New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R OOC thread] Bleach Style Ultimate Technique#17: Big words cause more pain

Because a hedgehog Hollow would absolutely have to be blue and fast, and Rouga is neither.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R OOC thread] Bleach Style Ultimate Technique#17: Big words cause more pain

Because Sega ruined hedgehogs for me after Sonic Team split.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Be glad Sega didn't choose a sloth for its bluish speeder characterization.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

I have a fullbring character of slight importance in the works. So I'll leave this power set here.

Fullbring Focus: Book of the Abyss
    Spoiler
    Show
    This musty tome, a compilation of twelve books, looks lunky to carry around at best, but it never leaves *omitted*'s hands. While it might hurt to have this dropped on your head, it doesn't have a lot of innate combat uses.

Fullbring Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    *omitted* retains the same skills as any fullbring, such as using the soul of earth/concrete to boost their jumping power, and standing on air or water.

Bringer Light: *omitted* is skilled in the use of bringer light, but prefers to stay immobile because of the nature of his focus.

Fire and Brimstone: The main unique application of the book outside of foci, this grants *omitted* the ability to control the soul of fire, directing it in offensive or defensive manner. It also makes them extremely resistant, nigh on immune to fire.

Focus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    By speaking a specific line from each book (which *omitted* has memorized), the Book of the Abyss summons an abyssal greatsword easily 6 feet in length, with a mind of its own. On its own, it will attack only those who attempt to approach *omitted*, but they may be mentally directed by their master to attack specific individuals. Up to 12 (one for each book) may be summoned in this manner. They are extremely hot to the touch, igniting particularly combustible matter on contact.

The focus required to control all twelve blades is mutually exclusive from also using Fire and Brimstone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Book 1: 'To be weak is miserable; Doing or suffering'.
    Book 2: 'Which, if not Victory, is yet revenge'
    Book 3: 'And oft, though wisdom wake, suspicion sleeps'
    Book 4: 'So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear'
    Book 5: 'Midnight brought on the dusky hour; Friendliest to sleep and silence.'
    Book 6: 'Horrible discord, and the madding wheels; Of brazen chariots rag'd: dire was the noise; Of conflict.'
    Book 7: 'Out of one man a race; Of men innumerable.'
    Book 8: 'Accuse not Nature: she hath done her part; Do thou but thine.'
    Book 9: 'Earth felt the wound, and Nature from her seat; Sighing through all her works, gave signs of woe; That all was lost.'
    Book 10: 'How gladly would I meet; Mortality my sentence, and be earth'
    Book 11: 'And over them triumphant Death his dart
    Shook, but delay'd to strike, though oft invok'd.'

Book 12: 'Of proud ambitious heart, who not content; With fair equalitie, fraternal state; Will arrogate Dominion undeserv'd'
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-07-21 at 10:12 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi all,

First off...sorry for taking up so much of the OOC last night, i hope nothing got buried, my apologies if something did

Second, as for the time skip stuff...i never thought it would be something that would happen immediately in the time, only that maybe a time skip would be good AFTER the current plots resolve, and to do so would mean talking about it and planning it so we dont have another bunch of plots going at that point. It was intended to make people feel like they shouldnt do their plots in full and at whatever length they need to be done at. It was not intended to be pushy or anything like that, but instead as means of getting out ahead of the idea instead for planning sake, as i know from experience how much would need to be discussed and checked on before such an event would happen. And if it is considered not worth doing, then so be it, but i feel i should be allowed to express my thoughts on the topic without being lambasted...

it was a simple discussion and one that was brought up out of care for the events and RP...it was only because i felt too much stuff was happening in such short amounts of time that i brought it up...i just didnt want it to be too unrealistic...that's all...if everyone thinks it should the way it is...then fine...it's just an opinion after all...and expressing in any way other than being direct and truly what i believe would be unfair to it being a true opinion...i didnt say it just to say something...i said it because i meant it.....regardless, it doesnt 'anger' me for people to disagree with me and speak their own opinions...but that doesnt mean it will change my mind on my own opinions validity for myself...it just may mean my own opinion isnt what is adopted which is totally fine

Thirdly, and lastly, with regards to my powers for my character "Goto". The way i made them and how they were discussed when i first posted them in the OOC i believe was very much how Frozen discussed them, and their limitations were as he has stated, i believe he helped come to the conclusions and wording i put in place as i am sure the words did not start out the way they ended up in the registry

Having said that, I have no problem changing the words "Practically Invulnerable" to "Very tough to harm" or something with less potential semantic problems inherent. As Terry posted, it would leave just as much room for dramatic intensity, which was the reason for the power in the first place, which to me is the point, so again i have no problem changing that. And will do so, immediately. If "Very tough to harm" is not appropriate still, i will gladly change it to something else to appease the community.

