New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: ATW's Awesome Androgynous Avaricious Azure Ardent Adamant Alluvial Random Banter

Someone borrowed my friends phone and sent me weird texts. Not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ATW's Awesome Androgynous Avaricious Azure Ardent Adamant Alluvial Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Oh, I gotcha.

Yeah, but boozing and boozing plus energy drinks are two totally different things. Why do you think they took Four Lokos off the market?
    It's off the market?
    It's still for sale at the 7-11 near me...
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

It's off the market?
    That really weird, as I thought you were one of those playgrounders who lived near me, and they were making a big deal about it thing Spring.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

It's off the market?
    *random punch to remind you of DND, just incase*

Also, side question to everyone. Who else likes bagels?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know my color.

I've been trying for years to paint it blue, but since my parents are convinced that we're moving any month now (despite us not having even found a house yet) they wont let me.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wikipedia to the rescue!

"Starting weeks prior to the FDA ruling, many fans and others seeking financial gain purchased large quantities of the drink. This buying rush quickly created a black market for the drink, with many sellers charging nearly five times the drink's retail price. Four Loko appeared on Craigslist and collectible cans of the drink were being sold on eBay. In late December 2010, a reformulated version of the drink was put on shelves. The new product had exactly the same design as the original except without any mention of caffeine, guarana, or taurine (ingredients in the original drink). However, illegal sales of the original drink continued, usually for a price of roughly $15 per 24 ounce can."

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I know my color.

I've been trying for years to paint it blue, but since my parents are convinced that we're moving any month now (despite us not having even found a house yet) they wont let me.
    Paint what blue?

I know my color too!

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Paint what blue?

I know my color too!
    Sorry, my bedroom. Currently it's an awful seasick rubber duck color.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's off the market?
    Yeah, it's illegal because people can get alcohol poisoning from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    *random punch to remind you of DND, just incase*

Also, side question to everyone. Who else likes bagels?
    I wish I could punch my DnD crew into awareness

I like bagels.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

10. - Top - End - #40

I wish I could punch my DnD crew into awareness

I like bagels.
    Unfortunatly, attention paunch doesn't work when they sign off as you do it XP

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, it's illegal because people can get alcohol poisoning from it.
    As opposed to other forms of alcohol. Like I said the real issue is that 4Loko was marketing itself pretty sketchily (i.e. it's really popular among the underaged drinkers) and a bunch of idiot kids didn't know when to stop drinking and wound up getting alcohol poisoning, but these are the same kids that would find a way to get alcohol poisoning from O'Douls if they could.

If you're smart about mixing Caffeine and Alcohol it's a very fun experience and nothing more.
    End of line.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pentachoron View Post
    As opposed to other forms of alcohol. Like I said the real issue is that 4Loko was marketing itself pretty sketchily (i.e. it's really popular among the underaged drinkers) and a bunch of idiot kids didn't know when to stop drinking and wound up getting alcohol poisoning, but these are the same kids that would find a way to get alcohol poisoning from O'Douls if they could.

If you're smart about mixing Caffeine and Alcohol it's a very fun experience and nothing more.
    That's very true, and the caffeine counter-acted the depressant of the alcohol, which allowed them to drink way more than they needed/could handle.

I'll take your word for it.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

I'll take your word for it.
    Sure, I'm not advocating its usage by any means. If someone doesn't know how to drink responsibly it's actually probably a bad idea, I'm just saying if you're not dumb it's not really a bad thing.
    End of line.

14. - Top - End - #44

You all seem like people who know how to drink. What should a newbie drinker have as her first one?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

That depends very much on what you like, but there are a lot of different things that are very good (most any fruity mixed drink) and a good plenty of things that take time to appreciate but are worth the effort (wine, beer, mead).
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    That depends very much on what you like, but there are a lot of different things that are very good (most any fruity mixed drink) and a good plenty of things that take time to appreciate but are worth the effort (wine, beer, mead).
    Well, I kinda don't know what I like in terms of drinking, which is the point

17. - Top - End - #47

Well, I kinda don't know what I like in terms of drinking, which is the point
    No, not just in terms on drinking. Like chocolate milk? You'll love a white russian. Like orange juice? Maybe you'd like a screwdriver. Like seltzer? Maybe a gin and tonic would be a good drink. For your first time out, though, it's probably best to avoid anything that doesn't come in a mixer. Straight bourbon or rum, for example, is likely to light your innards on fire. If you do want to try them, though, try sipping them on the rocks and not just doing shots.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

