New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Archer View Post
    Did they at least have ketchup?
    Does dragon blood count?

52. Mark of justice is to be used for punishing criminals and restricting the actions of captured villains. Not making slaves.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Is this actually a problem? Barring ridiculousness like the Jumplomancer, is being able to not fall down really all that game-breaking?
    Have you ever tried to actually hurt someone who can take 10 on tumble and pass DC 60 checks? Jump isn't so bad, but tumble gets.... fun. :D

* I am no longer allowed to use Fell Drain on Magic Missile.

* I am no longer allowed to use Fell Drain on Force Missile either for that matter.

* I am no longer allowed to use Fell Drain at all.

* I am no longer allowed to use level 1 spells against great wyrm red dragons. Especially with metamagic feats stacked high.

* I am no longer allowed to cast Fireballs in "his general direction" in the middle of a forest when an enemy is fleeing.

* Fireball is not a viable option for removing natural cover.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

59. "More minions" is not the solution to every problem. Even if they seem to be able to solve everything.

61. I may not have an Advanced Half-Dragon Vampiric Fiendish Lich Dire Narwhal as my animal companion.

62. I may not use Stoneskin and Tenser's Transformation to show up our fighter. It would make him sad.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

63. I may not consult with the NPC's mother in order to find out the solution to all the dungeon's puzzles.

64. I may not put itching powder in the paladin's armor while she's asleep

65. I may not bury the paladins' armor while she's asleep

66. I may not use prestidigitation to soil the paladin's armor at any time.

67. I may not...okay look, it's not my fault if the paladin takes off her armor every night and has no ranks in sense motive.

edit: changed the numbers to match because I got ninjaed.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2011-07-12 at 02:58 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

68. I may not makes jokes involving the paladin's immunity to disease

Edit: Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    edit: changed the numbers to match because I got swordsage'd.
    Last edited by Welknair; 2011-07-12 at 03:07 PM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Does dragon blood count?
    Not as ketchup, but I'm betting it'd make a great hot sauce.

69: Not allowed to call our indentured followers redshirts, mooks, or cannon fodder, even if their only purpose is to serve a ablative armor until the PCs can batter down the enemy's defenses.

70: Not allowed to shoot the Sidereal Exalted when the scene being described is unknown to our characters, taking place in the past, and on a different plane of existence.
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

71. No matter how smug, obfustacing, and condescending the intelligent major artifact is, it is inadvisable to pretend to wipe my butt with it. Even if it lacks the power to kill me, directly or indirectly, it is still aware of its surroundings and will carry a grudge.
    In the end, it deliberately chose not save me from certain death the next time I was in peril, so that character died. Totally worth it, though.
    Last edited by Notreallyhere77; 2011-07-12 at 04:53 PM.
    Blog for my latest (and hopefully last) campaign world: Thargothras!

Some less overused ways for your PCs to meet

Best compliments yet received:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Damn, you're good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Nice McNinja reference; you have earned 1 internet!
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    You get an internet. Or three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    That's some damn fine work, notreallyhere.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

expanding upon #32....

70. I may not persuade a bunch of wizards under my command to make an airship in a medieval setting

71. I may not persuade a bunch of wizards under my command to make an airship then a bunch of bombs to put on it in a medieval setting.

72. I may not then, fly the airship over the enemy's camp, drop the only two bombs made, then throw the fighter out the window. in a medieval setting.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

73. As a Drunken Master, I may not wield my halfling teammate.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

70: Not allowed to shoot the Sidereal Exalted when the scene being described is unknown to our characters, taking place in the past, and on a different plane of existence.
    You mean you DON'T have a Charm that can do that?

Wimp.

Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

74. When asked what my idea to defeating the BBEG is I can no longer answer with "Wake up Tharizdun".

edit: On that note

75. When facing a cult which aims to summon a demon to this realm I can no longer choose to beat them to it as my solution.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2011-07-12 at 03:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

76. I can't write "Batman" as my alignment.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

We're actually two numbers behind:
    Not as ketchup, but I'm betting it'd make a great hot sauce.

