New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread IV

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Ebon Initiate/Connoisseur hybrid PrC based on the boogeyman. Or something. My mind is throwing around ideas like random and I'm having trouble plucking one out coherently.
    This would be something interesting to see. Perhaps transformative into something like a devourer or something equally awful to behold

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    This would be something interesting to see. Perhaps transformative into something like a devourer or something equally awful to behold

-X
    Knowing me though, I'd be more likely to end up with something that wouldn't look bad in the Nightmare Before Christmas rather than something genuinely awful.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Knowing me though, I'd be more likely to end up with something that wouldn't look bad in the Nightmare Before Christmas rather than something genuinely awful.
    Aww, don't be down. See what you can put together, if you need help on it I'm sure everyone here can provide suggestions, and if you have questions about the Ebon Initiate, well, I can definitely try to answer them.

-X
    Last edited by ErrantX; 2012-09-26 at 12:17 PM.
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

So, I was looking through the contest thread to see what people have so far, and it looks like the Guiser is very similar to what I had in mind. I probably should have been more explicit when posting my first ideas to avoid overlap, but then I thought I'd have been able to get to it sooner than I have. I'm debating on whether to work up my idea anyway, and hope they're different enough to be worth it, or coming up with something new.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Errant, you haven't updated your siggy or the initial post with the newest link yet. How am I supposed to be lazy instead of going into my UserCP?
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
    Errant, you haven't updated your siggy or the initial post with the newest link yet. How am I supposed to be lazy instead of going into my UserCP?
    Ummm, check again man, it's updated, I just used it.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm...must have been the work computer or something...
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Bugbear in the Playground

Retro: for the Wakeless Titan, look up Nautilus from League of Legends. He'd be perfect for an image.

Current Contest Entries:

Prestige Class Contest: In the Shadows -The Ghost Wyrm

Base Class Contest: Altar of Naught - The Nihilist

Monster Competition: Beings of Legend - The Omni Template

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969
    Firbolg in the Playground

And the Horror is complete. If anyone is willing I would love to have a PEACH on it and will trade PEACHes to anyone that gives me one.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

10. - Top - End - #970

I'm still between ideas. Being beaten to a ghastly warlock, I'm now considering a vampiric warlock... though I did just do a warlock PrC. Other base class options atm are druid and DFA because they're my huggy-buggy favorites.

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971

...I have had a completely different idea than any of the ones I posted previously. If any of the contestants in it for the free PEACH would like to say I bargained in bad faith, let it be known that I accept that and won't hold anyone to it.

With that in mind, I do think I'll be building it off of my Malefactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

12. - Top - End - #972
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pumpkin Lord coming right up! Based off the warlock (although anyone can enter and gain warlock like abilities) and centered on turning eldrich blast into a flaming Jack o' Lantern. And stuff.
    Akrim.elf made my wonderful ponytar.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Curse that infernal yellowish-brown text right under comics! When shall you turn normal brown again?" -every OOTS fan ever.
    I support laziness. Call me Z if you can't be bothered to spell my full name.
    Come help build a fantasy setting!

13. - Top - End - #973

Edro, I'll happily PEACH the Horror. Would you mind giving the Mawkin a look-see? I know I still need to finish the closing fluff stuff.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

14. - Top - End - #974

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Edro, I'll happily PEACH the Horror. Would you mind giving the Mawkin a look-see? I know I still need to finish the closing fluff stuff.
    I'll take a look at it later today.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #975

Quote Originally Posted by Hyooz View Post
    Retro: for the Wakeless Titan, look up Nautilus from League of Legends. He'd be perfect for an image.
    He is (and the Reel Them In ability is based on his anchor toss) but he lacks the cheesy Halloween-ness of Captain Cutler's Ghost :P
    Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    I'll PEACH as soon as I'm done with Mawkin's fluff.
    I shall PEACH your Mawkin (which sounds vaguely dirty) below!

Let's see...I really like the level 0 "resurrect into the class" idea. You should specify if it gives you any penalties or has a time limit, though, and you currently have it granting save bonuses at level 0 before you actually take the class.