18. - Top - End - #48

No, not just in terms on drinking. Like chocolate milk? You'll love a white russian. Like orange juice? Maybe you'd like a screwdriver. Like seltzer? Maybe a gin and tonic would be a good drink. For your first time out, though, it's probably best to avoid anything that doesn't come in a mixer. Straight bourbon or rum, for example, is likely to light your innards on fire. If you do want to try them, though, try sipping them on the rocks and not just doing shots.
    Ahhh. I like chocolate milk, so maybe a white russian. I'm not sure though, it's still a thing I'm nervous about.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

What about apple juice and/or coca cola?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #50

Ahhh. I like chocolate milk, so maybe a white russian. I'm not sure though, it's still a thing I'm nervous about.
    There's no reason to be nervous if you're just trying it out for taste. Just take it slow (1-2 drinks per hour, tops) and you'll most likely be fine (barring unforeseen allergies or something). If you're not going into it to get blitzed, you won't likely have a bad experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Opinions differ on this, but for apple juice you may like a hard cider. Keep in mind that ciders are like beer, there are many different varieties out there and just because you don't like the first one you try doesn't necessarily mean you won't like any of them. Alarra definitely has her yeas and nays on the cider front. For colas there are the obvious rum/bourbon and coke drinks. Unless they're mixed strongly, the alcohol of choice only lends a subtle flavor. The only thing I ask about these latter is that you do the rest of us a favor and not soil top shelf liquors with your mixer. Some mixed drinks are definitely improved by using the pricier liquors, these are not. They taste just as good with the cheap stuff.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2011-07-14 at 01:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

I like Coka Cola pretty well. Not a BIG fan of Apple Juice though.

There's no reason to be nervous if you're just trying it out for taste. Just take it slow (1-2 drinks per hour, tops) and you'll most likely be fine (barring unforeseen allergies or something). If you're not going into it to get blitzed, you won't likely have a bad experience.
    Good point. But I do tend to get nervous when doing new things.

22. - Top - End - #52

Alright. That lends to another point of advice for the novice drinker. If you don't want to, DON'T. Don't let anyone intimidate, harangue, or cajole you into drinking alcohol if you don't want to. If you're old enough to be choosing it, you're old enough to be choosing not to as well. Folks fail to understand that sometimes.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Opinions differ on this, but for apple juice you may like a hard cider. Keep in mind that ciders are like beer, there are many different varieties out there and just because you don't like the first one you try doesn't necessarily mean you won't like any of them. Alarra definitely has her yeas and nays on the cider front. For colas there are the obvious rum/bourbon and coke drinks. Unless they're mixed strongly, the alcohol of choice only lends a subtle flavor. The only thing I ask about these latter is that you do the rest of us a favor and not soil top shelf liquors with your mixer. Some mixed drinks are definitely improved by using the pricier liquors, these are not. They taste just as good with the cheap stuff.
    I am SO glad im not old enough for this yet it sounds way more complicated than it needs to be...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #54

I am SO glad im not old enough for this yet it sounds way more complicated than it needs to be...
    Someday you might actually enjoy the complexities available. I know I do.

25. - Top - End - #55

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Pentachoron View Post
    I'd say it depends on the person. I imagine some people do enjoy the taste, some people are probably after the energy boost.
    It depends on the drink as well, I should think--Lucozade doesn't taste very similar to Red Bull, for instance!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Dude just go to a bar and try stuff. You don't even have to think about it... a good bartender can even bring me tasty-as-heck drinks when all I give them is "use tequila."

Did I ever tell you about the Jalapeno Margarita? Now THAT was interesting... spicey drinks.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyWoof View Post
    Dude just go to a bar and try stuff. You don't even have to think about it... a good bartender can even bring me tasty-as-heck drinks when all I give them is "use tequila."

Did I ever tell you about the Jalapeno Margarita? Now THAT was interesting... spicey drinks.
    This sounds delicious!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

Come on out to CA and I'll introduce you to my favorite bartender

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright. That lends to another point of advice for the novice drinker. If you don't want to, DON'T. Don't let anyone intimidate, harangue, or cajole you into drinking alcohol if you don't want to. If you're old enough to be choosing it, you're old enough to be choosing not to as well. Folks fail to understand that sometimes.
    An older family member told me once that in recent decades it's become easier to be a nondrinker at social occasions involving alcohol and that this is thanks to dedicated driver programs making it more convenient to have abstainers around. I wonder if that's true.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Another beginners tip (which really applies to everyone) is to drink non-alcoholic drinks as well to avoid dehydration and hangovers. "Every other water" ("Varannan vatten") is a Swedish campaign to get the numerous party drinkers to not get themselves too blitzed. I think it's taking effect, it's at least becoming rather well know...

The first time I tried alcohol, I remember that I consumed 7 glasses of soft drink together with my half-glass equivalent of mixed-out vodka, but then I should note that I have a rather sweet fang.

ION:
    I do have a working Internet connection, but boy is it unstable. I hope it'll get better when we stop moving...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-07-14 at 06:04 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show