69: Not allowed to call our indentured followers redshirts, mooks, or cannon fodder, even if their only purpose is to serve a ablative armor until the PCs can batter down the enemy's defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Notreallyhere77 View Post
    69. No matter how smug, obfustacing, and condescending the intelligent major artifact is, it is inadvisable to pretend to wipe my butt with it. Even if it lacks the power to kill me, directly or indirectly, it is still aware of its surroundings and will carry a grudge.
    In the end, it deliberately chose not save me from certain death the next time I was in peril, so that character died. Totally worth it, though.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

14. - Top - End - #44

SwashbucklerGuy

79. When playing as a mummy who is disguised with a hat of disguise, informing the other party members is a MUST.

80. Not allowed to get angry when the party starts attacking said mummy in the middle of battle, just because he removed his hat of disguise and paralyzed half the party and 2 of the dire sharks we were fighting.

81. Jumping into the water when your swim speed is 2.5 feet (due to being a mummy and being slowed) is NOT a good idea.

EDIT: Fixed numbering
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-07-12 at 04:07 PM.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

15. - Top - End - #45

82. I may not use my companion ape to grapple and pin the big bad spellcaster while we bludgeon him to death before he's ready for a fight.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    81. Jumping into the water when your swim speed is 2.5 feet (due to being a mummy and being slowed) is NOT a good idea.
    But you're a mummy! You don't need to breathe! And water protects you from those terrible fire effects you hate so much!

Also: Fixed my numbering, too.
    Last edited by Notreallyhere77; 2011-07-12 at 04:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Damn, you're good.

17. - Top - End - #47

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Notreallyhere77 View Post
    But you're a mummy! You don't need to breathe! And water protects you from those terrible fire effects you hate so much!

Also: Fixed my numbering, too.
    Yeah, but when you've got Dire Sharks with 120' swim speed who are no longer paralyzed below you and angry party members in the boat above you...
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, but when you've got Dire Sharks with 120' swim speed who are no longer paralyzed below you and angry party members in the boat above you...
    Who shouldn't willingly attack you anyway due to being animals and you being obviously undead to them...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-07-12 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Oh. Right. Bad idea in context.
    Last edited by Notreallyhere77; 2011-07-12 at 05:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Damn, you're good.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

83. I am not allowed to kill an Iron Colossus in one round by hitting it 11 times in a row with Avalanche of Blades. While at the center of an antimagic field, of course.

84. I am not allowed to question why my weasel familiar (named Captain Morgan) always smells of alcohol, nor question why I can never find him when I need him to do something.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

85. When encountering a door, my first answer shouldn't always be a Pick/Ax

86. Even if the door is trapped in such a way that our rogue can't disarm it.
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

87. Mythic Strength is not an excuse to bust through every single wall that gets in my way. Doors are there for a reason.

23. - Top - End - #53

SwashbucklerGuy

88. Just because I killed a bad guy when I kicked down a door doesn't mean I need to kick down EVERY DOOR I SEE.

*It does.*

What.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

89: I am not allowed to introduce our DM to stinking cloud.
    90: I am not allowed to reset every trap (and set new ones) in the dungeon while my party is in it and leave because they stole an item that had magically enchanted my character to "desire it above all else."
    I think I just had an evilgasm!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

91. I may not Gate in a Green Sun Prince. Not even if it has stats.
    92.Not even when playing epic.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2011-07-12 at 10:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

93. Zombify a nun and all the priests and direct them to build my own church. Even if the assassin already killed some of them.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

94. My half-orc barbarian may not dress up in top hat, monocle and tails. Even if it suits him.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

95. I may not use cee-fractional strikes to eliminate the Necron base on the planet I'm trying to save.
    96. I may not use kinetic strikes on said Necron base either.
    97. In fact, I may not use any sort of orbital strike except for the weapons on our starship.
    98. And no, I may not place engines underneath the powerful force field surrounding the Necron base and launch it into the local sun.

Cracking the planetary crust isn't that bad a thing, right?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

99. I may no longer make bards who's specialty is stand up comedy and rimshot jokes. Regardless of whether or not I bring my own jokes to each session.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

94. My half-orc barbarian may not dress up in top hat, monocle and tails. Even if it suits him.
    If that's wrong, then NOTHING is right!

100. Not allowed to make a character whose to-hit chance is "YES".
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).