As for the exact power level of what can get through, i am still trying to understand exactly what people want me to post, it seems that all power is subjective around here, and making the exact power level of the defense to be known seems only to paint the drama into a corner and potentially allow for metagaming in battles....I dont think the character would know the exact power limit on its defense, so i find it hard to pinpoint what i should write in the registry. As is aid, it is a literary driven power, like when Yamamoto took the full force of his Shikai powers onto himself, and was only severely burned. There was no power he said to allow him to take the brunt of that, it was merely a literary choice to show how tough he was even without a special defense from his Shikai or a fancy Kido, and that he wasnt dead.... my character is NOT Yamamoto...i know this...and the parallel is NOT perfect...the point being that the exact power level he can withstand is not perfectly understood for the reader...or probably the writer...the drama of the situation drove the power he showed not a carefully written description of the power levels

It has been shown Shikai's can be more powerful when used by experienced veterans to take on and defeat even the highest Espada using his ultimate technique (Shunsui and Starrk battle)... what drives the winner is the RP and the events of how the powers are used...I could see a way a unseated could kill a Captain...and it wouldnt need godmodding or broken powers to happen...but that instance would be dictated by the players playing the characters in such a way to make that happen...just because the Captain SHOULD win doesnt mean he HAS to win...I always thought power levels were just guides for RP...

Having said all of that, i am fine with putting a label on it...I am. All i ask is whether everyone else has/would do the same thing for all of their characters' powers' extents'...i dont think everyone else has done this with all their powers? I dont think we need to police the exactness of this type of stuff, when/if a situation comes up where it needs to be hammered out, then the people can talk to each other in PM's to make it work out for the betterment of the particular RP. I for one have absolutely no plans to use these particular powers in any plans i have thought of.

Again, i will abide by the will of the whole community. But i only ask that what i may be asked to do is not challenged by someone else if the same specificity is asked of their characters.

I will make my change to the registry regarding the word "invulnerable" shortly

And again, just to be clear, i am NOT angry or pissed off or anything super crazy bad liek that, i a just expressing my thoughts and opinions in response to those other opinions and thoughts directed towards me...it isnt an 'argument' or anything negative...and there is NO negative tone to my words as i wrote them so please do not add any of that in

Thanks for all the input and your time.
    (sorry this is so long, but i figured a long response was respectful to the subjects at hand)

Aaron

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Neat... How could a radar be binary?

It's probably obvious, but I never notice the obvious.
    Either "detect enemy" or "don't detect enemy"? I dunno, maybe that could get explained.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Ladies and gents, Soushi has been itching to use Bankai for a while now. I've been trying to think of a situation that might suitably push him to reveal that trump card, maybe scar a Shinigami or two for life on that account...

Thoughts?

I figure the Concierge's recent incursion gives him the perfect excuse for an external expedition. All that's left is to get us a suitably powerful NPC or two to serve as sacrificial lambs opponents.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

i could always have a 9th Division or two (as they work alone or in small groups), be out on Recon somewhere...or for some reason be ordered to do some Recon somewhere...and maybe they need a little "oomph" company because it is potentially dangerous where they are going...and i could have Hirokatsu make a request...a request Soushi takes up...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Ladies and gents, Soushi has been itching to use Bankai for a while now. I've been trying to think of a situation that might suitably push him to reveal that trump card, maybe scar a Shinigami or two for life on that account...

Thoughts?

I figure the Concierge's recent incursion gives him the perfect excuse for an external expedition. All that's left is to get us a suitably powerful NPC or two to serve as sacrificial lambs opponents.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm, you think Zom will need someone to staple on her head?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

I said he'd still lose an arm or something. To pretty much everyone else, that'd be a fatal wound. To Rouga, it's just a handicap.
    This is anime! You totally don't die when your arm gets chopped off. *nods*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    The guy from 127 hours didn't either... And he cut his own arm off with a rusty knife.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure snapping off half a dozen major arteries is just a flesh wound.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

Is there a sheet for the zombie girl?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

*points to sig*
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    *points to sig*
    How would you feel about Stein knowing her, probably through being the one who has to stitch her back together? It's not like she can do it herself all the time, and she can't exactly go to the fourth.

