New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eastern Tarthenol [IC]

A low sigh escapes the lips and the Vizarch's tone is slightly disapproving.
    No no, I can understand. You have your rules and authorities to answer to. That is unfortunate. Perhaps your friends at the bar will be more agreeable.

The Vizarch waves his hand and the door behind you closes with a bang. From the shadows you hear growls and several sets of eyes appear in the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[5]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21]

Gaspar shakes his head and thinks for a moment before pulling out his wand and knife, holding them at ready.

"No way we can change your mind, then?"

3. - Top - End - #183

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[10]

Change... my mind? I highly doubt that. I imagine after you three have had your.. priorities rearranged, your minds will be the ones changing. If there is much left of your minds that is.

Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have won initiative and will be going first. The map has been updated,

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...4qN1DMxw#gid=0

and yes, those are pillars/columns. You can stand on them for -2 accuracy, +2 AC and partial ranged cover.
    Last edited by 0nimaru; 2011-08-06 at 12:30 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Heh. Well... that's a damn shame, Vizarch."

Gaspar grins and, with a wave of his hand, conjures a kobold zombie in front of the pair of eyes to his left, and stepping up against the pillar, out of sight of the Vizarch.
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-08-06 at 01:44 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185

As you step closer to the pillar, the creature lashes out at you with a large metal longsword.

Spoiler
    Show

Ibixian 1 AoO
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage (1d8+4)[5]

From this position you see the creature which struck at you is a tall goat-man shrouded in shadows. He takes another swing at you. From behind you Fidd pulls out two short swords and prepares to defend himself. From the shadows to the right, another goat man appears and strikes at Fidd.

Spoiler
    Show

Ibixian 1
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage (1d8+4)[11]

Fidd +4 AC

Ibixian 2
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage (1d8+4)[6]

From the set of eyes near the Vizarch, you hear a strange wailing begin. It is accompanied by the sound of air being sucked down a long hallway. From the shadows appears a short, fat, body covered in black skin. Short three-taloned fingers are on the end of its skin-stretched arms. Faces bulge out from its skin in constant, silent, cries of terror. In place of a head there is only a large, red, sucking vortex pointing at you. The shrill cry is unnerving. The ugly creature lumbers closer towards you.

Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a Will Save

Fidd's Save (1d20+4)[18]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In reaction to the goat-man swinging at me, Gaspar meet his attacks with his hand, glowing with dark energy as he try to make contact with his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[10]
    (1d8)[4]
    (1d20+1)[6]
    (1d8)[1]

"You. Kill the goat."

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    [roll]1d6-1[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    [roll]1d6-1[/roll]

Will
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-08-06 at 01:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Correction
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[9]
    (1d6-1)[4]
    (1d20+1)[20]
    (1d6-1)[4]

8. - Top - End - #188

The shriek of the approaching creature shakes you to your core. You find it harder to aim your strikes or focus your will.

Will reaction
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shaken for -2 accuracy, damage, abil checks, skills, saves. Unknown duration

The goat-creatures continue to swing recklessly. The one nearest you attempts to push you further away, possibly towards the shrieking monstrosity behind you. The goat-man near Fidd strikes at him with a similar longsword. Fidd responds with two sudden stabs of his short swords. He keeps his back to the door and seems wary of shifting his position.

The shrieking abomination closes on you and reaches out one taloned hand to touch you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ibixian 1 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage (1d8+4)[8]

Fidd Full-Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage (1d6+5)[7]

Accuracy (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage (1d6+5)[11]

Ibixian 2 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage (1d8+4)[11]

Gloom Golem Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage (1d8+4)[11]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[4]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Feeling extremely claustrophobic, and desperate for a little space, Gaspar extends his hand, throwing a curse at the screaming creature before reaching out with his wand this time, against the goat.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[16]
    (1d8+1)[5]

The kobold continues its mindless attack, following the last orders it was given.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[12]
    (1d6-1)[3]
    (1d20+1)[8]
    (1d6-1)[2]

10. - Top - End - #190

Spoiler
    Show
    Will VS Curse 17

You focus your curse at the shrieking creature and feel a stream of energy rush towards it. Before it lands you immediately turn your attention back to the goat man and touch him with your wand. He flinches backwards and you feel a small twinge of satisfaction at finally striking the ugly half-man

The fight around you continues on. The Goat-man shifts upwards and together with the shrieking monster, attack you from a flanking position. Fidd continues striking at the far goat-man and it returns his blows. The shrieking creature seems to have a change in priorities as it halts for just a moment, and then steps forward and reaches out towards the wagonmaster.

