New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion VI: Ascendancy Mantle of the Playground

Hipsters? Exalted? I'm in on it.

~

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (Also, you're MEANT to use Courier New. Get with the program. xD)
    Yeth, mithtreth...
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Since when is Lix an aspect of Alarra?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Have I mentioned how much I adore you? I'll be the Adorjan to your Malfeas.

YOU'RE going to [soft, caressing whisper that shivers your spine] love me
    But...SWLIHN and Malfeas are the OTP! Blasphemer!
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

...darn other people in both threads.
    You think that's bad, wait till you see the product of somepony asking me to annoy them, and being in both the pony and Dominic Deegan threads.

I tried to start an MLP exalted gasme ages ago. I TRIED TO DO CROSSOVERS BEFORE THEY WERE COOL.
    I would have joined had Leo been made, and if I had time to keep up with the games I'm in.

Sorry Tavar and everyone else, tomorrows my last final!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Since when is Lix an aspect of Alarra?
    Oh, one of the fanons out of pony thread is that pony skin is made out of a gummy like substance, most of their body is filled with marshmallow, with a hard candy skull and dense cotton candy brain. Their core however is made of pudding.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Ebon Dragon and Szorenzy....

And then there's Gaia and Cythera.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

The OTP is tsundere Kimberry/Adorjan.

~

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

To be fair, Malfeas makes it with all the fine ladies. Even as they flay his souls alive.

It's just how a boss does.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    To be fair, Malfeas makes it with all the fine ladies. Even as they flay his souls alive.

It's just how a boss does.
    Don't forget the part where they all live within him.

Except Qaf, that bastard.

~

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Don't forget the part where they all live within him.

Except Qaf, that bastard.

~
    Technically, Cecelyne is all around him, but not actually inside him.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #251

Oh, Tavar, I'd like to point out that the Bright Slap can even knock the Emo out of Shinji.
    Something could knock the emo out of Shinji?

I just have the one gif (which was originally a ripped video game sprite that I just modified with SHINTAI!). But, I mean, all the real shintai involve you slapping something and hulking out anyway.
    Huh. I could have sworn you posted a Scott Pilgrim Black Mirror Shintai gif. But that must have been someone else.

Oh wait, it was you. It just wasn't relevant to the Shintai. Or was it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So, new game recruiting. It's set in the Late Shogunate. Really, the name should say it all. Come on down and try out.please....

It's the End of the World As We Know It....[Exalted, 2ed]
    Why does this ring a bell? I know, it's only the name that's the same. But still, it's funny for a moment, neh?

I feel this is more of a crazy crush of ShWLIHN's part. Poor girl. Everyone rejecting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Ebon Dragon and Szorenzy....

And then there's Gaia and Cythera.
    Cecylene/Szoreny forever! They're both silver colored for a reason, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    The OTP is tsundere Kimberry/Adorjan
    But that is one great idea. Too great not to happen. Even if they both love EVERYONE to death. Literally. Particularly that one Solar.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2011-08-01 at 09:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Bright Slaps are to manning up what Sonic Rainbooms are to getting cutie marks.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Why does this ring a bell? I know, it's only the name that's the same. But still, it's funny for a moment, neh?
    Odd, that. And, it did get a chuckle out of me. Wonder if the inspiration was the REM song as well.

But that is one great idea. Too great not to happen. Even if they both love EVERYONE to death. Literally. Particularly that one Solar.
    Oh? Is there a story behind that one solar? If so, do tell. I love Exalted Stories.

Maybe I'm just too new school, but I prefer the Simon, Clench your Teeth method.
    Last edited by Tavar; 2011-08-01 at 09:36 PM.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. I could have sworn you posted a Scott Pilgrim Black Mirror Shintai gif. But that must have been someone else.

Oh wait, it was you. It just wasn't relevant to the Shintai. Or was it...
    The Ebon Dragon is the only one whose charms it would be in theme for to have extra motes spent on a purely cosmetic face attached his fireball that smirks at you douchily while it lights you on fire.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden
    That poor poor lucky bastard. Death by Snoo Snoo.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

You tell this to someone who has never seen MLP. It reveals nothing.