He would also absolutely fawn over her, just because of what she is.

Edit: New Name, New Font.

Fumio Santo

Height: 5'11”
    Weight: 143
    Hair: Dull gray and comes to his jawline at the lowest point.
    Reaitsu: Slightly yellow with a nasty habit of bathing the area in static electricity.

Speech: DarkSlateBlue Bold

Rank: Former third seat of fourth division, hoping to become the captain of fourth. As of now he is a doctor to the Rukon.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fumio has gray hair which hangs down limply in his face. He wears round glasses which he doesn't actually needs, but says it makes him look more “respectable.” He wears a simple gray sweater and khaki pants under a white labcoat whose seams are highly visible, as if stitched together with sutures. A stick of pocky can usually be seen in his mouth, though where he keeps getting them is anyone's guess. His blade is often not carried with him, but if it is present it rests easily on his right hip, as he is left handed. He often looks tired or upset, but always looks like he has something going through his head.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stein isn't big on formality, and unless addressing Tsukada or a member of the central 46 will talk to them as if a close personal friend. He does know that this is bothersome to many, but finds it a good way to judge people. Stein always has something going on, whether it be an experiment of some sort or a tough medical puzzle to solve. He will play a game with many of the seated and unseated he sees, trying to convince them they may be ill. Underneath all this, he may be a little bit off, but so far he's been unnoticed in that respect.

History: Little is to be said about Stein besides that he was always a capable healer and ultimately a great officer. He left the Gotei at about the same time Tsukada took over, though the events were unrelated.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shocking Sin. Stein's blade is simple in appearance, but bears a scratch on one side of a lightning bolt.

Shikai: “Mummify and revive, Shocking Sin.” Stein's blade slowly turns to white cloth and wraps around his arm, much like a boxer would have tape. The cloth goes midway up his forearm as well.

Shikai Abilities: Shocking Sin allows Stein greater control of his own reiatsu through his left hand, allowing his kido to gain a boost in power, although it's not as great as one would think. This allows him to cast up to the mid seventies in kido, all without chant at half power. The more noticeable thing is that he can fire his reiatsu for a short distance, which takes the form of, and properties of, lightining. This can be used to damage enemies, or as he's found out, can shock the recently deceased back to life sometimes. A being with greater reiatsu will be less likely to be revived, however.

Bankai: “Stir the blood, Paradise Sin.” Stein's Shikai changes very little, having the end of the white cloth now sutured to his arm. The sutures also cover his body rather randomly. His right upper arm being sewn to his shoulder, his left foot sutured to his leg, and his right face having a suture from the middle of his forehead under his right ear and into his hair again.

Bankai Abilities: Paradise Sin has all the properties of Shocking Sin, though lets Stein use lightning based kido more effectively, at full power without chant. The cloth can now wrap around an enemy and allows Stein to throw them or draw them in. He can also use his shocking palm for a longer amount of time, letting him deal more damage to an enemy.

Inner World: Stein's Inner World is an endless field filled with lightning rods where the weather is always storming. The grass is blackened from fire in some places and trees have been struck down.

Zanpakuto Spirit: Shocking Sin appears as an attractive woman dressed as a “naughty nurse”. She has pink hair pulled into a bun and always carries a white umbrella to stave off the rain.

General Abilities:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zanjutsu: Poor. Stein considers himself “ a lover, not a fighter”.

Hakuda: Fair. Stein's entire thought process in an actual fight is to get his left hand into play, so any skill he has in this area is out of necessity. Patients do get unruly, after all.

Kido: Fair. Stein can use most kido up to the sixties, but only to 43 without chant. He is capable of all healing kido with great results however.

Hoho: Good. He may not be the fastest person to hit the gotei but he does like a measure of mobility and so he's learned to use hoho. While in Shikai or Bankai he may rival some of the slower captains, but only the slow ones.

Passable Engineer. Stein has a habit of thinking about things differently, so he also likes to take objects and improve upon them. This is also what leads him to be a passable cook as well.

Surgical Expert. Stein has had practice, and so he can name every bone, organ, and muscle in your body. Probably remove them too.

