New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpunch View Post
    I didn't take it insultingy just a bit more nackground. At the time (with the dragonborn) we were playing essentials only because we were all new to D&D and my player brought in like a bajillion homebrew rules, which leads me to:

1073: I will not complain about the DM deciding against unbalance homebrew rules.
    1073a: even if it is a jetpack.

edited for numbers
    Ah, it's 4E. I should really get around to taking a look at 4E at some point, but right now I've just bought several 2E books, so learning that system comes first.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Ah, it's 4E. I should really get around to taking a look at 4E at some point, but right now I've just bought several 2E books, so learning that system comes first.
    4e is fun, but the RP aspect seems downplayed, in fact I am looking for a fantasy system with high RP.
    Bearpunch Gunsmoke
    Dungeoning Dragons. All day. Every day.
    Thanks so much to Eruantion for my awesome Gith Monk avatar!

3. - Top - End - #603

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpunch View Post
    4e is fun, but the RP aspect seems downplayed, in fact I am looking for a fantasy system with high RP.
    Hm. Have you tried D6 Fantasy? It looks to be rather high RP and very friendly with regards to crafting what you need for a character.1 As an added benefit, the whole system, with the exception of settings, was put into OGL, shortly before the company went under.

1They've got a chapter on how to create spells, followed by a chapter of pre-calculated spells. They give a system for crafting races and creatures, and then they use that system to give you dwarves, elves, gnomes, and reptile folk.

4. - Top - End - #604

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    By RAW, activating them by Arcane Eye would still hurt the reader, no matter how far away they are. This means that if you wrote the runes on the Moon, and used magic or something so you could see them, the explosion would reach across the void and hit you for 6d6 force damage. It would not go abnormally far in any other direction, or hurt anyone in that long path.

Also, anyone else with extreme Spot who did not, in fact, read them, but could if they looked the right way, would also be hurt, as anyone close enough to read gets the same damage, no save.
    You could make the argument that, if you can use magical sensors to read the Runes, anyone who can cast Scrying is technically close enough to read the Runes. Regardless of where they are on any plane of existence.

And technically anyone could potentially cast Scrying. They'd just have to take a few levels in Wizard first, and put a few stat-bumps into INT. (And maybe get Awakened first if they're an animal/an undead/a construct. After getting animated first, if they're already dead and/or an object. But the point is that they could cast the spell.)

To technically speaking, Explosive Rune should hit everything, everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    Or, you know, have all the squirrels read the runes off each other at the same time. You are more or less controlling them. Just have them ring the town and watch the fireworks.
    You'd have to teach the squirrels to read first...
    If a tree falls in the forest and the PCs aren't around to hear it... what do I roll to see how loud it is?

Is 3.5 a fried-egg, chili-chutney sandwich?

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hewhosaysfish View Post
    *snip*
    You'd have to teach the squirrels to read first...
    But that is possible with if you Awaken them, I believe. So, in theory, that could be could be done.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    But that is possible with if you Awaken them, I believe. So, in theory, that could be could be done.
    Awakening squirrels just to use them as suicide bombers seems so very, very mean.
    Zombie for Hire
    from roleplaying to theatre to "get the hell off my lawn"
    zombie4hire.wordpress.com

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

No one said he was a nice druid.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Archer View Post
    Awakening squirrels just to use them as suicide bombers seems so very, very mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    No one said he was a nice druid.
    Well druids don't have to be good aligned. There can be evil druids, and then theres always Blighters who'd actually delight in doing something like that.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #609
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

1074. Clerics of Atheism do not get Antimagic Field as a 1st level spell.
    1075. Nor are their attacks treated as Vorpal against deities.
    1076. Especially Tiamat.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

1077: Not allowed to play a kobold.
    1078: If the GM says he wants the most optimized character possible, I am to under no circumstances play the most optimized character possible.
    1079: If the GM says I can use any book to make the most optimized character possible, I should under no circumstance pull out unearthed arcana.
    1079a: I should under no circumstances use the gestalt rules from unearthed arcana to make a character.
    1080: Killing bosses before anyone else acts is in bad taste.
    1080a: Especially if I broke 1077-1079.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2011-09-07 at 09:08 PM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #611
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

1081: I am not allow to "Show my dominance" to a wounded/dying henchman.

Story kinda graphic-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guy I played with at Dragon*con decided that the henchman we had just beat up, healed of his psychosis, and questioned for information needed to be taught more of a lesson. So he undid his pants and "Showed him who's the bigger man is."

Not the best memory for my second game. Much less the fact I was recording the game for a radio segment.

12. - Top - End - #612

1082: A single cleric should not out-perform the party fighter, barbarian, and rogue in melee combat. It makes the mundies sad.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    1082: A single cleric should not out-perform the party fighter, barbarian, and rogue in melee combat. It makes the mundies sad.
    1082a. Doing it with a druid wildshaped into a housecat is just adding insult to injury.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

14. - Top - End - #614
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

1083a i may not make a character with no prefered sexual orientation and who will do anything to get ahead in life
    1083b i may not have said character have sex with everyone to get onto their good side, then kill them all because he is evil chaotic

1084 no matter how planned or strategic we get, my group of PC's aren't aloud to take over the religious capital of the camppaign at level one.
    1084b especialy not so if some of them are clerics

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drazik View Post
    1083a i may not make a character with no prefered sexual orientation and who will do anything to get ahead in life
    1083b i may not have said character have sex with everyone to get onto their good side, then kill them all because he is evil chaotic
    1083 c:Succubi are exempt from this rule.