Oh? Is there a story behind that one solar? If so, do tell. I love Exalted Stories.
    Actually, the only story is that, upon further examination, Recaiden is mixing up characters and doesn't know what he's saying. One was the untyped exalt who is the father of the Four winds, and the other is a (probably) completely different person who I vaguely remember from something about Kimbery. Nope. That was Kashta anyway. I blame the fact that the archetypal Scourge is a pirate. Even if that doesn't make sense.

That poor poor lucky bastard. Death by Snoo Snoo.
    It's only 6 Aggravated Damage per action directly to you mind. You can take it!

The Ebon Dragon is the only one whose charms it would be in theme for to have extra motes spent on a purely cosmetic face attached his fireball that smirks at you douchily while it lights you on fire.

Last edited by Recaiden; 2011-08-01 at 09:56 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe I'm just too new school, but I prefer the Simon, Clench your Teeth method.
    Nah, Clench Your Teeth just works for short term depression. Bright Slaps are emoectomies.

Clench Your Teeth would be a prerequisite charm for Bright Slap.

You tell this to someone who has never seen MLP. It reveals nothing.
    And yet you knew exactly what I was talking about.

I did also link the Bright Slap, where two hits makes Amuro go from whiny little punk to "I'm a man" in about a minutes time.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-08-01 at 09:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm totally making that charm now. I'll put it up sometime tomorrow.
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I'm totally making that charm now. I'll put it up sometime tomorrow.
    Be sure to give it some kind of bonus against Abyssals.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

It is not that hard. Shinji is not actually that emo - just a kid with a passive personality in a series that delights in crushing him every time it looks like it looks like something in his life might be going up or he starts beng happy. Dude has absurd amounts of Resonance, it seems.

Difference is that in Super Robot Wars, he was not, in fact, completely surrounded by manipulative *****. And Bright reminded this to him with a slap and a speech as is his style.

Not too much after, Shinji was playing the same field as the rest of your guys - who, for the record, in that game include people like Kouji Kabuto (the pilot of Mazinger) or Ryoma from Getter. Shinji is, more or less, a Simon who never had a Kamina that believed in him.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    It is not that hard. Shinji is not actually that emo - just a kid with a passive personality in a series that delights in crushing him every time it looks like it looks like something in his life might be going up or he starts beng happy.
    I'd say Shinji is pretty emo even before terrible stuff starts happening to him in the series.

He lives in a post near-apocalyptic world. And has food, clean water, shelter, clothing, entertainment, creative outlets, education, his full physical and cognitive health, and people who care about him. Oh yeah, that's a pretty terrible lot he's got going. Even in the real world, a significant portion of Earth's population doesn't have these things.

And yet, he complains about everything.

"Bluh bluh, stop making me save the world."
    "Bluh bluh, there's too many breasts everywhere."
    "Bluh bluh, my dad doesn't love me."

Yeah, cry me a river, Shinji. Your pain amused me.

...until it horrified me, that is.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Bluh bluh, there's too many breasts everywhere.
    Were I the kind of guy that would quote things out of context, this would definitely be sigged.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    It is not that hard. Shinji is not actually that emo - just a kid with a passive personality in a series that delights in crushing him every time it looks like it looks like something in his life might be going up or he starts beng happy. Dude has absurd amounts of Resonance, it seems.

Difference is that in Super Robot Wars, he was not, in fact, completely surrounded by manipulative *****. And Bright reminded this to him with a slap and a speech as is his style.

Not too much after, Shinji was playing the same field as the rest of your guys - who, for the record, in that game include people like Kouji Kabuto (the pilot of Mazinger) or Ryoma from Getter. Shinji is, more or less, a Simon who never had a Kamina that believed in him.
    Yea if Kamina suddenly popped in at the beginning of NGE and saw Shinji he'd start going "Hey, you look kinda like Simoun, and you sorta act like him to. I'm Kamina, I have a cool glasses, cool cloak and a cool sword, I once had a cool Ganmen, but I sorta died in it, but its cool, I got better."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yea if Kamina suddenly popped in at the beginning of NGE and saw Shinji he'd start going "Hey, you look kinda like Simoun, and you sorta act like him to. I'm Kamina, I have a cool glasses, cool cloak and a cool sword, I once had a cool Ganmen, but I sorta died in it, but its cool, I got better."
    Or if he suddenly found a case full of warhammer 40k figures and rules....

