New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    So... For anyone who doesn't feel like waiting until tomorrow, the episodes have been leaked. Search youtube. They're there.

(Major spoilers. Seriously, they ARE about an episode that hasn't even officially premiered yet).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so the Lich didn't cause the great mushroom war, he was born from the mutations it caused.

Kinda weird that an episode about the Lich explains more about the Ice King than anything else.
    so
    Spoiler
    Show

What this wish changed was that Simon used the crown to stop the bomb, rather than just making sure The Lich never came to be.

That's Monkey's Paw for you.

I kind of wonder why this Marceline looked so different. Maybe that's what happens to half-demon vampires when they don't eat enough red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    so
    Spoiler
    Show

What this wish changed was that Simon used the crown to stop the bomb, rather than just making sure The Lich never came to be.

That's Monkey's Paw for you.

I kind of wonder why this Marceline looked so different. Maybe that's what happens to half-demon vampires when they don't eat enough red.
    Indeed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since the Lich was supposed to never exist, the wish had to stop the mutation bomb from going off. It did this by having Simon stop it from going off. Until Finn accidently triggered it in the alternate timeline, there was no Lich. The Lich DID never exist, but Finn accidently allowed him to be created after the fact.

As for Marceline, maybe her immortality/eternal youth was tied to the mutations? Not all of it could've been negative... The Candy People aren't the brightest bunch, but they seem pretty happy and they are more or less indestructable.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Firbolg in the Playground

Indeed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since the Lich was supposed to never exist, the wish had to stop the mutation bomb from going off. It did this by having Simon stop it from going off. Until Finn accidently triggered it in the alternate timeline, there was no Lich. The Lich DID never exist, but Finn accidently allowed him to be created after the fact.

As for Marceline, maybe her immortality/eternal youth was tied to the mutations? Not all of it could've been negative... The Candy People aren't the brightest bunch, but they seem pretty happy and they are more or less indestructable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Did it ever say that this one was a vampire?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-11 at 11:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, a lack of magic would probably mean a lack of Vampires. I mean, her Father probably keeps in relative shape thanks to the occasinal soul-sucking
    Ah, but...
    Spoiler
    Show
    There WAS magic, it just wasn't as wide-spread. The crown still existed. Marceline still had a demonic father. She just aged for whatever reason. Something supernatural about her kept her alive over those 1000 years, but it didn't keep her looking young like in the real timeline.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2012-11-11 at 11:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #995

Ah, but...
    Spoiler
    Show
    There WAS magic, it just wasn't as wide-spread. The crown still existed. Marceline still had a demonic father. She just aged for whatever reason. Something supernatural about her kept her alive over those 1000 years, but it didn't keep her looking young like in the real timeline.
    Hmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, her dad still has access to the magical item that transforms him into the ...oddly shaped incarnation of chaotic evil, so it's possible that he was a demonic creature before he put it on. Or, if one goes by his statment that ruling the Nightosphere is a "family business", he's looked the same since he put on the darned thing and Marceline never reconciled with him, hence her not currantly mutating poor demons in the Nightosphere in the no-war timeline.

Good glob, this is getting complicated.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

As I understand it, the True History of Ooo (Season 5 spoilers ep 1)

Spoiler
    Show
    The one major assumption here is that Finn's wish is granted straightforwardly, and the timeline was not changed randomly in ways other.

At some point in the future-past, Simon discovered the crown and the Enchiridion and began falling under the crown's influence. But then WW III happened and he met Marceline in the ensuing chaos. Some time after that the war escalated to the point where not only nuclear weapons where used, but some kind of necromantic doomsday weapon that gave birth to the Lich and caused rapid mutation in the survivors. Billy defeats and seals the Lich before all life on the planet is extinguished. Humanity is then hunted to near extinction.

Meanwhile the Mars colony continues on, having lost contact with Earth. And Abraham Lincoln is involved somehow, I don't know.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh. I liked the joke whiplash of the thing. Its like "Im going to be all dark and totaly cruel"

And then it cuts away and its like "Nope. Same old adventure time. "

Anyway: WOW the power of the crown. It could destroy the world in such a snap if it wanted.

And we find out that the Lich is not one specific being.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-11-12 at 10:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

Season 5 Opener
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was a great start to the season!

Enjoyed the craziness of Finn saving the world with a wish, then being the one to cause the end by once again putting on a magic item. Shame the Sword Arm didn't get much use.

Jake ending up as both the savior and the Lich was a twist I did not see coming.

... And oh god Ice King and Marceline. I just can't begin to even get into that.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

GURPS game is here.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Anyway: WOW the power of the crown. It could destroy the world in such a snap if it wanted.
    Well, we always knew the Ice Crown is crazy-powerful. I mean, one could reasonably say that it created the ice-kingdom over the course of the end of the world, and Ooo's entire coast past said kingdom is dotted with iceburgs. Heck, the Ice King's only limit on magical power is his cookoolanderhood.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, but...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually there is one little tid bit of info we learned about marceline... she's only HALF demon (little hint there about her mother). This might explain her aging, being only half demon she doesn't have all of her father's natural longevity, but enough of it to keep her around for 1000 years. As for why she's young in the normal timeline, that's because she's a vampire. Because of the change in the timeline, Marceline may have never become a vampire, and thus we have old-half demon non-vampire Marceline.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-11-12 at 08:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