Kinda weird that you suffer a disguise penalty for your shadow but not your demonic plant head. I like the shadowy grapply thing though, very evocative.

I like Mawkin Form. I think it might not last long enough to truly make an impact compared to barbarian rage, although it is quite a bit stronger so I'm not sure.

Stalking Midnight is a good idea but as written it basically alerts people to your presence while you're trying to sneak-up on them. Maybe make it so you can designate targets?Annnnndddd I'm an idiot who didn't see the "when you attack" part, ignore me.

Any particular reason for the "not in alternate form" restriction on Eerie Gaze?

Lurking Visions seems to have backwards fluff: People that can't detect you suffer a penalty because they see you :P

Secret Terror is nice but not particularly impressive as a capstone ability. Not sure what I would add except letting you identify casters like you can with Whispers in the Night. Maybe a type change to undead or plant (can never have enough plants!)?

All-in-all, I like it. My only problem is it doesn't seem sure whether it wants to be a stealth class or a combat class. It has some great combat abilities but meh HD and 3/4 BAB. Also some great stealth utility but only decent skills and none of the great rogue ones like Disable Device/Open Lock/UMD. You should clarify how the fear abilities stack/interact with each other and the Intimidate skill too.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    And the Horror is complete. If anyone is willing I would love to have a PEACH on it and will trade PEACHes to anyone that gives me one.
    Looking over it now, I'll write something up when I get a chance!

EDIT: PEACH for the Horror is done, see the box in my next post!
    Last edited by Retrokinesis; 2012-09-29 at 10:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Current plans are to work on a Binder who shunts his soul into a pseudo-phylactery to allow for a stronger bind to the vestiges. Names and flavor are probably going to come from Fall from Heaven 2.

EDIT:
    PEACH for the Wakeless Titan
    Spoiler
    Show

The image is cheesy, but that's classic Scooby Doo for you.

Requirements fit, save for the stone dragon requirement, especially considering the whole "must be on land to use these abilities" nonsense for the school. Note that I personally dislike the resurrection requirement, but it's Halloween, so that's expected.

Still needs skills, preferably four plus with swim present. HD, BAB, and saves all look in order.

For proficiencies, you should also give them Light and Medium armor, if only on the off chance someone gets in without either.

Maneuvers and schools look in order.

Deep Shell makes sense and isn't bad, especially for a nautical campaign. The encumbrance is a nice, albeit minor plus.

Watery Grave is nice. Free swim speed and an odd subtype. Not bad. You should probably add "You may treat water as earth for the purposes of using Stone Dragon maneuvers and stances."

Blackwater Blood is nice. Free out of combat healing is always a plus.

Blackwater Body hits with Deep Shell.

Dredge Line reminds me of Bloodstorm Blade. Not much else to say.

Nautical Lights isn't much, but it helps shave the costs off of sunrods.

Wounding Strikes is nice. Free +2 weapon property and an extra +2d6 are very nice.

I'm having a hard time with rating Bring Them Down. There already exists a slew of maneuvers that work via ranged attacks. Having more is nice, but it seems to counter the bonus from Wounding Strikes.

Frozen Abyss just means packing some extra fire resistance. There's already precedence with throwing mortals subtypes anyhow with the frozen/flaming rage feats. Not bad.

I feel like Reel Them In should be an earlier class feature, but otherwise love it. Also, isn't there a different harpoon that does just this?

Love Brutal Impalement. Insuring hurt is always good.

Having Unstoppable's regeneration stopped by positive energy seems odd to me, but that's about it. Solid class feature, for sure.

One With the Depths is a solid capstone.
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2012-09-29 at 08:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.

17. - Top - End - #977

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
    Current plans are to work on a Binder who shunts his soul into a pseudo-phylactery to allow for a stronger bind to the vestiges. Names and flavor are probably going to come from Fall from Heaven 2.

EDIT:
    PEACH for the Wakeless Titan
    Spoiler
    Show

The image is cheesy, but that's classic Scooby Doo for you.

