Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    What am I, chopped liver?
    Of course not.

    You are the side dish.

    ()

    I'll take you both on and bind your souls into Shadesteel!
    You can try!


    I, myself, will meanwhile have my PrC use one of the most expensive items out there. It will be epic, and possibly even Epic, but likely not the latter, yet assuredly the former. It will use magic, it will use technology, it will do battle near and far and it will be glorious.

    I bid everyone to step aside, for it shall take large steps.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  2. - Top - End - #722
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nihilarian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    I think I'll use Lantern of Revealing.

    Let's see if I can pull it off...

  3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sirpercival's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    While that is a funny idea, I try to push people away from making joke classes (at least deliberately-made-to-be joke classes, tongue in cheek is alright). I've DQ'd people for it. Just be forewarned.

    -X
    Oh I wouldn't enter such a thing in this contest. It's just a hilarious idea which I'll have to actually do at some point.

    Serious question, though: just in case, what do you do if your entry requires enough supporting material to push it past the character limit?

    (IIRC there is such a thing on these boards, though I may be mistaken.)
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

    I am the assassin of productivity.

    Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

    gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

  4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Midwest, not Middle East
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    [*]apparatus of Kwalish
    Do this one!
    Last edited by Glimbur; 2012-08-20 at 08:20 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lord_Gareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Of course not.

    You are the side dish.

    ()



    You can try!


    I, myself, will meanwhile have my PrC use one of the most expensive items out there. It will be epic, and possibly even Epic, but likely not the latter, yet assuredly the former. It will use magic, it will use technology, it will do battle near and far and it will be glorious.

    I bid everyone to step aside, for it shall take large steps.
    You fool! You tip your hand with your intention to use the apparatus of Kwalish! NOW I SHALL DESTROY YOU!


    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

  6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheGeckoKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a flying castle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    I'm so building an item around the Aberrant Sphere when I get the time.

    "Nyarlathotep, I choose you!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvie by araveugnitsuga
    3DS Friend Code - 4098-2424-2486

  7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ErrantX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Well, after an almost-2-year break from homebrewing (my last 'brew was for Base Class Challenge IV ) I finally have the time to get back into the swing of things. This contest seems like a good place to start.

    So, I have a few different ideas in mind. Of the following items, which would everyone rather see a PrC based on?
    • vorpal sword/sword of sharpness
    • ring of shooting stars
    • Quall's feather tokens
    • Nystul's marvelous pigments
    • apparatus of Kwalish
    Good to see you back, Dice. I was gone a while myself, so it's nice to see more familiar faces! I'd vote either for Quall's feather tokens or the apparatus of Kwalish (but only if it becomes a transformer or a Gundam ).

    Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Oh I wouldn't enter such a thing in this contest. It's just a hilarious idea which I'll have to actually do at some point.

    Serious question, though: just in case, what do you do if your entry requires enough supporting material to push it past the character limit?

    (IIRC there is such a thing on these boards, though I may be mistaken.)
    Make two posts back to back? Don't post anything until you've actually got something to post; posting a placeholder before you do something in the contest is mechanically the same as being "first!" on a Youtube video.


    Oh, and as an aside to everyone: You don't have to use the items already made, just to make sure you know this. You can homebrew a new item as well. I think its great you're picking core items though, don't get me wrong, but I just don't want people thinking they are being forced to use published items.

    -X
    Chris Bennett
    Lead Designer (Path of War)
    Dreamscarred Press

    My credits:
    The Path of War: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, by Dreamscarred Press, available now!!
    My extended homebrew signature!


    Platinum Contributor to the Avatar D20 Project!

  8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sirpercival's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    I vote Feather Tokens, I was going to use those until I hit on my current idea.

    And re: char limit, yeah, that works. I don't think it'll be an issue, though.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

    I am the assassin of productivity.

    Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

    gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

  9. - Top - End - #729
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PairO'Dice Lost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malsheem, Nessus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Good to see you back, Dice. I was gone a while myself, so it's nice to see more familiar faces! I'd vote either for Quall's feather tokens or the apparatus of Kwalish (but only if it becomes a transformer or a Gundam ).
    Maaaaybe....

    Well, that settles it. I call dibs on the apparatus of Kwalish.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.


    Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

  10. - Top - End - #730
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    I have ideas. I have all the ideas.

    I have too many ideas

    But seriously. I'm currently leaning towards a non-caster crystal ball user. Or maybe not, I don't know...

    I'd like to aim for a warrior type (full BAB, weapon focused) class, but man! I just can't chooooooooose. Will let this stew for a day or two.

  11. - Top - End - #731
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hyooz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    So I have an idea that I like, but I'm not sure it fits in the bounds of the contest.

    Not to give too much away, but think of the item's function in this case as Iron Man's chest-battery. It's an irrevocable part of the user, it grants new and thematic abilities, but the item's use itself isn't really expanded upon (with the exception of becoming this "power source")

    Kosher? Not so much?

    Current Contest Entries:

    Prestige Class Contest: In the Shadows -The Ghost Wyrm

    Base Class Contest: Altar of Naught - The Nihilist

    Monster Competition: Beings of Legend - The Omni Template

    Spoiler
    Show


  12. - Top - End - #732
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    After a six-month hiatus, I'm also back, though I don't know whether or not I will be able to actually write something for the contests anymore.

    I told Djinn so I might as well say it here as well; the reason I've been gone is that I accidentally stumbled into a part-time gig writing 3PP stuff for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. As a result, most of my time in the past six-or-so months went to co-writing a book called Pact Magic Unbound, Vol. 1. The Paizo thread is floating around the interwebs if you want to take a look.

    Its actually really funny, because I didn't know anything at all about the Binder class until I started participating in these contests. I was especially inspired by Djinn's classic [I-can-never-spell-the-word-right] of the Iron Bands prestige class, which eventually led to my co-writing of the Seropaenean Avenger and Seropaenean Exorcist prestige classes, which did pretty well in the Mono-e-Mono contest if I recall correctly.

    Regardless, I'm back, but I don't know if I'll be able to devote time to writing material for the contest. At the very least I will participate in the judging; I owe that much to the community that "raised," me after all, right? :-P
    Last edited by Golden-Esque; 2012-08-20 at 11:26 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #733
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sirpercival's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    This is the first of these contests that I'll be entering (if you hadn't noticed...). So, another procedural question. Is there anything against posting my entry on another board (after it's posted here) and getting feedback? I'd be posting anyway after the contest was done.

    I could also post on the other board and let the class evolve over there, but leave the official entry pre-edits. I just don't know what the etiquette is, and I'd rather not violate the spirit of the contest.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

    I am the assassin of productivity.

    Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

    gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

  14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ErrantX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyooz View Post
    So I have an idea that I like, but I'm not sure it fits in the bounds of the contest.

    Not to give too much away, but think of the item's function in this case as Iron Man's chest-battery. It's an irrevocable part of the user, it grants new and thematic abilities, but the item's use itself isn't really expanded upon (with the exception of becoming this "power source")

    Kosher? Not so much?
    As long as the item is central to the purpose, theme, and abilities of the class, and the item's abilities are either expanded upon by the class, or the item expands upon the character's abilities in some other meaningful way, then it's kosher. So likely yes? Send me a PM if you're still not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    This is the first of these contests that I'll be entering (if you hadn't noticed...). So, another procedural question. Is there anything against posting my entry on another board (after it's posted here) and getting feedback? I'd be posting anyway after the contest was done.

    I could also post on the other board and let the class evolve over there, but leave the official entry pre-edits. I just don't know what the etiquette is, and I'd rather not violate the spirit of the contest.
    Standard etiquette around here is this: the class stays in the contest until over, and then its fair game to repost elsewhere. But most entrants don't tend to repost on other forums to my knowledge, and I've never bothered to go and make sure people are staying honest to the spirit of the rules. That being said, I am going to say don't repost it somewhere else for feedback, but at the same time, I'm never going to go and actively hunt your class down to make sure of it, comprende?

    In the end, the contest is about inspiring people to make creative new homebrew and some of the forum's most popular and beloved classes have come this contest or the base class contest. Do what seems right to you.

    -X
    Chris Bennett
    Lead Designer (Path of War)
    Dreamscarred Press

    My credits:
    The Path of War: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, by Dreamscarred Press, available now!!
    My extended homebrew signature!


