New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

Adventure Time II - Everybody Knows Your Name

If you don't know why that is a fitting title... Well, you will Monday.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Ice king has changed from one of my least favorite characters to the most awesome tragic hero in my mind. The Finn the Human episode implies that, even if he didn't stop the fallout of the muchroom war he probably played some crucial damage control and life preservation role in real Ooo. How much of life was saved because it was frozen through the worst and thawed out?.
    Considering F&J in an earlier episode are using flamethrowers on an iceberg to free among other things the businessmen from that particular episode and everything else was viably saved as well, I assume there was a huge amount of stuff saved by simon.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was actually wondering why Simon kept the crown, rather than trying to get rid of it. Maybe it does have a mind-altering effect of some kind. Or perhaps he took it with him to try and find a way to research it/destroy it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    While there is a certain sense in keeping the crown, there is also a fair amount of evidence that shows it's subtle hypnotic effect to make Simon rationalize keeping and using it.

-Simon has had and kept the crown for longer than the mushroom war, despite it causing a huge personal loss to him and knowing that it causes him to 'change'. The crown's 'keep me' effect is rationalized as research and curiousity even though Simon lost his love and momentarily his sanity with it.

-He doesn't carry any other weapons on him, nor does he look for anyway to defend himself other than the crown. Yes, the crown can protect him, but it's also subtly forcing Simon to use it by not allowing him to see other options. Even when Simon uses fisticuffs, he grabs the crown and hits the proto-candy person with it instead of grabbing a more appropriate object or pushing the shelf over and onto the proto-candy person.

-Instead of his priorities being finding a spot and equipment to research the crown, he gets distracted by watching over a little girl, and entertaining her and doting on her take all precedence in his life. The crown further uses this leverage to be used more.

Also, in regards to marceline not being a vampire in 'Finn the Human', my theory is this: In normal Ooo timeline, Marceline at some point seperates from Simon and goes on wild adventures and such, including finding her father and such as well as becoming the Vampire Queen. However in Finn the Human, she stays by Simon's side for the whole 996 years, thereby never having the encounter that would turn her into a vampire.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Also, in regards to marceline not being a vampire in 'Finn the Human', my theory is this: In normal Ooo timeline, Marceline at some point seperates from Simon and goes on wild adventures and such, including finding her father and such as well as becoming the Vampire Queen. However in Finn the Human, she stays by Simon's side for the whole 996 years, thereby never having the encounter that would turn her into a vampire.
    Or, simpler solution, the bomb is what made her a vampire. In the alternate timeline, it didn't detonate until Finn made it go off and she was at ground zero, so it killed her. In the real timeline, it detonated and she was changed by it, but she wasn't killed by it since she wasn't anywhere near as close to where it went off.

Little girl Marcy doesn't have the bite marks, but she still has the pointed ears and fangs. Looks pretty vampiric to me, even back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, I saw that too.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2013-03-23 at 08:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Or, simpler solution, the bomb is what made her a vampire. In the alternate timeline, it didn't detonate until Finn made it go off and she was at ground zero, so it killed her. In the real timeline, it detonated and she was changed by it, but she wasn't killed by it since she wasn't anywhere near as close to where it went off.

Little girl Marcy doesn't have the bite marks, but she still has the pointed ears and fangs. Looks pretty vampiric to me, even back then.
    Err, I would think !!Little!! Marcy has the fangs and ears, let alone the non-human skin tone she has, because her father was a demon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but was he a demon before the bomb or was him being that way also an effect of the bomb? Not very many demons running around in pre-post-apocalyptic earth.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Yes, but was he a demon before the bomb or was him being that way also an effect of the bomb? Not very many demons running around in pre-post-apocalyptic earth.
    But did the bomb also make the entire Nightosphere too for him to rule? I've always thought that young Marceline's skin, ears and fangs were because of the demonic blood. What kind of vampire turns and then gets bite marks later?
    Last edited by hobbitkniver; 2013-03-23 at 09:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

Could've. We don't know very much about the Nightosphere. We do know the bomb is responsible for a lot of the weird stuff in Ooo. Thus whenever I see a weird thing in Ooo that isn't expressly the result of something else, my first thought is the bomb.

10. - Top - End - #1330

Could've. We don't know very much about the Nightosphere. We do know the bomb is responsible for a lot of the weird stuff in Ooo. Thus whenever I see a weird thing in Ooo that isn't expressly the result of something else, my first thought is the bomb.
    To be entirely honest, I think the writers make it up as they go. I'm not sure they even thought up if the Nightosphere was there during real times or if it was created. I guess you can always say that it always existed but was never discovered.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    To be entirely honest, I think the writers make it up as they go. I'm not sure they even thought up if the Nightosphere was there during real times or if it was created. I guess you can always say that it always existed but was never discovered.
    Pretty sure we discovered it, what with it being so similar to our depictions of hell. And death just happens to look like our depictions of the grim reaper.

The existence of the crown and the enchiridion before the mushroom war prove magic was in existence prior to the mushroom war, it only stands to reason so were the other dimensions.

Edit: For the new title I want "Adventure Time! Fatherhood is Easy."
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2013-03-23 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Marceline is a half-demon vampire. one thing you neglect is that her father, who is a demon and not a vampire also has blue skin, sharp teeth and pointed ears. Because she is only half-demon she is not deathless like her father; hence why in finn the human she ended up aging during her 1000 years of life... however, in current timeline, at some point when she was a teenager/young adult, some time after the bomb went off, she was bitten and turned into a vampire granting her immortality. Its the simplest explanation.