Pianist. Stein has had a lot of time to spend, and so he spent it on playing the piano. He has many hours of practice and can play nearly anything as such.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-07-21 at 11:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    How would you feel about Stein knowing her, probably through being the one who has to stitch her back together? It's not like she can do it herself all the time, and she can't exactly go to the fourth.

He would also absolutely fawn over her, just because of what she is.
    No thanks, I have plot ideas that involve her mostly being a recently-surfaced mystery. As for reconstructing her now, probably.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

So this popped into my head last night and I felt like sharing.

What did Sauron use to build his house?

Bricks and Mordor.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

That was terrible, and you should feel terrible.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Is it alright if I create the Captain of the 4th Division?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

On one hand, we've tried to keep any one person from having both a Captain and Vice Captain.

On the other, the 4th has been captainless for a while.

It's a tossup.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Um, Nick currently HAS no Captain or Vice-Captain characters. (Aya may be due for a promotion, but in Ryouichi's place, I would wait until she's a little more mature to hand her a VC or Captain position.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

On one hand, we've tried to keep any one person from having both a Captain and Vice Captain.

On the other, the 4th has been captainless for a while.

It's a tossup.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Is anyone opposed to me having both a VC and a Captain for characters?
    I'll wait for tgva8889's response then, I'm fine doing either the VC of the Captain.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Um, Nick currently HAS no Captain or Vice-Captain characters. (Aya may be due for a promotion, but in Ryouichi's place, I would wait until she's a little more mature to hand her a VC or Captain position.)
    ...I suppose that's true.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

That's just me though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Frozen mentioned something about how it might not be very likely that Aya would survive something. So perhaps I might truly end up with no Shinigami characters at all
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Frozen mentioned something about how it might not be very likely that Aya would survive something. So perhaps I might truly end up with no Shinigami characters at all
    Oh, she'll survive alright. Her boyfriend will definitely see to it.

"Her heart's stopped! Ranginjin, crash cart form! CLEAR!" *BZZZAP*
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-07-22 at 09:52 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right, so, I've been considering Masaru's bankai, and found it a bit wanting. For being one of the most senior Captains, and something of a "right-hand-man" to Ryouichi, and a parallel to the canon 8th Captain, his Bankai feels, on reflection, a bit lackluster. I'm not saying he's going to dual-weild Buster Swords or anything. But in talking with one or two others, I had some ideas.

First, his current sealed state, Shikai, and Bankai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zanpakutou Unreleased Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hikari no Magari's sealed form is a daisho pair of a katana and wakizashi (each of fairly standard length). The blades are a bright steel, and the handles are wrapped in light grey. The guard is a simple solid golden square, and the pommel is smooth and rounded, sharing the coloration of the guard. Masaru wears the katana on his left and the wakizashi on his right.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When he releases shikai, Masaru's swords turn into blades of condensed yellow light. This gives them a minor increase in "cutting power", as well as making their touch like very hot fire (so likely bad for anything icy). The main power, however, is in fact a ranged attack. Masaru can fling the blade of either sword as an energy attack; said blade of energy flies through the air, smashing into a target. However, the sword that flings its blade away has to wait a certain amount of time for the blade to "regrow". His wakizashi can fire off a blast about once every three seconds, with the power of about a Shakkaho. The katana fires off with about twice the power, but requires six seconds to reform. There is no immediate limit to how often he can do this, long-term.

Bankai: Hikari no Magari no Arashi (English: Storm of Curving Light)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no visible physical change to Masaru's swords. However, he is now capable of firing off blades from his swords much faster, as the blades replicate themselves for the blasts, rather than sending off the original blade. This allows him to achieve a fire rate of about a blast per second on each sword. Masaru is fond of barraging enemies with this ability.
    Secondly, by holding the swords with blades crossed in front of himself, he can create a sudden flare of light, blinding and disorienting his enemies fora few critical seconds.
    Finally, Masaru can hold his swords side-by-side and fire a blast equal to a Hado 88 with full chant. Both blades then take 3 seconds to fully regrow (though he can at least block with what does exist after about a second).