Which raises the question of, what would happen if he found exalted stuff instead?
    Last edited by Turalisj; 2011-08-02 at 08:55 AM.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Or if he suddenly found a case full of warhammer 40k figures and rules....

Which raises the question of, what would happen if he found exalted stuff instead?
    "For Sol! Come my two Lunar Mates, let us kill the Yozis!"
    Asuka and Rei: "Yes Dawn Caste Shinji! Kaworu the Ebon Dragon shall not win!"
    "Be on the lookout for the Chosen of Secrets, he forever plots!"
    "Yea, yea we know, watch out for your father..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

The names are placeholders. As are the prerequisites and stuff. But, how you you think these look?

The Bright Slap:
    Spoiler
    Show

Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 4; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Merged(Martial Arts, Performance), Mirror(You are the End of the World)
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: You Can Be More (Thunder Breaks the Clouds)
    A king broke no whining, and even his gentlest rebuke holds great power. This is not such a rebuke. In a thoroughly humiliating fashion, the Lawgiver shows exactly how the subject is failing to live up to their potential. But this is not to destroy them. No, the King is saddened by this loss, and wishes for the subject to rise up to the occasion. If he exceeds the subjects MDV, then he shatters any negative natural or unnatural mental influences. This effect is so powerful, it even protects the character in the future; any attempt to give the character such mental influences, especially ones of despair, are rendered extremely difficult. The target is rendered immune to such natural influences, and if targeted by unnatural mental influence he may force a roll-off between the Solar's essence at the time this charm was used and that of his assailant by spending 1 willpower. If the Solar wins, the effect is negated. If the opponent wins, he is still subject to the effect. If the Solar botches, this benefit ceases altogether. In addition, the target immediately begins training to change their motivation to something that would qualify them as a heroic mortal, if applicable. Finally, they subject gains an intimacy of some form of respect towards their King.

If the character using this charm qualifies with Performance as well, then the charm also extends in a way to everyone within distance. If the target of the charm rises up to the occasion, then everyone receives an intimacy of respect towards the subject. If instead, the character ignores the Kings call, then they are instilled with an intimacy of disappointment and disgust as the subject simply wastes himself. For the above to work the Solar must beat their MDV.

Due to the interaction of their closely related essences, this charm has an additional effect on any Abyssal or Infernal it is used on. The King allows no one to claim a kin's soul. It cannot remove the Resonance or Torment tracks, but it is able to mitigate them somewhat. Once per story, when this charm targets such a character, it can remove 1 resonance or torment from their track. Doing so makes the charm obvious, as the unholy essences are purged from the other with solar fire.

If presence is used, this charm must effect a social attack. If Martial arts was used to qualify for this charm, then it can only be used with physical attacks that hit.

You are the End of the World
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 4; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Mirror(Bright Slap), Merged(Martial Arts)
    Prerequisite Charms: Broken Heart Triumph

Some Abyssals have learned a powerful truth from the dead titans they serve. They are herald of the end, true, but they are not the cause. No, the End of all things is inevitable, because everyone's actions aid it. This charm supplements a social or physical attack, and reveals this horrid truth to the recipient. That, far from preserving and defending the world, his very presence dooms it. This truth shreds any positive mental influences the subject holds, as he realizes his entire life has been a lie. This effect is so powerful, it even protects the character in the future; any attempt to give the character such mental influences, especially ones of hope, are rendered extremely difficult. The target is rendered immune such to natural influences, and if targeted by unnatural mental influence he may force a roll-off between the Abyssal's essence at the time this charm was used and that of his assailant by spending 1 willpower. If the Abyssal wins, the effect is negated. If the opponent wins, he is still subject to the effect. If the Abyssal botches, this benefit ceases altogether.

For Heroic mortals, this charm makes them lose their heroic motivation and all benefits of being a heroic mortal.

