New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R OOC thread] Bleach Style Ultimate Technique#17: Big words cause more pain

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    In this case I had meant age to be an irrelevant thing for Sterling, he hasn't gained power. There was no hidden power in his past that he's forgotten, he's simply remained a constant to himself for the past however long.

I meant him to simply not remember such age, though give other characters the option of remembering him. Turning him into one of those background constants for small parts of the city. He barely remembers a few years into the past, likely a defect in his arrancarification.

If people think this is a problem however its easily redone, I just liked the idea of a very old entity with an entirely childlike body and attitude.
    It's actually pretty weird to think that anyone knows how old they are, since there's really no way to gauge time.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R OOC thread] Bleach Style Ultimate Technique#17: Big words cause more pain

Right, are there any persons/factions within Hueco Mundo who would be willing to adopt the use of my character? I'd make a hell of a messenger, scout, spy or heck even assistant. He'd even make a special effort not not be overly weird at you (or not depending on if the other sort of relationship would be more interesting)

Regardless, now comes the backtrawling through the sands

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Right, are there any persons/factions within Hueco Mundo who would be willing to adopt the use of my character? I'd make a hell of a messenger, scout, spy or heck even assistant. He'd even make a special effort not not be overly weird at you (or not depending on if the other sort of relationship would be more interesting)

Regardless, now comes the backtrawling through the sands
    Rouga can ALWAYS use a drinking buddy.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #274

I like him from what I've read, any chance of you knowing me in a backstory kind of way? As in I stumble into Las Noches trying to track you down; you being my only strong memory at the moment.

If so, how long have you been functional again, how long have you been in Las Noches.

Also, your release is a wolf, mine is a tiger. We'd fight like cats and do... Too obvious?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276

Cuteness....overload...

In other news, the Wiki's summary is in my head and the exploits you've managed in the Hueco Mundo threads I've read so far are both brilliant and hilarious.

7. - Top - End - #277

Cuteness....overload...

In other news, the Wiki's summary is in my head and the exploits you've managed in the Hueco Mundo threads I've read so far are both brilliant and hilarious.
    You meaning all of us, or you meaning Kuroi?

8. - Top - End - #278

The latter compliments apply to all of you, I'm really enjoying the read.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

I like him from what I've read, any chance of you knowing me in a backstory kind of way? As in I stumble into Las Noches trying to track you down; you being my only strong memory at the moment.

If so, how long have you been functional again, how long have you been in Las Noches.

Also, your release is a wolf, mine is a tiger. We'd fight like cats and do... Too obvious?
    He hasn't been around that long; a month, maybe one and a half at best. (At least two or three weeks of which he spent training Pico. His Legion's become surprisingly efficient given that he never seems to take ANYONE or ANYTHING seriously. He hit on the Primera for her bewb size, for pete's sakes.)

That aside, he was more known when he was active for being the leader of one of the bigger bands of Hollows until Von Geister and him clashed. He was presumed dead, though in reality he just took a long time to get better from multiple cancerous wounds. During that time he was known as something of a rumor around Hueco Mundo, but not remembered by name or specifics.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    wasn't the 4th Captain.. "Norreni Udeoshi" played by tackyhillbillu

i think that character was one of the ones to be promoted to Zero squad...i was looking for the thread post.

i dont remember who posted it...FF or Strawberry maybe...

maybe my brain is not working too

EDIT:

found it (i guess saying 'retired' was incorrect ...the 4th Captain was promoted to Zero Squad)
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=803

Maybe...she was on a long term mission with the Secret Remote Squad or something? She was chosen specifically because of her past with the 2nd as well as her superior skill. She comes back, and the Captain is gone, and she is stronger for having been on such a tough mission for so long. Something like that maybe? (ala: Amagai anime filler arc)
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Udeoshi was one of the several. Perhaps Akira could be formerly retired, and step in as fourth division captain now? It would explain why we haven't seen her yet.
    I think I'd go with Hirokatsu's suggestion that Akira was sent on a long term mission. She was chosen as a 4th Division member and also because she had all those years of training with the 2nd, making her not just a combat medic, but a really good combat medic.

So when she returns from her mission and the 4th Captain has left for the Zero squad, she realized that she is scheduled for the Captain Test and passed as expected.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaand I actually do have internets!
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-07-26 at 06:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Aaaand I actually do have internets!
    Yayfications!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

And there was much rejoicing.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Still, it's on iPhone, and between stuff, so somewhat slow posting.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

Beats no posting.