1085: I may not play a succubus.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

1086: "Unfunfunf" is not a reasonable name for my character.

1086a: Especially if the character is a Kobold.

1086b: Not allowed anything on the character sheet that would be considered NSFW, especially if gaming in public.

1086b.1: Especially especially not if listed under "Alignment".

17. - Top - End - #617

1087: "Suddenly fire" is not a strategy which we should expect to work more than once.

1087b: Even if it is the fallback position for the majority of PCs.

18. - Top - End - #618

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    1076. Especially Tiamat.
    But she's got heads to spare!
    If a tree falls in the forest and the PCs aren't around to hear it... what do I roll to see how loud it is?

Is 3.5 a fried-egg, chili-chutney sandwich?

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

1088: If my character gets time-stopping powers, she may not use such a power during a fight with the BBEG for the sole purpose of writing "[name] was here" or such on his butt.
    1088b: I may not argue it is essential to raising the rest of the party's morale.
    1088c: No, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    1088: If my character gets time-stopping powers, she may not use such a power during a fight with the BBEG for the sole purpose of writing "[name] was here" or such on his butt.
    1088b: I may not argue it is essential to raising the rest of the party's morale.
    1088c: No, really.
    1088d. I may not shout "The World" when using my time-stopping powers.
    1088d(ii). Don't even think about saying "Za Warudo" either.
    1089d(iii). Variations like "Il Mondo" and "Die Welt" are also similarly prohibited.
    1088e. I am to be reminded that throwing Knives, the use of the Cloud of Knives spell, and other similar effects are also illegal under RAW.
    1088f. While arranging for a steamroller heavy object to fall on my target is technically legal, I am not allowed to do so.
    1088g. Any use of Animate Siege Weapon is also prohibited.
    1088h. The use of Delayed Blast Fireballs is permissible, but I am barred from calling them 'pipebombs'.
    1088i. Cries of "WRYYYYY" or "HomuHomu" will result in my character's immediate death and my subsequent expulsion from the game.
    Last edited by NNescio; 2011-09-11 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    GitP: The only place where D&D and Cantorian Set Theory combine. Also a place of madness, and small fairy cakes.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NNescio View Post
    1088i. Cries of "WRYYYYY" or "HomuHomu" will result in my character's immediate death and my subsequent expulsion from the game.
    But what if someone just asked you what your favorite type of bread is?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

1089. I may not use compulsion effects to force the Werewolf pack to dance to Thriller.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Osagasu View Post
    1089. I may not use compulsion effects to force the Werewolf pack to dance to Thriller.
    1089a: That goes double for zombies or other undead..
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

24. - Top - End - #624

1090: Create Broadway Musical is not an Epic Bardic music use. Even if it totally should be.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    1090: Create Broadway Musical is not an Epic Bardic music use. Even if it totally should be.
    1091: Create High School Musical however, is an epic bardic music use. Causes a higher level of insanity in all who hear it than a call of cthulu game.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

26. - Top - End - #626

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    1091: Create High School Musical however, is an epic bardic music use. Causes a higher level of insanity in all who hear it than a call of cthulu game.
    Oh god. don't even joke about that. Some things were not meant for humanity to know...

27. - Top - End - #627
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

cool Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

1092: I may not play a 5th level kobold commoner with straight 8 ability scores and no special features named nuP-nuP.
    1092a: Even if someone already tried Pun-Pun so it's really ironic.
    1093: My character is not allowed to use Time Duplicate because he/she doesn't care enough about what's going on to take part in it. If it's the theme of the campaign, it might just be important.
    1094: Making terrible puns does not increase my combat prowess.
    1094a: Unless I am playing a dashing swordsman.
    1095: I am not allowed to play a dashing swordsman.
    1096: If I play an epic bard that uses ritual casting to cast epic level spells (by taking improved spell capacity 3 times) I am not allowed to have the casting of the spell be a symphony of lower-level bards (See: Leadership) playing Beethoven's 5th symphony with me as conductor.
    1096a: Unless it is in a situation that makes it really, really cool.
    1096b: The same rule applies to John Stump's Death Waltz.
    1096c: However, If I can make the perform check, I am allowed to solo 1096b.
    He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Friedrich Nietziche

28. - Top - End - #628

1097: If i create a character which benefits from taking fire damage, I am not allowed to set everything on fire.

1097b: Even if, with the right spells, I can make anything burn...

29. - Top - End - #629
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

This actually happened just a few hours ago in a d20 Modern/Apocalypse campaign that I'm in. My friend actually did this to ME. Also note we were the only two people in the campaign.

1098. Even if I don't care about what's on there, I will not take out my cleaver and chop up the only working computer in an obviously spooky building laden with Slenderman-esque symbols and horror while the other team member is sitting down in front of it trying to figure out what's going on, for spare parts.
    Last edited by ShippoWildheart; 2011-09-15 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    Cheese isn't quite the same as overpowered.

Cheese is using rules in ways that, if you went back in time and told the author of the rule about them, he would rephrase to stop you.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    1074. Clerics of Atheism do not get Antimagic Field as a 1st level spell.
    1076. Especially Tiamat.

That reminds me of that one atheist character... he was a gnome and used a Quickrazor. His name was Occam.
    Resident Vancian Apologist