New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

Nah. Magic Mans just a jerk.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Nah. Magic Mans just a jerk.
    He wasn't always though. Something happened to his girlfriend on Mars then he went crazy.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

Meh. I like to think that the moral of his first appearance is stronger.

4. - Top - End - #1084

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Meh. I like to think that the moral of his first appearance is stronger.

That he was a jerk, and you should learn to see just how much of a jerk he is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Banned

(Tiny) Bubblegum has really good ab muscles.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

All the Little People:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pendleton Ward: "So you like shipping, do you? Well then! Have all the shipping in the world! AHAHAHAHA!"

Beemo/Ice King OTP
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    All the Little People:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pendleton Ward: "So you like shipping, do you? Well then! Have all the shipping in the world! AHAHAHAHA!"
    Yeah, my dad did that to me one time he caught me shipping in high school. He made me ship an entire carton of characters. By the end of it, I felt like I was going to throw up.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I just finished watching a collage of Episodes, And I am soooooooooo lost.
    Can someone PLEASE Explain the entire Thing start to finish with spoilers galore?
    I really, REALLY Cannot understand it, What is the 'War' and Why is Finn the only normal human, and what happened with the Lich?
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Alright, I just finished watching a collage of Episodes, And I am soooooooooo lost.
    Can someone PLEASE Explain the entire Thing start to finish with spoilers galore?
    I really, REALLY Cannot understand it, What is the 'War' and Why is Finn the only normal human, and what happened with the Lich?
    How many episodes have you seen, total, mate?

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Finn is a human. Jake is a dog. It is adventure time.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    Finn is a human. Jake is a dog. It is adventure time.
    That isn't how you do it! :

Finn is a human. Jake is a dog. This--. Is adventure time.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

The "entire thing" takes place in five episodes, Mortal Folly, Mortal Recoil, The Lich, Finn the Human, and Jake the Dog. You don't need to know anything to watch any of the other ones. That's not to say there's no continuity between them, it just shouldn't be too difficult to catch on to what's going on. I feel like they follow that old Stan Lee line about how "any comic could always be a kid's first" (paraphrased and half remembered). Speaking of which, I gotta get some of those comics while the show's on hiatus...
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-12-05 at 02:06 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Thing is, i cant GET to those episodes...
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Thing is, i cant GET to those episodes...
    You don't really need to know anything about that stuff except in those episodes, so it's all fine. The Mushroom war is something we're not really meant to know about. It gets alluded to a bit in background details, but there hasn't been a big explanation of what it is or how Earth turned into Ooo.

I was being glib with my early answer, but in a real sense that is all you need to know. Adventure time isn't a show you need a crib sheet for. Just watch whatever, and each episode should make sense as its own beast. You'll pick it up.

I mean, unless you've got some other reason why you need the info. It certainly isn't necessary to enjoy the show.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Here is the entire thing.

Jake is a dog. Finn is a human. Jake is magic - He can stretch and stuff. Finn is (most likely) the last of his kind. They live in Ooo. Ooo is a pretty crazy place. There are candy people and goblins and hot dog people and rainicorns (Part rainbow. Part unicorn.) and all sorts of weird stuff in Ooo. Lots of princesses too.

Adventure time follows Finn and Jake. Finn and Jake do all sorts of things from fighting evil to helping princesses to just generally trying to keep themselves entertained as they adventure through the land of Ooo. Other important characters include Princess Bubblegum, who rules the Candy Kingdom, the Ice King, who is a crazy old wizard who wields ice magic and is obsessed with kidnapping princesses, and Marceline, who is a 1000 year old vampire who sometimes hangs our with Finn and Jake.

Princess Bubblegum is a pretty good leader, but she has been shown to be a little off (and possibly a little insane) at times. The Ice King is senile and weird.

Like I said before, Ooo is a pretty crazy place. Even fairly early on, there were hints that Ooo is actually post-apocalyptic Earth. This has since been confirmed. The Earth was drastically changed in an event called The Great Mushroom War (the name likely referring to the mushroom cloud from a nuclear explosion).

Here's where the big spoilers come in... I'm reluctant to spoil since they lose a lot of impact without having been familiar with the series before watching the episodes where this stuff is revealed... But you did ask, so...

Holly Jolly Secrets
    What starts out as a wacky Christmas adventure in a land that doesn't actually have Christmas takes a turn for the dramatic. Finn and Jake spend the whole episode watching a series of old VHS tapes made by the Ice King. The Ice King tries to steal back his tapes. The last tape they watch turns the entire series up to this point upside down with just six words. "Hello. My name is Simon Petrikov." They play the last tape and it opens with a man speaking those words. The man turns out to be a much younger (1000 years younger) Ice King and explains quite a bit of why he is the way he is. Back when Ooo was like the Earth we all know, Simon found a magic crown and while joking around with his girlfriend, Betty, put the crown on his head (not realizing that the crown was actually magical). The crown made him behave strangely. He has no clue what it made him do, but whatever happened, it made him lose Betty. The crown told him things. Told him of the horrors to come and gave him control over ice and snow. The crown saved Simon from death during The Great Mushroom War, but it also cost him his sanity. All that is left of Simon in the Ice King, is his pain over his lost love. Of losing his princess.