Requirements fit, save for the stone dragon requirement, especially considering the whole "must be on land to use these abilities" nonsense for the school. Note that I personally dislike the resurrection requirement, but it's Halloween, so that's expected.

Still needs skills, preferably four plus with swim present. HD, BAB, and saves all look in order.

For proficiencies, you should also give them Light and Medium armor, if only on the off chance someone gets in without either.

Maneuvers and schools look in order.

Deep Shell makes sense and isn't bad, especially for a nautical campaign. The encumbrance is a nice, albeit minor plus.

Watery Grave is nice. Free swim speed and an odd subtype. Not bad. You should probably add "You may treat water as earth for the purposes of using Stone Dragon maneuvers and stances."

Blackwater Blood is nice. Free out of combat healing is always a plus.

Blackwater Body hits with Deep Shell.

Dredge Line reminds me of Bloodstorm Blade. Not much else to say.

Nautical Lights isn't much, but it helps shave the costs off of sunrods.

Wounding Strikes is nice. Free +2 weapon property and an extra +2d6 are very nice.

I'm having a hard time with rating Bring Them Down. There already exists a slew of maneuvers that work via ranged attacks. Having more is nice, but it seems to counter the bonus from Wounding Strikes.

Frozen Abyss just means packing some extra fire resistance. There's already precedence with throwing mortals subtypes anyhow with the frozen/flaming rage feats. Not bad.

I feel like Reel Them In should be an earlier class feature, but otherwise love it. Also, isn't there a different harpoon that does just this?

Love Brutal Impalement. Insuring hurt is always good.

Having Unstoppable's regeneration stopped by positive energy seems odd to me, but that's about it. Solid class feature, for sure.

One With the Depths is a solid capstone.
    Thanks! The Stone Dragon "must be on land" thing is so silly I didn't even know it existed ! I picked that school because it fits the "brutal, massive hits" thing the WT has going on but I'll definitely add an exception into Watery Grave. Dredge Line and Bring Them Down are both straight out of Bloodstorm Blade, except not limited to 1 school because that PrC is...less than optimal. I wanted to give the class some ranged utility without making it a better choice than melee, considering the harpoon is technically a thrown weapon. Reel Them In is the defining ability, really, so I don't want it to come too early, but you think it's a bit too late as of now? Yeah, I wasn't really too sure about Unstoppable. I went with positive energy because the Depths seem more "antithetical to life" rather than "outright puppy-kicking evil" but Good would make sense too. Desecration damage from Sandstorm would probably make the most sense (and I think you already take more damage from it because of the Water subtype) but I'm not sure if it's too obscure to be balanced.

I really like the sound of the binder psuedo-lich; binder deserves all the love it can get. I could see the flavor being something like "shoving parts of your soul in a box so there's more room for the vestiges".

Horror PEACH is in this box!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skills look good, though I'd add Tumble. Why the alignment restriction though? Terrifying people sounds pretty lawful to me and is basically what paladins do all the time.

Feed the Fear and Swift Demoralization let them compete with the Zhentarim Fighter in the fear department which is always a good thing. Immunity piercing for fear effects is fine (and necessary for the class) but should give a bonus to saves to things usually immune to them.

I don't like the "unconscious for 24 hours" thing because A. save-or-dies without the save part suck and B. I can't think of anything that actually *causes* the Cowering condition now that I think about it, except Turn Undead and exalted feats.

The extra damage on Deathscythe might be a bit much, although it might not be compared to a martial adept. Consider specifying it's NOT doubled on a critical hit if you're going to let the threat range bonus stack with Keen/Improved Critical.

Reaper's Shroud is thematic, gives you a reason not to dump Charisma, and lets you fight ghosts. I like it.

Dread Form is a nice little boost: not overpowered, but it's cheap to use and doesn't last long. Probably what I'd save most of my Presence for.

Extended Demoralization is good but you should probably clarify what happens to the duration if you Charisma bonus changes.

