for 60 thousand.

The other guests at the time started to grumble and moan. Numbers and percentages filled cacophony flew out of their mouths removing all peace at the table.

Grills pressed his hoof against Gwyn's gently before answering them all. It seems that Miss Muffin has set the standard. You all know what I've asked of each of you. Match the six to one and consider your stakes secured.

Excellent. My assistant will be in contact with your very stylish business manager. She said, pointing to Gwyn,

Grills chuckled nervously. He quickly sneaked a look and Gwyn for her reaction. No, Miss Muffin. She isn't my business partner. I run my restaurants alone now.

Oh good. Falling for your partner is what got you in trouble the last time. Miss Muffin commented.

Oh thank you for your concern.
    Grills' eyes opened in shock, then squinted in disgust. When the dark blue pony walked away to returned to her seat, he muttered something to himself. Underhanded old...

---

[Table 8]

A rather dashing green colt approached the table. He came in with the other rogues at Table 4 but he looked different. Not physically as his twin still sat at the table on the other side, but his personality was not the same and he actually seemed to have some grace and class.

I hope none of your beautiful ladies have finished filling you cards
    . He said. His eyes were focused mostly on the blue pony, Silvermane. I hope to be penciled in somewhere.
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-05-02 at 01:49 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

All Fox Trot heard was high pitched low volume of "Eeep eeep squeak eep eeep eep" and for some reason...that was really annoying. Fox Trot mentally gasped and shook her head ashamed that such a thought would sneak into her head about a friend. "Um....uh....oh it's all okay, I'm sorry." Fox Trot defaulted to that response as she wasn't sure what Silvermane said so HEY might as well be safe. Although Fox Trot had no reason to apologize.

Gwyn

"Wait...this is a new development," Gwyn raised her brow as she 'casually' moved her hoof from under Grills as she brought it to her chin. "Well whoever this um investor was may lack tact but at least she sees a beauty when she calls it. Not that that's relevant right now." Gwyn wasn't quite sure what to make of this as she didn't really care if he had lovers in his past, most did, it happened. It was more about the other part about getting into trouble due to the relations, it that raised questions in her mind. She would let Grills speak first IF he even had anything to say on it if not, well, the imagination is something that should not be left unchecked. *vagueness*
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-02 at 02:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm sorry, I have to use the restroom," said Silvermane, standing up and heading towards the restrooms. Once inside the restroom, she started to cry. She'd done it again. So close to maybe making a new friend, and she'd let her down.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Grills]

When Gwyn removed her hoof from his, he knew exactly what Miss Muffin was doing. Unstable stallions become foolish ones. A fool will agree to anything on the right day.

I would have preferred not to converse about past relationships at this time. But with it thrown it my face as it was... Grills placed his hoof on his cheek and rested his head upon it. ...is there anything you want to know. We can talk about this outside if you wish.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    [Grills]

When Gwyn removed her hoof from his, he knew exactly what Miss Muffin was doing. Unstable stallions become foolish ones. A fool will agree to anything on the right day.

I would have preferred not to converse about past relationships at this time. But with it thrown it my face as it was... Grills placed his hoof on his cheek and rested his head upon it. ...is there anything you want to know. We can talk about this outside if you wish.

"Honestly Grills I couldn't give a manure's lick about whatever sordid history you had, we've all been there, well most, most ponies here are a bit still innocent," She mentally noted the silly filly who had rushed to the bathroom in tears. It was kinda funny for her in that dark humor way, buy anyhoof. "Like I said...I couldn't care, so as long as you can keep your past baggage in the past. []...I expected some sort of...history to be kept away without you telling me soon, afterall, we've only known eachother for what...three days." Gwyn put her hoof over his hoof that was on his cheek. "However if you feel the need to retch up your past lovers and all that information...that's up to your discretion." She was moderately curious but at the same she didn't want to know.

Fox Trot

Well darn...there goes that Fox Trot messing up things even though she didn't really do anything. Fox Trot wasn't really sure what to do...if she went after her she'd probably somehow make things worse without having had even done anything in particular. That annoyed tingling feeling rose up again prompting Fox trot to rub at a phantom pain.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Honestly Grills I couldn't give a manure's lick about whatever sordid history you had, we've all been there, well most, most ponies here are a bit still innocent," She mentally noted the silly filly who had rushed to the bathroom in tears. It was kinda funny for her in that dark humor way, buy anyhoof. "Like I said...I couldn't care, so as long as you can keep your past baggage in the past. []...I expected some sort of...history to be kept away without you telling me soon, afterall, we've only known eachother for what...three days." Gwyn put her hoof over his hoof that was on his cheek. "However if you feel the need to retch up your past lovers and all that information...that's up to your discretion." She was moderately curious but at the same she didn't want to know.
    [Grills]

Just making sure what she said didn't bother you. I ready never thought it did. I adore you inner strength. He replied. Grills reached for Gwyn's hoof after watching Silverman run off the the restroom. Just know, I trust you more than all of them. With the short time we've been together, that tells you something of their collective characters. But that is the past, you are my present. Yeah, he knew that last part was a bit cheesy. But it calmed him.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground

Whitefire sat in silence for a long while, carefully contemplating. There was something here, something in the air he could almost taste. A night for decisions. A night to work up the courage and do something he should have done a long, long time ago.