See, it goes on a scale:

Freakishly omniscient posting
    Ninja posting
    REALLY fast posting
    Very fast posting
    Fast posting
    Regular posting
    Slightly slow posting
    Somewhat slow posting
    Very slow posting
    Glacier melting speed posting
    Big Bang frequency posting
    No posting
    Playful trolling
    Intentionally bad posting
    E-peen trolling
    Flaming
    Trolling AND flaming
    Spamming
    Spamming AND flaming.

See?
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-07-26 at 08:00 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Good to know I'm better than trolls.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right well, its been a very long time since I last read through BleachITP. For better or worse some of you may know me as Lorolar from the previous game. Having been reminded of this fine game by a friend and encouraged the recruitment was still a very real possibility; well, here I am I guess.

This is the character I originally wrote for Reborn, but never actually played, plus a few rewrites and expansions on what I originally laid out. An arrancar and hoping for a plothook, a sponsor or at least a place in the fine white city.

Any Advice on which threads I need to read through to get back up to date? Also, wouldn't mind some proof reading/comments/criticisms on the character.

It would be lovely to get back in on this game if thats alright with all of you ^^

Sterling Holguin: Arrancar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Sterling Holguin

Age Actual/Apparant: Uncertain/17
    Height: 5"6
    Weight: 126
    Reiatsu: Purple
    Afflitation: Fun (or chao to the englightened)

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Short amongst many Arrancar, Sterling hardly cuts an intimidating figure. Of lower average height and slender build he ends up simply looking young, possibly to his chagrin if he'd ever admit it. A mane of well kempt hair frames his face, obscuring his forehead and his right eye behind an overlong fringe. His hair is a vibrant shade of purple with hot pink streaks in it that attract mockery from some arrancar but Sterling insists are "cute". Beneath his clothing his frame is wiry and defined, without any real muscle mass; the body of a runner. He wears loose hakama that are long enough to obscure his sandals but just about manages to avoid them being long enough to trip over. Rather than the standard jacket of Las Noches he instead wears a version with a hood, which is almost never up, and he has torn the sleeves off.

His mask Fragment takes the form of a solid band of bone which shapes two cat like ears emerging from his hair before looping a thin band round over his cheek to the side of his mouth where a lone fang points downwards. The ears themselves appear smooth though are actually as course as sandpaper and sharp to boot, running a hand over them comes at the cost of skin. His hollow hole is located on the right side of his chest, as if you had mirrored where the heart would normally be.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whimsical, bouncy, unpredictable. All these world fail to quite describe Sterling, a better one might be unhinged. Well meaning perhaps behind it all but a few stones short of a wall. For the most part happy and inquisitive, he treats the whole world as a game and loves to play with people more than anything. Occasionally in his games with people he reveals a level of intelligence that is entirely unexpected, proposing complex philosophical questions with impossible answers. He is however equally likely just to hide your pants from you, life's a game after all.

The world is chaos at the end of the day, so he'd cheerfully explain, the more you try to impose order the harder it will snap back at you in the end; the longer chaos is trapped by order's deluded efforts the greater its release will be. Sterling would much rather go with the flow of the "real" world, to revel in life without order because order doesnt exist. Theres no such thing as either order or disorder, just the random chance of chaos and the lies the unenlightened cling to.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sands are boring, deserts dull. The human world had always been the place to be, to watch and to observe. To play and to laugh, its just a shame the Shinigami always seemed to disagree. Often violently with very sharp sticks. The hollow that would become Sterling was always forced back to the deserts of Hueco Mundo, forced to devour other holows who were dull and uninteresting before Las Noches came to be. The city of the ghost king brough with it arrancar, and the possibility of becomming one. A city of people, of intruige and life, vibrant and fileld with every kind of person; music to Sterling's ears.

He has resided in the white city for an entirely indeterminate length of time, only the ghost king himself would know the true time and Sterling stays so far benath his gaze as to try and be forgotten. If asked he will claim his memory is full of holes and he can barely remember his past, let alone how old he is. Whether thats true or not it is doubtful even he knows.

Zanpukto: Gato Chiflado. (Mad Cat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whilst sealed Chiflado Gato takes the form of a Bagh Nakh. A strange device of vaguely glove like formation consisting of four curved blades that extend from the knuckles imitating claws designed to slash and a short curved blade extending to the side away from the body. Unless expecting combat these strange weapons are kept strapped to his belt at all times. The donning or wearing of these gloves is a sure sign Holguin is expecting combat or is acting hostile.

