New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: ATW's Awesome Androgynous Avaricious Azure Ardent Adamant Alluvial Random Banter

Yha, I too am endlessly curious. Putting up bait like that is just asking for trouble XP

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ATW's Awesome Androgynous Avaricious Azure Ardent Adamant Alluvial Random Banter

Ya... Not the most opportune time for the name change to go through, but oh well.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

3. - Top - End - #213

Ahh, ok.

Side note, watching Happy Gilmore. This is a pretty funny movie.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Ahh, ok.

I liked Happy Gilmore definitely an Adam Sandler classic, I never cared for his other arguably biggest film though, Billy Madison.
    End of line.

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Pentachoron View Post
    I liked Happy Gilmore definitely an Adam Sandler classic, I never cared for his other arguably biggest film though, Billy Madison.
    Billy is the one where he is Satan's son right? Or is that something else?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

Billy is the one where he is Satan's son right? Or is that something else?
    The one where he's Satan's son is Little Nicky, Billy Madison is the one where he has to go back to school.

I know Little Nicky isn't super great, but I actually like Little Nicky a little partially because I was a huge metalhead when I was younger.
    End of line.

7. - Top - End - #217

The one where he's Satan's son is Little Nicky, Billy Madison is the one where he has to go back to school.

I know Little Nicky isn't super great, but I actually like Little Nicky a little partially because I was a huge metalhead when I was younger.
    Ahh. Never saw Billy Madison, I did see Little Nicky (obviously).

I really quite enjoy Little Nicky. It's rough around the edges, but funny, and Ozzy saving the day with such a classic reference is awesome as always.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Ahh. Never saw Billy Madison, I did see Little Nicky (obviously).

I really quite enjoy Little Nicky. It's rough around the edges, but funny, and Ozzy saving the day with such a classic reference is awesome as always.
    I'd avoid Billy Madison, it's that same kinda just goofy thing Adam Sandler used to do but it's so over the top that it's just retarded, the only good scene in it is at the very beginning.
    End of line.

9. - Top - End - #219

I'd avoid Billy Madison, it's that same kinda just goofy thing Adam Sandler used to do but it's so over the top that it's just retarded, the only good scene in it is at the very beginning.
    The only things I really remember him from is this movie and Little Nicky. I'm completly blanking on everything else he's been in.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

I liked Mr. Deeds. I don't know anyone else that does, though.

~

11. - Top - End - #221

I kinda liked Mr Deeds. See, now I'm remembering all the movies he did. Eight Crazy Nights was pretty funny.

Also, there is ONE bit of good from Billy Madison.

"...Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    I liked Mr. Deeds. I don't know anyone else that does, though.

~
    I like Mr. Deeds, I just don't like the end with the shareholders, rest of the movie is gold though. John Turturro is fantastic in it.
    End of line.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ahh, ok.

I saw that. All I can say is...ugh, I really don't like most American comedy.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #224

That's a shame Dragonprime.

Also, I have found a thing. It is..amazing.

I warn you, what is seen can never be unseen. Also appropriate as it is Harry Potter related.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

I find Adam Sandler most annoying, I don't personally like his acting and the movie he normally does have insanely idiotic plots, though there are examples of comedic moments the overall composition of it regularly fails. But that's just me.

I warn you, what is seen can never be unseen. Also appropriate as it is Harry Potter related.
    I can see what is happening, I know why it's interesting, but there is just an unfortunate coincidence air to it.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-07-15 at 10:16 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

16. - Top - End - #226

I don't get it...
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I don't get it...
    Look at the URL bar and the lower left corner.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

I don't get it...
    Because the outer sets of feet are facing one way and the inner sets of feet are facing the other and they're right on top of each other, either two people with very messed up feet are standing right next to each other, or two people are having intercourse in the hall.
    End of line.

19. - Top - End - #229

Oh, I see. I wish I could see the names.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, I see. I wish I could see the names.
    I don't think there were any names on it, the gif is from the credits of one of the films.
    End of line.

21. - Top - End - #231

BlackDragon

Methinks somebody in the Art Department was having a bit of a joke there...

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Impressive. Hex grids are pretty interesting, though my personal preference is the square grid.
    I like the both simple and practical beauty of the hex grid. I think it's the war game genes I must have inherited from dad. Also, hex grids prevent exploitation of diagonal movement without the need for more rules, and thus more programming.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Yes, and, Ecuador?

Also, that's rather awesome.
    Ah, and... *looks at map* oh, it seems Peru was further north than I first thought...

It wasn't too hard. A hex grid is essentially a square grid with every other row shifted half a hex (to the right on the one I did), so each cell can easilly be represented by an object storing an X and Y coordinate stored in a double array. The trickiest part was to program the methods for getting the hexes adjacent to a specific hex, and then especially the upper and lower adjacents, as you need to take the shift into concideration, and even then it was just the special cases (the edges of the grid) that required any large amounts of applied visualisation.

(Kudos to those who understand what I'm talking about. )

ION:
    I wasted probably 2-3 hours last night bugging out the most tedious of the scenarios in FfH. Basically, you get a moderately huge army but no way of reinforcing it, and with it you're supposed to kill 100 demons and then kill their leader. With only 12 left to kill, I defeated their leader, but since I hadn't completed the first objective, I didn't win. When I a round or so later did kill the remaining amount neccessary, I got the second objective to kill him, but then he was already dead, so I couldn't. Instead I sacked his only remaining city, but since I didn't own any cities myself, that meant that my stupid quasi-ally got the victory, i.e. not me, and then I managed to clear the list of auto saves by looking up the scenario screen (it's located in a new game), and I hadn't saved for real, so I couldn't go back and fix it.

I've worked out the tactics now and started over again, but it made me mildly annoyed, to say the least...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Methinks somebody in the Art Department was having a bit of a joke there...
    Sure seems like it...

edit: The thread... I killeded it.
    Last edited by Eon; 2011-07-16 at 09:10 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

24. - Top - End - #234
    Banned

*clear*

BZZT

I'll be seeing Harry Potter with my mom in an hour. Caused a bit of scuffle with the dad and stepmother but, eh. Harry Potter!

I'll be looking for the, ah, close friends in the credits.

~

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    *Horrifying Strategy Game Hijinks*
    Oh god, that sounds horrible. And a tad bit broken on the games part. Any sensible game would have both objectives open at the same time, instead of shanghaing you like that.

26. - Top - End - #236

Because the outer sets of feet are facing one way and the inner sets of feet are facing the other and they're right on top of each other, either two people with very messed up feet are standing right next to each other, or two people are having intercourse in the hall.
    To be fair, that placement of feet does not necessarily indicate sex, just that they're really, really close. They might only be kissing.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    To be fair, that placement of feet does not necessarily indicate sex, just that they're really, really close. They might only be kissing.
    Perhaps, but that seems a little close for kissing.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

28. - Top - End - #238

BEST THING EVER!

Anyways, I just experienced great annoyance. It seems that all the terrible music from America has followed me here to Austria. I was in a store buying a ruler with which I will make more icons, and suddenly Black and Yellow came on. My wrath was unstoppable.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    BEST THING EVER!

Anyways, I just experienced great annoyance. It seems that all the terrible music from America has followed me here to Austria. I was in a store buying a ruler with which I will make more icons, and suddenly Black and Yellow came on. My wrath was unstoppable.
    Ya... During my brief jaunt to Europe, I rarely heard any music I didn't recognize immediately from America. I was disappointed. It wasn't any of the good music...
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

<3

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    Perhaps, but that seems a little close for kissing.
    Kissing very passionately.
    In theory, they could only be embracing, however that's somewhat less likely (But still possible).
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."