I think Dread Servant is too much. As written, it's an unlimited number of better cohorts with effects you can't even replicate yourself. Definitely put a number limit on it. As much as I love love love xenoalchemy, it seems tacked-on considering the Horror has zero grafting ability herself. Maybe bonus undead construction feats applied instead?

Enhanced Intimidation is either way too powerful or way too cheap. As-is it's basically 3 Presence to completely negate any opponent with no save. Or ALL of them if you spend 9 more to expand the range.

Ultimate Nightmare is a nice capstone, especially the incentives to keep your Presence up.

I like it. Good combatant with a bag of neat tricks that can cause some serious damage, with style! Few minor things you should take a look at and/or clarify, but it's pretty damn solid.

18. - Top - End - #978

Quote Originally Posted by Retrokinesis View Post
    Horror PEACH is in this box!
    Thank you for the PEACH, I shall return the favor once I finish modding my class a little.

Skills look good, though I'd add Tumble. Why the alignment restriction though? Terrifying people sounds pretty lawful to me and is basically what paladins do all the time.
    Why Tumble, exactly? Nothing the Horror has uses it. And yea, the Nonlawful thing was actually a carry over from when this was a barbarian specific PrC.

Feed the Fear and Swift Demoralization let them compete with the Zhentarim Fighter in the fear department which is always a good thing. Immunity piercing for fear effects is fine (and necessary for the class) but should give a bonus to saves to things usually immune to them.
    Swift Demoralization was taken straight from Zhentarim Fighter.

I don't agree with the usual +4 bonus creatures normally immune to fear, but I'll add it since it's usually a balance point.

I don't like the "unconscious for 24 hours" thing because A. save-or-dies without the save part suck and B. I can't think of anything that actually *causes* the Cowering condition now that I think about it, except Turn Undead and exalted feats.
    There is a Save, the save for Daunting Presence which is, IIRC, 10 + Half HD + Cha bonus. The bonus from Presence adds half the horror's level to that as well. Cowering can be caused by cornering a Panicked opponent or by affecting them with another fear effect while they're panicked. This requires a lot of setup and a lot of presence use to be used.

The extra damage on Deathscythe might be a bit much, although it might not be compared to a martial adept. Consider specifying it's NOT doubled on a critical hit if you're going to let the threat range bonus stack with Keen/Improved Critical.
    Yea, it's not multiplied, if it was on a scythe (a x4 multiplier) that'd be insane. I may cut the extra damage in half if it proves to much but for now I think it's alright as it is.

Reaper's Shroud is thematic, gives you a reason not to dump Charisma, and lets you fight ghosts. I like it.
    Yea, this class is for the fighter that actually doesn't dump Cha or gets really lucky and rolls a good set of abilities.

Dread Form is a nice little boost: not overpowered, but it's cheap to use and doesn't last long. Probably what I'd save most of my Presence for.
    That was the intention, a cheap boost that'd be the signature use of their presence.

Extended Demoralization is good but you should probably clarify what happens to the duration if you Charisma bonus changes.
    Hm, I think the duration wouldn't change if the effect is already in play, but new uses would be reduced or increased as appropriate.

I think Dread Servant is too much. As written, it's an unlimited number of better cohorts with effects you can't even replicate yourself. Definitely put a number limit on it. As much as I love love love xenoalchemy, it seems tacked-on considering the Horror has zero grafting ability herself. Maybe bonus undead construction feats applied instead?
    Actually, you're supposed to only be able to ever have one.

The Xenoalchemy was actually tacked on while I was looking for a way to actually make the Dread Servant seem inhuman. Any ideas?

Enhanced Intimidation is either way too powerful or way too cheap. As-is it's basically 3 Presence to completely negate any opponent with no save. Or ALL of them if you spend 9 more to expand the range.
    A 20 on an Intimidate check does not guarantee the target being affected. Skills don't auto-succeed on a 20. And Enhanced Intimidation only works with Intimidate, not with Daunting Presence. Plus, IIRC, Intimidate allows a Will Save or an opposed skill check.

