west and sixty miles south of Olegís Trading Post. The carrier of
    this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful
    behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry
    remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this
    24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov
    and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of
    the Dragonscale Throne

Moonday, 28th of Calistril, 4710

The cold weather encountered in Restov is slowly warming up as you travel west and south toward the Greenbelt region of The Stolen Lands. These aptly-named lands have long eluded the grasp of Brevoy, Tador, and the River Kingdoms, leaving quite a daunting task ahead of you. Before the wild Greenbelt can be claimed and colonized, it must be thoroughly explored and have the threats of banditry and savage barbarianism dealt with.

Your first stop will be Oleg's Trading Post, a re-purposed fort located at the southern edge of Rostalnd. This trading post should prove valuable on your expedition to the unexplored south, allowing you to re-supply and rest as needed - assuming you have the gold.

At the edge of your vision, you can see the faint outline of the post, at the furthest point of South Rostland Road. It looks like your journey is about to begin.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are currently in hex B5
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-01-22 at 11:54 PM.

DMs get experience too, you know. Every time a player dies, they level up.

2. Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker ~ The Stolen Lands

Gothos looks around cautiously grunting approvingly at the ominous clouds and wild looking territory ahead. Surely Gorum's favoured son will have many foes to test his mettle on in the coming days.

Hefting his battleaxe in his hand (one can never be too careful) and adjusting his pack on his shoulder so that it stopped banging on the shield he scratched idley at the greying skin under his neck, not noticing the finger strips of flesh peeling onto the grass- he'd been living with the Wasting long enough to know when it was serious.

He look around at his "new companions", particularly the tall human one with the fancy sword. That one would be worthy competition when it came to the clash of blades. Perhaps he could be convinced that Gorum and Way of Iron was the way forward.

Before the weather worsens shall we get to the trading post? I've not travelled in these lands, do any of you know much of this Oleg?

3. Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caur would gaze at the half-orc's towering body before giving an uneasy shrug to him, in order to imply he does not have much to say about the matter. After getting the ball off himself, he'd quickly eye his peers while scratching the back of his head because of habit, hoping they have more to say than himself.

4. Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lanius, no stranger to the woods, suggests that the trading post would be a good jumping-off point for their expeditions into the wilds. "Obviously the proprietor of a trading post in the woods would have useful items, a good knowledge of the surrounding terrain, and probably the best knowledge of the natives that any non-native would have. He would probably know a good place to start. Shall we go in?" He finishes, starting to move in that direction.
    Last edited by Omeganaut; 2011-07-12 at 01:34 PM.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

5. Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately, I have not met Master Oleg, so I cannot answer your query, Master Gothos replies the paladin in a formal yet utilitarian tone. In the short time that you have spent with him, the paladin has always kept all formalities when addressing any of you or referring to anyone else. But I do agree with you and Master Metsavend that the Trading Post should be our first destination

The young man looks as if had come out of a bardís story: Dressed in steel from head to toe, Caelon wears an azure cape across his shoulders. When examining his defenses, you can see that his armor is bright, but not shiny, showing careful maintenance but disinterest in vanities. In his left arm, he carries a steel shield with the image of a bow and arrow pointing downwards, marking him as a faithful of Erastil.

But the paladin is not only well armored, but also well armed. On his side, you can see that he carries a blade in an unassuming but well maintained scabbard. Someone well versed in weaponry (such as Gothos) can realize that the scabbard is meant more to conceal the weaponís true form more than to protect the blade from the elements

As he follows the elf and his other companions, the paladin prays silently to his god
    Erastil, give me courage to right what is wrong;
    give me wisdom to know how I can help my community;
    give me strength to share the Burden
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-07-12 at 01:37 PM.

6. Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

As you say Master Caelon the towering Orc replies mirroring the human's formality. Let us hope that the men of this land do not share the Ulfens' or the Kellids' hostility to my kind. It was a long and bloody crossing of Numeria...

Partially muttering to himself he shambles off after the others, a slightly ape-like lumbering gait inherited from his mother. In stark contrast to the gleaming Caelon the scale mail is battered, rusted at the edges and mudsmeared, the battle axe in his fist is notched from use, a match for the greataxe slung on his back. The shield is plain, unadorned save for old dents, scratches and traces of someone else's blood.