    Platinum Contributor to the Avatar D20 Project!

  15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lord_Gareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    In the end, the contest is about inspiring people to make creative new homebrew and some of the forum's most popular and beloved classes have come this contest or the base class contest. Do what seems right to you.

    -X

    I've noticed that too, actually. The Children seem to have this odd cult appeal that leads to me continually getting PMs about them >.>


    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

  16. - Top - End - #736
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sirpercival's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Standard etiquette around here is this: the class stays in the contest until over, and then its fair game to repost elsewhere. But most entrants don't tend to repost on other forums to my knowledge, and I've never bothered to go and make sure people are staying honest to the spirit of the rules. That being said, I am going to say don't repost it somewhere else for feedback, but at the same time, I'm never going to go and actively hunt your class down to make sure of it, comprende?

    In the end, the contest is about inspiring people to make creative new homebrew and some of the forum's most popular and beloved classes have come this contest or the base class contest. Do what seems right to you.

    -X
    Yeah, that's fine. I'm just much more active over on minmaxboards, but there are contests over here and a large homebrewing community, so I've started porting some of my stuff over. (The large projects will have to wait...) Either way, I'll repost over there when everything's done to have all my stuff together, but I'll keep it under wraps until after the contest is over.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

    I am the assassin of productivity.

    Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

    gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

  17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ErrantX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Yeah, that's fine. I'm just much more active over on minmaxboards, but there are contests over here and a large homebrewing community, so I've started porting some of my stuff over. (The large projects will have to wait...) Either way, I'll repost over there when everything's done to have all my stuff together, but I'll keep it under wraps until after the contest is over.
    Invite some of those folks over here! Get some of them involved in the contest. Just some thoughts.

    -X
    Chris Bennett
    Lead Designer (Path of War)
    Dreamscarred Press

    My credits:
    The Path of War: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, by Dreamscarred Press, available now!!
    My extended homebrew signature!


    Platinum Contributor to the Avatar D20 Project!

  18. - Top - End - #738
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    sirpercival's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    Invite some of those folks over here! Get some of them involved in the contest. Just some thoughts.

    -X
    Lol! A lot of them are already over here, or have been over here before -- Garryl, Ziegander, Amechra, bhu, DonQuixote, oslecamo, Prime32, etc.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

    I am the assassin of productivity.

    Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

    gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

  19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Djinn_in_Tonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a bottle.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    I've noticed that too, actually. The Children seem to have this odd cult appeal that leads to me continually getting PMs about them >.>
    Yeah...there are a few of these creations that have.

    Children of the Mausoleum, Midnight Occultist, Seidkona of the Iron Bands...there are others, but those stand out to me as being among the super popular homebrew creations from this contest.

    Ingredients

    2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge


    Instructions

    Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

  20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ErrantX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Yeah...there are a few of these creations that have.

    Children of the Mausoleum, Midnight Occultist, Seidkona of the Iron Bands...there are others, but those stand out to me as being among the super popular homebrew creations from this contest.
    My biggest sadness about this contest is that I can't join your illustrious ranks of awesome 'brewers in this contest, sort of a conflict of interest as I am the tie breaker vote.

    C'est la vi.

    The above classes are definitely legends from the contest history.

    -X
    Chris Bennett
    Lead Designer (Path of War)
    Dreamscarred Press

    My credits:
    The Path of War: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, by Dreamscarred Press, available now!!
    My extended homebrew signature!


    Platinum Contributor to the Avatar D20 Project!

  21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beastlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Yeah...there are a few of these creations that have.

    Children of the Mausoleum, Midnight Occultist, Seidkona of the Iron Bands...there are others, but those stand out to me as being among the super popular homebrew creations from this contest.
    Midnight Occultist is still my favorite bit of homebrew I've ever seen.
    Blue Dragon DM by Emperor Ing.

    Homebrew Testing Gauntlet always recruiting.

    My homebrew

    If you ever want to try some of my homebrew and need a DM send me a PM, and if you are playing some, I'd love to know how it works out.