I am not sure I really liked this episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jake's stupidity seemed rather exaggerated. Sure, he has never been the sharpest brick in the tree, but he has always cared very, very deeply about Finn. His initial casualness of Finn being i great danger seemed Out of Character for him.
    Also, aside from the Lich being back and Billy being dead, things basically snapped back to normal at the end through a practically literal Deus ex machina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

13. - Top - End - #1003

I've missed a few episodes it seems... and it got weird if the promos were any indication.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jake's stupidity seemed rather exaggerated. Sure, he has never been the sharpest brick in the tree, but he has always cared very, very deeply about Finn. His initial casualness of Finn being i great danger seemed Out of Character for him.
    Also, aside from the Lich being back and Billy being dead, things basically snapped back to normal at the end through a practically literal Deus ex machina.
    OR
    Spoiler
    Show

If you ignore the Sandwich thing, it's not that stupid. Jake literally has a "reset reality" button he can use. By the time he starts watching Finn, he already knows it can reset time.

Before he starts watching Nosefin, he, like Fin, probably assumes that the wish just erased the Lich. He didn't know about the Monkey's Paw rule. With the world saved, he defaults to a sandwich. AFTER he starts watching Nosefin, he knows that, no matter how bad things get, he can always just erase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Did you forget the episode where Finn gets kidnapped by gnomes and Jake is too busy teaching bugs how to dance and telling bad jokes to strangers to find him? Or the one where Finn literally jumps headfirst into a pit that he had just spent the last half hour putting signs in front of warning people never to enter, and Jake is too engrossed in his sandwich to follow him and make sure he's alright? It's not that he doesn't care about Finn, it's that he thinks everything is going to work out anyway without him intervening, and he's really lazy.

Season 5:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Finn is a noseless mutant freak! Confirmed!
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw this and had to share yet again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Did you forget the episode where Finn gets kidnapped by gnomes and Jake is too busy teaching bugs how to dance and telling bad jokes to strangers to find him? Or the one where Finn literally jumps headfirst into a pit that he had just spent the last half hour putting signs in front of warning people never to enter, and Jake is too engrossed in his sandwich to follow him and make sure he's alright? It's not that he doesn't care about Finn, it's that he thinks everything is going to work out anyway without him intervening, and he's really lazy.
    With the gnomes, if I remember correctly, it was more he was distracted. Once he realized what was going on, he strived his best, even using a wish from the Wolf Head Party God, to get back on track.
    I could be wrong, but I still feel it was more exaggerated this time.
    Either way, his stupidity seems to flip flop. Sometimes he is the wiser, more mature of the two, and sometimes not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

18. - Top - End - #1008

With the gnomes, if I remember correctly, it was more he was distracted. Once he realized what was going on, he strived his best, even using a wish from the Wolf Head Party God, to get back on track.
    I could be wrong, but I still feel it was more exaggerated this time.
    Either way, his stupidity seems to flip flop. Sometimes he is the wiser, more mature of the two, and sometimes not.
    I blame it on account of him being a dog. No, realy. He is mature enough to presumably claim a litter of corn-dogs as his own, serve as the default cook in the household, is the general "homemaker", and generaly be the "older" brother, but he can still be distracted by a peice of ham in the snow, be distrustful of outsiders, and have long lapses in judgement. Just like how even the most well-trained of dogs can still do increadably stupid things.

In essance, he is the more world-wise of the two, but has a attention span shorter than his tail.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Banned

December 3rd, Jake the Dad. I'm excited!!!

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

So we can say, after the season opener

Spoiler
    Show
    Humans found a way to weaponize magic.
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

21. - Top - End - #1011

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    So we can say, after the season opener

Spoiler
    Show
    Humans found a way to weaponize magic.
    Also
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's not that the alt humans look like Lemongrab, it's that Lemongrab looks like the alt humans.

Also, a deleted part of the Lich, in storyboard format. Honestly, this seems like it will be revisited later, so one might not wish to click it.

(It involves Finn.)
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-11-13 at 11:17 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    December 3rd, Jake the Dad. I'm excited!!!
    Unfortunately, we know he won't be able to connect with their Rainacorn heritage.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

He is mature enough to presumably claim a litter of corn-dogs as his own...
    I LOVE this name.

:o
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finn's Dad in the storyboard looks significantly different to alt-world Finn'd Dad. He kinda looks like Billy actually. From behind anyway.

I wish they'd kept this in. The bit with Finn only now realising he was adopted was priceless.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

In essance, he is the more world-wise of the two
    Because he ages in dog years.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Dwarf in the Playground

In magical dog years xD
    If they're anything like real dog years, he is only four human years old. Which would make no sense as Jake and Finn at some points were both kids together and Finn was found when he was still an infant.
    Halloween Inspired 3.5 content
    Eldritch Cultist [3.5 Base Class]

A Vitreous Drinker with a Robe of Eyes, for that extra eye feel.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Fine. MAGICAL dog years.

Its like the kid logic. 1 Human year= 7 dog years.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Makes perfect sense. MAGICAL dogs live longer lives and retain their youth longer than normal dogs.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Since the "puddle" was more than likely mutagenic ooze fallout, couldn't he be functionally immortal like the Lich?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

This is relevant to this threads interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MVvkqbXiws
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.