Gothos casts one last look at the nearby hills before muttering to himself with a cruelly toothed smirk The charter said hanging or the sword, I'd best get some rope...

7. Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caur would stay silent for the most of the part; gazing more at his weasel than his companions after having eyed them. His familiar would usually give the party an odd stare, as if judging them in its tiny heart, from Caur's shoulder on which it stands. Caur, while taking a few steps forth to have a better vision of what is ahead, seems stare at the ground rather than at people or what may be infront of himself, and his weasel companion ensures its safety by tugging onto his black cloak.
    Last edited by Baxxie; 2011-07-12 at 04:32 PM.

8. Top - End - #8

Despite being the youngest member of the expedition (by all of four years at that), the noble girl from the mountains had been remarkably mature. Sometimes irritatingly so - the sort of maturity that has a tendency of coming off as simply... well, trying too hard. Since the group had formed, she'd insisted on a rigorous watch schedule, even on stretches of road that hadn't seen bandits in years. And while she would often take the responsibility of the grueling middle watches, it was hard to tell whether it was because she was being selfless or because she didn't trust anyone else to not doze off. And should she wake up find that the current watch sleeping, said offender could likely expect a fist to the face, and an indignant speech whose comedic value was largely a factor of how awake the respective parties were at that moment.

And while she was hardly what anyone would call mute, most of the girl's 'conversation' consisted of generally pushing people around in some manner - usually because said person is doing something 'wrong'. Like cooking the meat improperly. Or pitching a tent sloppily. Or invading her personal space. Or taking too long to pack up camp. Or not taking proper care of equipment. Or some other thing that mildly annoyed her at that moment.

Though she claims that she is seventeen, her appearance might lead one to quietly (or if one is unwise, loudly) question the truthfulness of that claim. Neila is small in stature, and remarkably slight in build considering her not-insignificant physical strength. Worse, her large, red-brown eyes, pale skin, and rather soft features give her a girlish look that would be better described as 'cute' than 'beautiful' (her tendency to tie her short mop of hair back in pigtails for convenience doesn't help the issue either). Anyone to comment on it will quickly find that her childish appearance is a sore spot with Neila, who struggles so hard to be taken seriously - and one of the quickest ways to earn her ire.

Despite the warming weather, Neila's outfit remains quite heavy. Dressed from neck to toes in loose, layered fabric of blacks, grays and silvers, with a thick slate-hued cloak wrapped around her shoulders, she didn't really seem to have left behind the dress sense of her mountain home. And even when heading to sleep or a meal, she is never seen without her exquisite elbow-length black gloves on her hands.

The rest of Neila's equipment was simple in design, but well-made, and obviously fitted especially for her. The angles and heavier-than-usual metal and craftsmanship spoke of dwarven aesthetic, as did her rather peculiar weapon - a stout, compound shortbow that seemed to have as much metal as wood in its design. Those able to read dwarven would find the runes etched along its surface to speak of well-wishes and good fortune in battle. And perhaps proving the old saying that a noble never really leaves their home behind, Neila refused to let the fact that they were in the middle of the gods-forsaken wilderness keep her from bathing regularly and always pitching her tent, no matter how late they made camp... though actually drawing a circle in the dirt around it and threatening grievous bodily harm to anyone violating it was probably a little excessive.

As the group approaches the designated trading post, the serious young woman could be found splitting attention between the fort ahead and re-reading the group's charter (something she had insisted - quite firmly - on hanging onto personally) for the umpteenth time.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

9. Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

As you make your way closer to the trading post, you can see that it looks at least decades old, with sections of the 10-foot high palisade in complete disrepair. A 20-foot high watchtower is present on all four corners of the building, each complete with a broken catapault resting on the top. Despite the weathered appearance of the fort, it appears perfectly suitable for business, with the gate wide open and a sign directly above it that says "Oleg's Trading Post" in careful handwriting.