Ultimate Nightmare is a nice capstone, especially the incentives to keep your Presence up.
    I was hoping for that to be the case, the fluff behind it was essentially how hard it is to overcome fear, so I thought a passive defensive option would be nice.

I like it. Good combatant with a bag of neat tricks that can cause some serious damage, with style! Few minor things you should take a look at and/or clarify, but it's pretty damn solid.
    Domo arigato gozaimasu. I was aiming to make it a flavorful and potent fighter using fear (which is commonly ignored at higher levels) as their primary source of power. I'm glad to see I achieved that.

EDIT: I can't really expand on Thrice Dead Cat's analysis, he pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

EDIT2: New picture for the Horror
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-10-01 at 01:05 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Contest really caught my interest so I thought I'd de-lurk and post something. Been quite a while since I've designed a class or prc so its nice to give it a go again. Probably will get some more work done on it tonight when im home
    Last edited by Zallera; 2012-10-01 at 12:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980

I shall PEACH your Mawkin (which sounds vaguely dirty) below!
    Yay! Thank you!

Let's see...I really like the level 0 "resurrect into the class" idea. You should specify if it gives you any penalties or has a time limit, though, and you currently have it granting save bonuses at level 0 before you actually take the class.
    Other than having to take your next level as Mawkin, no it doesn't have any time limit, or penalties (though people are likely to remember you, I would think). As for the save bonuses, Risen Martyr gives them out too.

Kinda weird that you suffer a disguise penalty for your shadow but not your demonic plant head. I like the shadowy grapply thing though, very evocative.
    Yeah, well it's a lot easier to disguise a physical part of your body than your diaphanous shadow :) Glad you like the grappling!

I like Mawkin Form. I think it might not last long enough to truly make an impact compared to barbarian rage, although it is quite a bit stronger so I'm not sure.
    If you're going for an Intimidate build, you likely have at least a +3 Cha mod, and that's going to be enough for most battles I would think.

Any particular reason for the "not in alternate form" restriction on Eerie Gaze?
    I liked the fluff of it? EG was more to give you something to do when not transformed. Also, because EYE LAZORS

Lurking Visions seems to have backwards fluff: People that can't detect you suffer a penalty because they see you :P
    It's more that they can see you, but they can't detect you because their brains have rejected your existence as too terrifying. Other people (who do detect you) can handle it better and therefore suffer no penalty.

Secret Terror is nice but not particularly impressive as a capstone ability. Not sure what I would add except letting you identify casters like you can with Whispers in the Night.
    Well, it's the same as the Vecna-blooded ability (with slightly different fluff). Extremely powerful and useful in a high level game, I would think... your enemies will likely have access to divinations, no?

Maybe a type change to undead or plant (can never have enough plants!)?
    Hm... I would think aberration would make more sense, but either way I didn't really see this as a transformational class (or at least, not in that way). I'll see if I can think of an additional piece for a capstone.

EDIT: I added a possibility to sense the caster for the divination stuff, and another capstone which made so much sense I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

All-in-all, I like it. My only problem is it doesn't seem sure whether it wants to be a stealth class or a combat class. It has some great combat abilities but meh HD and 3/4 BAB. Also some great stealth utility but only decent skills and none of the great rogue ones like Disable Device/Open Lock/UMD. You should clarify how the fear abilities stack/interact with each other and the Intimidate skill too.
    It's kind of both, you know? A stealthy grappler. Does it bother you enough to want to change it? I would probably increase the BAB first and foremost, for grappling purposes, but I dunno if it's necessary. And is it unclear how the fear stuff interacts? I thought it was pretty straightforward in stacking like everything else. Nonstacking fear kinda sucks.
    Last edited by sirpercival; 2012-10-01 at 03:08 PM.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

I should have the Name-Me-Not up by the end of tomorrow, with their ability to travel through mirrors, possess your reflection, and slowly replace your relationships with other people with mockeries and twisted, skewed, funhouse versions.

It will also be able to do that whole "tear your eyes out thing."

Question...

