New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

671. I may not buy epicac in any setting for any reason. Ever.
    672. I may not play a Dread Necromancer disquised as a Cleric of Wee Jas, in a party with a Cleric of Pelor who is optimized for healing and undead killing. Especially if I become his best friend.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    662. Actually I may, if my first idea was a kender.
    663. However if it was a kender gunslinger I'll be forced to eat my books, all of them.
    673. I am not allowed to play anything EXCEPT a kender.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

674. Science!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Guys! Numbers are off again! 663 was doubled. dsmiles's was 675.

Quote Originally Posted by Corw1n View Post
    671. I may not buy epicac in any setting for any reason. Ever.
    Is that like ipecac but over 20th level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Is that like ipecac but over 20th level?
    676. My rights to anything even nominally epic are officially revoked.
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, the spell check and I aren't on speaking terms right now.

Also...

677. I may not play a Tibbet
    677a. Especially a psion tibbet
    677b. that speciallizes in electricity
    677c. and is yellow....

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

678. Not allowed to play an Illumian Cancer Mage with the Aeshkrau sigel that is infected with Festering Anger.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

8. - Top - End - #398

679. I may no longer try to up-stage the BBEG by coming up with and executing a better evil plan, even if it does technically save the world from his.
    Last edited by Axinian; 2011-07-27 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

680. I cannot make a Will Save to disbelieve the Fourth Wall.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

10. - Top - End - #400
    Banned

680. I cannot make a Will Save to disbelieve the Fourth Wall.
    681. A "self-aware PC" pleasure golem, is not allowed to be played.

11. - Top - End - #401

682: "Them's fightin' words" is not an appropriate response to the bartender asking you to pay your tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    682: "Them's fightin' words" is not an appropriate response to the bartender asking you to pay your tab.
    683. Nor is a longsword to his neck. You saw the kind of money you have to spend to open a traven, he's at least a level 8 NPC.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

684: The verbal component to finger of death is NOT 'Avada Kedavra'
    684a: Nor is it the verbal component to 'Power Word Kill'
    684b: That is it! No more Harry Potter before a game session!

14. - Top - End - #404

685. There is no such creature as an "internet troll" and even if there was, Polymorphing into one does not give me superhuman annoyance powers.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Axinian View Post
    685. There is no such creature as an "internet troll" and even if there was, Polymorphing into one does not give me superhuman annoyance powers.
    685a: Or the ability to summon a horde of shadows.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

16. - Top - End - #406

SwashbucklerGuy

686. Slenderman is NOT a race.
    686a. Nor is Slenderman a class.
    686b. Slenderman can NOT be my deity.
    687. The above holds true for Pedobear as well.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    686. Slenderman is NOT a race.
    686a. Nor is Slenderman a class.
    686b. Slenderman can NOT be my deity.
    687. The above holds true for Pedobear as well.
    He'd fit right in at Call of Cthulhu though...

688. Never allowed to make puns, IC or OOC.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

689: Trying to buy the Necronomican from the High Church of Pelor will get you smited.

690: So will trying to steal it.

691: No, a unleashing a Sphere of Annihilation inside the Church the Pelor will not get you the Necronomican either.

692: Trying to use said Sphere of Annihilation on Pelor himself also will not get you the book.

693: Screw it, there is no Necronomican.

694: No, I cannot create a Dread Necromancer who invents the Necromonican.

692: I am no longer allowed to even think of the word Necronomican else I suffer many smitings with the BoED.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2011-07-27 at 11:04 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

19. - Top - End - #409
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    689: Trying to buy the Necronomican from the High Church of Pelor will get you smited.

690: So will trying to steal it.

691: No, a unleashing a Sphere of Annihilation inside the Church the Pelor will not get you the Necronomican either.

692: Trying to use said Sphere of Annihilation on Pelor himself also will not get you the book.

693: Screw it, there is no Necronomican.

694: No, I cannot create a Dread Necromancer who invents the Necromonican.

692: I am no longer allowed to even think of the word Necronomican else I suffer many smitings with the BoED.
    693: Beer is not considered "An exalted drink" regardless how alcohol is used in religion in the real world.

20. - Top - End - #410

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    693: Beer is not considered "An exalted drink" regardless how alcohol is used in religion in the real world.
    694. Dwarven holy water is NOT mead.
    694a. Nor is it beer, ale, stout, or any sort of liquor.
    694b. Just because I left wine off that list does NOT mean that wine is dwarven holy water (when was the last time you heard of a dwarf drinking wine?)
    694c. Wine is NOT Elven holy water either.