A petite middle-aged woman stands in front of the gate, and smiles widely as you approach, her hands open in front of her as a welcoming gesture. In a genial tone, she greets you:

"Welcome, welcome to Oleg's! My name is Svetlana, the wife of Oleg himself. You must be that charter group I was told is coming, yes? I simply cannot thank you enough for coming here to help us with our bandit problems. Oh! But here I am chatting away, while you're out here with tired bodies and hungry bellies. Come in, and I'll get some food ready right away for you!"

Svetlana happily turns around, and points to a table in the open-air market yard. She then heads over to a nearby fire pit with a bowl of stew suspended above it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Though you have heard of bandit issues in the Greenbelt, you are not specifically here to help Oleg and Svetlana's bandit issues, a fact that Svetlana does not seem to know.

10. Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelon waits patiently for the hostess to return with the food. When she does, the paladin adresses her in a clear and honest tone

Milady, I must be frank with you: I was not aware that you were suffering from bandit attacks, for we were sent here primarily for exploration.
    But, it would be an honor to lend my strength to such a worthy cause as liberating you and your husband from these bandits.
    The paladin looks around to the other members of the party before addressing Svetlana again I will not speak for my companions, for it is their decision to make. But I promise to do everything I can to put and end to protect you and put an end to your hardship

Caelon's voice then turns to ice, and in a calculating tone he asks Milady, could you tell me more about these bandits? How many are they and how often do they come to steal from you?

11. Top - End - #11

Lanius is taken aback at her hospitality, something he wishes more people would offer. "Thank you very much for the food. As my companion said, I would not mind helping you with your bandit problems. Why don't you tell us about that and any other problems in your area while we eat." Lanius finishes. He moves to the table and eagerly awaits his portion of stew, because you can never know when your next meal is when in the wild.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

12. Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caur's words would follow Lanius' as close as possible, yet his speech comes out a bit awkward. "I think that is a good point Lanius has made, because, after all, if we are going to stay at a trading post, we'll eventually need some currency." Caur would then look at his meal before proceeding to start eating it.

13. Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Svetlana looks slightly disheartened as Caelon tells them of their true purpose, but has her hopes quickly renewed as he express his desire to help them anyway.

"Well..." she starts, as she is suddenly interrupted by a door slamming open. She turns around and sees Oleg, a large man with a sour demeanor, step out of a small building near the gate, and approach his wife. You assume he heard the conversation since you notice the building he exited had both its windows open.

"Well that just figures, doesn't it? They aren't here to help us at all, Lana!"

"Oleg!" she returns in a surprisingly strong voice for her frame, "They just said they would help us anyway! We need to accept their help right now, or we're going straight out of business. You know these bandits won't hesitate to kill us if we can't give them what they want!"

At first Oleg looks as if he is going to continue arguing, but then throws his hands up exasperated and says, ""Fine. I hope for your sake that we can trust them, or this could end bad."

His wife smiles, and then continues as if the interruption had never occured. "Well, the first time the bandits came here was the 1st of Kuthona, 3 months ago. They came over with torches, saying they would burn down the post and do... um, horribe things to me if we didn't comply." She shudders involuntarily at the memory, but wastes no time continuing, "They came back again on the first of Abadius and Calistril. Each time it with less people, thankfully. The first time there were about a dozen of them..."

"Fourteen," Oleg corrects. "I've got a head for numbers," he explains.

"Right, okay, fourteen of them. Anyway, they were led by this horrible woman with two hatchets. She nearly chopped off Oleg's hand when he told them to go away, and then took my wedding ring right of my hand as 'payment' for not cutting it off. The second time they visited, there were only 9 of them, and the third time only 7. The woman didn't return either of those times, and hopefully she won't tomorrow... which would be the first of the month when they always come."

14. Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Master Oleg says the paladin to the large man the bandits have entered through the gates, I assume; is there any way they could be sealed, either to prevent one from leaving or entering?"

Caelon turns around to the rest of the group and explains the idea that was taking shape in his head

If we could hide and wait for the bandits to come, we could close the gate once they are inside and surround them. There is a chance that, being outnumber and outflanked, they will surrender without need for bloodshed

15. Top - End - #15

Neila seems slightly annoyed as Caelon volunteered them, but doesn't contradict him. Initially.

