New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,489 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I Think We Need a Sonic Says Right About Now

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: My Favored Enemy is the Dramatic Tension
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero.

(AKA entry #2129)
    This one's my favourite. The reflex save one is runner-up.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: My Favored Enemy is the Dramatic Tension
    I really like this one.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan583 View Post
    I really like this one.
    Maybe "Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: Dramatic Tension Is Not The Enemy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Ones that came up this weekend:
    2129 I will not point out that between the female PC's and the established NPCs, we now have the Tsundere, Ms Popular, and Bad Girl with daddy issues. All I need is affectionate staff girl and a bubbly genius and I'm in a harem series.
    2130 I will not point out the likelihood of finding the last two in the main plot of helping the nature lovers "heal" the demon scared lands using some crazy magical something or the other.
    2131 Even though it IS the legal punishment for murder where we found her, I am not allowed to sell the Bad Girl Bandit Princess into slavery, nor keep her as my own slave. After all I have the rest of the party to think of.
    2132 I am not allowed to seduce the Bad Girl to the side of good just to turn the campaign into a harem series.
    2133 After seducing the Bad Girl to the forces of good I am not allowed to refer to her as "Vagette" or "Yomchina". Even though she was a bandit.
    Alot is not a word. It's a lot, two words.
    Always use the proper tool. If the proper tool isn't available, try a hammer.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Barbarian in the Playground

2134. I may not give my drunken irish rogue "Phobia: Children" and "Adventuring Goal: Eliminate children and the means of their creation from the game world."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Bugbear in the Playground

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: I may not Iron Heart Surge Gravity.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: The Campaign Journal Looks Like Something Out of "Se7en"

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: And That's Terrible

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: Why Do You Hate Fun?

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I Used to GM, Then I Took an Arrow to the Knee
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: It's okay Steve, we got rid of him. You can come out of your room now. Steve?

It's a bit long, but it is the logical conclusion of what would happen if you did these kinds of things to the DM.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-01-11 at 02:09 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Pixie in the Playground

Not me, but somebody else I know:

Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I will not refuse short rests as a dark pact warlock to stack my darkspiral aura for the damage bonus it grants when channeled through a darkspiral rod
    Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I will not stack my darkspiral aura so high over the course of the day that I take the final boss from not quite bloodied to dead in one round of granted attacks
    Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I will not deal damage comparable to our optimized two-blade ranger's Jaws of the Wolf with Eldritch Blast
    Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I will not make the ranger player cry again
    Things I May No Longer Do While Gaming III: I can't make an Eldritch Blast that takes the mage into the negative double digits non-lethal

Was at somewhere close to 30 aura at the end of that series of encounters, giving him an additional +30 bonus to damage rolls, on top of a bunch of damage bonuses from the leaders.

After that, DM ruled that darkspiral aura reset at the end of every encounter, rest or no rest.
    Last edited by Rotho; 2012-01-11 at 06:46 PM.
    It's all fun and games until you out-damage the optimized ranger with an RBA. Then it's broken.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Maybe "Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: Dramatic Tension Is Not The Enemy"
    I must confess, this may be my favorite thus far.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: It's okay Steve, we got rid of him. You can come out of your room now. Steve?

It's a bit long, but it is the logical conclusion of what would happen if you did these kinds of things to the DM.
    OK this is my new second favorite

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: It's okay Steve, we'll stop now
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Things I may no Longer Do While Gaming III: "Hey! You got Pony in my D&D!" "Hey! You got D&D in my Pony!"

I had to.
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Things I may no Longer Do While Gaming III: I used to be a PC, then I took a DMG to the face.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Good suggestions, everyone, and congratulations RandomLunatic. Here's the new thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...php?p=12522749
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I think the DM failed his sanity check.

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: 8 billion people, and STILL not enough facepalms.

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: Artificer's are NOT low magic!

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I see grass of green, and men in white... (A cookie to anyone who figures this one out)
    What a wonderful world!

EDIT: I see someone else got it first. Oh well, still I provided a link to the actual song.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Accidentally starting a riot after feeling sorry for a bunch of beggars and tossing handfulls of gold in the street.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    Hey blackestofmages watch your numbering you screwed some people up

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.
    what if the god asked the paladin to kill him and the paladin, being lawful good and thus beleiving that the good aligned god's plan will help the world.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BeardFaceChuck View Post
    Accidentally starting a riot after feeling sorry for a bunch of beggars and tossing handfulls of gold in the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibrarianHuntar View Post
    what if the god asked the paladin to kill him and the paladin, being lawful good and thus beleiving that the good aligned god's plan will help the world.
    *AHEM* The new-ish thread.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.