New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Saga] Ship design question

So if the party were to have* a capital ship (Blockade Runner) with a pair of turbolasers and a fighter bay for defense, what would be the best way to outfit a supporting ship?

Right now as to which ship I'm considering a firespray (Like slave 1) Or correlian stock freighter (Millenium falcon).

So how best could I turn such a ship into a supporting weapon, without making it seem expressly designed for that purpose?

*Technically it's the plot important NPC's ship. But it's going to be the PC's home base of sorts.

EDIT: Now with numbers!

Ok I've decided on the firespray-31.

Base cost of 120,000
    Licensing fee 6,000
    Combat thrusters 10,000
    For a total of 136,000 credits.

Leaving me with a total of 4,000 in order to get my personal gear. I don't need much. Pretty much just a sword and gun.
    Last edited by druid91; 2011-10-04 at 03:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Default Re: [Saga] Ship design question

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    So if the party were to have* a capital ship (Blockade Runner) with a pair of turbolasers and a fighter bay for defense, what would be the best way to outfit a supporting ship?

Right now as to which ship I'm considering a firespray (Like slave 1) Or correlian stock freighter (Millenium falcon).

So how best could I turn such a ship into a supporting weapon, without making it seem expressly designed for that purpose?
    You basically need it to be expressly designed for that purpose. Probably the best bet is to make it antifighter since there is no way you can build a Colossal (Space Transport) and realistically take out most capital ships. Taking out fighters on the other hand is easy. You need Combat Thrusters (think its those, the item in SotG that lets a Colossal (Space Transport) engage in dogfights, and otherwise act as a fighter), and some weapons. I'd honestly recommend looking that Millenium Falcon and stealing those weapons.