Release: Mueca anchuro, Chiflado Gato (Grin Wide, Mad cat)
    Holguin's form swells to grotesque proportions, muscles bulging and growing to just over seven and a half feet tall, leaving him resembling nothing so much as a bizarrely coloured anthropomorphic tiger. Much of this height is however lost to the fact he drops down to all fours, though he retains a turn of speed and agility that belies this growth. In this form he becomes covered by a layer of purple and pink striped fur which serves as a potent Heirro shielding him from harm better than in his sealed state
    If a combatant finds themselves observing the fur closely they will notice that the two colours flash and blur between each others, fast enough to provoke epilepsy in those susceptible. To the majority of opponents this is merely distracting, very distracting.
    His weapons are absorbed into his hands; leaving cruelly barbed claws and the hands, or paws as the case may be, are particularly reinforced by Heirro to allow them to serve as instruments for blocking to an extent as well as for horrific slashing implements.

Other Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Garganta de la gatera:
    A form of garanta unique to Sterling, rather than slow to use this is as instantaneous as sonido allowing him to vanish and reappear from place to place in the blink of an eye without having to occupy the intervening space. He often uses this for acts as simple as toying with someone new, transporting himself from place to place in easy reach of them as they try to keep sight of him or attack him. As he is stunned for a brief moment as he gets his bearings on a new perspective he is vulnerable for a brief moment after each teleportation. It is rare for another to take advantage of this however as that moment is usually spent finding where he went

Luz del mentiroso:
    A bizzare form of cero and bala, the projectiles formed by this ability are far larger and the cero forms quicker than his standard cero. The truely bizzare nature of this ability is apparant only when it makes impact with the target, they will find themselves immersed in its light and heat but will emerge entirely unscathed, this form of Cero is entirely incapable of causing injury. Combatants would be fools to think this was how it always worked however, Sterling uses this to taunt enemies but to assume every cero was a fake could end badly.

Theme Song: Discordia - Son Of Rust
    Read Sterling.

Cecilia just got a new person to attempt to recruit!

(It also keeps in her theme of "Spanish names are not cool". )
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, anyone got a list of noble families in Sereitei?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

…Apart from the Hayasi and Callos', I forget. Also, wow. Forget unreasonable, Karite can't stay away from his superior officer.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fujiwara Akira updated to the Character Registry.

I've adjusted her history a little bit. I purposely left the length of time she had served as the Captain, so you guys can just plant her in at whenever.

I do however made specific mention to a 100 year-long mission which she had the opportunity to train, attain and complete her training with her Bankai.

So like that Amagai filler arc, she was also one of those who went out, gained a crapton of XP and came back more badass than she had started.

And she will reform the 4th Division to make them a stronger and more credible force than ever.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #291

…Apart from the Hayasi and Callos', I forget. Also, wow. Forget unreasonable, Karite can't stay away from his superior officer.
    Ryuunosuke, Nakamura, Hayashi, Yama, I think Ryouichi, and a few others.

Edit: Yamamoto, and maybe others.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-07-26 at 09:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

He can resign.

I didn't say Taiki was reasonable. And Karite is free to object if he wants.

Edit: You know what, does anyone want a sister? I'm working on my 7th Division character and I need somewhere to start.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-07-26 at 09:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    He can resign.

I didn't say Taiki was reasonable. And Karite is free to object if he wants.

Edit: You know what, does anyone want a sister? I'm working on my 7th Division character and I need somewhere to start.
    I remember you pretty clearly telling terry that Taiki would probably want his head. This seems reasonable compared to the slow torture everyone thought was going to happen

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I remember you pretty clearly telling terry that Taiki would probably want his head. This seems reasonable compared to the slow torture everyone thought was going to happen
    Fortunately, Taiki's brilliant plan will go terribly due to reasons Karite has just detailed.

And now, anti-jokes!

Spoiler
    Show

What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer?
    Spoiler
    Show

WE ARE BOTH LAWYERS

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Fortunately, Taiki's brilliant plan will go terribly due to reasons Karite has just detailed.

And now, anti-jokes!

Spoiler
    Show

What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer?
    Spoiler
    Show

WE ARE BOTH LAWYERS
    Taiki has sway with central, especially when it comes to lawbreakers. He could bind Karite into years worth of questionings and probably incarceration if he'd like. Do not meddle in the affairs of captains, for they will probably bust a hado 99 on you and keep walking

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki's psychotic.

27. - Top - End - #297

From what I remember it's not one of the Onmi following Karite.

He has a permanent execution squad following him.

But then again, Taiki's psychotic.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Is it an Execution Squad (as in, one of the squads from 10th, which would be no problem for Taiki) or a squad of assassins from Onmi?

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    From what I remember it's not one of the Onmi following Karite.

He has a permanent execution squad following him.

But then again, Taiki's psychotic.
    It was Onmi, since Central 46 passed the ruling.

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Is it an Execution Squad (as in, one of the squads from 10th, which would be no problem for Taiki) or a squad of assassins from Onmi?
    Like Riccaru said, squad of assassins.

He is a known Vizard, and Central 46 doesn't like this whole 'chances' thing.