"Miss Foxtrot," the white stallion dressed in red said suddenly, breaking the long silence with a sudden almost-speech, "Silvermane is worried she upset you; she is extremely sensitive about such things. You should go and reassure her. And afterwards, I would ask a dance. I confess I am curious to see you in your element."

Charger was still sitting next to Dawn Blossom, but was concerned. She'd overcommitted on quests - she'd somehow gone to none to three and would have to make some tough choices soon. She'd promised Wind Dancer to help him explore the underground, but she couldn't rightly leave Dawn to scale Mt. Trotia either... she sat in silence as she stewed over the dilemma. She'd barely done more than mutter the odd 'yes' or slight following of the conversation until now, so lost in thought that she was only dimly aware of anypony else.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-02 at 03:58 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

[Table 8]

A rather dashing green colt approached the table. He came in with the other rogues at Table 4 but he looked different. Not physically as his twin still sat at the table on the other side, but his personality was not the same and he actually seemed to have some grace and class.

I hope none of your beautiful ladies have finished filling you cards
    . He said. His eyes were focused mostly on the blue pony, Silvermane. I hope to be penciled in somewhere.
    "Um...Who are you? O, excuse me..."

"I'm sorry, I have to use the restroom," said Silvermane, standing up and heading towards the restrooms. Once inside the restroom, she started to cry. She'd done it again. So close to maybe making a new friend, and she'd let her down.
    Foxglove got up immediately after that and followed after Silvermane. She was a little dissapointed that there was still so much nervousness and sadness at the party: she had been hoping for fun. But what needed to be done needed to be done.

"Silver, it's ok. No one's upset with you."

She wasn't sure exaaaaactly what the problem was, but that was always a safe bet when it came to Silvermane. That or animals in pain, but she wasn't upset, too, so that wasn't it. She smiled gently at her friend, as what had just happened played a few times in her head. The fireflies flew off of Foxglove's ears and snuggled up to Silvermane's chest.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

[Grills]

Just making sure what she said didn't bother you. I ready never thought it did. I adore you inner strength. He replied. Grills reached for Gwyn's hoof after watching Silvermane run off the the restroom. Just know, I trust you more than all of them. With the short time we've been together, that tells you something of their collective characters. But that is the past, you are my present. Yeah, he knew that last part was a bit cheesy. But it calmed him.
    "That was absolute cheese and you should be ashamed," She raised her brow as a small cocksure grin formed on her lips. She squeezed his hoof in assurance. "But thank-you."

"So what's this about trouble with some dame? What, did you end up throwing so much money on this termagant that it put you in debt?" Her voice slightly amused. There was a part of her that wanted to playfully torture Grills...If he didn't answer, that was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Whitefire sat in silence for a long while, carefully contemplating. There was something here, something in the air he could almost taste. A night for decisions. A night to work up the courage and do something he should have done a long, long time ago.

"Miss Foxtrot," the white stallion dressed in red said suddenly, breaking the long silence with a sudden almost-speech, "Silvermane is worried she upset you; she is extremely sensitive about such things. You should go and reassure her. And afterwards, I would ask a dance. I confess I am curious to see you in your element."

[/I]
    "Uh...I dunno about that," Fox Trot wasn't sure if she was the best pony for that job, that seemed out of her league kind of handling. But a single look at the expression..whatever it was exactly on Whitefire's face made Fox Trot feel like well she had to. "Um-um...yes alright," Which was kind of an answer to both subjects, the reassuring of Silvermane, and the dance request. Even though Fox Trot wasn't acquainted with dancing with males, even if Whitefire was technically a filly, the eccentricities of who would lead and things like that threw her off. But if Whitefire didn't mind, which Fox didn't think they would, in regards to this um...thing. Gah, confound this buffy-speak!
    --

"Um...Miss Silvermane?" Fox Trot cautiously asked as she entered the little fillie's room. It amazed her that ponies even had bathrooms let alone the anatomy...somewhere...somehow to essentially poop and pee
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-05-02 at 08:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground

Whitefire was seemingly satisfied by that and sat back in his chair as the conversation moved to a venue he believed he should not enter in his current state.

There was resolve there, and his chin was lifted a little. A minor series of requests but somehow important ones.