EDIT: 694 Exemption. Ignore rule 694 if your character is named Bruenor Battlehammer.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-07-28 at 12:23 AM.

*It does.*

What.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

694b. Just because I left wine off that list does NOT mean that wine is dwarven holy water (when was the last time you heard of a dwarf drinking wine?)
    694d. "Used" alcohol is also not dwarven holy water, no matter how "purified" it is.
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

22. - Top - End - #412
    Firbolg in the Playground

EDIT: 694 Exemption. Ignore rule 694 if your character is named Bruenor Battlehammer.
    694e: Magma, however, does fit most definitions of dwarven holy water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

695. Dropping my pants does not give me a bonus to Intimidate checks.
    695a. No, the natural 20 does not imply anything, size-related or otherwise.
    695b. A natural 1, however, implies all the jokes earned as a result. Even if the campaign doesn't have skill checks auto-fail on a 1.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

696 I may not decide that Fireball is a viable alternative to the Knock spell for opening doors. Or to doorknobs, for that matter.
    697 I may not decide Dominate Person is a viable alternative to a trap-finding character.
    698 I may not decide a combination of Fireball and Dominate Person is a viable alternative to a Rogue.
    699 When I inevitably ignore the above rules, I may not "forget" that the rogue is stood in front of the door I'm opening. They will (probably) survive and be somewhat upset with me. Goddamn Evasion.
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2011-07-28 at 08:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurin View Post
    696 I may not decide that Fireball is a viable alternative to the Knock spell for opening doors. Or to doorknobs, for that matter.
    Of course not, everyone knows Earth Reaver is the Knock alternative, Fireball is to counter Darkness silly. :p

700. Correction, Fireball is only good to counter Darkness once. A more traditional method is required after that.

701. I may not use Fireball to remove natural cover such as bushes, tall grass or patches of forest. It upsets the druid.

702. Especially if I only think I heard something move in them.

703. Goes double if the scout says I'm imagining things.

704. Speaking of druids, I may not use Animate Dead in front of her either. No matter how good of a meatshield/mount that giant, multi-legged corpse would make. It upsets her.

705. I should not be surprised if the druid finally gets fed up with my disregard for nature and the natural order and mauls me.

706. I may not forget that druids are far more terrifying than wizards up close and personal.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Halfling in the Playground

Not sure if this was already posted, but here goes

707. I am not allowed to play a warforged with an absurd amount of INT-boosting items and feats, then pump knowledge skills to know almost everything.
    707a. Said warforged is NOT named Data
    Last edited by LrdoftheRngs; 2011-07-28 at 01:27 PM.
    Awesome Lizardfolk Shaman Avatar by KillItWithFire

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Mine began with one character actively seeking out the other characters in a large town.

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Reaver- Please PEACH

27. - Top - End - #417
    Banned

BlackDragon

708: "I eat it" is not the appropriate response to every problem you come across.

708a: Nor is "I sit on it"

708b: That's it, you don't get to play a dragon anymore.

708c: You don't get to play a Nimmy either.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Pixie in the Playground

708c. Nor is "I'm gunna hump it."

709. You Got The Touch by Stan Bush does not give the Paladin a moral bonus to Lay on Hands.

710. Nor am I allowed to sing When I Think About You I Touch Myself with my paladin while using Lay On Hands to heal myself.

711. In a zombie campiagn it is not acceptable for the entire group to play The Zombie Game (ie. Vegetarian Zombie Graaaains, Conductor Zombie Traaaains, etc.)

712. Just because I play a rogue/ranger with VoP and the flaw cleptomanic does not make me Robin Hood.

713. I will control myself and not take VoP and try to obtain the Saint template. Thats just wrong.

714. As an artificer my solution to everything cannot be "Science"

714a. Nor can my excuse for anything I do be "For Science!"

714b. Nor should I view every other party memeber as "Potential Test Subjects."

715. I should probably not be allowed to play an artificer ever again.
    Last edited by DJ_Lycos; 2011-07-29 at 01:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    Of course not, everyone knows Earth Reaver is the Knock alternative, Fireball is to counter Darkness silly. :p
    I thought you used Magic Missile on the darkness...

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

716. I may not attempt to resolve all problems through a drinking contest, then use Iron Heart Surge to rid myself of intoxication if I start losing.
    716a. I may not challenge anyone to a drinking contest as a Warforged, Warblade or otherwise, period.

(As a DM, personally, I would totally allow both of those.)