That bomb DID change marceline's life, but in a more simple way than you think... In the finn the human timeline, Simon sacrificed himself to stop the bomb and thus instead of going out to live her life she decided to guard Simon's body and the crown to make sure no one ever used its powers; this meant she never had that fateful encounter with the vampire and thus never became the vampire queen. The bomb does not have to physically change marceline to have a HUGE impact on her life... without simon sacrificing himself, Marcy would have been able to spend a few more years with Simon until he went completely nuts; and after that she would have gone on to live her own life, which one day would have lead to having a fateful encounter with a vampire

I disagree, i think we have seen enough to say that the writers have their ideas for the world and its characters well planned out. Before it was ever even confirmed that the series took place in a post apocalyptic world, we have seen bits and pieces of it worked into the background. Most of the ice kings odd behaviors and quirks seem to be an extension of who he used to be. Really, the more we learn about the world of adventure time, the more we can look back on earlier episodes and see where it was subtly foreshadowed.

I would also say that the magical elements such as the nightosphere probably DID exist before the bomb. First their is the Ice King's crown which was discovered before the war and clearly had strong magical properties. There is also the enchiridion has great magical abilities and in "i remember you" we saw that in an old photo, before the war, that Simon had discovered the book; this lends to the idea that magic found in the book and crown PRE-DATE the mushroom war. Why should we assume that the night-o-sphere did not also exist?
    Last edited by slayerx; 2013-03-24 at 01:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There are three "Weird" things in Ooo

Magic

Technology

Mutations.

Magic appears to have existed before the Mushroom War, since you have the Crown and the Enchiridion. Plus, IIRC, the Bomb was magical.
    Technology (BMO, ect) same deal.

The Mutations were a result of the Bomb. Magic Dogs, Rainicorns, Candy People, goblins, Berry People, Ect, all the result of the Bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #1335

You know, I watched the birdman episode, and realized something.

Sometimes adventure time strains/tires me. See, it's this way.

I was watching that wholesome first part of the episode, and keep thinking, "somehow this is going to get worse, this is going to get creepy soon, come on, do it soon, what creepy thing is going to happen? How creepy it is going to be? What's the twist! Come on, do it now! better sooner than latter!"

And that strains me. Sometimes I wish there are more straight pure adventure episodes.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

16. - Top - End - #1336

A few title ideas:

Adventure Time ll-Welcome To the Nightosphere!

Adventure Time ll-The Candy Kingdom is Safe, They Said.

Adventure Time ll- A Boy And His Dog.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just watched it.

18. - Top - End - #1338

What was with the weird pink goo? Was that like primordial bubblegum or something?

19. - Top - End - #1339

What was with the weird pink goo? Was that like primordial bubblegum or something?
    It's probably Bubblegum, not yet completely formed. Alternitivly, the Candy Kingdom formed because of that creepy ooze spreading everywhere it could.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like a gooey bubblegum zombie now. In a good way.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ettin in the Playground

......My FEELS. It targeted me in the FEELS.

That was very nice. Man do I hate that crown. It took so much away from Simon.

I just hope he feels a little better now that he has friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also glad now that Fin and Jake know the whole story now Ever since the tape the've been treating him nicer but know that they know what kind of guy he was before the crown and what he means to Marcy, well is anyone hoping that they'll look for a way to help him?

Yeah Marceline has been around a long time and probably looked herself, but these guys are heroes and this is just the quest for them.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

This is certainly among the quests for them...
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1344

Well, I can't ever watch Cheers again.

This was a great episode, and it didn't quite break me but it did make me go "NOOOOOO SIMON, NOOOOO!!!"

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Banned

So can we just get a spinoff series called Simon & Marcy 'cause that may have been the best episode yet. Move over His Hero. Also, I'm convinced: Princess Bubblegum is an Eldritch Abomination. You all saw it!

26. - Top - End - #1346

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    So can we just get a spinoff series called Simon & Marcy 'cause that may have been the best episode yet. Move over His Hero. Also, I'm convinced: Princess Bubblegum is an Eldritch Abomination. You all saw it!
    But she helped them out! Can something be called an abomination if it does good?

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Banned

But she helped them out! Can something be called an abomination if it does good?
    Well, we must first define the concept of an abomination. Victor Frankenstein labeled his creation an abomination, though all it wanted was companionship a basic human need. Prejudice was cast on the beast and turned what was at heart a kind soul into a cold-hearted killer. It was robbed of everything simply because it was deformed, a crime the creature had no part in, and we judged it on purely that. Who's the real abomination here?

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    What's more: we now have evidence that she is genuinely fundamentally good. In her basic protoplasmic shape she still went out of her way to help a complete stranger with no real way of being compensated. At the very least she's not a full-time evil scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Adventure Time ll- A Boy And His Dog.
    Very appropriate given the post-apocalyptic focus of this latest one. I hope this isn't the last time we get immediate post-bomb Ooo. I think that Fallout: Adventure Time is my new favourite thing.

29. - Top - End - #1349

Quote Originally Posted by Parvum View Post
    What's more: we now have evidence that she is genuinely fundamentally good. In her basic protoplasmic shape she still went out of her way to help a complete stranger with no real way of being compensated. At the very least she's not a full-time evil scientist.
    My theory regarding Bubblegum: Sometime between Simon & Marcy and present day Ooo, a young human scientist stumbles accross bubble-ooze and, in an attempt to extend her own life, protect from radiation, preserve scientific knowledge, (etc.), develops a way to merge with the bubble-ooze.

That, or the Ooze somehow discovers PB's crown and it turns her race to half-human in the same way that IK's crown has turned his race to 'wizard'.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

That, or the Ooze somehow discovers PB's crown and it turns her race to half-human in the same way that IK's crown has turned his race to 'wizard'.
    That actually seems pretty legit given the connection that the princess crowns had to the Enchiridion. Maybe finding the book triggered all the crowns to spread out into the world Dragonball style and random mutated beings found them and all became princesses?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)