Mortal Folly and Mortal Recoil
    An ancient evil known only as The Lich escapes from his imprisonment in solid amber. Finn and Jake follow the lich and defeat him, but due to the bumbling of the Ice King, Princess Bubblegum is horribly injured in a pool of magic goop. Princess Bubblegum is slowly nursed back to health, but it turns out she has been posessed by The Lich. Finn, Jake, and the Ice King fight and defeat the posessed Princess Bubblegum (who is giant now) by freezing her, but she falls over and shatters. She is put back together again (there are some serious benefits to being made of candy), but the doctors couldn't find enough of the pieces and now she is 5 years younger. This lasts about 3 episodes.

I Remember You
    The Ice King gets the urge to write a song to help him attract princesses. He seeks out Marceline because he really likes her music. Finn and Jake think he's up to no good and try to stop him, but Marceline says it's fine. It turns out The Ice King and Marceline quite a bit of history. They were both survivors of The Great Mushroom War. The Ice King found her in the ruins of the world and took care of her before his sanity slipped away entirely.

The Lich, Finn the Human, and Jake the Dog
    Finn starts to have strange dreams and goes to visit Billy, the great hero who originally trapped the Lich in amber. Billy tells Finn that the Lich is back and the two of them and Jake set off to enact a plan to defeat The Lich permanantly. When their plan is all but complete, it is revealed that The Lich had posessed Billy and manipulated Finn and Jake into opening a portal to a realm where he could alter reality and destroy all life. He enters the portal and Finn and Jake try to stop him before he destroys all life. They fail.

However, because they had crossed the portal before The Lich wiped out all life, they both get one chance to alter reality themselves. Finn uses his to wish the Lich never existed and creates an alternate reality. Alternate Finn is a boy in a magicless (but still fairly post-apocalyptic) world. Alternate Jake is just an ordinary dog.

In the alternate line, The Ice King (still Simon Petrikov at this point) used his ice magic to stop a mutagenic bomb from going off. The bomb didn't detonate, but it was still active, and the frozen bomb crushed him. With Simon dead, the magic in his crown went out of control and froze the world for, as Marceline put it, 400 boring years. Society rebuilt, but magic stayed unknown. Events unfold, Finn gets his hands on the Ice King's crown and is put in a position where his choices are use it or watch his family burn to death.

Meanwhile, Jake... the real Jake... is watching all of this unfold in the realm beyond the portal. He decides to save his reality-manipualting wish and just see how things play out.

Anyways, Finn puts on and uses the ice crown. Unable to control the power, he accidently causes the mutation bomb to detonate. The world is immediately twisted horribly and only those protected by Finn's ice are spared mutation. Finn goes to spot where the bomb detonated and sees a huge puddle of the green goop from Mortal Folly/Mortal Recoil. Jake is in the goop and Finn pulls him out. Jake is mutated into The Lich.

At this point, REAL Jake uses his wish to wish that The Lich had not wished for the extinction of all life and instead had wished for Finn and Jake to go home. Things are reset to the way they were before.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2012-12-06 at 12:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Bugbear in the Playground

I know some of you were playing an Adventure Time RPG game. Was it this? I'm trying to get a group together with some friends and I'm curious to hear how well it actually plays.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, Thank you so much...
    It was Bugging me that I knew part of the story, and could not see the rest.
    Thanks!
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    I know some of you were playing an Adventure Time RPG game. Was it this? I'm trying to get a group together with some friends and I'm curious to hear how well it actually plays.

Oh. My. Glob.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    It wasn't, actually. I was planning to use Legends based on advice from another poster, while someone else tried to start a game of GURPS. I had searched for an Adventure Time RP system earlier but didn't find anything.

Hmm. Based on 4th edition. Max of 5 levels? Interesting.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100

Is anyone interested in a short term game of this? I've never played 4e, but I'd like to play a game to try out some things and get a feel for it. I'm not sure who'd DM, though.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Ehh, you know what? I've been talking about doing a game for a while and never did anything about it. How about this: Give me a week or so to familiarise myself with the rules and I'll run the example adventure in the book? It'd be good practice for me as a very inexperienced DM.

Edit: Completely unrelated. In this scene from All the Little People:
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Guther watches Finn's hand.
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-12-07 at 07:02 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice catch, Diego.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

Gunther is the only little person with true sight.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Edit: Completely unrelated. In this scene from All the Little People:
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Guther watches Finn's hand.

Huh. Creepy little evil penguin.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daftendirekt View Post
    Nice catch, Diego.
    Wasn't me, I just found it on the internet and decided to share.

EDIT:
    Awesome fanarts:
    Spoiler
    Show

And a Peppermint Butler cosplay:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-12-10 at 01:50 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

27. - Top - End - #1107

Alright guys, haven't watched it, haven't given it much thought, no biases, no preconceptions.

Convince me. Explain why I should start watching Adventure Time.

(Even if I don't actually wind up watching the show I like to hear people explain why they like/dislike things, which is a rapidly disappearing art on the internet)

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Alright guys, haven't watched it, haven't given it much thought, no biases, no preconceptions.

Convince me. Explain why I should start watching Adventure Time.
    Lumpy Space Princess.

(Even if I don't actually wind up watching the show I like to hear people explain why they like/dislike things, which is a rapidly disappearing art on the internet)
    Oh, uh, more than that? It's a great example of fantasy with a complete irreverence to the real world or its rationality. Anything can happen; its creators are totally free, and more important than that, they're imaginative enough to do something beautiful with that canvas.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-12-14 at 02:12 AM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

Ehh, you know what? I've been talking about doing a game for a while and never did anything about it. How about this: Give me a week or so to familiarise myself with the rules and I'll run the example adventure in the book? It'd be good practice for me as a very inexperienced DM.
    And here we go.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110

Bumbity bump bump, here come's the lich train.

Spoiler
    Show
    Show