Spoiler
    Show

Ibixian 1 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage (1d8+4)[5]

Fidd Full-Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage (1d6+5)[8]

Accuracy (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage (1d6+5)[8]

Ibixian 2 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[15]
    Damage (1d8+4)[10]

Gloom Golem Attack
    Grapple (1d20+14)[28]
    Grapple-Pin (1d20+9)[17]

Grapple Def (1d20+3)[18]
    Grapple-Pin Def (1d20+3)[6]

The shrieking creature reaches forward and grabs the wagonmaster. He is unable to resist it's strong, bony, arms and it lifts him high into the air. The creature then pulls him towards it and his head disappears into it's maw. After a moment, even his feet are gone. Consumed by the swirling vortex above the creature which seems to function as a mouth.
    Last edited by 0nimaru; 2011-08-06 at 02:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Encouraged by the successful blow, Gaspar lunges out again with his wand, but annoyed with his zombie.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[11]
    (1d8+1)[2]

"Why aren't you killing the goat? Bad zombie!"

The zombie slashes in a downward angle, attempting to clumsily hit the goat-man.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[9]
    (1d6-1)[4]
    (1d20+1)[2]
    (1d6-1)[4]

12. - Top - End - #192

Oooh. There's one of you. He was rather the pathetic one, but you two will make fine additions to my legions.

I trust you weren't getting your hopes up... death is not the end of service to me.

The torches around the room flicker, and dark shadows gather around the fallen goat-man. It's limbs move in a jerking manner as it rises to it's hooves. Dark red orbs glow in place of the risen creature's eyes.

Fidd continues to strike at the creature, which returns to it's former task with rigid zeal. The shrieking monster circles behind fidd and slashes out with both claws. The Ibixian you are fighting hisses in frustration as you touch it again. It backs away from your minion and continues attacking you.

Spoiler
    Show

Ibixian 1 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage (1d8+4)[10]

Fidd Full-Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage (1d6+5)[7]

Accuracy (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage (1d6+5)[7]

Ibixian 2 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[8]
    Damage (1d8+4)[8]

Gloom Golem Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage (1d8+4)[5]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[3]

Accuracy (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage (1d8+4)[7]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[2]

13. - Top - End - #193

Know(Religion) Results
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow.. that thing came back to life. It's probably undead, and most likely the Vizarch is responsible for it. It's clearly not a skeleton, but may be a zombie. If it isn't a zombie, it's something similar and brutish.

Also, the Shrieker thing doesn't look like a suitable target for reanimation, and most reason tells you that most undead can't be raised again. So after putting them down twice, you shouldn't have to worry. Probably.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar sees undead raised against him and feels anger surge within him.

"Fidd! He's bringing the dead back. But he can't do it twice, and the shrieker can't be brought back, probably."

He refocuses, on the Shrieker this time instead, and reaches out with his wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[14]
    (1d8+1)[6]

"You! Oh... right"

Gaspar starts to give the zombie a new order but stops as it begins to dissipate.

15. - Top - End - #195

Dangerous to guess when your lives are in danger, hahaha.

You aren't wrong though.. it's good to know you have knowledge of undeath. You'll be most useful to me.

As you touch the shrieking golem, the pitch of the scream becomes higher than normal for a brief moment, but it does not change its target. The goat-man sees your ally crumble and redoubles his efforts. Fidd attempts to get out of his undefendable position and puts his back towards the pillar. He continues to strike at the first rising goat while the shrieking monstrosity follows him. At it strikes with it's talons, Fidd's actions become slower, and his eyes start to blink as though drowsy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ibixian 1 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[17]
    Damage (1d8+4)[12]

Fidd Full-Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage (1d6)[3]

Accuracy (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage (1d6)[4]

Ibixian 2 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage (1d8+4)[7]

Gloom Golem Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+11)[22]
    Damage (1d8+4)[12]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[6]

Accuracy (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage (1d8+4)[9]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by 0nimaru; 2011-08-06 at 03:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar grunts under the force of the blow from the Goat's attack and grits his teeth, knowing he's in trouble, he steps away from the pillar and the goat, and into the middle of the room, continuing his attacks against the shrieker.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[17]
    (1d8+1)[9]

17. - Top - End - #197

The shrieker flinches from the pain and the faces on its body seethe and squirm across its black skin. Fidd sees this weakness and attacks the creature before stepping back towards the protection of the pillar. The undead goat-man follows him and yours follows as well. Both lash out in a similar manner. They seem tireless and not prone to elaborate thinking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ibixian 1 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage (1d8+4)[5]

Fidd Full-Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage (1d6+4)[9]

Accuracy (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage (1d6+4)[9]

Ibixian 2 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+4)[21]
    Damage (1d8+4)[11]

Gloom Golem Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage (1d8+4)[11]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[5]

Accuracy (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage (1d8+4)[10]
    Cha Drain (1d6)[3]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar's chest heaves in pain as he notices Fidd slump against the pillar and realizes he has very few options left. He turns his attention to the Vizarch and grimaces, knowing what has to be done.

He takes up a defensive stances while turning the wand toward himself, feeling the fatigue ebb away as the tip touches his chest and sighs, gritting his teeth for what's next.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration: (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d8+1)[3]

19. - Top - End - #199

The living goat-man comes up on one side of you as the undead one flanks you. The raised goat-man seems to take a long time to shuffle towards you and does not immediately strike at you with his longsword.