"I would like to note that we in fact are assigned to assist you, though in a non-specific manner. 'The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope.' If we were to ignore this situation, we would be in direct violation of our charter, which I am certain none of us would consider." There's a slight hint of a rolling dwarven twang in her words, but she hides it well and avoids the mashing of words common to the dialect. "Consider yourself safe, Goodwife Svetlana and Goodman Oleg. You are under the protection of the Dragonscale Throne, through us as a proxy."

The girl thinks for a moment, and it occurs to her that these people might be rather nervous. They didn't seem to be, but then again, she had a hard time with nervous. It wasn't one of the easy ones, like afraid or happy. Nervous... nervousness... maybe she should introduce herself? She extends a gloved hand to the pair, though the motion is a little stiff and her expression remains neutral. "I am Neila Garess, scion of House Garess. I assure you that our group have all proven themselves quite capable. You have nothing to fear."

As the group begins to take their seats, she follows suit, spending as much time gently stirring the hot meal as actually eating it. She responds to the paladin's comment with that ever-so-slightly scornful tone that seemed to be her default. "I see no reason as to why such a surrender would be either likely or desirable. If you would remember, it has been clearly stated that banditry is to be punished by death. The mentality of an outlaw is unlikely to lend itself to a lynching when they could go down fighting instead, and even if we did capture them we lack the facilities to properly hold them. I refuse to endanger the lives of these people by doing anything so reckless as holding known criminals in their very homes."

That was simple fact. She continued. "We have the element of surprise by the inherent fact of our presence - they likely expect nothing more than a pair of common traders, while we are a group of trained combatants." Her gaze strays between a few of the... less civilized members of the party. "Well... combatants. We can likely decide the outcome of the battle before they are even fully prepared for an attack. It would be foolish to forfeit that for a fleeting chance that they may be feeling suicidal. We need, at most, one prisoner, that we may glean any information from him that we can on the movements of his group as a whole."

Homebrew:

16. Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The paladin patiently waits for the young woman to finish before he makes his reply. There are no signs of him being affronted by Neila's tone

Lady Garess, unrepentant banditry is to be punished by death. There is no soul beyond redemption, and there is always a chance for good.

I apologize if my plan seemed to endanger our gracious hosts, for that was not my intention.
    turning to Oleg and Svetlana, Caelon continues I promise you, as long as there is breath in my body, I will do everything in my power so no harm comes to you. I agree with Lady Garess about your safety beign paramount, so I'd like to request that tomorrow both of you hide while we take care of this most grim business

Finally, the paladin addresses all his companions, making eye contact with each for a brief moment as he speaks I disagree with Lady Garess on a surprise attack for I do not think that is right for us to act as judges and executioners without giving a peaceful resolution a chance. But if we are to share the Burden of this task, I would like to know the opinions of the rest of you

17. Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Gothos smiles toothily at Oleg and Svetlana, a worrying sight for many to be sure. My companions are right Mistress Svetlana. We are here for any bandits but will gladly start with these. He pats the head of his axe in a comforting way. "As the little Princess says we are here to help and we are... he measures the same pause that she did effective combatants.We shall defend you, never fear of that.. As he speaks he meets Caelon's blue eyes trying to convey the same strength of purpose, if with significantly less eloquence.

Gazing round the walls he smiles at the strong palisade and lurches a few paces towards the door. Master Caelon if you seek to block this then this is where I shall stand, the defiant words backed up by a grim bellowing laugh.

I look forward to meeting these bandits tomorrow. The Iron Lord can take his pound of flesh from someone else

As he speaks his eyes catch the sight of the catapults on the towers. Master Oleg, do the rock throwers function?
    Last edited by DrK; 2011-07-13 at 02:56 AM.

18. Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Oleg sighs at the disagreement between Neila and Caelon, but then responds when asked about the fort, "The fort is in... well, it's seen better days. This was originally meant to defend the border, but it hasn't been used for that in ages. The catapults haven't been used in ages, and I think it would take far longer than a day to get the old things running again. The only reason they're still there is for decoration, really. The gate, on the other hand, does work, but it needs to be closed manually, and that requires at least two people to close it effeciently."

