New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Amazing Homebrew Compendium (for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder - Taking Requests)

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Hey! This looks great, so i'd like to toss in two requests if you have the time.

The first is for a base class based around the idea of "Learning through Consumption". Basically, I'd like to play a class that starts off as something of a bard/rogue that uses Shadow Magic to absorb knowledge/power/skills/spells etc. from defeating opponents (maybe through application of a specific technique) and then either keeps those abilities or converts them into something else that improves the class. For example, maybe by killing a powerful druid character, it gains a watered-down version of the Wild Shape power (maybe it gains a nature ability or a single transformation from a weaker druid kill or from a creature) or gains a Psionic power from killing a Psion or weak Psionic creature (maybe something better from killing an Illithid). Basically, the stronger the foe, the better the gain. If possible, also recommend a race/build options, but if that is hoping for too much, then don't worry about it.

The second homebrew is for a class for a character I'd like to model after Jarlaxle Baenre from R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels. Go nuts with this one and have fun.
    I'm somewhat busy right now taking care of two needy dogs and working on my own homebrew world, but I think I might be able to work on the second request soon. Mostly because I love Jarlaxle (but in a strictly heterosexual way, not that there is anything wrong with the alternative).

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Amazing Homebrew Compendium (for D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder - Taking Requests)

Thanks. I mean, Jarlaxle is basically the definition of win.

Edit: also, since we both love Jarlaxle, I'd like the PrC to be somewhere on the range of Tier 1-Tier 2 (could be Tier 1, could be in-between, etc.). Also, been browsing the other creations...you rock at this.
    Last edited by TravelLog; 2011-08-13 at 01:00 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

I just updated the format of the Weapon Master.

The Jarlaxle-based PrC is a huge endeavor, and it is sure to take a while.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Hobbit; 2011-08-12 at 05:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really sorry about the delay on the Jarlaxle PrC. I started working on it, and then my power went out, undoing my work.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

can you please do a assimir/tiefling equivalent for psycopomps. please and thank you
    only darkness is truly eternal

credit for avatar goes to vrythas

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Muse View Post
    I'm really sorry about the delay on the Jarlaxle PrC. I started working on it, and then my power went out, undoing my work.
    It's alright. Whenever you get a chance.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

The Jarlaxle PrC, called the Deus Ex Machina, is about half done. I hope to finish it before bed.

8. - Top - End - #68

Awesome, can't wait to see it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

This is what I have so far. Its very rough, but theoretically playable.

DEUS EX MACHINA
    "Do not underestimate Jarlaxle. Many have; they all are dead.
    - Artemis Entreri, referring to a Deus Ex Machina
    "Luck? Perhaps. But more often, I dare to say, luck is simply the advantage a true warrior gains in excuting the correct course of action."
    - Drizzt, missing the point

Some people have the seemingly magical ability to solve problems. When all seems grim, their eyes light up and they pull a seemingly magical solution out of their belt. They are more than just lucky. They are cunning, resourceful, prepared, quick-witted, and nimble. They are the Deus Ex Machina.

Role: Deus Ex Machina are skill monkeys. They have lots of skill points, a phenomenal skill set, and powers that temporarily boost skills. Their great improvisation skills and hard-to-kill-ness makes them decent combatants, and they have the potential to be great spellcasters.

Alignment: Deus Ex Machina tend towards Chaotic alignments.

Hit Die: d8

REQUIREMENTS

To become a Deus Ex Machina, a character must fulfill the following criteria:
    • Base Attack Bonus: +3.
    • Skill Points The character must have a total of at least 70 skill points.

CLASS SKILLS

The Deus Ex Machina's class skills include eight skills of their choice.
    Skill Points Per Level: 8 + Int Modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Summon Mundane Item|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Saved By the -|

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Cunning Trick|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Exploit Weakness|

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Flame Blast 6d6, Crippling Flame Blade, Fire Resistance 15|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

CLASS FEATURES:

The following are the class features of the Deus Ex Machina prestige class.

Summon Mundane Item (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you can summon a mundane item of a value of 50gp or less as a free action. When you do this, it appears about your person. This is not a magical ability, because you have always been carrying it.

Saved By the - (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, after being hit by an attack, you can choose to reduce the damage by an ammount equal to your Charisma score. It is assumed that some strange item under your clothing took the brunt of your attack, you happened to know of a way of avoiding that particular attack for some obscure reason, or something similar. Essentially, you are saved by infuriating luck.

Cunning Trick (EX): You always seem to have just the right tool for the job in every situation. A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you pull out a funky little tool and gain a +5 circumstance bonus on your next skill check. The tool breaks after use, but you usually have something equally useful up your sleeve.

Spontaneous Logic (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you suddenly have a brilliant idea when all seems lost. For 1d4 rounds, you and all allies that can hear you gain a +1 bonus to all dice rolls.

Exploit Weakness (EX): A number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, after hitting with an attack, you can choose to make the target suffer 1d4 negative levels. You somehow know the Achilles Heel of this particular foe, and use it to your advantage.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Hobbit; 2011-08-31 at 10:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Looks good so far, though if possible, I'd like it to be 10 levels, and perhaps rename it the Cunning Mercenary? Deus Ex Machina seems a little cliche...

Will they be able to add Cha to damage rolls also?

Love the opener quotes by the way!
    "Saved By The--" is definitely my favorite so far haha.
    Last edited by TravelLog; 2011-08-31 at 11:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

can you possibly make me a pathfinder gypsy? like a bard/rogue type character with a bit of naturish things?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by indieninja View Post
    can you possibly make me a pathfinder gypsy? like a bard/rogue type character with a bit of naturish things?
    You want me to stat you up a character?

13. - Top - End - #73

Are you willing to make Pathfinder class archetypes? I would very much like a gun rogue archetype.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hello, if at all possible I would like a ten level PrC, for arcanists looking to summon Dragons and the like. Kinda like an alienist, but better and for Dragons (also if it could be geared towards both wizards and sorcerers, and not just sorcerer like most dragon based PrC, that would be great)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hey I was wondering if you would make a class that is a charging class. It can charge through everything and everyone. Thanks if you do it.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir. Hammerlot View Post
    Hey I was wondering if you would make a class that is a charging class. It can charge through everything and everyone. Thanks if you do it.
    This thread is old. I mean, really old. I hand't expected anyone to ever look at it again. I'm sorry, but I don't really do 3.5 homebrew anymore. I'm sure someone else who is better than I ever was can do it.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Hobbit View Post
    This thread is old. I mean, really old. I hand't expected anyone to ever look at it again. I'm sorry, but I don't really do 3.5 homebrew anymore. I'm sure someone else who is better than I ever was can do it.
    How about Pathfinder homebrews?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    How about Pathfinder homebrews?
    I don't play D&D 3.5 anymore, and hardly even remember it. This thread is dead and buried. To unearth it is to dig up a figurative corpse.