Now, here's the proposed change (also, cleaned up a bit)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *The blades of Hikari no Magari no Arashi shift from yellow to blue. This color shift is indicative of an increase in the intensity of their heat and cutting power. His wakizashi triples in overall damage potential, while the katana is able to concentrate even more power, sextupling its damage potential (cutting power, blade strength, ability to burn through targets). However, this change does not, by default, increase the firing rate for his "blade throw".
    *To increase his rate of fire, Masaru can cause the tossed blades to fragment, scattering them over an area and causing each "piece" to act like a small fragmentation grenade. This fragmentation can occur midair, or upon impact with a target. It does not increase his overall rate of fire, however.
    *By holding the swords with blades crossed in front of himself, he can create a sudden flare of light, blinding and disorienting his enemies fora few critical seconds.
    *Masaru can hold his swords side-by-side and fire a blast equal to a Hado 88 with full chant. Both blades then take 3 seconds to fully regrow (though he can at least block with what does exist after about a second).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Right, so, I've been considering Masaru's bankai, and found it a bit wanting. For being one of the most senior Captains, and something of a "right-hand-man" to Ryouichi, and a parallel to the canon 8th Captain, his Bankai feels, on reflection, a bit lackluster. I'm not saying he's going to dual-weild Buster Swords or anything. But in talking with one or two others, I had some ideas.

First, his current sealed state, Shikai, and Bankai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zanpakutou Unreleased Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hikari no Magari's sealed form is a daisho pair of a katana and wakizashi (each of fairly standard length). The blades are a bright steel, and the handles are wrapped in light grey. The guard is a simple solid golden square, and the pommel is smooth and rounded, sharing the coloration of the guard. Masaru wears the katana on his left and the wakizashi on his right.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When he releases shikai, Masaru's swords turn into blades of condensed yellow light. This gives them a minor increase in "cutting power", as well as making their touch like very hot fire (so likely bad for anything icy). The main power, however, is in fact a ranged attack. Masaru can fling the blade of either sword as an energy attack; said blade of energy flies through the air, smashing into a target. However, the sword that flings its blade away has to wait a certain amount of time for the blade to "regrow". His wakizashi can fire off a blast about once every three seconds, with the power of about a Shakkaho. The katana fires off with about twice the power, but requires six seconds to reform. There is no immediate limit to how often he can do this, long-term.

Spoiler
    Show
    There is no visible physical change to Masaru's swords. However, he is now capable of firing off blades from his swords much faster, as the blades replicate themselves for the blasts, rather than sending off the original blade. This allows him to achieve a fire rate of about a blast per second on each sword. Masaru is fond of barraging enemies with this ability.
    Secondly, by holding the swords with blades crossed in front of himself, he can create a sudden flare of light, blinding and disorienting his enemies fora few critical seconds.
    Finally, Masaru can hold his swords side-by-side and fire a blast equal to a Hado 88 with full chant. Both blades then take 3 seconds to fully regrow (though he can at least block with what does exist after about a second).

Now, here's the proposed change (also, cleaned up a bit)
    Spoiler
    Show
    *The blades of Hikari no Magari no Arashi shift from yellow to blue. This color shift is indicative of an increase in the intensity of their heat and cutting power. His wakizashi triples in overall damage potential, while the katana is able to concentrate even more power, sextupling its damage potential (cutting power, blade strength, ability to burn through targets). However, this change does not, by default, increase the firing rate for his "blade throw".
    *To increase his rate of fire, Masaru can cause the tossed blades to fragment, scattering them over an area and causing each "piece" to act like a small fragmentation grenade. This fragmentation can occur midair, or upon impact with a target. It does not increase his overall rate of fire, however.
    *By holding the swords with blades crossed in front of himself, he can create a sudden flare of light, blinding and disorienting his enemies fora few critical seconds.
    *Masaru can hold his swords side-by-side and fire a blast equal to a Hado 88 with full chant. Both blades then take 3 seconds to fully regrow (though he can at least block with what does exist after about a second).
    So the blade fragments, then the fragments fragment even more? Is there any conceivable way to block this at all?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    So the blade fragments, then the fragments fragment even more? Is there any conceivable way to block this at all?
    Well, less "fragment" at the second stage, and more "explode". But we're talking fairly small explosions. Instead of one single blade with all that energy, it's a dozen pieces, each with 1/12 the energy.
    As well, he can't control the pieces. So it's like throwing a fragmentation grenade, or an AOE Kido. If you just stand there, you'll be hurt. Get out of the area, or throw up some sort of method of blocking the explosions and fragments, and you're doing okay. This isn't some super-sure-kill-un-blockable move (the closest thing he has to that is the super-beam that's a Hado 88).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

I think that's fine. It's not like he's going nova or carpet-bombing every square inch of a given area.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show