Should I feel afraid that the only PrCs that I can ever finish are Warlock PrCs?
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

22. - Top - End - #982

What I'm going to call Deadman 1.0 is up and ripe for PEACHing. I'll probably make some tweaks myself over the next few days, and hopefully get around to commenting on more of the other entries this time. But for now, thar she blows.

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #983

Quote Originally Posted by Hyooz View Post
    What I'm going to call Deadman 1.0 is up and ripe for PEACHing. I'll probably make some tweaks myself over the next few days, and hopefully get around to commenting on more of the other entries this time. But for now, thar she blows.
    Deadman Wonderland, awesome!
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Deadman Wonderland, awesome!
    Loose inspiration, but yeah, once I had settled on a vampiric knight who wields blood as a weapon, I pretty much had to work the references in there somewhere

Current Contest Entries:

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

I still need the rest of the fluff, but can someone vet the class features for the Name-Me-Not?

I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what...
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I still need the rest of the fluff, but can someone vet the class features for the Name-Me-Not?

I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what...
    Sure thing!

Entry pretty much requires warlock who has spent some skills and feats on this truenaming fix you link. Also, dying in front of a mirror isn't generally done on accident. It's cool and flavorful and everything, but I might replace it with a ritual you have to do between two mirrors before you die. That makes it more feasible to enter the class. Earliest entry is Warlock 3/ Truenamer 2.

Skills look about right, though Knowledge(all) seems a little broad. Absolute Limit grows as quickly as it does for a (fixed) Truenamer. d8 hit die is very gish.

Half BAB, good Fort and Will, 8/10 Truenaming and Invoking. Better saves than either Warlock or Truenamer, but worse BAB than warlock. It's probably alright, but 8/10 casting is pretty good for a theurge-type. It doesn't advance eldritch blast though, so my worries about being too powerful are unfounded. And you lose your blast anyway... interesting.

The color of your class features is hard to read on white. Consider a darker blue.

The Spectre Bound in Glass is really cool, but mirrors are quite easy to break. This seems like a liability in vanilla combat.

Eldritch Speaker is a nice boost; essences on top of Utterances means you can do more things.

What is the bonus used for Your Reflection Knows? I would assume Class Level + Int Mod, but that won't give you very high results.

Eye of Vitality is a minor boost.

Reflections Show Truth is a weird ability; it seems like a party buff provided the party has Spot. I'm not sure it really fits the theme of the class.

All Mirrors Are One: I was waiting for this feature. It helps some with the vulnerability of mirrors.

Reflect the Heart is very flavorful, but I question the utility. You're level 8 or so, and you get a limited Charm Person?

No Need For Eyes is pretty cool. It fits the otherworldly nature of the class you seem to be going for.

Deceive Watcher is nice for denying that abilities came from you. This, combined with utterances and invocations and such, makes this a credible BBEG.

Illusions Can Kill is a save-or-die at will at level 9, but it's a double-save and so I'm not worried about balance. Fits the theme and is cool.

Eye of Ethics is a minor boost. Thematic.

Visions are Prophecy has nice synergy with the expanded range you get as you level. Quite useful, fits the theme, blah blah it's good.

Who Is The Image seems too risky to use. I might instead incapacitate the Name-Me-Not for an hour if the duplicate dies while possessed.

Reality Reflects The Image is another great ability for a BBEG.

Eye of Nomenclature fits the theme.

Broken Mirrors Reflect Dreams is another class feature that lines up well with the class and is very stylish.

Lord of All Perceived is a small boost, but it fits with everything else that is going on.

Speak My Name is cool.

Too Many Eyes is kind of lackluster at this level.

Fluff will happen eventually.
    Closing thoughts
    It feels like the class is pulling in too many directions. It's a mixture of this homebrew truenamer and warlock, except only a few class features have anything to do with their warlock powers. Then there is this theme of 'reflections knowing truth' and also the evil monster in a mirror, which hangs together well. Lots of the class features build on each other, which is great but requires more re-reading to really understand the class. I'd drop the warlock angle and maybe throw in more powers, I haven't read the truenamer fix enough to see if this class could be happy with just that.