The man looks at the fort, as if trying to come up with some plan on his own, but then brings his attention back to the group, and slams a fist on the table with a fiery glint in his eyes. "And I want these bastards dead, dammit! If you heard the... the things they said they'd do to Lana, you would feel the exact same way. I don't want them going free so they can go around terrorizing some other hard-working families! They're scum and they ain't worth a bit at all!"

For a moment, Svetlana looks as if she is about to add something, but then looks back at her food, and waits for someone else to speak.
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2011-07-13 at 10:17 AM.

19. Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caur would listen to everyone's opinion patiently, and judge these opinions in his head; trying to figure the easiest and loveliest way to handle the issue. Lost in thought, a look that gazes far beyond the borders of our physical world can be read on his face until he eventually makes up his mind and attempts to interupt the conversation right after Oleg.

"I suppose a surprise attack would be the most viable, for this is a fight of survival, rather than a fight of honor. In fact, I can hardly understand the point of both parties being in the same condition, for that where I came, such a kindness was never done to what may be a threat or dinner."
    Last edited by Baxxie; 2011-07-13 at 10:22 AM.

20. Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Gothos look at the old man. A glimmer of respect in his yellow eyes for the fiery speech. "Then Master Oleg tomorrow we shall wreak bloody vengeance on these bandits for you. I am well used to depredations and cruelties of human raiders"
    (It may take a second to work out that he actually means the Paladins and soldiers of Lastwall)

looking down at the Witch as he chews on the meat stew he nods favourably
    "Master Caur and the weasel may be right. Surprise and overwhelm them is the best tactic. Though if you wish me to stand shoulder to shoulder with you Master Caelon and fight them honourably I will. I care not save that battle is done in Gorum's name."

21. Top - End - #21

"Nearly all criminals 'repent' when faced with the gallows. This does not make their crimes any less heinous. While leniency is sometimes offered to those who would choose to turn themselves in of their own volition, it would be foolish to believe in the sincerity of any penance extracted through open threats. The individuals of which we speak forsook any right to civility or mercy when they began their campaign of terror and harassment against Goodman Oleg and his wife. Likely sooner, as I doubt this is the first or only place being extorted so."

She pauses in her idle stirring of her food then, sparing a glance in the direction of the gates. "Given that the fortifications are in a such a state of disrepair, we have almost no option but a surprise assault in any case. Hardened murderers are unlikely to simply let two of us close those cumbersome gate and entrap them here - it likely that at least one will attempt to flee the scene when presented with a genuine threat. If even a single of these bandits escapes, there is a good chance that he or she shall return with a much larger group as retribution... no, it is best that we engage them quickly and completely, before they are given an opportunity to scatter. That is neither cowardice nor bloodlust - it is simply common tactical sense."

Homebrew:

22. Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Since we do not know their numbers yet, it'd be premature to think that we can fell all our enemies before they get a chance to scatter by simply attacking them counters the paladin, his tone still calm despite Neila's ridiculing of his plan. Caelon pauses for a brief moment, considering the options, and then offers an alternative plan

I think it might be possible for Master Gothos and I to hide behind the gates and use the element of surprise to close them once all the bandits are inside. While we do that, you, Master Delacroix and Master Metsavend could be at the ready to take action if it came to that. Then, trapped and surrounded, I'll confront them and offer then one last chance to surrender. I am no fool Milady; I am aware that the likelihood of a peaceful resolution is small. If it comes to a fight, I'll draw their attacks upon myself, and I will not fall until our enemies are defeated. But I would rather not relinquish all hopes that people can change, and I am willing to risk my life for that belief

Then, addressing the half-orc, the paladin says
    It'd also be my honor to stand with such a brave warrior as yourself, Master Gothos. Know that my shield and my blade will be there to assist you whenever you need it

23. Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Gothos smiles at the blonde man. Then we should eat, sleep and make ready for the battle to come Master Caelon. We shall se which god is mightier in the clash of arms in the morning. Something halfway between a toothy smile and snarl suggests that the orc is probably attempting a joke.... probably.