  22. - Top - End - #742
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    bindin garoth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Aaaaaand Inspiration just hit me with a baseball bat. I'll be making a class based off of Gloves of Storing.
    homebrew

    Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum



    Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

  23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Djinn_in_Tonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a bottle.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    My biggest sadness about this contest is that I can't join your illustrious ranks of awesome 'brewers in this contest, sort of a conflict of interest as I am the tie breaker vote.

    C'est la vi.

    The above classes are definitely legends from the contest history.

    -X
    Eh. You could just have a policy of not voting for yourself in the tie-breaking round, if that happens. i.e. just concede ties if they happen. I'd love to see your work in the contest, honestly. Either that, or pick another impartial judge.


    Edit: Pick my item, guys!

    -Necklace of Strangulation (a cursed item!) [7-10 level class]
    -Heward's Handy Haversack or Belt of Many Pockets [3-5 level class]
    -Hand of the Mage [10 level class]

    ...or other suggestions/challenges. I'm trying to find my copy of the Magic Item Compendium, so more possibilities might arise later.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2012-08-21 at 03:16 PM.

    Ingredients

    2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge


    Instructions

    Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

  24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Heward's Handy Haversack would definitely be nifty.

    I could see a Belt of Many Pockets/Hidden Pouches PrC (whichever was the better one) turning someone into Batman.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Techwarrior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Hm... Wizard/Handy Haversack Master?
    On it.
    Avatar courtesy of Ceika. Posting is currently infrequent due to internet provider issues.


  26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Djinn_in_Tonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a bottle.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
    Hm... Wizard/Handy Haversack Master?
    On it.
    Just as a heads up...there might be two such things if I choose to go with that one.

    Ingredients

    2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge


    Instructions

    Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

  27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lord_Gareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Eh. You could just have a policy of not voting for yourself in the tie-breaking round, if that happens. i.e. just concede ties if they happen. I'd love to see your work in the contest, honestly. Either that, or pick another impartial judge.


    Edit: Pick my item, guys!

    -Necklace of Strangulation (a cursed item!) [7-10 level class]
    -Heward's Handy Haversack or Belt of Many Pockets [3-5 level class]
    -Hand of the Mage [10 level class]

    ...or other suggestions/challenges. I'm trying to find my copy of the Magic Item Compendium, so more possibilities might arise later.
    None of these.

    You should do the hat of disguise.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

  28. - Top - End - #748
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Djinn_in_Tonic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stuck in a bottle.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    None of these.

    You should do the hat of disguise.
    Eh. Considered it, but the item is conceptually limiting. It's hard to break from the transformation/deception angle, and players would be hesitant about, say, a Hat of Disguise Necromancer who takes on aspects of departed spirits, because that's just an (admittedly awesome) Chameleon or Binder knockoff, and those are really wonky to balance. Plus playing possession is hard for a lot of people...to many personalities to manage.

    Ingredients

    2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge


    Instructions

    Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

  29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lord_Gareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Eh. Considered it, but the item is conceptually limiting. It's hard to break from the transformation/deception angle, and players would be hesitant about, say, a Hat of Disguise Necromancer who takes on aspects of departed spirits, because that's just an (admittedly awesome) Chameleon or Binder knockoff, and those are really wonky to balance. Plus playing possession is hard for a lot of people...to many personalities to manage.
    How about a Hat of Disguise character whose absolute belief in the reality projected by the hat lets him step beyond altering himself to altering reality like a god?


    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

  30. - Top - End - #750
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Xallace's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cocoon

    Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    How about a Hat of Disguise character whose absolute belief in the reality projected by the hat lets him step beyond altering himself to altering reality like a god?
    Like... reality is just an illusion, and my hat is just an illusion, ergo controlling my hat controls reality?

    Fedora Solipsists with a dash of Buddhism?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Coplantor's Official Second-In-Command 2.0. It's alot like being Will Riker, but still with less alien women and also pirates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatars
    "Epic Abjurer" avatar by the astounding Fayt!
    "The-Fantastic-Protectimaton-MK-VIII" avatar by the wondrous KingGolem!
    "You-Know-You-Want-It" Paladin MD avatar by the mighty thelizard!
    "Eat-Steel-Vile-Flu" Paladin MD avatar by the sexier-than-I Dr. Bath!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •