New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Banned

Default Re: What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    It was also one of the few times the show has slipped up, because I think he said he never bathed in another episode. Then again, this could be a sign that he sees that it is hard to make freinds when you smell like blood and dirt and stuff.
    Episode PB was a little girl and she made that self-cleaning potion.

Also, I don't consider it that big a mistake. Could just have been something Finn said and what he meant was he almost never bathes, or he doesn't like to bathe or something.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

The latest episode was building up my interest, unlike previous episodes that was a 2 part this one had no true actions manifest but it showed something rare in the series, the truth of the land before Ooo just like in Beautopia. I'm re-watching the episode over and over even now, in a slight shock. I see how the ice king reacts to the video of his log of who he was, it just makes me want more and in truth I now know why he does the things he does. The longing for the love of his life, his 'princess' who he lost so long ago as well as his absent mind and frustrations.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    The latest episode was building up my interest, unlike previous episodes that was a 2 part this one had no true actions manifest but it showed something rare in the series, the truth of the land before Ooo just like in Beautopia. I'm re-watching the episode over and over even now, in a slight shock. I see how the ice king reacts to the video of his log of who he was, it just makes me want more and in truth I now know why he does the things he does. The longing for the love of his life, his 'princess' who he lost so long ago as well as his absent mind and frustrations.
    Or that he used to wear glasses!

Spoiler
    Show
    But yeah, it was a good backstory. I think what makes it so compelling is that the crown drove him insane so it's his current self trying to obtain the life he used to have through the insanity. I do want to know more about that crown now. Who originally made it and where it came from? Adventure Time is crossing into Hellboy/Lovecraft territory now.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

My idea is of a comet that fell to earth carrying some older magical artifacts that where shot off the earth for being too dangerous by ancient dinosours. Then it came back and killed them all. Eventually these artifacts are unearthed and some people begin to get powers from them.

Some artifacts are more powerful then others (Some create candy realms, others grant demonhood and vampirism).

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I was given a lovecraftian vibe from it, his obsession over the crown grew and grew as time passed and when contact with it first began his mind was tainted by the crown power causing him to force Betty away as the crown began to tell him it would save him with its frost and whisper the secrets of the snow and the ice.

And yes, the crown interest me as well and makes me wonder what the other wizards of Ooo are, were they human as well or mutants native to the Land of Ooo? Lich King's lair was in a old subway tunnel filled with radioactive toxic waste , he claimed it was 'his well of power' but could it be the oldest wizards like the Lich King and Ice King were humans at some point and came in contact with the 'artifacts' that spoke to them of protecting them from the on coming cold resulting of the 'Great Mushroom War'?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    I was given a lovecraftian vibe from it, his obsession over the crown grew and grew as time passed and when contact with it first began his mind was tainted by the crown power causing him to force Betty away as the crown began to tell him it would save him with its frost and whisper the secrets of the snow and the ice.
    I got the Lovecraft vibe because he was a scientist that uncovered an ancient evil that drove him insane. I also got a LotR vibe as it was a powerful magical artifact that drove its owner insane and caused their body to become deformed.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

My guess? When the magic hit, it caused itself to break itself into physical artifacts of power. Some, like robes, where broken up to the point that nearly any wizerd can learn how to shoot fire or such.

On the other hand, things like the power of cold and such, existed only in one physical object. Combined with how long he has had it, there is no way he would not have went loco. Heck, if we look into the few things that could mach his age, we have the ruler ofheck a deamon-thing whos own child could become queen of the undead,and the unliving incarnation of hatred for life. We could even have this apply to the CO, who might just be a creature hourding wisdom for itself.
    Explanes Oos insanity, neverless.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-12-06 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

I think the ice king is the one responcible for the Ive kingdom in the first place. We can see as he gains power more and more of the place turns icy.

Anyway that was awesome.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

One thing also I should point out it showed the Ice King and Finn are closer than they thought: the Ice King was once human. As we've yet to see any other humans in Ooo (Susan it's still not clear), there's a greater connection between main protagonist and antagonist.

Also, is every penguin named Gunther? That makes me sad. Now how am I too tell which one was so evil Marceline's Dad couldn't even take his soul?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Gunther is just the closest penuin the Ice king has at the time. You never see him addressing more then one penguin at a time by name.

So we have momma gunther and Evil soul gunther.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheArsenal View Post
    Gunther is just the closest penuin the Ice king has at the time. You never see him addressing more then one penguin at a time by name.

So we have momma gunther and Evil soul gunther.
    Holly Jolly Secrets he calls two penguins - both on screen at the same time - Gunther.

Also, I liked when the Ice King addresses his snowman minions:

"Hey, why aren't you guys talking to me? Are you mad at me? Oh, right. I haven't given you life yet."

Hilarious!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

I also think it has to do with your personality before the transformation.

Marcelines dad comes off as a slimy buisnessman that would just LOVE to suck the souls out of his employees.

But the Ice king was a genuin nice person. So he just became like a child.

If Marcelines dad got the crown the ice realm would not be nearly this jolly.

13. - Top - End - #193

Marcelines dad comes off as a slimy buisnessman that would just LOVE to suck the souls out of his employees.

Let's see here:

The Ice king was a scientist.

MD was a buisnessman.

By that logic, the Lich was a lawyer.

On the other hand, if Marceline ever got her hand on the crown, we could have a episode called "The luz of the Witch Queen."
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-12-06 at 05:06 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

That is what we call a tragic villain.

Also, I like how they hinted at this was a Christmas special, but didn't go full out: the Ice King - a bearded old man with a big white beard - having to put on red, and his one snowman minion getting a red nose.

That, and I could watch this clip all day.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Or something more disturbing.

I see a man hiding his hate and disdain behind a intelectuals face....

More of a serial killer math teacher.

edit:

Its practicaly impossible to laugh at the ice king now. Hes not just pathetic. But tragic.

He cries...but he doesn't remember why.
    Last edited by TheArsenal; 2011-12-06 at 05:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Or something more disturbing.

I see a man hiding his hate and disdain behind a intelectuals face....

More of a serial killer math teacher.

edit:

Its practicaly impossible to laugh at the ice king now. Hes not just pathetic. But tragic.

He cries...but he doesn't remember why.
    Yeah, that changes the humor, except no. Have you read SoD? If so, how can you find OotS funny? You can combine serious drama and surreal, nonsensical humor.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

I cant laugh AT the ice king....well I can but I feel guilty.

18. - Top - End - #198

Well, at least you can rest easy that

Spoiler
    Show
    Simon Patrikov is finding friends, even if its at a glacial pace. Heck, what are the chances that he may just make him a "Ice princess" for himself, golem style? Or, perhapes the inevatably hot Fire Princess in the next few episodes after this?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

I cant laugh AT the ice king....well I can but I feel guilty.
    You realize Ooo is post-apocalyptic? We see remnants of our society in sunken ruins, and the cause of which whipped out so much of humanity the only known survivor is a 13 year old boy. If you're saying you can't laugh at the Ice King knowing his past now, how could have ever laughed at the show before?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

I watch it on a website, and that episode wasn't up yet. I was talking about "The New Frontier", not "Holly Jolly Secrets". I'll go watch that now.

But, yeah, New Frontier was just kind of lame IMO.

EDIT: Okay, watched Holly Jolly Secrets...

Pretty awesome. I have to agree, definitely feel a bit sorry for the Ice King now, knowing how and why he got this way. It explains his obsession with capturing princesses; he just wants his own princess back.

EDIT2: So, I felt like going back and watching What Was Missing again (mostly for PB's quote: "We locked them up, but they kept escaping. Because they're door lords. *fist in hand*"). I generally find "shipping" rather odd, but I must say that PB and Marceline would be kind of adorable as a couple.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Banned

Two things:

Fridge Brilliance: In Fionna and Cake, Fionna tells Cake to take off the Ice Queen's tiara because she might catch her crazy. The whole episode was a fanfic written by the Ice King, so that could have been a subtle attempt at his sanity trying to break through and get help.

Retcon: In one episode, the Ice King said he didn't steal his crown, he made it with magic he stole. That contradicts what happened in the recent episode.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Retcon: In one episode, the Ice King said he didn't steal his crown, he made it with magic he stole. That contradicts what happened in the recent episode.
    Well, as we saw the "real" him doesn't remember any of it, so the personality we see as the Ice King may very well believe that he made it.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

You realize Ooo is post-apocalyptic? We see remnants of our society in sunken ruins, and the cause of which whipped out so much of humanity the only known survivor is a 13 year old boy. If you're saying you can't laugh at the Ice King knowing his past now, how could have ever laughed at the show before?
    Because the way it was handled with the Ice King was very... Well... Personal. Humanizing (and not just in the literal sense). We saw just bits and pieces, but it gave a good idea of what he was like before. We saw what happened to him and after seeing that, the things he did in previous episodes are more tragic than funny.

What's the worst thing that we ever saw happen to Finn? As a baby he pooped on a leaf and fell on it.

Ooo may be post-apocalyptic, but almost everything is played for laughs or handled in an incredibly detached way. Boom-boom mountain? We laugh at the insane lengths Finn is driven to over something so minor. Ruins of a city under the ocean in the episode where he conquers his fear of the ocean? Why do we care? We don't know any of the people who would've lived there. It's scenery. Nothing more.

The Lich was an ultimate evil bent on destroying everything, but there was no tragedy there. It was an epic battle and the worst thing that came of it is that PB became younger for a couple of episodes.

24. - Top - End - #204

Hey guys, the next episode is called "Marceline's Closet".

Cue every fanboys/girls dream..
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

My reaction:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

Is PB involved?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Anybody else hope that PB goes back to being 13 again eventually? She was so adorable, and we only got to see one episode of her and Finn interacting with her at that age.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Annulus View Post
    Anybody else hope that PB goes back to being 13 again eventually? She was so adorable, and we only got to see one episode of her and Finn interacting with her at that age.
    It'd have to be a midquel taking place between Mortal Recoil and Too Young. Any other scenario would be pointless as they'd just have to turn her 18 again with Lemongrab.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

It'd have to be a midquel taking place between Mortal Recoil and Too Young. Any other scenario would be pointless as they'd just have to turn her 18 again with Lemongrab.
    Lemongrab could always have a horrible accident.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Annulus View Post
    Lemongrab could always have a horrible accident.
    He survived so spice. Killing him will be more difficult than killing Duncan MacLeod