24. Top - End - #24

Lanius looks at the rest of the group, nodding at the fine planning that is going on. He motions towards the top of the wall to one side of the gate "As for me, I think I will be most useful up on that platform near the gate. I could most certainly hide from view until the trap is sprung. Then, if any escape I can stop them with my bow, and if things get rough inside, I could jump down and join in the melee."

"Now, it is getting late, so why don't we think about turning in. Do you have beds for us here Svetlana? Otherwise just a few rooms would suffice."
    Lanius finishes.

25. Top - End - #25

"If you insist on giving the monsters some manner of opportunity for surrender, I might suggest a compromise." She finally stops pretending to eat, pushing away a half-full bowl of stew and laying down her spoon. "Sir Ismort, if you wish, you may accost them upon their arrival, as a chartered explorer authorized to carry out justice in this region. If he so wishes, Goodman Gothos may accompany you. If the bandits truly are repentant, which I confess I highly doubt, then they will have a perfect opportunity to set aside their weapons and turn themselves in. Offer a reprieve from the death penalty, if you wish."

Neila knits her gloved hands together, resting them on the table in front of her. "If by some chance they turn down such a generous offer, they will almost certainly attempt to bring the two of you down with superior numbers. This has the added benefit of drawing them further into the post, making retreat significantly more difficult. Then the remainder of our group may strike from hiding, placing them between axe and blade on one side and spell and arrow on the other."

"It entails rather more danger to you personally, but if you are so insistent on a futile attempt at negotiations, you are welcome to attempt it." Not once does that dead expression change as she finishes her short speech, though she seems disinclined to break eye contact until she receives an answer.

Homebrew:

26. Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

At Lanius' request, Svetlana speaks up, "Of course we have beds for you! Free of course, considering how generously you're helping us with our problems. I'll wake you up by daybreak if you aren't up already to get ready for your confrontation."

Oleg appears as if he is going to interrupt his wife when she mentions free rooms for the night, but then thinks better of it. As Svetlana goes off to show you your rooms, Oleg sheepeshly says, "And... um, be careful. They probably won't be too happy with us if they manage to survive your attack."

27. Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you Milady Garess, I appreciate your concessions. Caelon responds, also maintaining eye contact with the bard I am willing to face the risks involved with this task for a chance to redeem the bandits.

The paladin's voice takes a hard tone as he continues But, let me make this clear to you, Milady, and to Master Oleg: If they do not surrender, I will not hesitate to put an end to their thievery. No bandit that does not renounce his ways will survive to threaten any innocents again

Having said that Caelon raises from the table and start inspecting the area

Before we go to rest, I think it'd be most wise to decide upon hiding places and how to use the available objects to make our deception as effective as possible. As we have discussed, Master Gothos and I will hide behind the doors, which we will lock once the bandits are inside. Master Metsavend will be at the palisade over the gate to best use his bow. Where do you think would be the best place both you and Master Delacroix, Milady?
    Spoiler
    Show

Basically, this is for us to find hiding spots and to have everything set so we can do the equivalent of take 20 on the stealth check for the next morning

EDIT: Yeah, I meant to refer to Caur
    Last edited by Drothmal; 2011-07-14 at 12:11 PM.

28. Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Caur would keep eating from his stew, seemingly not intending to reply to Caelon at all, but rather waiting for Neila to make the decision. His weasel, however, gazes about curiously from the table on which it sits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming you meant "Master Delacroix," because you already mentioned Lanius in your phrase.

29. Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Svetlana furrows her brow in thought at the mention of hiding places, and then responds, "Well, you and um, Gothos, right? You two can hide behind the gates while it's open. All of the bandits besides the woman seemed a bit dull, so unless she's there again, that should suffice. Oleg and I can also put some barrels up by the platform for anyone to hide behind, and our wagon can be used as well."

30. Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Gothos nods at Svetlana's sensible suggestions. Where shall I put these then? he grins flexing massively scarred grey-green skinned muscles. Then we see about setting the watch. If the Lady Garess does not object I will take the watch in the darkest hours. Yellow eyes do not mind the dark .

With that he grabs up a last hunk of stew soaked bread and starts moving the barrels as directed by the rest of the party.
    Last edited by DrK; 2011-07-14 at 10:12 AM.