It's also kind of a terrible class for a normal PC in a normal campaign, but that's ok.

27. - Top - End - #987

Still working on the Honored Dead. Suffice to say, it'll be getting a faster bonus ghost feat progression as well as some power boosts since the Eidolon as well as the Eidoloncer are so blaaaaand.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glimbur View Post
    Sure thing!

Entry pretty much requires warlock who has spent some skills and feats on this truenaming fix you link. Also, dying in front of a mirror isn't generally done on accident. It's cool and flavorful and everything, but I might replace it with a ritual you have to do between two mirrors before you die. That makes it more feasible to enter the class. Earliest entry is Warlock 3/ Truenamer 2.

Skills look about right, though Knowledge(all) seems a little broad. Absolute Limit grows as quickly as it does for a (fixed) Truenamer. d8 hit die is very gish.

Half BAB, good Fort and Will, 8/10 Truenaming and Invoking. Better saves than either Warlock or Truenamer, but worse BAB than warlock. It's probably alright, but 8/10 casting is pretty good for a theurge-type. It doesn't advance eldritch blast though, so my worries about being too powerful are unfounded. And you lose your blast anyway... interesting.

The color of your class features is hard to read on white. Consider a darker blue.

The Spectre Bound in Glass is really cool, but mirrors are quite easy to break. This seems like a liability in vanilla combat.

Eldritch Speaker is a nice boost; essences on top of Utterances means you can do more things.

What is the bonus used for Your Reflection Knows? I would assume Class Level + Int Mod, but that won't give you very high results.

Eye of Vitality is a minor boost.

Reflections Show Truth is a weird ability; it seems like a party buff provided the party has Spot. I'm not sure it really fits the theme of the class.

All Mirrors Are One: I was waiting for this feature. It helps some with the vulnerability of mirrors.

Reflect the Heart is very flavorful, but I question the utility. You're level 8 or so, and you get a limited Charm Person?

No Need For Eyes is pretty cool. It fits the otherworldly nature of the class you seem to be going for.

Deceive Watcher is nice for denying that abilities came from you. This, combined with utterances and invocations and such, makes this a credible BBEG.

Illusions Can Kill is a save-or-die at will at level 9, but it's a double-save and so I'm not worried about balance. Fits the theme and is cool.

Eye of Ethics is a minor boost. Thematic.

Visions are Prophecy has nice synergy with the expanded range you get as you level. Quite useful, fits the theme, blah blah it's good.

Who Is The Image seems too risky to use. I might instead incapacitate the Name-Me-Not for an hour if the duplicate dies while possessed.

Reality Reflects The Image is another great ability for a BBEG.

Eye of Nomenclature fits the theme.

Broken Mirrors Reflect Dreams is another class feature that lines up well with the class and is very stylish.

Lord of All Perceived is a small boost, but it fits with everything else that is going on.

Speak My Name is cool.

Too Many Eyes is kind of lackluster at this level.

Fluff will happen eventually.
    Closing thoughts
    It feels like the class is pulling in too many directions. It's a mixture of this homebrew truenamer and warlock, except only a few class features have anything to do with their warlock powers. Then there is this theme of 'reflections knowing truth' and also the evil monster in a mirror, which hangs together well. Lots of the class features build on each other, which is great but requires more re-reading to really understand the class. I'd drop the warlock angle and maybe throw in more powers, I haven't read the truenamer fix enough to see if this class could be happy with just that.

It's also kind of a terrible class for a normal PC in a normal campaign, but that's ok.
    Yay, this one actually got FEEDBACK! I'll probably fix some things soon.

29. - Top - End - #989

Any chance of getting an extension on this round, in light of the forums being down for three days?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

30. - Top - End - #990

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Any chance of getting an extension on this round, in light of the forums being down for three days?
    I second the movement.
    Akrim.elf made my wonderful ponytar.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Curse that infernal yellowish-brown text right under comics! When shall you turn normal brown again?" -every OOTS fan ever.
    I support laziness. Call me Z if you can't be bothered to spell my full name.
    Come help build a fantasy setting!