If targeting a being with a limit track, this charm adds one limit to the track, or an additional limit if it is resisted as an unnatural mental influence. If the being would then go into Limit break, the Abyssal's words become even more damning. The Deathknight gains +(essence) successes on any social roll against the opponent for the duration of the Limit break, and even afterword all social effects are considered undodgeable. This effect is considered an ongoing unnatural mental influence.

Grit Your Teeth
    Spoiler
    Show

Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Charisma 5, Essence 4; Type: Reflexive (Step 10)
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Prerequisite Charms: ????

Some question why the Lunars did not try and help their mates out of the maddness that gripped them in the High First Age. In truth, they did, but there is only so much they could do against the Death Curse of the Neverborn. Using this charm on a successful physical or social attack allows the Lunar to strip mental influences, either natural or not, from the character(s) effected. If used on a character the user has a positive intimacy towards, the character also reduces his limit or similar track by 1, though any character can only benefit from this effect once per year.

If used on a character undergoing limit break, this charm has a different effect altogether. This charm causes the character to immediately snap out of limit break, but at a cost. They avoid the effects for 1 scene, and during this time they can spend 1 willpower to avoid Unnatural Mental Influences instead of gaining limit to do so. After the scene is up, or the next time they gain limit, they revert back into Limit break(though do not gain the limit), but the duration of the limit break is doubled. If this charm is used again, the duration it lasts is doubled again, and so on till the new Limit break's duration elapses.
    Last edited by Tavar; 2011-08-02 at 01:41 PM.
    Satomi by Elagune

27. - Top - End - #267

1) Might I recommend going over it again and fixing the errors? For instance, it's supposed to be "botches," not "Blotches," and "despair" instead of "dispair."

2) You might want to use slightly-clearer language on some of the parts, like in Grit Your Teeth.

3) For a once per story effect, removing one Limit is kinda weaksauce. After all, if an Abyssal's trying to redeem himself, he may well accrue a hundred points of Resonance in a story. Maybe bump it up to (Essence) Resonance/Limit?

4) Last but not least, it doesn't actually "slap the emo" out of someone. Yes, it removes negative natural/unnatural mental influences (which is, again, ill-defined), and makes it hard for others to instill them in the subject, but the subject himself is free to build whatever sort of feelings he wants afterward.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-08-02 at 01:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Gah. Okay, I think I got most of the spelling errors, but I guess there could be more out there.

What exactly did you want from Grit Your Teeth?

You're right about not really getting rid of the Emo, though. Perhaps... add an emotion tag, and make it give the target an emotion effect of hope, or defiance?

As for the limit thing, well, I wasn't sure how much they should really be able to effect the limit track. After all, the one solar charm that I know of that removes limit only does one per story, and it has some exacting limitations on when it can be used.
    Satomi by Elagune

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    spoilerz plz. I'm only on Episode 4.

~

30. - Top - End - #270

Gah. Okay, I think I got most of the spelling errors, but I guess there could be more out there.
    There was also the "effected" that was probably supposed to be "affected" in Grit Your Teeth.

What exactly did you want from Grit Your Teeth?
    Well, actually, the whole "mental influence" thing. Here's the thing about mental influence. Natural mental influence is pretty much limited to either compelling someone to act in a fashion for a scene, or eroding/building Intimacies. As such, can you use Grit Your Teeth to stop a person from fetching lemonade for another person? Was that its intention?

You're right about not really getting rid of the Emo, though. Perhaps... add an emotion tag, and make it give the target an emotion effect of hope, or defiance?
    Not sure, nor am I sure if it should do that. After all, there's already a Charm for that one, under Performance.

As for the limit thing, well, I wasn't sure how much they should really be able to effect the limit track. After all, the one solar charm that I know of that removes limit only does one per story, and it has some exacting limitations on when it can be used.
    True, true. Still, the ability to remove one Limit/Resonance from an Infernal or Abyssal is pretty meaningless; for the Green Sun Princes, they have their own way of getting rid of big gobs of Limit, and removing one Resonance from an Abyssal in a story is not going to tip any major scales.