Spoiler
    Show

Ibixian 1 Attack
    Accuracy (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage (1d8+4)[12]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar reaches down and activates his anklet, teleporting him 10 ft closer to the Vizarch and stepping forward, reaching his glowing hand out and pressing it to the Vizarch's face.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[14]
    (1d8)[6]
    (1d20+3)[8]
    (1d8)[8]

21. - Top - End - #201

You place your hands upon the Vizarch and dark energy flows through your touch into him. His skin beneath the robe is hard and rigid, not like a human's at all. He looks shocked as you teleported towards him and made a direct attack against him on his throne....

The undead goat-man falls to the floor in a heap where shadows soon cover it. In moments the shadows retreat and there is no sign of either fallen foe, although Fidd remains propped against the pillar. The living goat backs into the shadows and you are soon unable to see him.

Such bravery... and smarts, finally. Your foes were clearly too much for you, and so you aim for their master. Good thinking, although it could have come earlier. If you wish, you may leave the city. I have all of the others anyway, and one more or less won't matter. Of course.. if you wish to reconsider my offer, you can remain with your cohorts.. under my command.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar backs away panting, looking at the Vizarch incredulously for a moment before pointing the wand back at himself again, feeling more of the fatigue slip away before answering.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion): Vizarch (1d20+9)[13]

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+1)[6]

"Under... your command. No magic, or tricks. I'll just be guarding shipments of Saemenellyk? I'll be free to do with the money what I choose or need, and you'll leave me be to continue my research."

23. - Top - End - #203

Know (Religion)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are plenty of things he could be, but you have not enough evidence to narrow it down below a hundred options.

The Vizarch shifts on his seat and you get the impression he is smiling.
    Of course. You will be free of any crushing mental control... and I would never wish to get in the way of a man bettering himself and his minions with.. research.

I will need your promise that you'll not go against my interests and inform the Highgates of any of this... If the wagonmaster is any indication, they'll take my monopoly on their services as less than acceptable. So, agree to that and we can be on with the arrangements.

The Vizarch reaches one hand out from his pile of clothing as though waiting for you to shake it, and with the other hand he firmly pulls the clothing tighter around him.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar pauses a moment and then extends his hand, hesitantly gripping it.

"You have my word. I will not tell the Highgates of anything concerning your plans, or what transpired here."

Gaspar looks behind him to Fidd, going to check if he's alright.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal (1d20-1)[18]

"...He's stabilized, but very weak. Is there anything we can do for him? I'm sure he'll be willing to cooperate as well, given the circumstances."
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-08-06 at 05:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

You feel a surge of power as you grip the Vizarch's hand. You don't feel any invasive magic affecting you, but it seems this is a binding agreement you have made.

Your comment about Fidd draws a dry laugh from the Vizarch.
    Ha ha ha. There is plenty we can do to him. You should not worry about him though... go back to your wagon. The shipment will be loaded, and your cohorts should be with you shortly. Remember our deal.. as I may contact you again in the future.

The doors fly open and the Vizarch gestures towards them.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar begins to leave, giving Fidd a passing glance before leaving the room. Nothing can be done for him, no point in dwelling. He walks back to the Inn to see Auugh and Lothos waiting aside the wagon.

"Hey guys. Did you enjoy yourselves?"

27. - Top - End - #207

Augh burps loudly and there is a large black stain around his mouth. Lothos is very quiet, and a similar stain runs down his chain onto his clothes.
    Yeah. It was pretty good stuff overall. You couldn' even taste the strawberries though. Lothos here can't hold his drink; he hasn't said a word, just been drownin' like a fish in that new ale. Ain't that right, Loth?

Augh claps Lothos loudly on the back. The elf wobbles and rights himself rigidly with little reaction. From the front of the wagon you hear the horses neigh and see that they are in position, ready to travel again. As you circle around, you see the wagonmaster on his perch, holding the horses reins. After a moment or two of positioning the horses he snaps the reins and drives them forward, onto the street. Augh looks surprised, but quickly climbs to his position and Lothos shuffles to his side.

Hey Gasp.. didn't you and Fidd both go to see the Vizarch? Don't tell me he's still hanging around somewhere drinking.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar runs alongside and jumps into his normal perch before turning around and explaining.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[22]

"There was an attack at the Vizarch's keep. We managed to kill two of them and the other got away, and unfortunately, by the time I'd finished off the last one, Fidd had bled out. You didn't notice this and this?"

Gaspar points to the gash on his forearm and the blade scuffs on his armor.

29. - Top - End - #209

Augh looks surprised and slightly sad,
    An attack on the Vizarch? Do you know why or who? Fidd was a good hand at defendin' himself normally... Where is his body? Ya didn' bring back his body so we can send it home to 'is family to bury?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gaspar pauses and then answers, feeling stupid, and feeling his cheeks burn warm.

"Honestly that hadn't even crossed my thoughts. I had assumed you'd all leave me where I dropped as well. We can probably return and get the body... As for who, all I know is that they were not human. They seemed to be half goat. And they both swung around a sword better than I am with a dagger."
    Last edited by Winged_Immortal; 2011-08-06 at 06:53 PM.